Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: drl
Alias: cb253, dra, zgc:109857, zinc finger protein draculin
- Belele C, English M, Chahal J, Burnetti A, Finckbeiner S, Gibney G, et al. Differential requirement for Gata1 DNA binding and transactivation between primitive and definitive stages of hematopoiesis in zebrafish. Blood. 2009;114:5162-72 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the impact of Gata1 on hematopoiesis correlates with its DNA-binding ability and that primitive hematopoiesis is more sensitive to reduction in Gata1 function than definitive hematopoiesis. ..
- Mosimann C, PanÃ¡kovÃ¡ D, Werdich A, Musso G, Burger A, Lawson K, et al. Chamber identity programs drive early functional partitioning of the heart. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8146 pubmed publisher..contribution of the FHF and SHF to the zebrafish heart using the cis-regulatory elements of the draculin (drl) gene. The drl reporters initially delineate the lateral plate mesoderm, including heart progenitors...
- Novikov N, Evans T. Tmem88a mediates GATA-dependent specification of cardiomyocyte progenitors by restricting WNT signaling. Development. 2013;140:3787-98 pubmed publisher..Tmem88a is a novel component of the regulatory mechanism controlling the second phase of biphasic WNT activity essential for embryonic cardiogenesis. ..
- Farber S, De Rose R, Olson E, Halpern M. The zebrafish annexin gene family. Genome Res. 2003;13:1082-96 pubmed..The differences in gene expression of recently duplicated anx genes could explain why highly related paralogs were maintained in the genome and did not rapidly become pseudogenes. ..
- Paik E, Mahony S, White R, Price E, DiBiase A, Dorjsuren B, et al. A Cdx4-Sall4 regulatory module controls the transition from mesoderm formation to embryonic hematopoiesis. Stem Cell Reports. 2013;1:425-36 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that auto- and cross-regulation of Cdx4 and Sall4 establish a stable molecular circuit in the mesoderm that facilitates the activation of the blood-specific program as development proceeds...
- Bardet P, Horard B, Laudet V, Vanacker J. The ERRalpha orphan nuclear receptor controls morphogenetic movements during zebrafish gastrulation. Dev Biol. 2005;281:102-11 pubmed..Altogether, these results propose ERRalpha as a new regulator of morphogenetic movement during gastrulation, independently of cell fate determination. ..
- Sumanas S, Jorniak T, Lin S. Identification of novel vascular endothelial-specific genes by the microarray analysis of the zebrafish cloche mutants. Blood. 2005;106:534-41 pubmed..Further functional studies of these novel genes should help to elucidate critical early steps leading to the formation of vertebrate blood vessels. ..
- Takeuchi M, Fuse Y, Watanabe M, Andrea C, Takeuchi M, Nakajima H, et al. LSD1/KDM1A promotes hematopoietic commitment of hemangioblasts through downregulation of Etv2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:13922-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the LSD1-dependent shutdown of Etv2 gene expression may be a significant event required for hemangioblasts to initiate hematopoietic differentiation. ..
- Deniziak M, Thisse C, Rederstorff M, Hindelang C, Thisse B, Lescure A. Loss of selenoprotein N function causes disruption of muscle architecture in the zebrafish embryo. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:156-67 pubmed..Moreover, alteration of myofibrils architecture and tendon-like structure in embryo deficient for SelN function provide new insights into the pathological mechanism of SelN-related myopathy. ..
- Rui Y, Xu Z, Xiong B, Cao Y, Lin S, Zhang M, et al. A beta-catenin-independent dorsalization pathway activated by Axin/JNK signaling and antagonized by aida. Dev Cell. 2007;13:268-82 pubmed..We have thus identified a dorsalization pathway that is exerted by Axin/JNK signaling and its inhibitor Aida during vertebrate embryogenesis. ..
- Zhuravleva J, Solary E, Chluba J, Bastie J, Delva L. A role for the transcription intermediary factor 2 in zebrafish myelopoiesis. Exp Hematol. 2008;36:559-67 pubmed publisher..These data indicate an important role for TIF2 in zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis. ..
- Li X, Jia S, Wang S, Wang Y, Meng A. Mta3-NuRD complex is a master regulator for initiation of primitive hematopoiesis in vertebrate embryos. Blood. 2009;114:5464-72 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Mta3-NuRD complex is essential for the initiation of primitive hematopoiesis. Thus, our findings provide new insight into the regulatory hierarchy of primitive hematopoiesis in vertebrates. ..
- Horsfield J, Anagnostou S, Hu J, Cho K, Geisler R, Lieschke G, et al. Cohesin-dependent regulation of Runx genes. Development. 2007;134:2639-49 pubmed..Our findings provide evidence for a novel role for cohesin in development, and indicate potential for monoallelic loss of cohesin subunits to alter gene expression. ..
- Rohde L, Oates A, Ho R. A crucial interaction between embryonic red blood cell progenitors and paraxial mesoderm revealed in spadetail embryos. Dev Cell. 2004;7:251-62 pubmed..Importantly, our data identify a hematopoietic microenvironment that allows embryonic RBC production in the zebrafish. ..
- Dal Pra S, Fürthauer M, Van Celst J, Thisse B, Thisse C. Noggin1 and Follistatin-like2 function redundantly to Chordin to antagonize BMP activity. Dev Biol. 2006;298:514-26 pubmed
- Hsia N, Zon L. Transcriptional regulation of hematopoietic stem cell development in zebrafish. Exp Hematol. 2005;33:1007-14 pubmed..Future studies using new technologies in the zebrafish model will enhance our understanding of the molecular networks regulating HSC pluripotency and differentiation. ..
- McCarthy N, Sidik A, Bertrand J, Eberhart J. An Fgf-Shh signaling hierarchy regulates early specification of the zebrafish skull. Dev Biol. 2016;415:261-277 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results provide a mechanistic understanding of early postchordal neurocranial development and demonstrate a hierarchy of signaling between Fgf and Hh in the development of this structure. ..
- Slagle C, Aoki T, Burdine R. Nodal-dependent mesendoderm specification requires the combinatorial activities of FoxH1 and Eomesodermin. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002072 pubmed publisher..Our findings also offer novel insights into the co-evolution of the Nodal signaling pathway, the notochord specification program, and the chordate branch of the deuterostome family of animals. ..
- Pauli A, Norris M, Valen E, Chew G, Gagnon J, Zimmerman S, et al. Toddler: an embryonic signal that promotes cell movement via Apelin receptors. Science. 2014;343:1248636 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Toddler is an activator of APJ/Apelin receptor signaling, promotes gastrulation movements, and might be the first in a series of uncharacterized developmental signals...