Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: dkk1b
Description: dickkopf WNT signaling pathway inhibitor 1b
Alias: dkk1, dickkopf-related protein 1, dickkopf 1, dickkopf 1b, dickkopf-like protein 1
- Goessling W, North T, Loewer S, Lord A, Lee S, Stoick Cooper C, et al. Genetic interaction of PGE2 and Wnt signaling regulates developmental specification of stem cells and regeneration. Cell. 2009;136:1136-47 pubmed publisher..Our work provides in vivo evidence that Wnt activation in stem cells requires PGE2, and suggests the PGE2/Wnt interaction is a master regulator of vertebrate regeneration and recovery. ..
- Martin B, Kimelman D. Canonical Wnt signaling dynamically controls multiple stem cell fate decisions during vertebrate body formation. Dev Cell. 2012;22:223-32 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that dynamic local Wnt signaling cues specify germ layer contribution and mesodermal tissue type specification of multipotent stem cells throughout the formation of the early vertebrate embryonic body...
- Shimizu N, Kawakami K, Ishitani T. Visualization and exploration of Tcf/Lef function using a highly responsive Wnt/?-catenin signaling-reporter transgenic zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2012;370:71-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, these reporter lines are highly useful tools for studying Tcf/Lef-mediated Wnt/?-catenin signaling-dependent processes. ..
- Cavodeassi F, Carreira Barbosa F, Young R, Concha M, Allende M, Houart C, et al. Early stages of zebrafish eye formation require the coordinated activity of Wnt11, Fz5, and the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway. Neuron. 2005;47:43-56 pubmed
- Fior R, Maxwell A, Ma T, Vezzaro A, Moens C, Amacher S, et al. The differentiation and movement of presomitic mesoderm progenitor cells are controlled by Mesogenin 1. Development. 2012;139:4656-65 pubmed publisher..Through its combined effects on gene expression and cell movement, Msgn1 (with Spt) plays a key role both in genesis of the paraxial mesoderm and in maintenance of the progenitor population from which it derives...
- Martin B, Kimelman D. Regulation of canonical Wnt signaling by Brachyury is essential for posterior mesoderm formation. Dev Cell. 2008;15:121-33 pubmed publisher..We propose that a positive autoregulatory loop between Ntl/Bra and canonical Wnt signaling maintains the mesodermal progenitors to facilitate posterior somite development in chordates...
- Kagermeier Schenk B, Wehner D, Ozhan Kizil G, Yamamoto H, Li J, Kirchner K, et al. Waif1/5T4 inhibits Wnt/?-catenin signaling and activates noncanonical Wnt pathways by modifying LRP6 subcellular localization. Dev Cell. 2011;21:1129-43 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Waif1 modulates pathway selection in Wnt-receiving cells. ..
- Carl M, Bianco I, Bajoghli B, Aghaallaei N, Czerny T, Wilson S. Wnt/Axin1/beta-catenin signaling regulates asymmetric nodal activation, elaboration, and concordance of CNS asymmetries. Neuron. 2007;55:393-405 pubmed..We identify a second role for the Wnt pathway in the left/right regulation of LPM Nodal pathway gene expression, and finally, we show that at later stages Axin1 is required for the elaboration of concordant neuroanatomical asymmetries. ..
- Caron A, Xu X, Lin X. Wnt/?-catenin signaling directly regulates Foxj1 expression and ciliogenesis in zebrafish Kupffer's vesicle. Development. 2012;139:514-24 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our results also prompt a hypothesis that certain developmental effects of the Wnt/?-catenin pathway are due to the activation of Foxj1 and cilia formation...
- Aman A, Piotrowski T. Wnt/beta-catenin and Fgf signaling control collective cell migration by restricting chemokine receptor expression. Dev Cell. 2008;15:749-61 pubmed publisher..Although the Fgf, Wnt/beta-catenin, and chemokine signaling pathways are well known to be involved in cancer progression, these studies provide in vivo evidence that these pathways are functionally linked. ..
- Matsuda M, Chitnis A. Atoh1a expression must be restricted by Notch signaling for effective morphogenesis of the posterior lateral line primordium in zebrafish. Development. 2010;137:3477-87 pubmed publisher..Together, our observations reveal a genetic regulatory network that explains why atoh1a expression must be restricted by Notch signaling for effective morphogenesis of the pLLp. ..
- Hashimoto H, Itoh M, Yamanaka Y, Yamashita S, Shimizu T, Solnica Krezel L, et al. Zebrafish Dkk1 functions in forebrain specification and axial mesendoderm formation. Dev Biol. 2000;217:138-52 pubmedWe identified a zebrafish homologue of Dickkopf-1 (Dkk1), which was previously identified in Xenopus as a Wnt inhibitor with potent head-inducing activity...
- Peukert D, Weber S, Lumsden A, Scholpp S. Lhx2 and Lhx9 determine neuronal differentiation and compartition in the caudal forebrain by regulating Wnt signaling. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1001218 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that after initial neural tube patterning, neurogenesis within a brain compartment influences the integrity of the neuronal progenitor pool and border formation of a neuromeric compartment. ..
- Wada H, Ghysen A, Asakawa K, Abe G, Ishitani T, Kawakami K. Wnt/Dkk negative feedback regulates sensory organ size in zebrafish. Curr Biol. 2013;23:1559-65 pubmed publisher..This study establishes Wnt/Dkk as a novel mechanism to determine the final size of an organ. ..
- Ueno S, Weidinger G, Osugi T, Kohn A, Golob J, Pabon L, et al. Biphasic role for Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in cardiac specification in zebrafish and embryonic stem cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:9685-90 pubmed..Thus, Wnt/beta-catenin signaling promotes cardiac differentiation at early developmental stages and inhibits it later. Control of this pathway may promote derivation of cardiomyocytes for basic research and cell therapy applications. ..
- Hurlstone A, Haramis A, Wienholds E, Begthel H, Korving J, Van Eeden F, et al. The Wnt/beta-catenin pathway regulates cardiac valve formation. Nature. 2003;425:633-7 pubmed..Conversely, overexpression of Apc or Dickkopf 1 (Dkk1), a secreted Wnt inhibitor, blocks cushion formation...
- Stoick Cooper C, Weidinger G, Riehle K, Hubbert C, Major M, Fausto N, et al. Distinct Wnt signaling pathways have opposing roles in appendage regeneration. Development. 2007;134:479-89 pubmed..These data suggest that Wnt/beta-catenin signaling promotes regeneration, whereas a distinct pathway activated by wnt5b acts in a negative-feedback loop to limit regeneration. ..
- Stulberg M, Lin A, Zhao H, Holley S. Crosstalk between Fgf and Wnt signaling in the zebrafish tailbud. Dev Biol. 2012;369:298-307 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that Fgf activity elevates Wnt signaling by inhibiting transcription of the Wnt antagonists dkk1 and notum1a. PI3 kinase signaling also increases Wnt signaling via phosphorylation of Gsk3?...
- Bajard L, Morelli L, Ares S, PÃ©crÃ©aux J, JÃ¼licher F, Oates A. Wnt-regulated dynamics of positional information in zebrafish somitogenesis. Development. 2014;141:1381-91 pubmed publisher..The observed Wnt signaling gradient dynamics and timing of downstream events support a model for wavefront regulation in which cell flow plays a dominant role in transporting positional information. ..
- Larraguibel J, Weiss A, Pasula D, Dhaliwal R, Kondra R, Van Raay T. Wnt ligand-dependent activation of the negative feedback regulator Nkd1. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:2375-84 pubmed publisher..Comparison of these results with Nkd function in Drosophila generates a unified and conserved model for the role of this negative feedback regulator in the modulation of Wnt signaling. ..
- Roberson S, Halpern M. Convergence of signaling pathways underlying habenular formation and axonal outgrowth in zebrafish. Development. 2017;144:2652-2662 pubmed publisher..The results define a signaling network underlying the generation of dHb neurons and connectivity with their midbrain target. ..
- Schmitner N, Kohno K, Meyer D. ptf1a+ , ela3l- cells are developmentally maintained progenitors for exocrine regeneration following extreme loss of acinar cells in zebrafish larvae. Dis Model Mech. 2017;10:307-321 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that this proliferation is blocked by overexpression of the Wnt-signaling antagonist dkk1b In conclusion, we show a conserved requirement for Wnt signaling in exocrine tissue expansion and reveal a ..
- North T, Goessling W, Peeters M, Li P, Ceol C, Lord A, et al. Hematopoietic stem cell development is dependent on blood flow. Cell. 2009;137:736-48 pubmed publisher..This work links blood flow to AGM hematopoiesis and identifies NO as a conserved downstream regulator of HSC development. ..
- Hofsteen P, Robitaille A, Chapman D, Moon R, Murry C. Quantitative proteomics identify DAB2 as a cardiac developmental regulator that inhibits WNT/Î²-catenin signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:1002-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the Dab2-deficient defects in cardiomyocyte number could be suppressed by overexpression of dickkopf 1 (DKK1), an inhibitor of WNT/Î²-catenin signaling...
- Dyer C, Blanc E, Hanisch A, Roehl H, Otto G, Yu T, et al. A bi-modal function of Wnt signalling directs an FGF activity gradient to spatially regulate neuronal differentiation in the midbrain. Development. 2014;141:63-72 pubmed publisher..This controls a dynamic, posteriorly retracting expression of her5 that directs neuronal differentiation in a precise spatiotemporal manner in the midbrain...
- Blum N, Begemann G. Osteoblast de- and redifferentiation are controlled by a dynamic response to retinoic acid during zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2015;142:2894-903 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a mechanism explaining how the osteoblast regenerative program is protected from adverse crosstalk with neighboring fibroblasts that advances our understanding of the regulation of bone repair by RA. ..
- Wieffer M, Cibrián Uhalte E, Posor Y, Otten C, Branz K, Schütz I, et al. PI4K2?/AP-1-based TGN-endosomal sorting regulates Wnt signaling. Curr Biol. 2013;23:2185-90 pubmed publisher..These data reveal an evolutionarily conserved role for PI4K2? and AP-1 in coupling phosphoinositide metabolism to AP-1-mediated sorting and Wnt signaling. ..
- Ishioka A, Jindo T, Kawanabe T, Hatta K, Parvin M, Nikaido M, et al. Retinoic acid-dependent establishment of positional information in the hindbrain was conserved during vertebrate evolution. Dev Biol. 2011;350:154-68 pubmed publisher..Possible implications in vertebrate evolution are discussed based on these findings. ..
- zhan G, Sezgin E, Wehner D, Pfister A, K hl S, Kagermeier Schenk B, et al. Lypd6 enhances Wnt/?-catenin signaling by promoting Lrp6 phosphorylation in raft plasma membrane domains. Dev Cell. 2013;26:331-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, Lypd6 appears to control Lrp6 activation specifically in membrane rafts, which is essential for downstream signaling...
- Vanhollebeke B, Stone O, Bostaille N, Cho C, Zhou Y, Maquet E, et al. Tip cell-specific requirement for an atypical Gpr124- and Reck-dependent Wnt/Î²-catenin pathway during brain angiogenesis. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Our results identify molecular determinants of ligand specificity of Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling and provide evidence for organ-specific control of vascular invasion through tight modulation of tip cell function. ..
- Shin D, Weidinger G, Moon R, Stainier D. Intrinsic and extrinsic modifiers of the regulative capacity of the developing liver. Mech Dev. 2012;128:525-35 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these studies reveal that there is more than one way to form a liver, and provide molecular insights into the phenomenon of tissue plasticity. ..
- Mitchell D, Stevens C, Frey R, Hunter S, Ashino R, Kawamura S, et al. Retinoic Acid Signaling Regulates Differential Expression of the Tandemly-Duplicated Long Wavelength-Sensitive Cone Opsin Genes in Zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005483 pubmed publisher..This is the first evidence that an extracellular signal may regulate differential expression of opsin genes in a tandemly duplicated array. ..
- Hu S, Wu Z, Yan Y, Li Y. Sox31 is involved in central nervous system anteroposterior regionalization through regulating the organizer activity in zebrafish. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2011;43:387-99 pubmed publisher..hindbrain structure, while phenotypic defects caused by excessive Sox31 could be rescued by Wnt antagonist dkk1. Taken together, Sox31 functions as an essential CNS AP patterning determinant and coordinates the CNS AP ..
- Holly V, Widen S, Famulski J, Waskiewicz A. Sfrp1a and Sfrp5 function as positive regulators of Wnt and BMP signaling during early retinal development. Dev Biol. 2014;388:192-204 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of a low dose of sfrp5 mRNA causes an increase in dorsal retina marker gene expression. We propose a model in which Sfrp proteins function as facilitators of both BMP and Wnt signaling within the dorsal retina. ..
- Nojima H, Shimizu T, Kim C, Yabe T, Bae Y, Muraoka O, et al. Genetic evidence for involvement of maternally derived Wnt canonical signaling in dorsal determination in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2004;121:371-86 pubmed..The tkk locus was mapped to chromosome 16. These data provide genetic evidence that the maternally derived canonical Wnt pathway upstream of beta-catenin is involved in dorsal axis formation in zebrafish. ..
- Nagendran M, Arora P, Gori P, Mulay A, Ray S, Jacob T, et al. Canonical Wnt signalling regulates epithelial patterning by modulating levels of laminins in zebrafish appendages. Development. 2015;142:320-30 pubmed publisher..We have unravelled a hitherto unknown mechanism involved in epithelial patterning, which is also conserved in the pectoral fins - evolutionarily recent appendages that are homologous to tetrapod limbs. ..
- Stewart S, Gomez A, Armstrong B, Henner A, Stankunas K. Sequential and opposing activities of Wnt and BMP coordinate zebrafish bone regeneration. Cell Rep. 2014;6:482-98 pubmed publisher..This hierarchical signaling network model provides a conceptual framework for understanding innate bone repair and regeneration mechanisms and rationally designing regenerative therapeutics. ..
- Garnett A, Square T, Medeiros D. BMP, Wnt and FGF signals are integrated through evolutionarily conserved enhancers to achieve robust expression of Pax3 and Zic genes at the zebrafish neural plate border. Development. 2012;139:4220-31 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal how BMPs, FGFs and Wnts act cooperatively and redundantly through partially redundant enhancers to achieve robust, specific gene expression in the zebrafish NPB. ..
- Russek Blum N, Gutnick A, Nabel Rosen H, Blechman J, Staudt N, Dorsky R, et al. Dopaminergic neuronal cluster size is determined during early forebrain patterning. Development. 2008;135:3401-13 pubmed publisher..This study also shows, for the first time, that diencephalic DA population size is modulated inside the neural plate much earlier than expected, concomitant with Wnt-mediated regional patterning events. ..
- Wang W, Melville D, Montero Balaguer M, Hatzopoulos A, Knapik E. Tfap2a and Foxd3 regulate early steps in the development of the neural crest progenitor population. Dev Biol. 2011;360:173-85 pubmed publisher..We further show that Bmp signaling is expanded in mob;mos embryos while expression of dkk1, a Wnt signaling inhibitor, is increased and canonical Wnt targets are suppressed...
- Ro H, Dawid I. Modulation of Tcf3 repressor complex composition regulates cdx4 expression in zebrafish. EMBO J. 2011;30:2894-907 pubmed publisher..We propose that the modulation of Tcf3 repressor function by E4f1 assures precise and robust regulation of cdx4 expression in the caudal domain of the embryo. ..
- Nikaido M, Navajas Acedo J, Hatta K, Piotrowski T. Retinoic acid is required and Fgf, Wnt, and Bmp signaling inhibit posterior lateral line placode induction in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2017;431:215-225 pubmed publisher..This is the first report that the aLLp and pLLp depend on different inductive mechanisms and that pLLp induction requires the inhibition of Fgf, Wnt and Bmp signaling. ..
- Sweet E, Vemaraju S, Riley B. Sox2 and Fgf interact with Atoh1 to promote sensory competence throughout the zebrafish inner ear. Dev Biol. 2011;358:113-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, expression of fgf3, fgf8 or sox2 strongly enhances competence to respond to Atoh1. ..
- He Y, Wang Z, Sun S, Tang D, Li W, Chai R, et al. HDAC3 Is Required for Posterior Lateral Line Development in Zebrafish. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:5103-17 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that HDAC3 plays a crucial role in regulating posterior lateral line (PLL) formation and provide evidence for epigenetic regulation in auditory organ development. ..
- Strate I, Tessadori F, Bakkers J. Glypican4 promotes cardiac specification and differentiation by attenuating canonical Wnt and Bmp signaling. Development. 2015;142:1767-76 pubmed publisher..embryos, and inhibiting canonical Wnt signaling in knypek/gpc4 embryos by overexpression of the Wnt inhibitor Dkk1 restores normal cardiomyocyte numbers...
- Ariza Cosano A, Bensimon Brito A, Gomez Skarmeta J, Bessa J. sox21a directs lateral line patterning by modulating FGF signaling. Dev Neurobiol. 2015;75:80-92 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that sox21a is a key player in the pLL primordium patterning, fine-tuning the border of the Fgf and Wnt signaling domains. ..
- McGraw H, Culbertson M, Nechiporuk A. Kremen1 restricts Dkk activity during posterior lateral line development in zebrafish. Development. 2014;141:3212-21 pubmed publisher..zone of the pLLP and restricted from the trailing zone through expression of the secreted Wnt inhibitors dkk1b and dkk2...
- Trinh L, Meyer D, Stainier D. The Mix family homeodomain gene bonnie and clyde functions with other components of the Nodal signaling pathway to regulate neural patterning in zebrafish. Development. 2003;130:4989-98 pubmed..and double-mutant embryos correlates with the degree of reduction in expression of the Wnt antagonist gene dickkopf 1. Furthermore, bon-/-;sqt-/- and bon-/-;sur-/- embryos exhibit identical morphological and gene expression ..
- Han H, Chou C, Chu C, Cheng C, Yang C, Hung C, et al. The Nogo-C2/Nogo receptor complex regulates the morphogenesis of zebrafish lateral line primordium through modulating the expression of dkk1b, a Wnt signal inhibitor. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e86345 pubmed publisher..Notably, the expression levels of pea3, a downstream marker of Fgf signaling, and dkk1b, a Wnt signaling inhibitor, were both decreased in p75, TROY, and Nogo-C2/NgRH1a morphants; moreover, dkk1b mRNA ..
- Venero Galanternik M, Nikaido M, Yu Z, McKinney S, Piotrowski T. Localized Gene Induction by Infrared-Mediated Heat Shock. Zebrafish. 2016;13:537-540 pubmed..We use the migrating zebrafish sensory lateral line primordium as a model, because of its relative simplicity and experimental accessibility; however, this technique can be applied to any tissue in the zebrafish embryo. ..
- Nachtrab G, Czerwinski M, Poss K. Sexually dimorphic fin regeneration in zebrafish controlled by androgen/GSK3 signaling. Curr Biol. 2011;21:1912-7 pubmed publisher..Androgen signaling maintains expression of dkk1b and igfbp2a, which encode secreted inhibitors of Wnt and Igf signaling, respectively...
- Li R, Beebe T, Jen N, Yu F, Takabe W, Harrison M, et al. Shear stress-activated Wnt-angiopoietin-2 signaling recapitulates vascular repair in zebrafish embryos. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014;34:2268-75 pubmed publisher..Both Ang-2 and Axin-2 mRNA downregulation was recapitulated in the heat-shock-inducible transgenic Tg(hsp70l:dkk1-GFP) zebrafish embryos at 72 hours post fertilization...
- Felber K, Elks P, Lecca M, Roehl H. Expression of osterix Is Regulated by FGF and Wnt/Î²-Catenin Signalling during Osteoblast Differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0144982 pubmed publisher..Based upon these data, we propose that FGF and Wnt/Î²-Catenin pathways act in part by directing transcription of osx to promote osteoblast differentiation at sites of bone formation. ..
- Gu Q, Yang X, He X, Li Q, Cui Z. Generation and characterization of a transgenic zebrafish expressing the reverse tetracycline transactivator. J Genet Genomics. 2013;40:523-31 pubmed publisher..Moreover, expressed Dickkopf-1 (DKK1) in pTRE-DKK1-injected embryos led to alterations in the expression of marker genes associated with Wnt signaling...
- Gao R, Ma L, Du X, Zhang T, Zhao L, Liu L, et al. Rnf25/AO7 positively regulates wnt signaling via disrupting Nkd1-Axin inhibitory complex independent of its ubiquitin ligase activity. Oncotarget. 2016;7:23850-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that Rnf25 might serve as a molecular device, controlling the different antagonizing functions against canonical Wnt signaling between Nkd1 and Nkd2 cooperated with Axin. ..
- Allena R, Maini P. Reaction-diffusion finite element model of lateral line primordium migration to explore cell leadership. Bull Math Biol. 2014;76:3028-50 pubmed publisher..To achieve the second goal, we will specifically focus on the role of the leader cells and their position inside the population. ..
- Dyer C, Blanc E, Stanley R, Knight R. Dissecting the role of Wnt signaling and its interactions with FGF signaling during midbrain neurogenesis. Neurogenesis (Austin). 2015;2:e1057313 pubmed publisher..This highlights the complex nature of the interactions between FGF and Wnt/ bcat and reveals that they act at multiple levels to control each others activity in the midbrain. ..
- Shin D, Lee Y, Poss K, Stainier D. Restriction of hepatic competence by Fgf signaling. Development. 2011;138:1339-48 pubmed publisher..These data provide in vivo evidence that endodermal cells outside the liver-forming region retain hepatic competence and show that an extrinsic signal, Fgf10a, negatively regulates hepatic competence. ..
- Shinya M, Eschbach C, Clark M, Lehrach H, Furutani Seiki M. Zebrafish Dkk1, induced by the pre-MBT Wnt signaling, is secreted from the prechordal plate and patterns the anterior neural plate. Mech Dev. 2000;98:3-17 pubmed..pathway that might be responsible for head formation in zebrafish, we have cloned zebrafish dickkopf1 (dkk1), which is expressed in tissues implicated in head patterning...
- Lin M, Lee S. Stathmin-like 4 is critical for the maintenance of neural progenitor cells in dorsal midbrain of zebrafish larvae. Sci Rep. 2016;6:36188 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the Wnt-mediated Stmn4 homeostasis is crucial for preventing dorsal midbrain from premature differentiation via the G2 phase control during the neural keel stage. ..
- Mateus R, LourenÃ§o R, Fang Y, Brito G, Farinho A, ValÃ©rio F, et al. Control of tissue growth by Yap relies on cell density and F-actin in zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2015;142:2752-63 pubmed publisher..We propose that Yap is essential for fin regeneration and that its function is dependent on mechanical tension, conferred by a balancing act of cell density and cytoskeleton activity. ..
- Brunet T, Bouclet A, Ahmadi P, Mitrossilis D, Driquez B, Brunet A, et al. Evolutionary conservation of early mesoderm specification by mechanotransduction in Bilateria. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2821 pubmed publisher..This suggests mesoderm mechanical induction dating back to at least the last bilaterian common ancestor more than 570 million years ago, the period during which mesoderm is thought to have emerged...
- Katoh Y, Katoh M. Comparative genomics on Dkk1 orthologs. Int J Oncol. 2005;27:275-9 pubmed..Here, we identified and characterized rat Dkk1 gene and cow Dkk1 gene by using bioinformatics...
- Hashiguchi M, Mullins M. Anteroposterior and dorsoventral patterning are coordinated by an identical patterning clock. Development. 2013;140:1970-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, DV and AP patterning are intimately coordinated to allow cells to acquire both positional and temporal information simultaneously. ..
- Barbieri E, Deflorian G, Pezzimenti F, Valli D, Saia M, Meani N, et al. Nucleophosmin leukemogenic mutant activates Wnt signaling during zebrafish development. Oncotarget. 2016;7:55302-55312 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel function of NPMc+ and provide insight into the molecular pathogenesis of AML bearing NPM1 mutations. ..
- Duncan R, Xie Y, McPherson A, Taibi A, Bonkowsky J, Douglass A, et al. Hypothalamic radial glia function as self-renewing neural progenitors in the absence of Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling. Development. 2016;143:45-53 pubmed publisher..Hypothalamic radial glia in the zebrafish larva thus exhibit several key characteristics of a neural stem cell population, and our data support the idea that Wnt pathway function may not be homogeneous in all stem or progenitor cells. ..
- Xu X, He Y, Sun L, Ma S, Luo C. Maternal Vsx1 plays an essential role in regulating prechordal mesendoderm and forebrain formation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;394:264-76 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a pivotal role for maternal Vsx1 as a direct transcriptional repressor of ntl expression at the margin of the zebrafish gastrula to ensure directional cell polarization and migration of PME cells. ..
- Mattes B, Weber S, Peres J, Chen Q, Davidson G, Houart C, et al. Wnt3 and Wnt3a are required for induction of the mid-diencephalic organizer in the caudal forebrain. Neural Dev. 2012;7:12 pubmed publisher..We propose that Wnt ligands are necessary to maintain the primordial tissue of the organizer during somitogenesis by suppressing Tp53-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Bonner J, Gribble S, Veien E, Nikolaus O, Weidinger G, Dorsky R. Proliferation and patterning are mediated independently in the dorsal spinal cord downstream of canonical Wnt signaling. Dev Biol. 2008;313:398-407 pubmed..Together, our work demonstrates that proliferation and patterning in the developing spinal cord are separable events that are regulated independently by Wnt signaling. ..
- Gong Y, Mo C, Fraser S. Planar cell polarity signalling controls cell division orientation during zebrafish gastrulation. Nature. 2004;430:689-93 pubmed..Furthermore, we propose that non-canonical Wnt signalling has a conserved role in vertebrate axis elongation, orienting both cell intercalation and mitotic division. ..
- Mo S, Wang L, Li Q, Li J, Li Y, Thannickal V, et al. Caveolin-1 regulates dorsoventral patterning through direct interaction with beta-catenin in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2010;344:210-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, maternally expressed zebrafish Cav-1 regulates dorsoventral patterning by limiting nuclear translocation of active beta-catenin. ..
- Hino H, Nakanishi A, Seki R, Aoki T, Yamaha E, Kawahara A, et al. Roles of maternal wnt8a transcripts in axis formation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2018;434:96-107 pubmed publisher..Finally, we re-examined the maternal wnt genes and found that Wnt6a is an alternative candidate DD. ..