Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: dio1
Description: iodothyronine deiodinase 1
Alias: Deio1, cb685, zgc:92323, type I iodothyronine deiodinase, deiodinase, iodothyronine, type I
- Liang X, Yu L, Gui W, Zhu G. Exposure to difenoconazole causes changes of thyroid hormone and gene expression levels in zebrafish larvae. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;40:983-7 pubmed publisher..hormone (crh), thyroid-stimulating hormone (tshÎ²), transthyretin (ttr), thyronine deiodinase (dio1 and dio2), uridine diphosphate glucuronosyltransferase (ugt1ab) in the HPT axis were significantly up-regulated, ..
- Tu W, Xu C, Lu B, Lin C, Wu Y, Liu W. Acute exposure to synthetic pyrethroids causes bioconcentration and disruption of the hypothalamus-pituitary-thyroid axis in zebrafish embryos. Sci Total Environ. 2016;542:876-85 pubmed publisher..particular, significant stimulation of TTR, Pax8, Dio2 and TRÎ± levels along with concomitant downregulation of Dio1. Molecular docking analyses revealed that at the atomic level, BF binds to thyroid hormone receptor (TRÎ±) ..
- Yu L, Lam J, Guo Y, Wu R, Lam P, Zhou B. Parental transfer of polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) and thyroid endocrine disruption in zebrafish. Environ Sci Technol. 2011;45:10652-9 pubmed publisher..For the first time, we demonstrated that parental exposure to low concentrations of PBDEs could affect THs in the offspring and the transgenerational PBDE-induced toxicity in subsequent nonexposed generations. ..
- Sun H, Li H, Xiang P, Zhang X, Ma L. Short-term exposure of arsenite disrupted thyroid endocrine system and altered gene transcription in the HPT axis in zebrafish. Environ Pollut. 2015;205:145-52 pubmed publisher..3-1.4 times and modulated gene transcription in HPT axis. Our study showed AsIII caused oxidative damage, affected thyroid endocrine system and altered gene transcription in HPT axis in zebrafish. ..
- Liu C, Yu H, Zhang X. Zebrafish embryos/larvae for rapid determination of effects on hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid (HPT) and hypothalamic-pituitary-interrenal (HPI) axis: mRNA expression. Chemosphere. 2013;93:2327-32 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we studied the effects of PTU or MET on the cross-talk between HPT and HPI axis. The results demonstrated that PTU and MET could affect cross-talk responses in zebrafish embryos/larvae. ..
- Zhai W, Huang Z, Chen L, Feng C, Li B, Li T. Thyroid endocrine disruption in zebrafish larvae after exposure to mono-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (MEHP). PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e92465 pubmed publisher..Elevated gene transcription of Dio1 was also observed in this study, which might assist to degrade increased T3 contents...
- Cheng H, Yan W, Wu Q, Liu C, Gong X, Hung T, et al. Parental exposure to microcystin-LR induced thyroid endocrine disruption in zebrafish offspring, a transgenerational toxicity. Environ Pollut. 2017;230:981-988 pubmed publisher..We regard these adverse effects as a parental transgenerational toxicity of MCLR. ..
- Houbrechts A, Delarue J, Gabriëls I, Sourbron J, Darras V. Permanent Deiodinase Type 2 Deficiency Strongly Perturbs Zebrafish Development, Growth, and Fertility. Endocrinology. 2016;157:3668-81 pubmed publisher..As the first nonmammalian model with permanent Dio2 deficiency, these mutant zebrafish lines provide evidence that Dio2 is essential to assure normal development and to obtain a normal adult phenotype. ..
- Kim S, Sohn J, Ha S, Kang H, Yim U, Shim W, et al. Thyroid Hormone Disruption by Water-Accommodated Fractions of Crude Oil and Sediments Affected by the Hebei Spirit Oil Spill in Zebrafish and GH3 Cells. Environ Sci Technol. 2016;50:5972-80 pubmed publisher..Sediment samples also showed thyroid disrupting potentials in the GH3 cell, even several years after the oil spill. Long-term ecosystem consequences of thyroid hormone disruption due to oil spill deserve further investigation. ..
- Thisse C, Degrave A, Kryukov G, Gladyshev V, Obrecht Pflumio S, Krol A, et al. Spatial and temporal expression patterns of selenoprotein genes during embryogenesis in zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2003;3:525-32 pubmed..Therefore, tissue- and development-specific expression patterns provided new information for selenoproteins of unknown function. ..
- Zhang D, Zhou E, Yang Z. Waterborne exposure to BPS causes thyroid endocrine disruption in zebrafish larvae. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176927 pubmed publisher..or higher concentration of BPS significantly up-regulated genes related to thyroid hormone metabolism (deiodinases, dio1, dio2 and uridinediphosphate glucoronosyltransferases, ugt1ab), which might be responsible for the altered THs ..
- Guo Y, Zhou B. Thyroid endocrine system disruption by pentachlorophenol: an in vitro and in vivo assay. Aquat Toxicol. 2013;142-143:138-45 pubmed publisher..PCP exposure did not influence the transcription of the transthyretin (TTR) gene. The results indicate that PCP potentially disrupts the thyroid endocrine system both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Chen T, Cheng Y, Cheng J, Chou C, Hsiao Y, Ko F. Growth and transcriptional effect of dietary 2,2',4,4'-tetrabromodiphenyl ether (PBDE-47) exposure in developing zebrafish (Danio rerio). Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2010;73:377-83 pubmed publisher..The tissue levels of PBDE-47 were comparable to that found in other wild fish reported in the literature, indicating that our exposure level was ecologically relevant. ..
- Dong W, Macaulay L, Kwok K, Hinton D, Stapleton H. Using whole mount in situ hybridization to examine thyroid hormone deiodinase expression in embryonic and larval zebrafish: a tool for examining OH-BDE toxicity to early life stages. Aquat Toxicol. 2013;132-133:190-9 pubmed publisher..In this study we investigated deiodinase 1 (Dio1), deiodinase 2 (Dio2), and deiodinase 3 (Dio3) mRNA expression at the following life stages (2, 8, and 1k-cells; 50%..
- Zhao X, Ren X, Ren B, Luo Z, Zhu R. Life-cycle exposure to BDE-47 results in thyroid endocrine disruption to adults and offsprings of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2016;48:157-167 pubmed publisher..With continued BDE-47 exposure, dio1 was significantly up-regulated and ttr was significantly down-regulated...
- Du J, Wang S, You H, Liu Z. Effects of ZnO nanoparticles on perfluorooctane sulfonate induced thyroid-disrupting on zebrafish larvae. J Environ Sci (China). 2016;47:153-164 pubmed publisher..Our results also provide insight into the mechanism of disruption of the thyroid status by PFOS and nano-ZnO. ..
- Bagci E, Heijlen M, Vergauwen L, Hagenaars A, Houbrechts A, Esguerra C, et al. Deiodinase knockdown during early zebrafish development affects growth, development, energy metabolism, motility and phototransduction. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0123285 pubmed publisher..This study provides new insights, not only into the role of deiodinases, but also into the importance of a correct TH balance during vertebrate embryonic development. ..
- Jianjie C, Wenjuan X, Jinling C, Jie S, Ruhui J, Meiyan L. Fluoride caused thyroid endocrine disruption in male zebrafish (Danio rerio). Aquat Toxicol. 2016;171:48-58 pubmed publisher..CRH), thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), thyroglobulin (TG), sodium iodide symporter (NIS), iodothyronine I (DIO1), and thyroid hormone receptor alpha (TRÎ±) were also elevated in all fluoride-exposed male fish after 90 days of ..
- Liu Y, Wang J, Fang X, Zhang H, Dai J. The thyroid-disrupting effects of long-term perfluorononanoate exposure on zebrafish (Danio rerio). Ecotoxicology. 2011;20:47-55 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the first evidence for the thyroid-disrupting effects of long-term PFNA exposure in zebrafish. ..
- de Vrieze E, van de Wiel S, Zethof J, Flik G, Klaren P, Arjona F. Knockdown of monocarboxylate transporter 8 (mct8) disturbs brain development and locomotion in zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2014;155:2320-30 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the zebrafish is a suitable animal model for the study of the pathophysiology of AHDS. ..
- Zada D, Tovin A, Lerer Goldshtein T, Vatine G, Appelbaum L. Altered behavioral performance and live imaging of circuit-specific neural deficiencies in a zebrafish model for psychomotor retardation. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004615 pubmed publisher..We also propose that the administration of TH analogs early during embryo development can specifically reduce neurological damage in AHDS patients. ..
- Kang H, Moon H, Choi K. Toxicological responses following short-term exposure through gavage feeding or water-borne exposure to Dechlorane Plus in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2016;146:226-32 pubmed publisher..Our observations indicate for the first time that DP disrupts thyroid hormone balance of zebrafish by altering regulatory pathways in the brain. Handling editor: David Volz. ..
- Han Z, Li Y, Zhang S, Song N, Xu H, Dang Y, et al. Prenatal transfer of decabromodiphenyl ether (BDE-209) results in disruption of the thyroid system and developmental toxicity in zebrafish offspring. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;190:46-52 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that exposure of parent zebrafish to BDE-209 can cause developmental toxicity in offspring and disruption of the thyroid endocrine system of offspring. ..
- Shi X, Liu C, Wu G, Zhou B. Waterborne exposure to PFOS causes disruption of the hypothalamus-pituitary-thyroid axis in zebrafish larvae. Chemosphere. 2009;77:1010-8 pubmed publisher..symporter (NIS), thyroglobulin (TG), thyroid peroxidase (TPO), transthyretin (TTR), iodothyronine deiodinases (Dio1 and Dio2) and thyroid receptor (TRalpha and TRbeta), was quantitatively measured using real-time PCR...
- Marelli F, Carra S, Agostini M, Cotelli F, Peeters R, Chatterjee K, et al. Patterns of thyroid hormone receptor expression in zebrafish and generation of a novel model of resistance to thyroid hormone action. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;424:102-17 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our morphants recapitulate the RTHÎ± and RTHÎ² key manifestations representing new models in which the functional consequences of human TR mutations can be rapidly and faithfully evaluated. ..
- Houbrechts A, Vergauwen L, Bagci E, Van Houcke J, Heijlen M, Kulemeka B, et al. Deiodinase knockdown affects zebrafish eye development at the level of gene expression, morphology and function. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;424:81-93 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate the importance of TH-activating and -inactivating Ds for correct zebrafish eye development, and point to D3b as a central player. ..
- Baumann L, Ros A, Rehberger K, Neuhauss S, Segner H. Thyroid disruption in zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae: Different molecular response patterns lead to impaired eye development and visual functions. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;172:44-55 pubmed publisher..Both chemicals significantly altered transcript levels of thyroid system-related genes (TRÎ±, TRÎ², TPO, TSH, DIO1, DIO2 and DIO3) in a compound-specific way...
- Bouzaffour M, Rampon C, Ramauge M, Courtin F, Vriz S. Implication of type 3 deiodinase induction in zebrafish fin regeneration. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2010;168:88-94 pubmed publisher..The effect of IOP on the blastema required endogenous or exogenous TH. Our findings support a model in which local degradation of TH by type 3 deiodinase is permissive for epimorphic regeneration. ..
- Chen Q, Yu L, Yang L, Zhou B. Bioconcentration and metabolism of decabromodiphenyl ether (BDE-209) result in thyroid endocrine disruption in zebrafish larvae. Aquat Toxicol. 2012;110-111:141-8 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation of mRNA for thyronine deiodinase (Dio1 and Dio2) and thyroid hormone receptors (TR? and TR?) was also observed...
- Kim S, Jung J, Lee I, Jung D, Youn H, Choi K. Thyroid disruption by triphenyl phosphate, an organophosphate flame retardant, in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos/larvae, and in GH3 and FRTL-5 cell lines. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;160:188-96 pubmed publisher..Exposure to TPP also significantly up-regulated the expression of the genes related to the metabolism (dio1), transport (ttr), and elimination (ugt1ab) of thyroid hormones...
- Macaulay L, Chernick M, Chen A, Hinton D, Bailey J, Kullman S, et al. Exposure to a PBDE/OH-BDE mixture alters juvenile zebrafish (Danio rerio) development. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2017;36:36-48 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate that exposures to PBDE/OH-BDE mixtures adversely impact zebrafish maturation during metamorphosis. Environ Toxicol Chem 2017;36:36-48. Â© 2016 SETAC. ..
- Walpita C, Van der Geyten S, Rurangwa E, Darras V. The effect of 3,5,3'-triiodothyronine supplementation on zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryonic development and expression of iodothyronine deiodinases and thyroid hormone receptors. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2007;152:206-14 pubmed..Taken together, these data show that during embryonic development zebrafish already have the necessary regulatory machinery for TH activation and signaling, and that T(3) treatment at that stage indeed influence embryonic development. ..
- Yang J, Chan K. Evaluation of the toxic effects of brominated compounds (BDE-47, 99, 209, TBBPA) and bisphenol A (BPA) using a zebrafish liver cell line, ZFL. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;159:138-47 pubmed publisher..BPA and the brominated compounds tested were able to disrupt the TH system at the gene expression level, probably through the deiodination pathways. ..
- Zhao X, Wang S, Li D, You H, Ren X. Effects of perchlorate on BDE-47-induced alteration thyroid hormone and gene expression of in the hypothalamus-pituitary-thyroid axis in zebrafish larvae. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2013;36:1176-85 pubmed publisher..These results help to elucidate the complicated chemical interactions and the molecular mechanism of action of these two TH disruptors. ..
- Yan W, Zhou Y, Yang J, Li S, Hu D, Wang J, et al. Waterborne exposure to microcystin-LR alters thyroid hormone levels and gene transcription in the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis in zebrafish larvae. Chemosphere. 2012;87:1301-7 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation and down-regulation of Deio1 and Deio2 gene expression, respectively, were observed upon exposure to MCLR...
- Tang T, Yang Y, Chen Y, Tang W, Wang F, Diao X. Thyroid Disruption in Zebrafish Larvae by Short-Term Exposure to Bisphenol AF. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015;12:13069-84 pubmed publisher..It demonstrates that BPAF exposure triggered thyroid endocrine toxicity by altering the whole-body contents of thyroid hormones and changing the transcription of the genes involved in the HPT axis in zebrafish larvae. ..
- Liang X, Li J, Martyniuk C, Wang J, Mao Y, Lu H, et al. Benzotriazole ultraviolet stabilizers alter the expression of the thyroid hormone pathway in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Chemosphere. 2017;182:22-30 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that BUVSs can potentially impact the thyroid system, and that this is dependent upon the type or structure of BUVSs. ..
- Yu L, Chen M, Liu Y, Gui W, Zhu G. Thyroid endocrine disruption in zebrafish larvae following exposure to hexaconazole and tebuconazole. Aquat Toxicol. 2013;138-139:35-42 pubmed publisher..symporter (NIS), transthyretin (TTR), uridine diphosphate glucuronosyltransferase (UGT1ab), thyronine deiodinase (Dio1 and Dio2), thyroid hormone receptors (TR? and TR?) in the HPT axis, but did not affect the transcription of ..
- Cheng Y, Ekker M, Chan H. Relative developmental toxicities of pentachloroanisole and pentachlorophenol in a zebrafish model (Danio rerio). Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2015;112:7-14 pubmed publisher..Our results on the relative developmental toxicities of PCA and PCP and the possible underlying mechanisms will be useful to support interpretation of envrionmental concentrations and body burden levels observed in human populations. ..
- Kwon B, Kho Y, Kim P, Ji K. Thyroid endocrine disruption in male zebrafish following exposure to binary mixture of bisphenol AF and sulfamethoxazole. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2016;48:168-174 pubmed publisher..The present study indicated that BPAF exposure alone alters transcription of genes associated with the thyroid endocrine system, and combination with SMX could increase the endocrine disrupting effect of BPAF. ..