Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: dbh
Description: dopamine beta-hydroxylase (dopamine beta-monooxygenase)
Alias: dopamine beta-hydroxylase, dopamine beta hydroxylase
- Chou C, Chiu C, Liu Y. Fibronectin mediates correct positioning of the interrenal organ in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:432-43 pubmed publisher..However, how Fn is involved in organ formation of the adrenal gland remains unclear...
- To T, Hahner S, Nica G, Rohr K, Hammerschmidt M, Winkler C, et al. Pituitary-interrenal interaction in zebrafish interrenal organ development. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:472-85 pubmed..These data demonstrate a gradual transition from early pituitary-independent interrenal organogenesis to developmental control by the anterior domain of pituitary corticotrophs acting via Mc2 receptors...
- Lovett Barron M, Andalman A, Allen W, Vesuna S, Kauvar I, Burns V, et al. Ancestral Circuits for the Coordinated Modulation of Brain State. Cell. 2017;171:1411-1423.e17 pubmed publisher..These experiments establish a method for unbiased discovery of cellular elements underlying behavior and reveal an evolutionarily conserved set of diverse neuromodulatory systems that collectively govern internal state. ..
- Yokogawa T, Marin W, Faraco J, Pezeron G, Appelbaum L, Zhang J, et al. Characterization of sleep in zebrafish and insomnia in hypocretin receptor mutants. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e277 pubmed..Our study validates the use of zebrafish for the study of sleep and indicates molecular diversity in sleep regulatory networks across vertebrates. ..
- Puttonen H, Semenova S, Sundvik M, Panula P. Storage of neural histamine and histaminergic neurotransmission is VMAT2 dependent in the zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2017;7:3060 pubmed publisher..Our results also reveal potential new insights about the roles of monoaminergic neurotransmitters in the regulation of locomotion increase during adaptation to darkness. ..
- Zhang X, Dong Z, Zhang C, Ung C, He S, Tao T, et al. Critical Role for GAB2 in Neuroblastoma Pathogenesis through the Promotion of SHP2/MYCN Cooperation. Cell Rep. 2017;18:2932-2942 pubmed publisher..Our findings further suggest that combined inhibition of MYCN and the SHP2-RAS-ERK pathway could provide effective targeted therapy for high-risk neuroblastoma patients with MYCN amplification and aberrant SHP2 activation. ..
- Elbaz I, Yelin Bekerman L, Nicenboim J, Vatine G, Appelbaum L. Genetic ablation of hypocretin neurons alters behavioral state transitions in zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2012;32:12961-72 pubmed publisher..Our results further suggest a key role of HCRT neurons in mediating behavioral state transitions in response to external stimuli. ..
- Chen S, Oikonomou G, Chiu C, Niles B, Liu J, Lee D, et al. A large-scale in vivo analysis reveals that TALENs are significantly more mutagenic than ZFNs generated using context-dependent assembly. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:2769-78 pubmed publisher..The higher mutation rates and ability to target essentially any sequence make TALENs the superior technology for targeted mutagenesis in zebrafish, and likely other animal models. ..
- He S, Mansour M, Zimmerman M, Ki D, Layden H, Akahane K, et al. Synergy between loss of NF1 and overexpression of MYCN in neuroblastoma is mediated by the GAP-related domain. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Thus, our model system has considerable translational potential for investigating new strategies to improve the treatment of very high-risk neuroblastomas with aberrant RAS-MAPK activation. ..
- Xie J, Wang W, Liu T, Deng M, Ning G. Spatio-temporal expression of chromogranin A during zebrafish embryogenesis. J Endocrinol. 2008;198:451-8 pubmed publisher..cortex (side-chain cleavage enzyme, scc), and sympathoadrenal neuron/chromaffin cell (dopamine-beta-hydroxylase, dbh), respectively, showed that the chga-expressing cells are spatially separated from wt1-, scc-, and dbh-positive ..
- Chen S, Reichert S, Singh C, Oikonomou G, Rihel J, Prober D. Light-Dependent Regulation of Sleep and Wake States by Prokineticin 2 in Zebrafish. Neuron. 2017;95:153-168.e6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Prok2 antagonizes the direct wake-promoting effect of light in zebrafish, in part through the induction of galn expression in the hypothalamus. ..
- Damm E, Clements W. Pdgf signalling guides neural crest contribution to the haematopoietic stem cell specification niche. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:457-467 pubmed publisher..Preventing association of the NC with the DA leads to loss of HSCs. Our results define NC as key cellular components of the HSC specification niche that can be profiled to identify unknown HSC specification signals. ..
- Huang J, Zhong Z, Wang M, Chen X, Tan Y, Zhang S, et al. Circadian modulation of dopamine levels and dopaminergic neuron development contributes to attention deficiency and hyperactive behavior. J Neurosci. 2015;35:2572-87 pubmed publisher..The circadian model for attention deficiency and hyperactive behavior sheds light on ADHD pathogenesis and opens avenues for exploring novel targets for diagnosis and therapy for this common psychiatric disorder. ..
- Ignatius M, Unal Eroglu A, Malireddy S, Gallagher G, Nambiar R, Henion P. Distinct functional and temporal requirements for zebrafish Hdac1 during neural crest-derived craniofacial and peripheral neuron development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63218 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals distinct functional and temporal requirements for zebrafish hdac1 during neural crest-derived craniofacial and peripheral neuron development...
- Filippi A, Mahler J, Schweitzer J, Driever W. Expression of the paralogous tyrosine hydroxylase encoding genes th1 and th2 reveals the full complement of dopaminergic and noradrenergic neurons in zebrafish larval and juvenile brain. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:423-38 pubmed publisher..th2-expressing cells may indeed use dopamine as a neurotransmitter, we also included expression of dopamine beta hydroxylase, dopa decarboxylase, and dopamine transporter in our analysis...
- Jeong J, Einhorn Z, Mercurio S, Lee S, Lau B, Mione M, et al. Neurogenin1 is a determinant of zebrafish basal forebrain dopaminergic neurons and is regulated by the conserved zinc finger protein Tof/Fezl. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:5143-8 pubmed..These findings identify Ngn1 as a determinant of brain DA neurons and provide insights into how Tof/Fezl regulates the development of these clinically important neuronal types. ..
- Pei D, Luther W, Wang W, Paw B, Stewart R, George R. Distinct neuroblastoma-associated alterations of PHOX2B impair sympathetic neuronal differentiation in zebrafish models. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003533 pubmed publisher..modeled by phox2b morpholino knockdown, led to a decrease in the terminal differentiation markers th and dbh in sympathetic ganglion cells...
- Tao T, Sondalle S, Shi H, Zhu S, Perez Atayde A, Peng J, et al. The pre-rRNA processing factor DEF is rate limiting for the pathogenesis of MYCN-driven neuroblastoma. Oncogene. 2017;36:3852-3867 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that DEF and possibly other components of the SSU processome provide a novel site of vulnerability in neuroblastoma cells that could be exploited for targeted therapy. ..
- Norton W, Mangoli M, Lele Z, Pogoda H, Diamond B, Mercurio S, et al. Monorail/Foxa2 regulates floorplate differentiation and specification of oligodendrocytes, serotonergic raphé neurones and cranial motoneurones. Development. 2005;132:645-58 pubmed
- Montero Balaguer M, Lang M, Sachdev S, Knappmeyer C, Stewart R, De La Guardia A, et al. The mother superior mutation ablates foxd3 activity in neural crest progenitor cells and depletes neural crest derivatives in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:3199-212 pubmed..Further analysis of mosm188 mutants and foxd3 morphants revealed that NC cells are initially formed, suggesting that foxd3 function is required to maintain the pool of NC progenitors. ..
- Pavlidis M, Sundvik M, Chen Y, Panula P. Adaptive changes in zebrafish brain in dominant-subordinate behavioral context. Behav Brain Res. 2011;225:529-37 pubmed publisher..catabolism of catecholamines (tyrosine hydroxylase, TH1 and TH2; DOPA decarboxylase, DDC), dopamine ?-hydroxylase, DBH; catechol-O-methyl transferase, COMT), in the biosynthesis of histamine (histidine decarboxylase, HDC) and in the ..
- McGaughey D, McCallion A. Efficient discovery of ASCL1 regulatory sequences through transgene pooling. Genomics. 2010;95:363-9 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate the utility of this approach and its potential for further adaptation and higher throughput application. ..
- Liu J, Merkle F, Gandhi A, Gagnon J, Woods I, Chiu C, et al. Evolutionarily conserved regulation of hypocretin neuron specification by Lhx9. Development. 2015;142:1113-24 pubmed publisher..Our results elucidate an evolutionarily conserved role for Lhx9 in Hcrt neuron specification that improves our understanding of Hcrt neuron development. ..
- Singh C, Oikonomou G, Prober D. Norepinephrine is required to promote wakefulness and for hypocretin-induced arousal in zebrafish. elife. 2015;4:e07000 pubmed publisher..reports concerning the sleep phenotypes of mice lacking NE due to mutation of dopamine Î²-hydroxylase (dbh). To investigate NE function in an alternative vertebrate model, we generated dbh mutant zebrafish...
- Zhu S, Lee J, Guo F, Shin J, Perez Atayde A, Kutok J, et al. Activated ALK collaborates with MYCN in neuroblastoma pathogenesis. Cancer Cell. 2012;21:362-73 pubmed publisher..Coexpression of activated ALK with MYCN provides prosurvival signals that block this apoptotic response and allow continued expansion and oncogenic transformation of hyperplastic neuroblasts, thus promoting progression to neuroblastoma...
- Zhu S, Zhang X, Weichert Leahey N, Dong Z, Zhang C, Lopez G, et al. LMO1 Synergizes with MYCN to Promote Neuroblastoma Initiation and Metastasis. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:310-323.e5 pubmed publisher..Our results provide in vivo validation of LMO1 as an important oncogene that promotes neuroblastoma initiation, progression, and widespread metastatic dissemination. ..
- Minchin J, Hughes S. Sequential actions of Pax3 and Pax7 drive xanthophore development in zebrafish neural crest. Dev Biol. 2008;317:508-22 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Pax3 in zebrafish is required for specification of two specific lineages of neural crest, xanthophores and enteric neurons. ..