Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: dlx2b
Description: distal-less homeobox 2b
Alias: dlx5, homeobox protein Dlx2b, DLX-5, distal-less homeobox gene 2b, distal-less homeobox gene 5, distal-less homeobox protein 2b
- Yang Q, Chen D, Xiong F, Chen D, Liu C, Liu Y, et al. A splicing mutation in VPS4B causes dentin dysplasia I. J Med Genet. 2016;53:624-33 pubmed publisher..This study identifies VPS4B as a disease-causing gene for DDI, which is one of the important contributors to tooth formation, through the Wnt/Î²-catenin signalling pathway. ..
- MacDonald R, Pollack J, Debiais Thibaud M, Heude E, Talbot J, Ekker M. The ascl1a and dlx genes have a regulatory role in the development of GABAergic interneurons in the zebrafish diencephalon. Dev Biol. 2013;381:276-85 pubmed publisher..This pathway is conserved in the diencephalon, but has diverged between mammals and teleosts in the telencephalon. ..
- Vemaraju S, Kantarci H, Padanad M, Riley B. A spatial and temporal gradient of Fgf differentially regulates distinct stages of neural development in the zebrafish inner ear. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003068 pubmed publisher..Thus Fgf signaling renders SAG development self-regulating, ensuring steady production of an appropriate number of neurons as the larva grows...
- Bloch Zupan A, Jamet X, Etard C, Laugel V, Muller J, Geoffroy V, et al. Homozygosity mapping and candidate prioritization identify mutations, missed by whole-exome sequencing, in SMOC2, causing major dental developmental defects. Am J Hum Genet. 2011;89:773-81 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of smoc2 in zebrafish showed pharyngeal teeth that had abnormalities reminiscent of the human phenotype. Moreover, smoc2 depletion in zebrafish affected the expression of three major odontogenesis genes: dlx2, bmp2, and pitx2. ..
- Ganz J, Kaslin J, Freudenreich D, Machate A, Geffarth M, Brand M. Subdivisions of the adult zebrafish subpallium by molecular marker analysis. J Comp Neurol. 2012;520:633-55 pubmed publisher..Further, the septal nuclei derive from both the pallium and subpallium. On this basis, we present a new model for the subdivisions of the subpallium in teleost fish. ..
- BIRKHOLZ D, OLESNICKY KILLIAN E, George K, Artinger K. Prdm1a is necessary for posterior pharyngeal arch development in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2575-87 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate an essential role for prdm1a in the development of the zebrafish craniofacial skeleton...
- Van de Peer Y, Frickey T, Taylor J, Meyer A. Dealing with saturation at the amino acid level: a case study based on anciently duplicated zebrafish genes. Gene. 2002;295:205-11 pubmed..When trees are computed by omitting the saturated fraction of sites, most fish duplicates are sister sequences. ..
- Wiweger M, Zhao Z, van Merkesteyn R, Roehl H, Hogendoorn P. HSPG-deficient zebrafish uncovers dental aspect of multiple osteochondromas. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29734 pubmed publisher..The presence of the malformed and/or displaced teeth with abnormal enamel was declared by half of the respondents indicating that MO might indeed be also associated with dental problems. ..
- Gibert Y, Samarut E, Pasco Viel E, Bernard L, Borday Birraux V, Sadier A, et al. Altered retinoic acid signalling underpins dentition evolution. Proc Biol Sci. 2015;282: pubmed publisher..dorsal expansion of these markers in RA-treated embryos, whereas the expression of the dental epithelium markers dlx2b and dlx3b is unchanged...
- Powers J, Zhao Y, Lin S, McCabe E. The expression of nr0b1, the earliest gene in zebrafish tooth development, is a marker for human tooth and ameloblastoma formation. Dev Genes Evol. 2009;219:419-25 pubmed publisher..The association of NR0B1 and its protein product DAX1 with primary tooth development and ameloblastoma tumorigenesis is an association not previously described. ..
- Seritrakul P, Samarut E, Lama T, Gibert Y, Laudet V, Jackman W. Retinoic acid expands the evolutionarily reduced dentition of zebrafish. FASEB J. 2012;26:5014-24 pubmed publisher..the expression patterns of genes normally expressed in the posterior tooth-forming region, such as pitx2 and dlx2b. After RA exposure, we also observed a correlation between cartilage malformations and ectopic tooth induction, as ..
- Sundstrom G, Larsson T, Brenner S, Venkatesh B, Larhammar D. Evolution of the neuropeptide Y family: new genes by chromosome duplications in early vertebrates and in teleost fishes. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2008;155:705-16 pubmed..Our study shows that when sequence comparisons give ambiguous results, chromosomal location can serve as a useful criterion to identify orthologs. This strategy may help to resolve relationships in several families of short peptides. ..
- Xiong F, Ji Z, Liu Y, Zhang Y, Hu L, Yang Q, et al. Mutation in SSUH2 Causes Autosomal-Dominant Dentin Dysplasia Type I. Hum Mutat. 2017;38:95-104 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our observations demonstrate that SSUH2 disrupts dental formation and that this novel gene, together with other odontogenesis genes, is involved in tooth development. ..
- Gibert Y, Bernard L, Debiais Thibaud M, Bourrat F, Joly J, Pottin K, et al. Formation of oral and pharyngeal dentition in teleosts depends on differential recruitment of retinoic acid signaling. FASEB J. 2010;24:3298-309 pubmed publisher..The loss of pharyngeal teeth in this group was cancelled out through a shift in aldh1a2 expression, while oral teeth might have been lost ultimately due to deficient RA signaling in the oral cavity...
- Yuan Q, Chiquet B, Devault L, Warman M, Nakamura Y, Swindell E, et al. Craniofacial abnormalities result from knock down of nonsyndromic clefting gene, crispld2, in zebrafish. Genesis. 2012;50:871-81 pubmed publisher..These data provide support for a role of CRISPLD2 in NSCLP...
- Sperber S, Dawid I. barx1 is necessary for ectomesenchyme proliferation and osteochondroprogenitor condensation in the zebrafish pharyngeal arches. Dev Biol. 2008;321:101-10 pubmed publisher..lost arch expression of osteochondrogenic markers col2a1, runx2a and chondromodulin, as well as odontogenic marker dlx2b. Further, loss of barx1 positively influenced gdf5 and chordin, markers of jaw joint patterning...
- Go W, Korzh V. Plasma membrane Ca(2+) ATPase Atp2b1a regulates bone mineralization in zebrafish. Bone. 2013;54:48-57 pubmed publisher..atp2b1a's expression in the pharyngeal epithelium is regulated by the homeodomain transcription factor dlx2b.
- Debiais Thibaud M, Metcalfe C, Pollack J, Germon I, Ekker M, Depew M, et al. Heterogeneous conservation of Dlx paralog co-expression in jawed vertebrates. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68182 pubmed publisher..Regulatory constraints such as shared enhancers, and functional constraints including gene pleiotropy, may have contributed to the evolutionary inertia leading to high redundancy between gene expression patterns. ..
- Yuan Q, Zhao M, Tandon B, Maili L, Liu X, Zhang A, et al. Role of WNT10A in failure of tooth development in humans and zebrafish. Mol Genet Genomic Med. 2017;5:730-741 pubmed publisher..levels of additional tooth development genes were directly correlated with wnt10a expression; expression of msx1, dlx2b, eda, and axin2 was decreased upon wnt10a knockdown, and increased upon wnt10a overexpression...
- Jackman W, Stock D. Transgenic analysis of Dlx regulation in fish tooth development reveals evolutionary retention of enhancer function despite organ loss. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:19390-5 pubmed..We asked whether the cis-regulatory region of a gene whose expression loss parallels cypriniform tooth loss, Dlx2b, retains the capacity for expression in oral teeth...
- Wise S, Stock D. bmp2b and bmp4 are dispensable for zebrafish tooth development. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2534-46 pubmed publisher..The mostly likely explanation for this result is functional redundancy with other Bmp ligands, which may differ between the zebrafish and the mouse. ..