Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ddit3
Description: DNA-damage-inducible transcript 3
Alias: zgc:162630, DNA damage-inducible transcript 3 protein, CHOP
- Qi M, Dang Y, Xu Q, Yu L, Liu C, Yuan Y, et al. Microcystin-LR induced developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae by activation of ER stress response. Chemosphere. 2016;157:166-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results observed in this study suggested that ER stress plays a critical role in developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish embryos exposed to MC-LR. ..
- Faltermann S, Hutter S, Christen V, Hettich T, Fent K. Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Cyanobacterial Serine Protease Inhibitors Aeruginosin 828A and Cyanopeptolin 1020 in Human Hepatoma Cell Line Huh7 and Effects in Zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxins (Basel). 2016;8: pubmed publisher..The data further demonstrate that pathways that are influenced by microcystin-LR are not affected by aeruginosin 828A. ..
- Christen V, Faltermann S, Brun N, Kunz P, Fent K. Cytotoxicity and molecular effects of biocidal disinfectants (quaternary ammonia, glutaraldehyde, poly(hexamethylene biguanide) hydrochloride PHMB) and their mixtures in vitro and in zebrafish eleuthero-embryos. Sci Total Environ. 2017;586:1204-1218 pubmed publisher..Barquat and BAC let to induction of ER stress and inflammation in vitro, and BAC and glutaraldehyde at non-toxic concentrations in vivo, while benzalkonium chloride induced expression of tnf-? only. ..
- Sapp V, Gaffney L, Eauclaire S, Matthews R. Fructose leads to hepatic steatosis in zebrafish that is reversed by mechanistic target of rapamycin (mTOR) inhibition. Hepatology. 2014;60:1581-92 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Torc1 activation is required for hepatic lipid accumulation across models of NAFLD, and in patients. ..
- Lee H, Chen Y, Liu Y, Lin K, Chen S, Lin C, et al. Transgenic zebrafish model to study translational control mediated by upstream open reading frame of human chop gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:e139 pubmed publisher..a construct in which the uORF sequence from human CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein homologous protein gene (huORF(chop)) is added to the leader of GFP and is driven by a cytomegalovirus promoter...
- Thakur P, Stuckenholz C, Rivera M, Davison J, Yao J, Amsterdam A, et al. Lack of de novo phosphatidylinositol synthesis leads to endoplasmic reticulum stress and hepatic steatosis in cdipt-deficient zebrafish. Hepatology. 2011;54:452-62 pubmed publisher..The tractability of hi559 mutant provides a valuable tool to dissect ERSR components, their contribution to molecular pathogenesis, and evaluation of novel therapeutics of NAFLD. ..
- Eichenbaum J, Cinaroglu A, Eichenbaum K, Sadler K. A zebrafish retinal graded photochemical stress model. J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 2009;59:121-7 pubmed publisher..The phenotypic and genetic changes observed from this model can serve as a basis for understanding the pathology of retinal oxidative and cellular stress. These changes may aid our understanding of aging and macular degeneration. ..
- Lin H, Zhou Z, Zhong W, Huang P, Ma N, Zhang Y, et al. Naringenin inhibits alcoholic injury by improving lipid metabolism and reducing apoptosis in zebrafish larvae. Oncol Rep. 2017;38:2877-2884 pubmed publisher..consistent with the expression of critical biomarkers of endoplasmic reticulum stress and of DNA damage genes (chop, gadd45?a and edem1)...
- Wang H, Luo L, Yang D. Loss of Gspt1l disturbs the patterning of the brain central arteries in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;486:156-162 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that loss of Gspt1l activates the UPR pathway, which in turn induces ectopic expression of vegfa via Atf4, thus disturbing the patterning of the central arteries. ..
- Elenbaas J, Maitra D, Liu Y, Lentz S, Nelson B, Hoenerhoff M, et al. A precursor-inducible zebrafish model of acute protoporphyria with hepatic protein aggregation and multiorganelle stress. FASEB J. 2016;30:1798-810 pubmed publisher..Elenbaas, J. S., Maitra, D., Liu, Y., Lentz, S. I., Nelson, B., Hoenerhoff, M. J., Shavit, J. A., Omary, M. B. A precursor-inducible zebrafish model of acute protoporphyria with hepatic protein aggregation and multiorganelle stress. ..
- Chen Z, Ballar P, Fu Y, Luo J, Du S, Fang S. The E3 ubiquitin ligase gp78 protects against ER stress in zebrafish liver. J Genet Genomics. 2014;41:357-68 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that gp78 plays a critical role in protecting against ER stress in liver...
- Miao L, Yuan Y, Cheng F, Fang J, Zhou F, Ma W, et al. Translation repression by maternal RNA binding protein Zar1 is essential for early oogenesis in zebrafish. Development. 2017;144:128-138 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that regulation of translational repression and de-repression are essential for precisely controlling protein expression during early oogenesis. ..
- Brun N, Wehrli B, Fent K. Ecotoxicological assessment of solar cell leachates: Copper indium gallium selenide (CIGS) cells show higher activity than organic photovoltaic (OPV) cells. Sci Total Environ. 2016;543:703-14 pubmed publisher..in genes involved in oxidative stress (cat), hormonal activity (vtg1, ar), metallothionein (mt2), ER stress (bip, chop), and apoptosis (casp9). The effects were dependent on the concentrations of cationic metals in leachates...
- Dai W, Wang K, Zheng X, Chen X, Zhang W, Zhang Y, et al. High fat plus high cholesterol diet lead to hepatic steatosis in zebrafish larvae: a novel model for screening anti-hepatic steatosis drugs. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2015;12:42 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the zebrafish larvae steatosis model established and validated in this study could be used for in vivo steatosis studies and drug screening. ..
- Moussavi Nik S, Newman M, Wilson L, Ebrahimie E, Wells S, Musgrave I, et al. Alzheimer's disease-related peptide PS2V plays ancient, conserved roles in suppression of the unfolded protein response under hypoxia and stimulation of Î³-secretase activity. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:3662-78 pubmed publisher..Our data support a model in which chronic hypoxia in aged brains promotes excessive Notch signalling and accumulation of AÎ² that contribute to AD pathogenesis. ..
- Komoike Y, Matsuoka M. Endoplasmic reticulum stress-mediated neuronal apoptosis by acrylamide exposure. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2016;310:68-77 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, AA exposure increased the mRNA level of c/EBP homologous protein (CHOP), the ER stress-dependent apoptotic factor, and caused the accumulation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in SH-SY5Y ..
- Hou N, Yang Y, Scott I, Lou X. The Sec domain protein Scfd1 facilitates trafficking of ECM components during chondrogenesis. Dev Biol. 2017;421:8-15 pubmed publisher..These results show that the existence of a specific export pathway, mediated by a complex containing SCFD1 and STX18 that plays an essential role in secretion of large ECM proteins during chondrogenesis. ..
- Liu C, Su G, Giesy J, Letcher R, Li G, Agrawal I, et al. Acute Exposure to Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) Phosphate (TDCIPP) Causes Hepatic Inflammation and Leads to Hepatotoxicity in Zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19045 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that exposure to TDCIPP induces hepatic inflammation and leads to hepatotoxicity in zebrafish. ..
- Pyati U, Gjini E, Carbonneau S, Lee J, Guo F, Jette C, et al. p63 mediates an apoptotic response to pharmacological and disease-related ER stress in the developing epidermis. Dev Cell. 2011;21:492-505 pubmed publisher..Focusing on the tail epidermis, we uncover an apoptotic response that depends on Puma, but not on p53 or Chop. puma is transcriptionally activated during this ER stress response in a p53-independent manner, and is an ..
- Zeng C, Kamei Y, Wang C, Tsai H. Subtypes of hypoxia-responsive cells differentiate into neurons in spinal cord of zebrafish embryos after hypoxic stress. Biol Cell. 2016;108:357-377 pubmed publisher..we employed a zebrafish transgenic line, huORFZ, which harbours an inhibitory upstream open reading frame of human chop mRNA fused downstream with GFP reporter and driven by cytomegalovirus promoter...
- Niu X, Gao C, Jan Lo L, Luo Y, Meng C, Hong J, et al. Sec13 safeguards the integrity of the endoplasmic reticulum and organogenesis of the digestive system in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2012;367:197-207 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first direct genetic evidence that COPII function is essential for the organogenesis of the digestive system...
- Chen L, Hu Y, He J, Chen J, Giesy J, Xie P. Responses of the Proteome and Metabolome in Livers of Zebrafish Exposed Chronically to Environmentally Relevant Concentrations of Microcystin-LR. Environ Sci Technol. 2017;51:596-607 pubmed publisher..Identification of proteins and metabolites in liver of zebrafish responsive to MC-LR provides insights into mechanisms of chronic toxicity of MCs. ..
- Chen Y, Lu Y, Li I, Hwang S. Zebrafish Agr2 is required for terminal differentiation of intestinal goblet cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34408 pubmed publisher..However, whether increased endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress occurs in Agr2(-/-) mice remains a controversial issue...
- Howarth D, Vacaru A, Tsedensodnom O, Mormone E, Nieto N, Costantini L, et al. Alcohol disrupts endoplasmic reticulum function and protein secretion in hepatocytes. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2012;36:14-23 pubmed publisher..Ethanol metabolism directly impairs ER structure and function in hepatocytes. Zebrafish are a novel in vivo system for studying ALD. ..
- Brun N, Christen V, Furrer G, Fent K. Indium and indium tin oxide induce endoplasmic reticulum stress and oxidative stress in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Sci Technol. 2014;48:11679-87 pubmed publisher..and protein level, as well as atf6, which ultimately led to induction of the important pro-apoptotic marker gene chop. The activity of In(NO3)3 on ER stress induction was much stronger than that of ITO, which is explained by ..