Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cxcr4b
Description: chemokine (C-X-C motif), receptor 4b
Alias: CXCR4, cb403, zgc:109863, C-X-C chemokine receptor type 4, drCXCR4b1, ody, odysseus
- Gilmour D, Knaut H, Maischein H, NUSSLEIN VOLHARD C. Towing of sensory axons by their migrating target cells in vivo. Nat Neurosci. 2004;7:491-2 pubmed..Here we combine genetics and time-lapse imaging in the zebrafish to show that towing by migrating cells is a bona fide mechanism for guiding pathfinding axons in vivo. ..
- Walters K, Green J, Surfus J, Yoo S, Huttenlocher A. Live imaging of neutrophil motility in a zebrafish model of WHIM syndrome. Blood. 2010;116:2803-11 pubmed publisherb>CXCR4 is a G protein-coupled chemokine receptor that has been implicated in the pathogenesis of primary immunodeficiency disorders and cancer...
- Carl M, Bianco I, Bajoghli B, Aghaallaei N, Czerny T, Wilson S. Wnt/Axin1/beta-catenin signaling regulates asymmetric nodal activation, elaboration, and concordance of CNS asymmetries. Neuron. 2007;55:393-405 pubmed..We identify a second role for the Wnt pathway in the left/right regulation of LPM Nodal pathway gene expression, and finally, we show that at later stages Axin1 is required for the elaboration of concordant neuroanatomical asymmetries. ..
- Valentin G, Haas P, Gilmour D. The chemokine SDF1a coordinates tissue migration through the spatially restricted activation of Cxcr7 and Cxcr4b. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1026-31 pubmed..Recent work has shown that Cxcr4b activity is only required in cells at the very tip, raising the question of what controls cell behavior within ..
- Doitsidou M, Reichman Fried M, Stebler J, Köprunner M, Dörries J, Meyer D, et al. Guidance of primordial germ cell migration by the chemokine SDF-1. Cell. 2002;111:647-59 pubmed..Knocking down SDF-1 or its receptor CXCR4 results in severe defects in PGC migration...
- McGraw H, Drerup C, Culbertson M, Linbo T, Raible D, Nechiporuk A. Lef1 is required for progenitor cell identity in the zebrafish lateral line primordium. Development. 2011;138:3921-30 pubmed publisher..These findings revealed a novel role for the Wnt signaling pathway during mechanosensory organ formation in zebrafish. ..
- Dufourcq P, Vriz S. The chemokine SDF-1 regulates blastema formation during zebrafish fin regeneration. Dev Genes Evol. 2006;216:635-9 pubmed..of Sdf1a and Sdf1b (the chemokines stromal-cell-derived factor-1a and 1b) and their two receptors Cxcr4a and Cxcr4b during zebrafish fin regeneration...
- Matsuda M, Chitnis A. Atoh1a expression must be restricted by Notch signaling for effective morphogenesis of the posterior lateral line primordium in zebrafish. Development. 2010;137:3477-87 pubmed publisher..Together, our observations reveal a genetic regulatory network that explains why atoh1a expression must be restricted by Notch signaling for effective morphogenesis of the pLLp. ..
- Aman A, Piotrowski T. Wnt/beta-catenin and Fgf signaling control collective cell migration by restricting chemokine receptor expression. Dev Cell. 2008;15:749-61 pubmed publisher..in leader cells informs coordinated migration via differential regulation of the two chemokine receptors, cxcr4b and cxcr7b...
- Chen X, Lou Q, He J, Yin Z. Role of zebrafish lbx2 in embryonic lateral line development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29515 pubmed publisher..In addition, the disassociation of PPL nerve extension with PLL primordial migration in some lbx2 morphants suggests that pathfinding of the PLL primordium and the lateral line nerve may be regulated independently. ..
- Venkiteswaran G, Lewellis S, Wang J, Reynolds E, Nicholson C, Knaut H. Generation and dynamics of an endogenous, self-generated signaling gradient across a migrating tissue. Cell. 2013;155:674-87 pubmed publisher..The rear of the primordium generates this gradient through continuous sequestration of Sdf1 protein by the alternate Sdf1-receptor Cxcr7. Modeling shows that this is a physically plausible scenario. ..
- Haas P, Gilmour D. Chemokine signaling mediates self-organizing tissue migration in the zebrafish lateral line. Dev Cell. 2006;10:673-80 pubmed..Here, we dissect the role of the chemokine guidance receptor Cxcr4b in regulating the collective migration of one such cohesive tissue, the zebrafish lateral line primordium...
- Chong S, Nguyet L, Jiang Y, Korzh V. The chemokine Sdf-1 and its receptor Cxcr4 are required for formation of muscle in zebrafish. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:54 pubmed..Previous reports emphasized co-operation of Sdf1a and Cxcr4b. We found that during early myogenesis Sdf1a co-operates with the second Cxcr4 of zebrafish - Cxcr4a resulting in ..
- Valdivia L, Young R, Hawkins T, Stickney H, Cavodeassi F, Schwarz Q, et al. Lef1-dependent Wnt/?-catenin signalling drives the proliferative engine that maintains tissue homeostasis during lateral line development. Development. 2011;138:3931-41 pubmed publisher..Our data support a model in which Lef1 sustains proliferation of leading zone progenitors, maintaining the primordium size and defining neuromast deposition rate. ..
- Doll C, Burkart J, Hope K, Halpern M, Gamse J. Subnuclear development of the zebrafish habenular nuclei requires ER translocon function. Dev Biol. 2011;360:44-57 pubmed publisher..Our results show that in the absence of sec61al1, an excess of precursor cells for the LsDh exit the ventricular region and differentiate, resulting in formation of bilaterally symmetric habenular nuclei. ..
- RoussignÃ© M, Bianco I, Wilson S, Blader P. Nodal signalling imposes left-right asymmetry upon neurogenesis in the habenular nuclei. Development. 2009;136:1549-57 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence of a direct requirement for unilateral Nodal activity in establishing an asymmetry per se, rather than solely in biasing its laterality. ..
- Gamba L, Cubedo N, Lutfalla G, Ghysen A, Dambly Chaudiere C. Lef1 controls patterning and proliferation in the posterior lateral line system of zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:3163-71 pubmed publisher..We show that, although its inactivation has no overt effect on the expression of cxcr4b and cxcr7b, lef1 contributes to their control...
- Staton A, Knaut H, Giraldez A. miRNA regulation of Sdf1 chemokine signaling provides genetic robustness to germ cell migration. Nat Genet. 2011;43:204-11 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that losing miRNA-mediated regulation can expose otherwise buffered genetic lesions leading to developmental defects. ..
- Gamba L, Cubedo N, Ghysen A, Lutfalla G, Dambly Chaudiere C. Estrogen receptor ESR1 controls cell migration by repressing chemokine receptor CXCR4 in the zebrafish posterior lateral line system. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:6358-63 pubmed publisher..Here we show that inactivation of the estrogen receptor ESR1 results in ectopic expression of cxcr4b throughout the primordium, whereas ESR1 overexpression results in a reciprocal reduction in the domain of cxcr4b ..
- Kwon H, Riley B. Mesendodermal signals required for otic induction: Bmp-antagonists cooperate with Fgf and can facilitate formation of ectopic otic tissue. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1582-94 pubmed publisher..Developmental Dynamics 238:1582-1594, 2009. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- David N, Sapede D, Saint Etienne L, Thisse C, Thisse B, Dambly Chaudiere C, et al. Molecular basis of cell migration in the fish lateral line: role of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 and of its ligand, SDF1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:16297-302 pubmed..We show that a trail of SDF1-like chemokine is present along the pathway of the primordium and that a CXCR4-like chemokine receptor is expressed by the migrating cells...
- Mizoguchi T, Verkade H, Heath J, Kuroiwa A, Kikuchi Y. Sdf1/Cxcr4 signaling controls the dorsal migration of endodermal cells during zebrafish gastrulation. Development. 2008;135:2521-9 pubmed publisher..We further found, using the endoderm-specific transgenic line Tg(sox17:EGFP), that Sdf1/Cxcr4 signaling regulates both the formation and orientation of filopodial processes in endodermal cells...
- Sapede D, Rossel M, Dambly Chaudiere C, Ghysen A. Role of SDF1 chemokine in the development of lateral line efferent and facial motor neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:1714-8 pubmed..We propose that SDF1/CXCR4-mediated cell migration is preferentially associated with movement along the anteroposterior axis of the animal.
- Chong S, Jiang Y. Off limits--integrins holding boundaries in somitogenesis. Trends Cell Biol. 2005;15:453-7 pubmed..These studies shed light on components downstream of the periodic segmentation mechanism - the 'segmentation clock' - in somitogenesis. ..
- Miyasaka N, Knaut H, Yoshihara Y. Cxcl12/Cxcr4 chemokine signaling is required for placode assembly and sensory axon pathfinding in the zebrafish olfactory system. Development. 2007;134:2459-68 pubmed..In this study, we aim to elucidate the molecular mechanism underlying these two developmental processes. cxcr4b, encoding a chemokine receptor, is expressed in the migrating olfactory placodal precursors, and cxcl12a (SDF-1a), ..
- White R, Collins J, Sealy I, Wali N, Dooley C, Digby Z, et al. A high-resolution mRNA expression time course of embryonic development in zebrafish. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..To make this dataset a useful baseline reference, the data can be browsed and downloaded at Expression Atlas and Ensembl. ..
- Imai F, Yoshizawa A, Matsuzaki A, Oguri E, Araragi M, Nishiwaki Y, et al. Stem-loop binding protein is required for retinal cell proliferation, neurogenesis, and intraretinal axon pathfinding in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;394:94-109 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate important roles of SLBP in retinal development. ..
- Samuel A, Rubinstein A, Azar T, Ben Moshe Livne Z, Kim S, Inbal A. Six3 regulates optic nerve development via multiple mechanisms. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20267 pubmed publisher..Hence, the new zebrafish model for Six3 loss of function furthers our understanding of the mechanisms governing optic nerve development and Six3-mediated eye and forebrain malformations. ..
- van Rooijen E, Voest E, Logister I, Bussmann J, Korving J, van Eeden F, et al. von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor mutants faithfully model pathological hypoxia-driven angiogenesis and vascular retinopathies in zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2010;3:343-53 pubmed publisher..Importantly, they will allow for a cost-effective, non-invasive and efficient way to screen for novel pharmacological agents and combinatorial treatments. ..
- Bouzaffour M, Dufourcq P, Lecaudey V, Haas P, Vriz S. Fgf and Sdf-1 pathways interact during zebrafish fin regeneration. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5824 pubmed publisher..we show that during epimorphic regeneration, expression of sdf1, as well as of its cognate receptors, cxcr4a, cxcr4b and cxcr7 are controlled by FGF signalling...
- Venero Galanternik M, Kramer K, Piotrowski T. Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycans Regulate Fgf Signaling and Cell Polarity during Collective Cell Migration. Cell Rep. 2015;: pubmed publisher..The HSPGs themselves are regulated by the Wnt/Î²-catenin and Fgf pathways and thus are integral components of the regulatory network that coordinates collective cell migration with organ specification and morphogenesis. ..
- Sang Q, Zhang J, Feng R, Wang X, Li Q, Zhao X, et al. Ildr1b is essential for semicircular canal development, migration of the posterior lateral line primordium and hearing ability in zebrafish: implications for a role in the recessive hearing impairment DFNB42. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:6201-11 pubmed publisher..In situ hybridization showed the involvement of attenuated FGF signaling and the chemokine receptor 4b (cxcr4b) and chemokine receptor 7b (cxcr7b) in posterior lateral line primordium of ildr1b-morphant zebrafish...
- Davidson A, Ernst P, Wang Y, Dekens M, Kingsley P, Palis J, et al. cdx4 mutants fail to specify blood progenitors and can be rescued by multiple hox genes. Nature. 2003;425:300-6 pubmed..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that cdx4 regulates hox genes and is necessary for the specification of haematopoietic cell fate during vertebrate embryogenesis. ..
- Gasanov E, Rafieva L, Korzh V. BDNF-TrkB axis regulates migration of the lateral line primordium and modulates the maintenance of mechanoreceptor progenitors. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0119711 pubmed publisher..In particular, BDNF-TrkB influences the expression level of components of chemokine signaling including Cxcr4b, and the generation of progenitors of mechanoreceptors, at the level of expression of Atoh1a-Atp2b1a.
- Dumstrei K, Mennecke R, Raz E. Signaling pathways controlling primordial germ cell migration in zebrafish. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:4787-95 pubmed..primordial germ cells (PGCs) rely on directional cues provided by the chemokine SDF-1a, whose receptor is CXCR4b. The molecular mechanisms whereby CXCR4b activation is interpreted intracellularly into directional migration are ..
- Chatterjee M, Guo Q, Weber S, Scholpp S, LI J. Pax6 regulates the formation of the habenular nuclei by controlling the temporospatial expression of Shh in the diencephalon in vertebrates. BMC Biol. 2014;12:13 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Shh mediates Pax6 function in regulating the partition of the p2 domain into the epithalamus and thalamus. ..
- He Y, Wang Z, Sun S, Tang D, Li W, Chai R, et al. HDAC3 Is Required for Posterior Lateral Line Development in Zebrafish. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:5103-17 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that HDAC3 plays a crucial role in regulating posterior lateral line (PLL) formation and provide evidence for epigenetic regulation in auditory organ development. ..
- Wilson A, Shen Y, Babb Clendenon S, Rostedt J, Liu B, Barald K, et al. Cadherin-4 plays a role in the development of zebrafish cranial ganglia and lateral line system. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:893-902 pubmed..These results indicate that Cdh4 plays a role in the normal formation of the zebrafish lateral line system and a subset of the cranial ganglia. ..
- Jopling C, Suñé G, Faucherre A, Fabregat C, Izpisua Belmonte J. Hypoxia induces myocardial regeneration in zebrafish. Circulation. 2012;126:3017-27 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that hypoxia plays a positive role during heart regeneration, which should be taken into account in future strategies aimed at inducing heart regeneration in humans. ..
- Gross Thebing T, Paksa A, Raz E. Simultaneous high-resolution detection of multiple transcripts combined with localization of proteins in whole-mount embryos. BMC Biol. 2014;12:55 pubmed publisher..Such a protocol would contribute to biomedical research and clinical diagnostics by providing information regarding the three-dimensional expression pattern of clinical markers. ..
- Palevitch O, Abraham E, Borodovsky N, Levkowitz G, Zohar Y, Gothilf Y. Cxcl12a-Cxcr4b signaling is important for proper development of the forebrain GnRH system in zebrafish. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2010;165:262-8 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated whether the chemokine receptor, Cxcr4b, and its cognate ligand, Cxcl12a, are required for proper migration of GnRH3 neurons in zebrafish...
- Han H, Chou C, Chu C, Cheng C, Yang C, Hung C, et al. The Nogo-C2/Nogo receptor complex regulates the morphogenesis of zebrafish lateral line primordium through modulating the expression of dkk1b, a Wnt signal inhibitor. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e86345 pubmed publisher..We thus suggest that a novel Nogo-C2 complex, consisting of Nogo-C2, NgRH1a, p75, and TROY, regulates Fgf signaling and dkk1b expression, thereby ensuring stable organization of the PLL primordium. ..
- Yang C, Cambier C, Davis J, Hall C, Crosier P, Ramakrishnan L. Neutrophils exert protection in the early tuberculous granuloma by oxidative killing of mycobacteria phagocytosed from infected macrophages. Cell Host Microbe. 2012;12:301-12 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a mechanistic link to the observed patterns of neutrophils in human tuberculous granulomas and the susceptibility of humans with chronic granulomatous disease to mycobacterial infection. ..
- Reichman Fried M, Minina S, Raz E. Autonomous modes of behavior in primordial germ cell migration. Dev Cell. 2004;6:589-96 pubmed..Together, these behavioral modes allow the cells to arrive at specific destinations with high fidelity and remain at their target site. ..
- Bhat N, Kwon H, Riley B. A gene network that coordinates preplacodal competence and neural crest specification in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2013;373:107-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified a gene regulatory network that coordinates development of NC, PPE and individual placodes in zebrafish. ..
- Liu W, Chen J, Hsu C, Li Y, Chen Y, Lin C, et al. A zebrafish model of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma by dual expression of hepatitis B virus X and hepatitis C virus core protein in liver. Hepatology. 2012;56:2268-76 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that TGF-?1 plays an important role in HBx- and HCP-induced ICC development. This in vivo model is a potential approach to study the molecular events of fibrosis and ICC occurring in HBV and HCV infection. ..
- HÃ¼sken U, Stickney H, Gestri G, Bianco I, Faro A, Young R, et al. Tcf7l2 is required for left-right asymmetric differentiation of habenular neurons. Curr Biol. 2014;24:2217-27 pubmed publisher..Tcf7l2 is essential for lateralized fate selection by habenular neurons that can differentiate along two alternative pathways, thereby leading to major neural circuit asymmetries. ..
- Xu H, Ye D, Behra M, Burgess S, Chen S, Lin F. G?1 controls collective cell migration by regulating the protrusive activity of leader cells in the posterior lateral line primordium. Dev Biol. 2014;385:316-27 pubmed publisher..by the leader cells at the leading edge of the pLLP, which express the G protein-coupled chemokine receptor Cxcr4b and respond to the chemokine Cxcl12a...
- Yanicostas C, Ernest S, Dayraud C, Petit C, Soussi Yanicostas N. Essential requirement for zebrafish anosmin-1a in the migration of the posterior lateral line primordium. Dev Biol. 2008;320:469-79 pubmed publisher..However, while the PLLP of kal1a morphants displays highly abnormal morphology, proper expression of the cxcr4b gene suggests that kal1a does not play a role in PLLP differentiation...
- Deng Q, Yoo S, Cavnar P, Green J, Huttenlocher A. Dual roles for Rac2 in neutrophil motility and active retention in zebrafish hematopoietic tissue. Dev Cell. 2011;21:735-45 pubmed publisher..Moreover, excessive neutrophil retention in hematopoietic tissue resulting from a constitutively active CXCR4 mutation in zebrafish warts, hypogammaglobulinemia, infections, and myelokathexis (WHIM) syndrome is partially ..
- Cameron D, Gentile K, Middleton F, Yurco P. Gene expression profiles of intact and regenerating zebrafish retina. Mol Vis. 2005;11:775-91 pubmed
- Duggan C, DeMaria S, Baudhuin A, Stafford D, Ngai J. Foxg1 is required for development of the vertebrate olfactory system. J Neurosci. 2008;28:5229-39 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we identified an evolutionarily conserved requirement for Foxg1 in the development of the vertebrate olfactory system. ..
- Lewellis S, Nagelberg D, Subedi A, Staton A, LeBlanc M, GIRALDEZ A, et al. Precise SDF1-mediated cell guidance is achieved through ligand clearance and microRNA-mediated decay. J Cell Biol. 2013;200:337-55 pubmed publisher..Zebrafish trigeminal sensory neurons express the SDF1 receptor Cxcr4b and encounter multiple SDF1 sources during migration, but ignore all but the correct one...
- Angers A, Drapeau P. Itch is required for lateral line development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e111799 pubmed publisher..the primordium involve interactions between Fgf and Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling and the establishment of specific cxcr4b and cxcr7b cytokine receptor expression domains...
- Svetic V, Hollway G, Elworthy S, Chipperfield T, Davison C, Adams R, et al. Sdf1a patterns zebrafish melanophores and links the somite and melanophore pattern defects in choker mutants. Development. 2007;134:1011-22 pubmed..We thus identify Sdf1 as a key molecule in pigment pattern formation, adding to the growing inventory of its roles in embryonic development...
- McGraw H, Culbertson M, Nechiporuk A. Kremen1 restricts Dkk activity during posterior lateral line development in zebrafish. Development. 2014;141:3212-21 pubmed publisher..Based on our data, we propose a novel mechanism in which Kremen1 modulates Wnt activity by restricting the range of secreted Dkk proteins during collective cell migration in the pLLP. ..
- Paredes Zúñiga S, Morales R, Muñoz Sánchez S, Muñoz Montecinos C, Parada M, Tapia K, et al. CXCL12a/CXCR4b acts to retain neutrophils in caudal hematopoietic tissue and to antagonize recruitment to an injury site in the zebrafish larva. Immunogenetics. 2017;69:341-349 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that zebrafish mutants lacking functional CXCL12a or CXCR4b show disrupted granulopoiesis in the kidney and increased number of circulating neutrophils...
- de Borsetti N, Dean B, Bain E, Clanton J, Taylor R, Gamse J. Light and melatonin schedule neuronal differentiation in the habenular nuclei. Dev Biol. 2011;358:251-61 pubmed publisher..We conclude that light and melatonin schedule the differentiation of neurons and the formation of neural processes in the habenular nuclei. ..
- Tamplin O, Durand E, Carr L, Childs S, Hagedorn E, Li P, et al. Hematopoietic stem cell arrival triggers dynamic remodeling of the perivascular niche. Cell. 2015;160:241-52 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide evidence for dynamic niche interactions upon stem cell colonization. PAPERFLICK: ..
- Breau M, Wilkinson D, Xu Q. A Hox gene controls lateral line cell migration by regulating chemokine receptor expression downstream of Wnt signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:16892-7 pubmed publisher..The directed migration of the cell cluster along the path of Sdf1a chemokine requires two receptors, Cxcr4b and Cxcr7b, which are expressed in the leading and trailing part of the primordium, respectively...
- Allena R, Maini P. Reaction-diffusion finite element model of lateral line primordium migration to explore cell leadership. Bull Math Biol. 2014;76:3028-50 pubmed publisher..The Wnt/ÃŸ-catenin-FGF and cxcr4b-cxcr7b signalling pathways inside the cohort regulating the migration are described through coupled reaction-..
- Schlueter P, Sang X, Duan C, Wood A. Insulin-like growth factor receptor 1b is required for zebrafish primordial germ cell migration and survival. Dev Biol. 2007;305:377-87 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest a novel role for IGF signaling in early germline development, potentially via cross-talk with chemokine signaling pathways. ..
- Rentzsch F, Kramer C, Hammerschmidt M. Specific and conserved roles of TAp73 during zebrafish development. Gene. 2003;323:19-30 pubmed..Together, our data point to both conserved and class-specific roles of p73 during vertebrate development. ..