Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: dnmt1
Description: DNA (cytosine-5-)-methyltransferase 1
Alias: cb1075, cb983, ddn, dmnt1, fb05h01, mta, wu:fb05h01, DNA (cytosine-5)-methyltransferase 1
- Marjoram L, Alvers A, Deerhake M, Bagwell J, Mankiewicz J, Cocchiaro J, et al. Epigenetic control of intestinal barrier function and inflammation in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:2770-5 pubmed publisher..We propose that loss of epigenetic repression and TNF induction in the intestinal epithelium can lead to IBD onset. ..
- Jacob V, Chernyavskaya Y, Chen X, Tan P, Kent B, Hoshida Y, et al. DNA hypomethylation induces a DNA replication-associated cell cycle arrest to block hepatic outgrowth in uhrf1 mutant zebrafish embryos. Development. 2015;142:510-21 pubmed publisherUHRF1 (ubiquitin-like, containing PHD and RING finger domains, 1) recruits DNMT1 to hemimethylated DNA during replication and is essential for maintaining DNA methylation...
- Rutledge C, Lau H, Mangan H, Hardy L, Sunnotel O, Guo F, et al. Efficient translation of Dnmt1 requires cytoplasmic polyadenylation and Musashi binding elements. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e88385 pubmed publisherRegulation of DNMT1 is critical for epigenetic control of many genes and for genome stability...
- Aluru N, Kuo E, Helfrich L, Karchner S, Linney E, Pais J, et al. Developmental exposure to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin alters DNA methyltransferase (dnmt) expression in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2015;284:142-51 pubmed publisher..TCDD exposure upregulated dnmt1 and dnmt3b2 expression, whereas dnmt3a1, 3b1, and 3b4 are downregulated following exposure...
- Mudbhary R, Hoshida Y, Chernyavskaya Y, Jacob V, Villanueva A, Fiel M, et al. UHRF1 overexpression drives DNA hypomethylation and hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Cell. 2014;25:196-209 pubmed publisher..UHRF1 overexpression in zebrafish hepatocytes destabilizes and delocalizes Dnmt1 and causes DNA hypomethylation and Tp53-mediated senescence...
- Blanc M, Karrman A, Kukucka P, Scherbak N, Keiter S. Mixture-specific gene expression in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos exposed to perfluorooctane sulfonic acid (PFOS), perfluorohexanoic acid (PFHxA) and 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl (PCB126). Sci Total Environ. 2017;590-591:249-257 pubmed publisher..ahr2, cyp1a), oxidative stress (gpx1a, tp53), lipids metabolism (acaa2, osbpl1a), and epigenetic mechanisms (dnmt1, dnmt3ba). Cyp1a and ahr2 expression were significantly induced by the presence of PCB126...
- Balci T, Prykhozhij S, Teh E, Da as S, McBride E, Liwski R, et al. A transgenic zebrafish model expressing KIT-D816V recapitulates features of aggressive systemic mastocytosis. Br J Haematol. 2014;167:48-61 pubmed publisher..with corresponding expression changes in genes associated with DNA maintenance and repair, such as reduced dnmt1. In addition, epcam was consistently downregulated in both transgenic adults and embryos...
- Kent B, Magnani E, Walsh M, Sadler K. UHRF1 regulation of Dnmt1 is required for pre-gastrula zebrafish development. Dev Biol. 2016;412:99-113 pubmed publisher..Uhrf1 and DNA methyltransferase 1 (Dnmt1) are known to largely mediate maintenance DNA methylation and Uhrf1 is also required for both Dnmt1 localization ..
- Deveau A, Forrester A, Coombs A, Wagner G, Grabher C, Chute I, et al. Epigenetic therapy restores normal hematopoiesis in a zebrafish model of NUP98-HOXA9-induced myeloid disease. Leukemia. 2015;29:2086-97 pubmed publisher..activation of meis1, the PTGS/COX pathway and genome hypermethylation through the DNA methyltransferase, dnmt1. We restored normal hematopoiesis in NHA9 embryos with knockdown of meis1 or dnmt1, as well as pharmacologic ..
- Wirbisky Hershberger S, Sánchez O, Horzmann K, Thanki D, Yuan C, Freeman J. Atrazine exposure decreases the activity of DNMTs, global DNA methylation levels, and dnmt expression. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;109:727-734 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that atrazine exposure can decrease the expression and activity of DNMTs, leading to decreased DNA methylation levels. ..
- Spitz L, Zail S. Serum gastrin levels in congenital hypertrophic pyloric stenosis. J Pediatr Surg. 1976;11:33-35 pubmed
- Tittle R, Sze R, Ng A, Nuckels R, Swartz M, Anderson R, et al. Uhrf1 and Dnmt1 are required for development and maintenance of the zebrafish lens. Dev Biol. 2011;350:50-63 pubmed publisher..the methylation pattern of the parent strand is maintained on the replicated strand through the action of Dnmt1 (DNA Methyltransferase 1)...
- Liu X, Jia X, Yuan H, Ma K, Chen Y, Jin Y, et al. DNA methyltransferase 1 functions through C/ebpa to maintain hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in zebrafish. J Hematol Oncol. 2015;8:15 pubmed publisherDNA methyltransferase 1 (Dnmt1) regulates expression of many critical genes through maintaining parental DNA methylation patterns on daughter DNA strands during mitosis...
- Dunican D, Pennings S, Meehan R. Lsh Is Essential for Maintaining Global DNA Methylation Levels in Amphibia and Fish and Interacts Directly with Dnmt1. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:740637 pubmed publisher..the context of CpG dinucleotides, a pattern which is maintained through cell division by the DNA methyltransferase Dnmt1. Dramatic methylation losses are observed in plant and mouse cells lacking Lsh (lymphoid specific helicase), ..
- Wang L, Liu Z, Lin H, Ma D, Tao Q, Liu F. Epigenetic regulation of left-right asymmetry by DNA methylation. EMBO J. 2017;36:2987-2997 pubmed publisher..Perturbation of DNA methylation by depletion of DNA methyltransferase 1 (dnmt1) or dnmt3bb...
- Sánchez O, Lee J, Yu King Hing N, Kim S, Freeman J, Yuan C. Lead (Pb) exposure reduces global DNA methylation level by non-competitive inhibition and alteration of dnmt expression. Metallomics. 2017;9:149-160 pubmed publisher..Collectively, they result in a reduction in global DNA methylation level in Pb-exposed zebrafish model, which can be compared to findings in human and rodent studies. ..
- Laing L, Viana J, Dempster E, Trznadel M, Trunkfield L, Uren Webster T, et al. Bisphenol A causes reproductive toxicity, decreases dnmt1 transcription, and reduces global DNA methylation in breeding zebrafish (Danio rerio). Epigenetics. 2016;11:526-38 pubmed publisher..1 mg/L) and above. Of note, we observed reduced expression of DNA methyltransferase 1 (dnmt1) at environmentally relevant concentrations of BPA, along with a significant reduction in global DNA methylation, ..
- Goll M, Anderson R, Stainier D, Spradling A, Halpern M. Transcriptional silencing and reactivation in transgenic zebrafish. Genetics. 2009;182:747-55 pubmed publisher..Silenced transgenes can be reactivated by increasing Gal4-VP16 levels or in DNA methyltransferase-1 (dnmt1) mutants...
- Shimoda N, Hirose K, Kaneto R, Izawa T, Yokoi H, Hashimoto N, et al. No evidence for AID/MBD4-coupled DNA demethylation in zebrafish embryos. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e114816 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we concluded that there is currently no evidence to support the proposed roles of AID and MBD4 in active demethylation in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Seritrakul P, Gross J. Expression of the de novo DNA methyltransferases (dnmt3 - dnmt8) during zebrafish lens development. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:350-6 pubmed publisher..These data identify regions of the eye where de novo methyltransferases could mediate DNA methylation events during development. Overlapping expression domains also suggest functional redundancy within this gene family in the eye. ..
- Fang X, Corrales J, Thornton C, Scheffler B, Willett K. Global and gene specific DNA methylation changes during zebrafish development. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;166:99-108 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, quantitative real-time PCR (qPCR) results showed relatively high DNA methyltransferase 1 (dnmt1) and low glycine N-methyltransferase (gnmt) mRNA expression in early embryogenesis...
- Knecht A, Truong L, Marvel S, Reif D, Garcia A, Lu C, et al. Transgenerational inheritance of neurobehavioral and physiological deficits from developmental exposure to benzo[a]pyrene in zebrafish. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;329:148-157 pubmed publisher..Exposure to benzo[a]pyrene during development resulted in transgenerational inheritance of neurobehavioral and physiological deficiencies. Indirect evidence suggested the potential for an AHR2-dependent epigenetic route. ..
- Sarras M, Leontovich A, Olsen A, Intine R. Impaired tissue regeneration corresponds with altered expression of developmental genes that persists in the metabolic memory state of diabetic zebrafish. Wound Repair Regen. 2013;21:320-8 pubmed publisher..The aberrant expression of key regulatory genes in the DM state that persist into the MM state provides a plausible explanation on how hyperglycemia induced impaired fin regeneration in the adult zebrafish DM/MM model. ..
- Liu Y, Zhang Y, Tao S, Guan Y, Zhang T, Wang Z. Global DNA methylation in gonads of adult zebrafish Danio rerio under bisphenol A exposure. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2016;130:124-32 pubmed publisher..The present study suggested that BPA might cause the global DNA demethylation in gonads of zebrafish by regulating the transcriptional changes of the DNA methylation/demethylation-associated genes (dnmts, gnmt, and tets). ..
- Kamstra J, Sales L, AlestrÃ¶m P, Legler J. Differential DNA methylation at conserved non-genic elements and evidence for transgenerational inheritance following developmental exposure to mono(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate and 5-azacytidine in zebrafish. Epigenetics Chromatin. 2017;10:20 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a functional role for DNA methylation on cis-regulatory conserved elements following developmental exposure to compounds. Effects on these regions are potentially transferred to subsequent generations. ..
- Aanes H, Østrup O, Andersen I, Moen L, Mathavan S, Collas P, et al. Differential transcript isoform usage pre- and post-zygotic genome activation in zebrafish. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:331 pubmed publisher..New isoforms are identified even for well-characterized genes such as pou5f1, sall4 and dnmt1. Genes involved in cell-cell interactions such as f11r and magi1 display isoform switches with alterations of ..
- Santangeli S, Maradonna F, Gioacchini G, Cobellis G, Piccinetti C, Dalla Valle L, et al. BPA-Induced Deregulation Of Epigenetic Patterns: Effects On Female Zebrafish Reproduction. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21982 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the negative effects of BPA on the female reproductive system may be due to its upstream ability to deregulate epigenetic mechanism. ..