Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: dmbx1a
Description: diencephalon/mesencephalon homeobox 1a
Alias: dmbx1, etID309750.1, mbx, otx3, pox1, zMbx1, diencephalon/mesencephalon homeobox protein 1-A, diencephalon/mesencephalon-expressed brain homeobox gene 1, homeoprotein Mbx, orthodenticle homolog 3, paired homeobox protein 1
- Jászai J, Reifers F, Picker A, Langenberg T, Brand M. Isthmus-to-midbrain transformation in the absence of midbrain-hindbrain organizer activity. Development. 2003;130:6611-23 pubmed..In ace mutants, the appearance of forebrain and midbrain specific marker genes (otx2, dmbx1, wnt4) in the caudal tectal enlargement reveals a marked rostralized gene expression profile during early ..
- Wong L, Weadick C, Kuo C, Chang B, Tropepe V. Duplicate dmbx1 genes regulate progenitor cell cycle and differentiation during zebrafish midbrain and retinal development. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:100 pubmed publisher..We compared the loss of function of the zebrafish dmbx1a and dmbx1b genes in order to gain insight into the molecular mechanism by which dmbx1 regulates neurogenesis, and ..
- Hortopan G, Baraban S. Aberrant expression of genes necessary for neuronal development and Notch signaling in an epileptic mind bomb zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:1964-76 pubmed publisher..Here, we selected nine of these genes (her4.2, hes5, bhlhb5, hoxa5a, hoxb5b, dmbx1a, dbx1a, nxph1, and plxnd1) and performed a more thorough analysis of expression using conventional polymerase ..
- Foucher I, Mione M, Simeone A, Acampora D, Bally Cuif L, Houart C. Differentiation of cerebellar cell identities in absence of Fgf signalling in zebrafish Otx morphants. Development. 2006;133:1891-900 pubmed..This maintenance is enough to allow cerebellar differentiation. ..
- Bonkowsky J, Wang X, Fujimoto E, Lee J, Chien C, Dorsky R. Domain-specific regulation of foxP2 CNS expression by lef1. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:103 pubmed publisher..The foxP2 enhancers we identified will allow dissection of foxP2's role during CNS development. ..
- Wu S, Adams B, Fradinger E, Sherwood N. Role of two genes encoding PACAP in early brain development in zebrafish. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006;1070:602-21 pubmed..1. During midbrain development, our evidence suggests that PACAP1 can activate mbx. In both the diencephalon and/or forebrain, lack of PACAP1 or PACAP2 led to an increase in fgf8, again suggesting a ..
- Gillhouse M, Wagner Nyholm M, Hikasa H, Sokol S, Grinblat Y. Two Frodo/Dapper homologs are expressed in the developing brain and mesoderm of zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:403-9 pubmed..Our data suggest important roles for zebrafish frd1 and frd2 in patterning the neural plate and several mesodermal derivatives. ..
- Wong L, Power N, Miles A, Tropepe V. Mutual antagonism of the paired-type homeobox genes, vsx2 and dmbx1, regulates retinal progenitor cell cycle exit upstream of ccnd1 expression. Dev Biol. 2015;402:216-28 pubmed publisher..we determined that during zebrafish embryonic retinal neurogenesis, two paired-type homeobox genes - vsx2 and dmbx1 - function in a mutually antagonistic manner...
- Zhang C, Turton Q, Mackinnon S, Sulik K, Cole G. Agrin function associated with ocular development is a target of ethanol exposure in embryonic zebrafish. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2011;91:129-41 pubmed publisher..MO and ethanol produces pronounced microphthalmia, markedly reduces agrin gene expression, and perturbs Pax6a and Mbx gene expression...