Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cyp26c1
Description: cytochrome P450, family 26, subfamily C, polypeptide 1
Alias: cyp26b1l, cyp26d1, cytochrome P450, family 26, subfamily C, polypeptide 1, retinoic acid catabolizing enzyme
- Liang D, Jia W, Li J, Li K, Zhao Q. Retinoic acid signaling plays a restrictive role in zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30865 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that RA signaling restricts zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis through acting downstream of gata4/5/6, upstream of, or parallel to, cloche, and upstream of scl. ..
- Balciuniene J, Nagelberg D, Walsh K, Camerota D, Georlette D, Biemar F, et al. Efficient disruption of Zebrafish genes using a Gal4-containing gene trap. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:619 pubmed publisher..These features, together with utility as highly specific Gal4 drivers, make gene trap mutants presented here especially useful to the research community. ..
- Kinkel M, Sefton E, Kikuchi Y, Mizoguchi T, Ward A, Prince V. Cyp26 enzymes function in endoderm to regulate pancreatic field size. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:7864-9 pubmed publisher..Analysis of the gir mutants further reveals that cyp26b1 and cyp26c1 function redundantly to partially compensate for loss of Cyp26a1 function...
- Wang W, Zhang L, Gui Y, Hu J, Song H. Tbx1 regulates the development of zebrafish neural crest cells by retinoic acid signaling. Chin Med J (Engl). 2013;126:4583-4 pubmed
- Maier E, Whitfield T. RA and FGF signalling are required in the zebrafish otic vesicle to pattern and maintain ventral otic identities. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004858 pubmed publisher..In addition, our results indicate that FGF and RA signalling act in a feedback loop in the anterior OV, crucial for pattern refinement. ..
- Montalbano A, Juergensen L, Roeth R, Weiss B, Fukami M, Fricke Otto S, et al. Retinoic acid catabolizing enzyme CYP26C1 is a genetic modifier in SHOX deficiency. EMBO Mol Med. 2016;8:1455-1469 pubmed publisher..The variant p.Phe508Cys of the retinoic acid catabolizing enzyme CYP26C1 co-segregated with the SHOX variant p...
- Gu X, Xu F, Song W, Wang X, Hu P, Yang Y, et al. A novel cytochrome P450, zebrafish Cyp26D1, is involved in metabolism of all-trans retinoic acid. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:1661-72 pubmed..Previously, we identified a novel cyp26 gene (cyp26d1) in zebrafish that is expressed in hindbrain during early development...
- Gongal P, March L, Holly V, Pillay L, Berry Wynne K, Kagechika H, et al. Hmx4 regulates Sonic hedgehog signaling through control of retinoic acid synthesis during forebrain patterning. Dev Biol. 2011;355:55-64 pubmed publisher..We propose that Hmx4 is a critical regulator of retinoic acid synthesis in a developing embryo, and that this regulation is essential for controlling Shh signaling and forebrain development. ..
- White R, Nie Q, Lander A, Schilling T. Complex regulation of cyp26a1 creates a robust retinoic acid gradient in the zebrafish embryo. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e304 pubmed..Such control also provides an explanation for the fact that loss of an endogenous RA gradient can be compensated for by RA that is provided in a spatially uniform manner. ..
- Rydeen A, Voisin N, D Aniello E, Ravisankar P, Devignes C, Waxman J. Excessive feedback of Cyp26a1 promotes cell non-autonomous loss of retinoic acid signaling. Dev Biol. 2015;405:47-55 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results provide novel insights into the teratogenic mechanisms of RA signaling and the cellular mechanisms by which Cyp26a1 expression can shape a RA gradient. ..
- Blum N, Begemann G. Osteoblast de- and redifferentiation are controlled by a dynamic response to retinoic acid during zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2015;142:2894-903 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a mechanism explaining how the osteoblast regenerative program is protected from adverse crosstalk with neighboring fibroblasts that advances our understanding of the regulation of bone repair by RA. ..
- Rubbini D, Robert Moreno Ã, Hoijman E, Alsina B. Retinoic Acid Signaling Mediates Hair Cell Regeneration by Repressing p27kip and sox2 in Supporting Cells. J Neurosci. 2015;35:15752-66 pubmed publisher..Our results position RA as an essential signal for hair cell regeneration with relevance in future regenerative strategies in mammals. ..
- Chang J, Skromne I, Ho R. CDX4 and retinoic acid interact to position the hindbrain-spinal cord transition. Dev Biol. 2016;410:178-189 pubmed publisher..Therefore, interactions between Cyp26a1 and Cdx4 modulate RA levels along the AP axis to segregate the posterior neural plate into the hindbrain and spinal cord territories. ..
- Pradhan A, Olsson P. Inhibition of retinoic acid synthesis disrupts spermatogenesis and fecundity in zebrafish. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2015;217-218:81-91 pubmed publisher..RA exposure resulted in up-regulation of the RA metabolizing enzyme genes cyp26a1, cyp26b1 and cyp26c1 in vitro and in vivo. Exposure to WIN 18,446 resulted in down-regulation of Aldh1a2, cyp26a1 and cyp26b1 in vivo...
- Xi J, Yue J, Yang Z. Expression profiles of retinoic acid synthetases ALDH1As and metabolic enzymes CYP26s in adult and embryonic zebrafish (Danio rerio). Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:3948-56 pubmed publisher..CYP26A1 transcription peaked earlier (8 hpf) than CYP26B1 and CYP26C1 (12 hpf), while CYP26C1 expression dropped to basal levels later (48 hpf) than that of CYP26A1 and CYP26B1 (18 ..