Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cyp1c1
Description: cytochrome P450, family 1, subfamily C, polypeptide 1
Alias: zgc:110607, cytochrome P450, family 1, subfamily C, polypeptide 1
- Verbueken E, Alsop D, Saad M, Pype C, Van Peer E, Casteleyn C, et al. In Vitro Biotransformation of Two Human CYP3A Probe Substrates and Their Inhibition during Early Zebrafish Development. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Luciferin-IPA was not metabolized by the zebrafish. In conclusion, the capacity of intrinsic biotransformation in zebrafish embryos appears to be lacking during a major part of organogenesis. ..
- Ko S, Shin I. Cardiosulfa induces heart deformation in zebrafish through the AhR-mediated, CYP1A-independent pathway. Chembiochem. 2012;13:1483-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that cardiosulfa has potential as a novel type of a biological probe to investigate the AhR pathway. ..
- Stegeman J, Behrendt L, Woodin B, Kubota A, Lemaire B, Pompon D, et al. Functional characterization of zebrafish cytochrome P450 1 family proteins expressed in yeast. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1850:2340-52 pubmed publisherZebrafish express five cytochrome P450 1 genes: CYP1A, CYP1B1, CYP1C1, CYP1C2, inducible by aryl hydrocarbon receptor agonists, and CYP1D1, a constitutively expressed CYP1A-like gene...
- Van Tiem L, Di Giulio R. AHR2 knockdown prevents PAH-mediated cardiac toxicity and XRE- and ARE-associated gene induction in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;254:280-7 pubmed publisher..CYP1A, CYP1B1, CYP1C1, and redox-responsive genes glutathione s-transferase pi 2 (GSTp2), glutathione peroxidase 1 (GPx1), the glutamate-..
- Gao K, Brandt I, Goldstone J, Jönsson M. Cytochrome P450 1A, 1B, and 1C mRNA induction patterns in three-spined stickleback exposed to a transient and a persistent inducer. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2011;154:42-55 pubmed publisher..The cDNAs of stickleback CYP1A, CYP1B1, CYP1C1, and CYP1C2 were cloned and their basal and induced expression patterns were determined in the brain, gill, liver ..
- Scornaienchi M, Thornton C, Willett K, Wilson J. Functional differences in the cytochrome P450 1 family enzymes from zebrafish (Danio rerio) using heterologously expressed proteins. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2010;502:17-22 pubmed publisher..We determined the catalytic activity of zebrafish CYP1A, CYP1B1, CYP1C1, CYP1C2, and CYP1D1 proteins using 11 fluorometric substrates and benzo[a]pyrene (BaP)...
- Yang J, Zhu J, Chan K. BDE-99, but not BDE-47, is a transient aryl hydrocarbon receptor agonist in zebrafish liver cells. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2016;305:203-215 pubmed publisher..CYP1A induction derived by BDE-99 warrants further risk assessment as the humans, wildlife and environment are exposed to a complex mixture including dioxin-like compounds and carcinogenic compounds. ..
- Jönsson M, Franks D, Woodin B, Jenny M, Garrick R, Behrendt L, et al. The tryptophan photoproduct 6-formylindolo[3,2-b]carbazole (FICZ) binds multiple AHRs and induces multiple CYP1 genes via AHR2 in zebrafish. Chem Biol Interact. 2009;181:447-54 pubmed publisher..FICZ binding to two zebrafish AHRs (AHR1B and AHR2) and its ability to induce zebrafish CYP1 genes (CYP1A, CYP1B1, CYP1C1, CYP1C2, and CYP1D1) in vivo...
- Schiwy S, Bräunig J, Alert H, Hollert H, Keiter S. A novel contact assay for testing aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR)-mediated toxicity of chemicals and whole sediments in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015;22:16305-18 pubmed publisher..The highest levels of all investigated cyp genes (cyp1a, cyp1b1, cyp1c1, and cyp1c2) were recorded after exposure to the sediment sample of the Vering canal...
- Chang C, Chung H, Su H, Tseng H, Tzou W, Hu C. Regulation of zebrafish CYP3A65 transcription by AHR2. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;270:174-84 pubmed publisher..It may also reflect the different environments that terrestrial and aquatic organisms encounter. ..
- BrÃ¤unig J, Schiwy S, Broedel O, MÃ¼ller Y, Frohme M, Hollert H, et al. Time-dependent expression and activity of cytochrome P450 1s in early life-stages of the zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015;22:16319-28 pubmed publisher..In the present study, gene expression of cyp1a, cyp1b1, cyp1c1, cyp1c2, and ahr2 as well as EROD activity were investigated up to 120 h postfertilization (hpf) after exposure to ..
- Wincent E, JÃ¶nsson M, Bottai M, Lundstedt S, Dreij K. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation and developmental toxicity in zebrafish in response to soil extracts containing unsubstituted and oxygenated PAHs. Environ Sci Technol. 2015;49:3869-77 pubmed publisher..In addition to Ahr activating potency, the profile of cytochrome P4501 inhibitors may also determine the toxic potency of the extracts. ..
- Yuan L, Lv B, Zha J, Wang Z, Wang W, Li W, et al. New cytochrome P450 1B1, 1C1, 2Aa, 2Y3, and 2K genes from Chinese rare minnow (Gobiocypris rarus): Molecular characterization, basal expression and response of rare minnow CYP1s and CYP2s mRNA exposed to the AHR agonist benzo[a]pyrene. Chemosphere. 2013;93:209-16 pubmed publisher..Basal expression showed CYP1C1 and CYP 2Aa expression were observed in all eight tissues analyzed (liver, gill, intestine, kidney, spleen, brain, ..
- Goodale B, Tilton S, Corvi M, Wilson G, Janszen D, Anderson K, et al. Structurally distinct polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons induce differential transcriptional responses in developing zebrafish. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;272:656-70 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that systems approaches can be used to classify the toxicity of PAHs based on the networks perturbed following exposure, and may provide a path for unraveling the toxicity of complex PAH mixtures. ..
- Harskamp J, Britz McKibbin P, Wilson J. Functional screening of cytochrome P450 activity and uncoupling by capillary electrophoresis. Anal Chem. 2012;84:862-6 pubmed publisher..This work highlights the wide disparity in uncoupling induced by unproductive substrate binding among different CYP isoforms. ..
- Jia Z, Liu D, Sheng C, Casida J, Wang C, Song P, et al. Acute toxicity, bioconcentration, elimination and antioxidant effects of fluralaner in zebrafish, Danio rerio. Environ Pollut. 2018;232:183-190 pubmed publisher..Among them, the activities of CAT and CarE, and most mRNA expression level of CYPs showed fast response to the sub-lethal concentration of fluralaner, which could be used as a biomarker relevant to the toxicity. ..
- Kühnert A, Vogs C, Seiwert B, Aulhorn S, Altenburger R, Hollert H, et al. Biotransformation in the zebrafish embryo -temporal gene transcription changes of cytochrome P450 enzymes and internal exposure dynamics of the AhR binding xenobiotic benz[a]anthracene. Environ Pollut. 2017;230:1-11 pubmed publisher..Time dependent changes in cyp transcription (cyp1a, cyp1b1, cyp1c1 and cyp1c2) as well as concentration & time-dependent courses of BaA in the fish embryo and the exposure ..
- Kubota A, Stegeman J, Woodin B, Iwanaga T, Harano R, Peterson R, et al. Role of zebrafish cytochrome P450 CYP1C genes in the reduced mesencephalic vein blood flow caused by activation of AHR2. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;253:244-52 pubmed publisher..The CYP1C subfamily was recently discovered in fish and includes the paralogues CYP1C1 and CYP1C2, both of which are induced via AHR2 in zebrafish embryos...
- J nsson M, Woodin B, Stegeman J, Brunstr m B. Cytochrome p450 1 genes in birds: evolutionary relationships and transcription profiles in chicken and Japanese quail embryos. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28257 pubmed publisher..We cloned cDNAs of chicken CYP1C1 and quail CYP1B1 and AHR1. CYP1Cs occur in several bird genomes, but we found no CYP1C gene in quail...
- Bugiak B, Weber L. Phenotypic anchoring of gene expression after developmental exposure to aryl hydrocarbon receptor ligands in zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;99:423-37 pubmed publisher..TCDD, BaP and ANF alone all significantly increased CYP1A mRNA expression, while only TCDD consistently increased CYP1C1 expression. In contrast, TCDD transiently decreased CYP1C2 expression...
- Yang Y, Ye X, He B, Liu J. Cadmium potentiates toxicity of cypermethrin in zebrafish. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2016;35:435-45 pubmed publisher..The authors' findings provide a deeper understanding of the mechanistic basis accounting for the joint toxicity of cypermethrin and Cd. ..
- Huang L, Wang C, Zhang Y, Li J, Zhong Y, Zhou Y, et al. Benzo[a]pyrene exposure influences the cardiac development and the expression of cardiovascular relative genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Chemosphere. 2012;87:369-75 pubmed publisher..The information from the network could provide a clue for further mechanistic studies explaining molecular events regulating B(a)P-mediated cardiovascular defects and consequences. ..
- Bluhm K, Otte J, Yang L, Zinsmeister C, Legradi J, Keiter S, et al. Impacts of different exposure scenarios on transcript abundances in Danio rerio embryos when investigating the toxicological burden of riverine sediments. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e106523 pubmed publisher..The apparent difference between the exposure scenarios is an important aspect that needs to be addressed when conducting analyses of alterations in the expression level of mRNA. ..
- Xu T, Wang Q, Shi Q, Fang Q, Guo Y, Zhou B. Bioconcentration, metabolism and alterations of thyroid hormones of Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) phosphate (TDCPP) in Zebrafish. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;40:581-6 pubmed publisher..The mRNA expression of genes related to Phase I and II metabolic enzymes, such as cyp1a1, cyp1b1, cyp1c1 and ugt1ab were also significantly upregulated...
- Truong L, Bugel S, Chlebowski A, Usenko C, Simonich M, Simonich S, et al. Optimizing multi-dimensional high throughput screening using zebrafish. Reprod Toxicol. 2016;65:139-147 pubmed publisher..Adaptation of these better practices for zebrafish HTS should increase reproducibility across laboratories. ..
- Behrendt L, Jönsson M, Goldstone J, Stegeman J. Induction of cytochrome P450 1 genes and stress response genes in developing zebrafish exposed to ultraviolet radiation. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;98:74-82 pubmed publisher..93 W/m(2) (26.8 kJ/m(2)) significantly induced CYP1A and CYP1B1 expression, but other CYP1 genes (CYP1C1, CYP1C2 and CYP1D1) showed no significant increase...
- Yang Y, Ji D, Huang X, Zhang J, Liu J. Effects of metals on enantioselective toxicity and biotransformation of cis-bifenthrin in zebrafish. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2017;36:2139-2146 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the influence of coexistent metals should be considered in the ecological risk assessment of chiral pyrethroids in aquatic environments. Environ Toxicol Chem 2017;36:2139-2146. Â© 2017 SETAC. ..
- Scornaienchi M, Thornton C, Willett K, Wilson J. Cytochrome P450-mediated 17beta-estradiol metabolism in zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Endocrinol. 2010;206:317-25 pubmed publisher..We have cloned and heterologously expressed CYP1A, CYP1B1, CYP1C1, CYP1C2, CYP1D1, and CYP3A65 from zebrafish (Danio rerio) to determine the CYP-mediated metabolism of E(2) in a ..
- Blüthgen N, Meili N, Chew G, Odermatt A, Fent K. Accumulation and effects of the UV-filter octocrylene in adult and embryonic zebrafish (Danio rerio). Sci Total Environ. 2014;476-477:207-17 pubmed publisher..Blood levels of 11-ketotestosterone were not altered. The transcriptomics data suggest that OC mainly affects transcription of genes related to developmental processes in the brain and liver as well as metabolic processes in the liver. ..
- Smith E, Iftikar F, Higgins S, Irshad A, Jandoc R, Lee M, et al. In vitro inhibition of cytochrome P450-mediated reactions by gemfibrozil, erythromycin, ciprofloxacin and fluoxetine in fish liver microsomes. Aquat Toxicol. 2012;109:259-66 pubmed publisher..Expressed zebrafish CYP1 proteins (CYP1A, CYP1B1, CYP1C1 and CYP1C2) were assessed for inhibition with selected substrates...
- Massarsky A, Bone A, Dong W, Hinton D, Prasad G, Di Giulio R. AHR2 morpholino knockdown reduces the toxicity of total particulate matter to zebrafish embryos. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2016;309:63-76 pubmed publisher..Moreover, as shown by gene expression the AHR pathway, but not the antioxidant pathway, was induced in response to TPM exposure, providing further evidence for its importance in mediating TPM toxicity. ..
- Bugiak B, Weber L. Hepatic and vascular mRNA expression in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio) following exposure to benzo-a-pyrene and 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. Aquat Toxicol. 2009;95:299-306 pubmed publisher..05 in Tukey's posteriori test after 1-way ANOVA; n=4-6/group) CYP1A, CYP1C1, and COX-2b mRNA expression in hepatic tissue (105+/-21, 12+/-2, and 2+/-0...
- Du M, Fang C, Qiu L, Dong S, Zhang X, Yan C. Diastereoisomer-specific effects of hexabromocyclododecanes on hepatic aryl hydrocarbon receptors and cytochrome P450s in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2015;132:24-31 pubmed publisher..and Î³-HBCD inhibited cyp1a expression but enhanced the expression of cyp1b1 and cyp1c1. Î±-, Î²- and Î³-HBCD showed different degrees of effect on the same CYP1 gene in a concentration-dependent ..
- Knecht A, Goodale B, Truong L, Simonich M, Swanson A, Matzke M, et al. Comparative developmental toxicity of environmentally relevant oxygenated PAHs. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;271:266-75 pubmed publisher..Comprehensive in vivo characterization of 38 structurally diverse OPAHs indicated differential AHR dependency and a prominent role for oxidative stress in the toxicity mechanisms...
- Zhou Z, Yang J, Chan K. Toxic effects of triclosan on a zebrafish (Danio rerio) liver cell line, ZFL. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;191:175-188 pubmed publisher..The impairment of Cyp1a mRNA expression could be due to stimulation by other stressors such as oxidative stress, warranting further investigation into the underlying mechanism in zebrafish. ..