Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: dld
Alias: sc:d0402, delta-like protein D, aei, after eight protein
- van Eeden F, Granato M, Schach U, Brand M, Furutani Seiki M, Haffter P, et al. Mutations affecting somite formation and patterning in the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Development. 1996;123:153-64 pubmed..in fused somites (fss) and beamter (bea) affect all somites, whereas mutations in deadly seven (des), after eight (aei) and white tail (wit) only affect the more posterior somites...
- Itoh M, Kim C, Palardy G, Oda T, Jiang Y, Maust D, et al. Mind bomb is a ubiquitin ligase that is essential for efficient activation of Notch signaling by Delta. Dev Cell. 2003;4:67-82 pubmed..This facilitates intramembranous cleavage of the remaining Notch receptor, release of the Notch intracellular fragment, and activation of target genes in neighboring cells. ..
- Hans S, Campos Ortega J. On the organisation of the regulatory region of the zebrafish deltaD gene. Development. 2002;129:4773-84 pubmed..Transcriptional control of deltaD by proneural proteins therefore represents a molecular target for the regulatory feedback loop mediated by the Notch pathway in lateral inhibition. ..
- Oates A, Mueller C, Ho R. Cooperative function of deltaC and her7 in anterior segment formation. Dev Biol. 2005;280:133-49 pubmed..Thus, anterior segmentation requires the functions of both her and delta family members in a parallel manner, suggesting that the segmentation oscillator operates in paraxial mesoderm along the entire vertebrate axis. ..
- Giudicelli F, Ozbudak E, Wright G, Lewis J. Setting the tempo in development: an investigation of the zebrafish somite clock mechanism. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e150 pubmed
- Smithers L, Haddon C, Jiang Y, Lewis J. Sequence and embryonic expression of deltaC in the zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2000;90:119-23 pubmed..There is expression also in notochord, blood vessels and pronephros. ..
- Barrios A, Poole R, Durbin L, Brennan C, Holder N, Wilson S. Eph/Ephrin signaling regulates the mesenchymal-to-epithelial transition of the paraxial mesoderm during somite morphogenesis. Curr Biol. 2003;13:1571-82 pubmed..We propose a new role for Eph receptors and Ephrins as intercellular signaling molecules that establish cell polarity during mesenchymal-to-epithelial transition of the paraxial mesoderm. ..
- Sieger D, Tautz D, Gajewski M. The role of Suppressor of Hairless in Notch mediated signalling during zebrafish somitogenesis. Mech Dev. 2003;120:1083-94 pubmed..This phenotype is stronger than the known amorphic phenotypes for notch1 (des) or deltaD (aei) in zebrafish, but mimicks the knockout phenotype of RBP-Jkappa gene in the mouse, which is the homologue of Su(H)...
- Crosnier C, Vargesson N, Gschmeissner S, Ariza McNaughton L, Morrison A, Lewis J. Delta-Notch signalling controls commitment to a secretory fate in the zebrafish intestine. Development. 2005;132:1093-104 pubmed..In particular, the Notch ligand DeltaD (Delta1 in the mouse) is expressed in cells of the secretory lineage. In an aei mutant, where DeltaD is defective, secretory cells are overproduced...
- van Eeden F, Holley S, Haffter P, Nusslein Volhard C. Zebrafish segmentation and pair-rule patterning. Dev Genet. 1998;23:65-76 pubmed..However, both the relationship between these two groups of genes within the genetic heirarchy governing segmentation and the precise roles that they play during segmentation likely differ significantly between the two organisms. ..
- Mahler J, Filippi A, Driever W. DeltaA/DeltaD regulate multiple and temporally distinct phases of notch signaling during dopaminergic neurogenesis in zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2010;30:16621-35 pubmed publisher..precursor pools, as olig2 expression in ventral diencephalic dopaminergic precursors is affected in dla/dld mutants. DeltaA/D act upstream of sim1a and otpa during dopaminergic specification...
- Park H, Appel B. Delta-Notch signaling regulates oligodendrocyte specification. Development. 2003;130:3747-55 pubmed..Our data provide evidence that Notch signaling maintains subsets of ventral spinal cord precursors during neuronal birth and, acting with other temporally and spatially restricted factors, specifies them for oligodendrocyte fate. ..
- Kawamura A, Koshida S, Hijikata H, Ohbayashi A, Kondoh H, Takada S. Groucho-associated transcriptional repressor ripply1 is required for proper transition from the presomitic mesoderm to somites. Dev Cell. 2005;9:735-44 pubmed..Thus, ripply1 plays dual roles in the transition from the PSM to somites: termination of the segmentation program in the PSM and maintenance of the rostrocaudal polarity. ..
- Diks S, Sartori da Silva M, Hillebrands J, Bink R, Versteeg H, van Rooijen C, et al. d-Asb11 is an essential mediator of canonical Delta-Notch signalling. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:1190-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that d-Asb11 is a component in the regulation of Delta-Notch signalling, important in fine-tuning the lateral inhibition gradients between DeltaA and Notch through a cell non-autonomous mechanism. ..
- Bingham S, Chaudhari S, Vanderlaan G, Itoh M, Chitnis A, Chandrasekhar A. Neurogenic phenotype of mind bomb mutants leads to severe patterning defects in the zebrafish hindbrain. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:451-63 pubmed
- Mara A, Schroeder J, Chalouni C, Holley S. Priming, initiation and synchronization of the segmentation clock by deltaD and deltaC. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:523-30 pubmed..Oscillations of adjacent cells are synchronized and amplified by deltaC in the posterior presomitic mesoderm as cell movement subsides and cells maintain stable neighbour relationships. ..
- Takke C, Dornseifer P, v Weizsäcker E, Campos Ortega J. her4, a zebrafish homologue of the Drosophila neurogenic gene E(spl), is a target of NOTCH signalling. Development. 1999;126:1811-21 pubmed..These results suggest that her4 acts as a target of notch-mediated signals that regulate primary neurogenesis. ..
- Cheng Y, Amoyel M, Qiu X, Jiang Y, Xu Q, Wilkinson D. Notch activation regulates the segregation and differentiation of rhombomere boundary cells in the zebrafish hindbrain. Dev Cell. 2004;6:539-50 pubmed..These findings reveal that Notch activation couples the regulation of location and differentiation in hindbrain boundary cells. Such coupling may be important for these cells to act as a stable signaling center. ..
- Jahangiri L, Nelson A, Wardle F. A cis-regulatory module upstream of deltaC regulated by Ntla and Tbx16 drives expression in the tailbud, presomitic mesoderm and somites. Dev Biol. 2012;371:110-20 pubmed publisher..This CRM is bound by both Ntla and Tbx16 at a cluster of T-box binding sites, which are required in combination for activation of the CRM. ..
- Okigawa S, Mizoguchi T, Okano M, Tanaka H, Isoda M, Jiang Y, et al. Different combinations of Notch ligands and receptors regulate V2 interneuron progenitor proliferation and V2a/V2b cell fate determination. Dev Biol. 2014;391:196-206 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, V2-IN cell progenitor proliferation and V2a/V2b cell fate determination involve signaling through different sets of Notch ligand-receptor combinations that occur concurrently during development in zebrafish. ..
- Palardy G, Chitnis A. Identification of the Mind Bomb1 Interaction Domain in Zebrafish DeltaD. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0127864 pubmed publisher..As a result, ectopic expression of DeltaD lacking an effective MID results in a failure of Notch-mediated lateral inhibition and a neurogenic phenotype. ..
- Dill K, Amacher S. tortuga refines Notch pathway gene expression in the zebrafish presomitic mesoderm at the post-transcriptional level. Dev Biol. 2005;287:225-36 pubmed
- Snow C, Peterson M, Khalil A, Henry C. Muscle development is disrupted in zebrafish embryos deficient for fibronectin. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:2542-53 pubmed publisher..morphogenesis is more disrupted in fn morphants than in a mutant where initial somite boundaries did not form, aei/deltaD...
- Bink R, Habuchi H, Lele Z, Dolk E, Joore J, Rauch G, et al. Heparan sulfate 6-o-sulfotransferase is essential for muscle development in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:31118-27 pubmed..In conclusion, our results show that transfer of sulfate to specific positions on glycosaminoglycans is essential for muscle development. ..
- Dias T, Yang Y, Ogai K, Becker T, Becker C. Notch signaling controls generation of motor neurons in the lesioned spinal cord of adult zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2012;32:3245-52 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates that Notch is a negative signal for regenerative neurogenesis, and, importantly, that spinal motor neuron regeneration can be augmented in an adult vertebrate by inhibiting Notch signaling. ..
- Madelaine R, Blader P. A cluster of non-redundant Ngn1 binding sites is required for regulation of deltaA expression in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2011;350:198-207 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that evolutionary constraints on the mechanism by which Ngn1 regulates gene expression appear less strict than for Ascl1. ..
- Matsuda M, Chitnis A. Atoh1a expression must be restricted by Notch signaling for effective morphogenesis of the posterior lateral line primordium in zebrafish. Development. 2010;137:3477-87 pubmed publisher..Together, our observations reveal a genetic regulatory network that explains why atoh1a expression must be restricted by Notch signaling for effective morphogenesis of the pLLp. ..
- Roach G, Heath Wallace R, Cameron A, Emrah Ozel R, Hongay C, Baral R, et al. Loss of ascl1a prevents secretory cell differentiation within the zebrafish intestinal epithelium resulting in a loss of distal intestinal motility. Dev Biol. 2013;376:171-86 pubmed publisher..Loss of enteroendocrine cells reveals the critical need for enteroendocrine products in maintenance of normal intestinal motility. ..
- Lin C, He J, Zeng C, Loo M, Chang W, Zhang P, et al. microRNA-206 modulates an Rtn4a/Cxcr4a/Thbs3a axis in newly forming somites to maintain and stabilize the somite boundary formation of zebrafish embryos. Open Biol. 2017;7: pubmed publisher..Collectively, we suggest that miR-206 mediates a novel pathway, the Rtn4a/Cxcr4a/Thbs3a axis, that allows boundary cells to undergo MET and form somite boundaries in the newly forming somites of zebrafish embryos. ..
- He Y, Tang D, Li W, Chai R, Li H. Histone deacetylase 1 is required for the development of the zebrafish inner ear. Sci Rep. 2016;6:16535 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that HDAC1 plays an important role in otic vesicle formation. ..
- Schebesta M, Serluca F. olig1 Expression identifies developing oligodendrocytes in zebrafish and requires hedgehog and notch signaling. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:887-98 pubmed publisher..Lastly, knockdown of Olig1 in an Olig2-sensitized background did result in defects in CNS myelination, indicating a functional overlap between Olig1 and Olig2 proteins. ..
- Therapontos C, Vargesson N. Zebrafish notch signalling pathway mutants exhibit trunk vessel patterning anomalies that are secondary to somite misregulation. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2761-8 pubmed publisherThe Notch signalling pathway mutants, after-eight (aei), beamter (bea), and deadly-seven (des) have previously been used to study somitogenesis and neurogenesis. Notch signalling has also been shown to have roles in vascular development...
- Wan J, Ramachandran R, Goldman D. HB-EGF is necessary and sufficient for Müller glia dedifferentiation and retina regeneration. Dev Cell. 2012;22:334-47 pubmed publisher..These data provide a link between extracellular signaling and regeneration-associated gene expression in the injured retina and suggest strategies for stimulating retina regeneration in mammals. ..
- Stickney H, Barresi M, Devoto S. Somite development in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2000;219:287-303 pubmed..We show directly, for the first time, that muscle cell and sclerotome migrations occur at the same time. We end with a look at the many questions about somitogenesis that are still unanswered. ..
- Alunni A, Krecsmarik M, Bosco A, Galant S, Pan L, Moens C, et al. Notch3 signaling gates cell cycle entry and limits neural stem cell amplification in the adult pallium. Development. 2013;140:3335-47 pubmed publisher..They implicate Notch3 at the top of this hierarchy to gate NSC activation and amplification, protecting the homeostasis of adult NSC reservoirs under physiological conditions. ..
- Zaucker A, Mercurio S, Sternheim N, Talbot W, Marlow F. notch3 is essential for oligodendrocyte development and vascular integrity in zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:1246-59 pubmed publisher..Our analysis of zebrafish notch3 mutants indicates that Notch3 regulates OPC development and mbp gene expression in larvae, and maintains vascular integrity in adults...
- Sampaio P, Ferreira R, Guerrero A, Pintado P, Tavares B, Amaro J, et al. Left-right organizer flow dynamics: how much cilia activity reliably yields laterality?. Dev Cell. 2014;29:716-28 pubmed publisher..We conclude that cilia number, dorsal anterior motile cilia clustering, and left flow are critical to situs solitus via robust asymmetric charon expression. ..
- Rothschild S, Lahvic J, Francescatto L, McLeod J, Burgess S, Tombes R. CaMK-II activation is essential for zebrafish inner ear development and acts through Delta-Notch signaling. Dev Biol. 2013;381:179-88 pubmed publisher..Continued expression and activation of CaMK-II in maculae and cristae in older embryos suggests continued roles in auditory sensory maturation and transduction. ..
- Fujita M, Cha Y, Pham V, Sakurai A, Roman B, Gutkind J, et al. Assembly and patterning of the vascular network of the vertebrate hindbrain. Development. 2011;138:1705-15 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of either cxcl12b or cxcr4a results in defects in basilar artery formation, showing that the assembly and patterning of this crucial artery depends on chemokine signaling. ..
- Appel B, Marasco P, McClung L, Latimer A. lunatic fringe regulates Delta-Notch induction of hypochord in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:281-6 pubmed
- Kok F, Oster E, Mentzer L, Hsieh J, Henry C, Sirotkin H. The role of the SPT6 chromatin remodeling factor in zebrafish embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2007;307:214-26 pubmed..However, additional Spt6 mutant phenotypes are likely caused by vital functions of Spt6 in other pathways. ..
- Kroehne V, Freudenreich D, Hans S, Kaslin J, Brand M. Regeneration of the adult zebrafish brain from neurogenic radial glia-type progenitors. Development. 2011;138:4831-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, regeneration after traumatic lesion of the adult zebrafish brain occurs efficiently from radial glia-type stem/progenitor cells. ..
- Chandrasekhar A, Schauerte H, Haffter P, Kuwada J. The zebrafish detour gene is essential for cranial but not spinal motor neuron induction. Development. 1999;126:2727-37 pubmed
- Lee H, Tseng W, Lo F, Liu T, Tsai H. FoxD5 mediates anterior-posterior polarity through upstream modulator Fgf signaling during zebrafish somitogenesis. Dev Biol. 2009;336:232-45 pubmed publisher..An Fgf-FoxD5-Mesps signaling network is therefore proposed. ..
- Münch J, González Rajal A, de la Pompa J. Notch regulates blastema proliferation and prevents differentiation during adult zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2013;140:1402-11 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Notch signalling maintains blastema cells in a plastic, undifferentiated and proliferative state, an essential requirement for fin regeneration. ..
- Niikura Y, Tabata Y, Tajima A, Inoue I, Arai K, Watanabe S. Zebrafish Numb homologue: phylogenetic evolution and involvement in regulation of left-right asymmetry. Mech Dev. 2006;123:407-14 pubmed
- Kikuchi Y, Verkade H, Reiter J, Kim C, Chitnis A, Kuroiwa A, et al. Notch signaling can regulate endoderm formation in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:756-62 pubmed..Altogether, these results suggest that Notch signaling plays a role in the formation of the endoderm, possibly in its segregation from the mesoderm. ..
- Geudens I, Herpers R, Hermans K, Segura I, Ruiz de Almodovar C, Bussmann J, et al. Role of delta-like-4/Notch in the formation and wiring of the lymphatic network in zebrafish. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:1695-702 pubmed publisher..At a later phase, Notch silencing impaired navigation of lymphatic intersomitic vessels along their arterial templates. These studies imply critical roles for Notch signaling in the formation and wiring of the lymphatic network. ..
- Takano A, Zochi R, Hibi M, Terashima T, Katsuyama Y. Function of strawberry notch family genes in the zebrafish brain development. Kobe J Med Sci. 2011;56:E220-30 pubmed..Knockdown of sbno1 specifically affects regionalization along the anterior-posterior axis of the brain. These results suggest essential roles of sbno genes in vertebrate brain development. ..
- He Y, Wang Z, Sun S, Tang D, Li W, Chai R, et al. HDAC3 Is Required for Posterior Lateral Line Development in Zebrafish. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:5103-17 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that HDAC3 plays a crucial role in regulating posterior lateral line (PLL) formation and provide evidence for epigenetic regulation in auditory organ development. ..
- Lopes S, Lourenço R, Pacheco L, Moreno N, Kreiling J, Saude L. Notch signalling regulates left-right asymmetry through ciliary length control. Development. 2010;137:3625-32 pubmed publisher..Notch signalling brings together ciliary length control and fluid flow hydrodynamics with transcriptional activation of laterality genes. In addition, our deltaD mutant analysis discloses an uncoupling between gut and heart laterality. ..
- Sidik H, Talbot W. A zinc finger protein that regulates oligodendrocyte specification, migration and myelination in zebrafish. Development. 2015;142:4119-28 pubmed publisher..Our results defined the function of a new zinc finger protein with specific function in oligodendrocyte specification, migration and myelination in the developing CNS. ..
- Lecaudey V, Ulloa E, Anselme I, Stedman A, Schneider Maunoury S, Pujades C. Role of the hindbrain in patterning the otic vesicle: a study of the zebrafish vhnf1 mutant. Dev Biol. 2007;303:134-43 pubmed..They suggest that, despite the evolution of inner ear structure and function, some of the mechanisms underlying the regionalisation of the otic vesicle in fish and amniotes have been conserved. ..
- Dong Z, Yang N, Yeo S, Chitnis A, Guo S. Intralineage directional Notch signaling regulates self-renewal and differentiation of asymmetrically dividing radial glia. Neuron. 2012;74:65-78 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal with single-cell resolution how self-renewal and differentiation become precisely segregated within asymmetrically dividing neural progenitor/stem lineages. ..
- Soni K, Choudhary A, Patowary A, Singh A, Bhatia S, Sivasubbu S, et al. miR-34 is maternally inherited in Drosophila melanogaster and Danio rerio. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:4470-80 pubmed publisher..Here, we report for the first time, the maternal inheritance of an miRNA involved in development of the neuronal system in a vertebrate model system. ..
- Tucker B, Hepperle C, Kortschak D, Rainbird B, Wells S, Oates A, et al. Zebrafish Angiotensin II Receptor-like 1a (agtrl1a) is expressed in migrating hypoblast, vasculature, and in multiple embryonic epithelia. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:258-65 pubmed..During segmentation stages, expression is observed in epithelial structures such as adaxial cells, border cells of the newly formed somites, developing lens, otic vesicles and venous vasculature. ..
- Romero Carvajal A, Navajas Acedo J, Jiang L, Kozlovskaja GumbrienÄ— A, Alexander R, Li H, et al. Regeneration of Sensory Hair Cells Requires Localized Interactions between the Notch and Wnt Pathways. Dev Cell. 2015;34:267-82 pubmed publisher..The striking similaritiesÂ toÂ other vertebrate stem cell compartments uniquely place zebrafish to help elucidate why mammals possess such low capacity to regenerate hair cells. ..
- Oates A, Rohde L, Ho R. Generation of segment polarity in the paraxial mesoderm of the zebrafish through a T-box-dependent inductive event. Dev Biol. 2005;283:204-14 pubmed
- Lissemore J, Starmer W. Phylogenetic analysis of vertebrate and invertebrate Delta/Serrate/LAG-2 (DSL) proteins. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 1999;11:308-19 pubmed..Finally, the linear order of EGF repeats has been conserved in the vertebrate Jagged/Serrate orthologs and vertebrate Delta orthologs. ..
- Chen W, Casey Corliss D. Three modules of zebrafish Mind bomb work cooperatively to promote Delta ubiquitination and endocytosis. Dev Biol. 2004;267:361-73 pubmed..Thus, the three functionally distinct modules of Mind bomb work cooperatively to regulate Notch signaling by associating with, ubiquitinating, and internalizing Delta. ..
- Taylor S, Alvarez Delfin K, Saade C, Thomas J, Thummel R, Fadool J, et al. The bHLH Transcription Factor NeuroD Governs Photoreceptor Genesis and Regeneration Through Delta-Notch Signaling. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015;56:7496-515 pubmed publisher..In contrast, during embryonic development, NeuroD governs photoreceptor maturation via mechanisms that are independent of Notch signaling. ..
- Chen Y, Lu Y, Ko T, Tsai M, Lin C, Lin C, et al. Zebrafish cdx1b regulates differentiation of various intestinal cell lineages. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1021-32 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that zebrafish cdx1b plays important roles in regulating intestinal cell proliferation and the differentiation of various intestinal cell lineages. ..
- Banote R, Edling M, Eliassen F, Kettunen P, Zetterberg H, Abramsson A. ?-Amyloid precursor protein-b is essential for Mauthner cell development in the zebrafish in a Notch-dependent manner. Dev Biol. 2016;413:26-38 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Appb-regulated neurogenesis is mediated through balancing the Notch1a signaling pathway and provide new insights into the development of the Mauthner cell. ..
- Hsieh F, Ma T, Shih H, Lin S, Huang C, Wang H, et al. Dner inhibits neural progenitor proliferation and induces neuronal and glial differentiation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2013;375:1-12 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to demonstrate a role for Dner in neural progenitors and neuronal differentiation and provides new insights into mediation of neuronal development and differentiation by the Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Herrgen L, Ares S, Morelli L, Schroter C, Jülicher F, Oates A. Intercellular coupling regulates the period of the segmentation clock. Curr Biol. 2010;20:1244-53 pubmed publisher..Here we ask whether Delta-Notch coupling additionally influences the collective period of the segmentation clock...
- Kim A, Melick C, Clements W, Stachura D, Distel M, PanÃ¡kovÃ¡ D, et al. Discrete Notch signaling requirements in the specification of hematopoietic stem cells. EMBO J. 2014;33:2363-73 pubmed publisher..downstream of Wnt16, which is required for HSC specification through its regulation of two Notch ligands, dlc and dld. Collectively, these findings demonstrate for the first time that multiple Notch signaling inputs are required to ..
- Gui J, Greene C, Sullivan C, Taylor W, Moore J, KIM C. Testing multiple hypotheses through IMP weighted FDR based on a genetic functional network with application to a new zebrafish transcriptome study. BioData Min. 2015;8:17 pubmed publisher..We compared the mRNA expression for each group and found over 200 differentially expressed genes and several enriched pathways including defense response pathways, arsenic response pathways, and the Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Hwang J, Kim H, Seok J, Kim J, Koun S, Park S, et al. Transcriptome analysis of the zebrafish mind bomb mutant. Mol Genet Genomics. 2009;281:77-85 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, it was suggested that the mib ( ta52b ) mutation may affect not only neurogenesis but also mesoderm development. These results provide new insights into Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Jülich D, Geisler R, Holley S. Integrinalpha5 and delta/notch signaling have complementary spatiotemporal requirements during zebrafish somitogenesis. Dev Cell. 2005;8:575-86 pubmed..Our data suggest that notch- and integrinalpha5-dependent cell polarization and Fibronectin matrix assembly occur concomitantly and interdependently during border morphogenesis. ..