Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: dab2
Description: Dab, mitogen-responsive phosphoprotein, homolog 2 (Drosophila)
Alias: sb:cb778, zgc:77136, Dab, mitogen-responsive phosphoprotein, homolog 2, dab, mitogen-responsive phosphoprotein, homolog 2, disabled homolog 2
- Chen J, He J, Li L, Yang D, Luo L. Cyp2aa9 regulates haematopoietic stem cell development in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:26608 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that Cyp2aa9 is functional in the step of PGE2 synthesis from PGH2, thus promoting Wnt activation and definitive HSC development. ..
- Jiang Y, He X, Howe P. Disabled-2 (Dab2) inhibits Wnt/?-catenin signalling by binding LRP6 and promoting its internalization through clathrin. EMBO J. 2012;31:2336-49 pubmed publisher..Here we report that the tumour suppressor and endocytic adaptor disabled-2 (Dab2), previously described as an inhibitor of Wnt/?-catenin signalling, selectively recruits LRP6 to the clathrin-..
- Chen D, Li L, Tu X, Yin Z, Wang Q. Functional characterization of Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome gene AGGF1 identifies a novel angiogenic signaling pathway for specification of vein differentiation and angiogenesis during embryogenesis. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:963-76 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of AGGF1 expression resulted in a loss of venous identity (loss of expression of flt4, ephb4 and dab2), but had no effect on the expression of arterial development...
- Kim J, Kang H, Larrivee B, Lee M, Mettlen M, Schmid S, et al. Context-dependent proangiogenic function of bone morphogenetic protein signaling is mediated by disabled homolog 2. Dev Cell. 2012;23:441-8 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that Disabled homolog 2 (Dab2), a cargo-specific adaptor protein for Clathrin, is essential to mediate the proangiogenic function of ..
- Cermenati S, Moleri S, Neyt C, Bresciani E, Carra S, Grassini D, et al. Sox18 genetically interacts with VegfC to regulate lymphangiogenesis in zebrafish. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:1238-47 pubmed publisher..This interaction suggests a previously unappreciated crosstalk between the growth factor and transcription factor pathways that regulate lymphangiogenesis in development and disease. ..
- Zaucker A, Mercurio S, Sternheim N, Talbot W, Marlow F. notch3 is essential for oligodendrocyte development and vascular integrity in zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:1246-59 pubmed publisher..Our analysis of zebrafish notch3 mutants indicates that Notch3 regulates OPC development and mbp gene expression in larvae, and maintains vascular integrity in adults...
- Hermkens D, van Impel A, Urasaki A, Bussmann J, Duckers H, Schulte Merker S. Sox7 controls arterial specification in conjunction with hey2 and efnb2 function. Development. 2015;142:1695-704 pubmed publisher..Hence, sox7 levels are crucial in arterial specification in conjunction with hey2 and efnb2 function, with mutants in all three genes displaying shunt formation and an arterial block. ..
- Zou J, Li W, Li Q, Li X, Zhang J, Liu G, et al. Two functional microRNA-126s repress a novel target gene p21-activated kinase 1 to regulate vascular integrity in zebrafish. Circ Res. 2011;108:201-9 pubmed publisher..Two functional endothelial cell-specific miRNAs, miR-126a and miR-126b, synergistically regulate zebrafish vascular integrity, and pak1 is a critical target of miR-126a/b in vascular development. ..
- Herpers R, van de Kamp E, Duckers H, Schulte Merker S. Redundant roles for sox7 and sox18 in arteriovenous specification in zebrafish. Circ Res. 2008;102:12-5 pubmed..Our study identifies members of the Sox family as key factors in specifying arteriovenous identity and will help to better understand hypotrichosis-lymphedema-telangiectasia and other diseases. ..
- Kim S, Schmitt C, Woolls M, Holland M, Kim J, Jin S. Vascular endothelial growth factor signaling regulates the segregation of artery and vein via ERK activity during vascular development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:1212-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data show that segregation of axial vessels requires the function of Vegf-A signaling, and Erk may function as the major downstream effector in this process. ..
- Jin D, Zhu D, Fang Y, Chen Y, Yu G, Pan W, et al. Vegfa signaling regulates diverse artery/vein formation in vertebrate vasculatures. J Genet Genomics. 2017;44:483-492 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Vegfa signaling governs the formation of diverse arteries/veins by distinct cellular mechanisms in vertebrate vasculatures. ..
- Rodriguez F, Vacaru A, Overvoorde J, den Hertog J. The receptor protein-tyrosine phosphatase, Dep1, acts in arterial/venous cell fate decisions in zebrafish development. Dev Biol. 2008;324:122-30 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a model in which Dep1 acts upstream in a signaling pathway inhibiting PI3K, resulting in expression of Notch and Grl, thus regulating arterial specification in development. ..
- Schmitt C, Woolls M, Jin S. Mutant-specific gene expression profiling identifies SRY-related HMG box 11b (SOX11b) as a novel regulator of vascular development in zebrafish. Mol Cells. 2013;35:166-72 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our analyses illustrate a complex regulation of endothelial specification and differentiation during vertebrate development. ..
- Anzenberger U, Bit Avragim N, Rohr S, Rudolph F, Dehmel B, Willnow T, et al. Elucidation of megalin/LRP2-dependent endocytic transport processes in the larval zebrafish pronephros. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2127-37 pubmed..Using this model system, we provide first genetic evidence that renal tubular endocytosis and formation of endosomes is a ligand-induced process that crucially depends on megalin/LRP2 activity. ..
- Duong T, Koltowska K, Pichol Thievend C, Le Guen L, Fontaine F, Smith K, et al. VEGFD regulates blood vascular development by modulating SOX18 activity. Blood. 2014;123:1102-12 pubmed publisher..This work suggests that VEGFD-mediated pathologies include or involve an underlying dysregulation of SOXF-mediated transcriptional networks. ..
- Geudens I, Herpers R, Hermans K, Segura I, Ruiz de Almodovar C, Bussmann J, et al. Role of delta-like-4/Notch in the formation and wiring of the lymphatic network in zebrafish. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:1695-702 pubmed publisher..At a later phase, Notch silencing impaired navigation of lymphatic intersomitic vessels along their arterial templates. These studies imply critical roles for Notch signaling in the formation and wiring of the lymphatic network. ..
- Wang Y, Pan L, Moens C, Appel B. Notch3 establishes brain vascular integrity by regulating pericyte number. Development. 2014;141:307-17 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a new role for Notch signaling in brain vascular development whereby Notch3 signaling promotes expansion of the brain pericyte population. ..
- Mouillesseaux K, Chen J. Mutation in utp15 disrupts vascular patterning in a p53-dependent manner in zebrafish embryos. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25013 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data demonstrate an early embryonic effect of Utp15 deficiency on cell survival and the normal patterning of the vasculature and highlight an anti-angiogenic role of p53 in developing embryos. ..
- Kartopawiro J, Bower N, Karnezis T, Kazenwadel J, Betterman K, Lesieur E, et al. Arap3 is dysregulated in a mouse model of hypotrichosis-lymphedema-telangiectasia and regulates lymphatic vascular development. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:1286-97 pubmed publisher..Our data refine common mechanisms that are likely to contribute during both development and the pathogenesis of lymphatic vascular disorders...
- Ulrich F, Carretero Ortega J, MenÃ©ndez J, Narvaez C, Sun B, Lancaster E, et al. Reck enables cerebrovascular development by promoting canonical Wnt signaling. Development. 2016;143:147-59 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings have broad implications for both vascular and cancer biology. ..
- Kaufman R, Weiss O, Sebbagh M, Ravid R, Gibbs Bar L, Yaniv K, et al. Development and origins of zebrafish ocular vasculature. BMC Dev Biol. 2015;15:18 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a thorough analysis of the early development and origins of zebrafish ocular vessels and establish the superficial vasculature as a model for studying vascular patterning in the context of the developing eye. ..
- Tobia C, Chiodelli P, Nicoli S, Dell Era P, Buraschi S, Mitola S, et al. Sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor-1 controls venous endothelial barrier integrity in zebrafish. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:e104-16 pubmed publisher..The data demonstrate a nonredundant role of zS1P(1) in the regulation of venous endothelial barrier in zebrafish and identify a S1P(1)/VE-cadherin/EphB4a genetic pathway that controls venous vascular integrity. ..
- Chen J, Zhu R, Li F, Liang Y, Wang C, Qin Y, et al. MicroRNA-126a Directs Lymphangiogenesis Through Interacting With Chemokine and Flt4 Signaling in Zebrafish. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016;36:2381-2393 pubmed..Our results suggest that these key regulators of lymphangiogenesis may be involved in lymphatic pathogenesis of cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Swift M, Pham V, Castranova D, Bell K, Poole R, Weinstein B. SoxF factors and Notch regulate nr2f2 gene expression during venous differentiation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;390:116-25 pubmed publisher..We show that Notch signaling activity present in the dorsal aorta suppresses expression of nr2f2, restricting nr2f2-dependent promotion of venous differentiation to the cardinal vein. ..
- Cha Y, Fujita M, Butler M, Isogai S, Kochhan E, Siekmann A, et al. Chemokine signaling directs trunk lymphatic network formation along the preexisting blood vasculature. Dev Cell. 2012;22:824-36 pubmed publisher..In addition to providing evidence for a lymphatic vascular guidance mechanism, these results also suggest a molecular basis for the anatomical coalignment of lymphatic and blood vessels. ..
- De Smet F, Tembuyser B, Lenard A, Claes F, Zhang J, Michielsen C, et al. Fibroblast growth factor signaling affects vascular outgrowth and is required for the maintenance of blood vessel integrity. Chem Biol. 2014;21:1310-1317 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our work illustrates the power of a small molecule probe to reveal insights into blood vessel formation and stabilization and thus of broad interest to the vascular biology community. ..