Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cxcl12b
Description: chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 12b (stromal cell-derived factor 1)
Alias: SDF1b, cxc112b, sdf-1b, zgc:136720, chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 12b (stromal cell-derived factor 1)
- Staton A, Knaut H, Giraldez A. miRNA regulation of Sdf1 chemokine signaling provides genetic robustness to germ cell migration. Nat Genet. 2011;43:204-11 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that losing miRNA-mediated regulation can expose otherwise buffered genetic lesions leading to developmental defects. ..
- Hess I, Boehm T. Intravital imaging of thymopoiesis reveals dynamic lympho-epithelial interactions. Immunity. 2012;36:298-309 pubmed publisher..Thymocyte development appears to be completed in less than 4 days. Our work establishes a versatile model for the in vivo observation and manipulation of thymopoiesis. ..
- Doitsidou M, Reichman Fried M, Stebler J, Köprunner M, Dörries J, Meyer D, et al. Guidance of primordial germ cell migration by the chemokine SDF-1. Cell. 2002;111:647-59 pubmed..Finally, we show that the PGCs can be attracted toward an ectopic source of the chemokine, strongly suggesting that this molecule provides a key directional cue for the PGCs. ..
- Knaut H, Werz C, Geisler R, NUSSLEIN VOLHARD C. A zebrafish homologue of the chemokine receptor Cxcr4 is a germ-cell guidance receptor. Nature. 2003;421:279-82 pubmed
- Fujita M, Cha Y, Pham V, Sakurai A, Roman B, Gutkind J, et al. Assembly and patterning of the vascular network of the vertebrate hindbrain. Development. 2011;138:1705-15 pubmed publisher..cxcr4a is expressed in migrating endothelial cells of the primordial hindbrain channels, whereas its ligand cxcl12b is expressed in the hindbrain neural keel immediately adjacent to the assembling basilar artery...
- Li Q, Shirabe K, Kuwada J. Chemokine signaling regulates sensory cell migration in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2004;269:123-36 pubmed..These data demonstrate that SDF-1 signaling mediated via CXCR4 functions as a chemoattractant for the migrating primordium and that chemokine signaling is both necessary and sufficient for directing primordium migration. ..
- Siekmann A, Standley C, Fogarty K, Wolfe S, Lawson N. Chemokine signaling guides regional patterning of the first embryonic artery. Genes Dev. 2009;23:2272-7 pubmed publisher..b>Cxcl12b, a cxcr4a ligand, is expressed in endoderm underlying the lateral aortae, and loss of cxcl12b phenocopies cxcr4a ..
- Boer E, Howell E, Schilling T, Jette C, Stewart R. Fascin1-dependent Filopodia are required for directional migration of a subset of neural crest cells. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1004946 pubmed publisher..We also show that fscn1a-dependent NC migration functions through cxcr4a/cxcl12b chemokine signaling to ensure the fidelity of directional cell migration...
- Garg A, Vandenberk L, Fang S, Fasche T, Van Eygen S, Maes J, et al. Pathogen response-like recruitment and activation of neutrophils by sterile immunogenic dying cells drives neutrophil-mediated residual cell killing. Cell Death Differ. 2017;24:832-843 pubmed publisher..Thus sterile immunogenic dying cells perform 'altered-self mimicry' in certain contexts to exploit neutrophils for phagocytic targeting of dead/dying cancer cells and cytotoxic targeting of residual cancer cells. ..
- Palevitch O, Abraham E, Borodovsky N, Levkowitz G, Zohar Y, Gothilf Y. Cxcl12a-Cxcr4b signaling is important for proper development of the forebrain GnRH system in zebrafish. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2010;165:262-8 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest that the Cxcl12a-Cxcr4b ligand-receptor pair are involved in the migration of GnRH3 neurons in zebrafish, and are therefore crucial for the development of this system. ..
- Lewellis S, Nagelberg D, Subedi A, Staton A, LeBlanc M, GIRALDEZ A, et al. Precise SDF1-mediated cell guidance is achieved through ligand clearance and microRNA-mediated decay. J Cell Biol. 2013;200:337-55 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest an "attractive path" model in which migrating cells closely follow a dynamic SDF1a source that is refined on a transcript and protein level by miR-430 and Cxcr7b, respectively. ..
- Marín Juez R, Marass M, Gauvrit S, Rossi A, Lai S, Materna S, et al. Fast revascularization of the injured area is essential to support zebrafish heart regeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:11237-11242 pubmed..Our work also paves the way for future studies designed to understand the molecular mechanisms that regulate fast revascularization. ..
- Boldajipour B, Doitsidou M, Tarbashevich K, Laguri C, Yu S, Ries J, et al. Cxcl12 evolution--subfunctionalization of a ligand through altered interaction with the chemokine receptor. Development. 2011;138:2909-14 pubmed publisher..Such specialization increases the complexity and flexibility of chemokine signaling in controlling concurrent developmental processes. ..
- Theodore L, Hagedorn E, Cortes M, Natsuhara K, Liu S, Perlin J, et al. Distinct Roles for Matrix Metalloproteinases 2 and 9 in Embryonic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Emergence, Migration, and Niche Colonization. Stem Cell Reports. 2017;8:1226-1241 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate Mmp2 and Mmp9 play distinct but complementary roles in developmental HSPC production and migration. ..
- Valcarce D, Vuelta E, Robles V, Herraez M. Paternal exposure to environmental 17-alpha-ethinylestradiol concentrations modifies testicular transcription, affecting the sperm transcript content and the offspring performance in zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;193:18-29 pubmed publisher..of genes involved in lymphatic development (vegfc and vegfr3) and endothelial cell migration guidance (cxcr4a and cxcl12b). Estrogen receptor (ER) transcript presence was also evaluated in sperm, testis and embryos...
- Schier A. Chemokine signaling: rules of attraction. Curr Biol. 2003;13:R192-4 pubmed..The chemokine SDF-1 and its receptor CXCR4 control cell migration in the immune and nervous systems. Recent studies in zebrafish have shown that SDF-1 and CXCR4 also guide the migration of germ cells and sensory organs of the lateral line. ..
- Herpin A, Fischer P, Liedtke D, Kluever N, Neuner C, Raz E, et al. Sequential SDF1a and b-induced mobility guides Medaka PGC migration. Dev Biol. 2008;320:319-27 pubmed publisher..of the source of SDF1a, Medaka PGC movements are shown to be the consequence of a combination of active SDF1a and SDF1b-guided migration...
- Seth A, Culverwell J, Walkowicz M, Toro S, Rick J, Neuhauss S, et al. belladonna/(Ihx2) is required for neural patterning and midline axon guidance in the zebrafish forebrain. Development. 2006;133:725-35 pubmed..Our analysis reveals new roles for Ihx2 in midline axon guidance, forebrain patterning and eye morphogenesis. ..
- Nair S, Schilling T. Chemokine signaling controls endodermal migration during zebrafish gastrulation. Science. 2008;322:89-92 pubmed publisher..We show that the chemokine Cxcl12b and its receptor Cxcr4a restrict anterior migration of the endoderm during zebrafish gastrulation, thereby ..
- Chalasani S, Sabol A, Xu H, Gyda M, Rasband K, Granato M, et al. Stromal cell-derived factor-1 antagonizes slit/robo signaling in vivo. J Neurosci. 2007;27:973-80 pubmed..These results demonstrate that endogenous levels of SDF1 antagonize the repellent effects of slit/robo signaling in vivo and that this antagonism is important during axonal pathfinding. ..
- Pillay L, Mackowetzky K, Widen S, Waskiewicz A. Somite-Derived Retinoic Acid Regulates Zebrafish Hematopoietic Stem Cell Formation. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0166040 pubmed publisher..RA-depleted embryos also exhibit a severe reduction in the expression of cxcr4a, the predominant Cxcl12b receptor...
- Paksa A, Bandemer J, Hoeckendorf B, Razin N, Tarbashevich K, Minina S, et al. Repulsive cues combined with physical barriers and cell-cell adhesion determine progenitor cell positioning during organogenesis. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11288 pubmed publisher..The combination of these developmental and cellular mechanisms prevents organ fusion, controls organ positioning and is thus critical for its proper function. ..
- Tulotta C, Stefanescu C, Beletkaia E, Bussmann J, Tarbashevich K, Schmidt T, et al. Inhibition of signaling between human CXCR4 and zebrafish ligands by the small molecule IT1t impairs the formation of triple-negative breast cancer early metastases in a zebrafish xenograft model. Dis Model Mech. 2016;9:141-53 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we confirm the validity of the zebrafish as a xenotransplantation model and propose a pharmacological approach to target CXCR4 in TNBC. ..
- Tamplin O, Durand E, Carr L, Childs S, Hagedorn E, Li P, et al. Hematopoietic stem cell arrival triggers dynamic remodeling of the perivascular niche. Cell. 2015;160:241-52 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide evidence for dynamic niche interactions upon stem cell colonization. PAPERFLICK: ..
- Hollway G, Bryson Richardson R, Berger S, Cole N, Hall T, Currie P. Whole-somite rotation generates muscle progenitor cell compartments in the developing zebrafish embryo. Dev Cell. 2007;12:207-19 pubmed..We also show that formation of this compartment occurs via whole-somite rotation, a process that requires the action of the Sdf family of secreted cytokines. ..
- Torraca V, Cui C, Boland R, Bebelman J, van der Sar A, Smit M, et al. The CXCR3-CXCL11 signaling axis mediates macrophage recruitment and dissemination of mycobacterial infection. Dis Model Mech. 2015;8:253-69 pubmed publisher..The demonstration of a conserved CXCR3-CXCL11 signaling axis in zebrafish extends the translational applicability of this model for studying diseases involving the innate immune system. ..
- Bussmann J, Schulte Merker S. Rapid BAC selection for tol2-mediated transgenesis in zebrafish. Development. 2011;138:4327-32 pubmed publisher..Importantly, we provide evidence that BAC size shows no apparent correlation to the transgenesis rate achieved and that there are no severe position effects. ..
- Bajoghli B, Aghaallaei N, Hess I, Rode I, Netuschil N, Tay B, et al. Evolution of genetic networks underlying the emergence of thymopoiesis in vertebrates. Cell. 2009;138:186-97 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a framework elucidating the evolution of key features of the adaptive immune system in jawed vertebrates...
- Ulrich F, Carretero Ortega J, MenÃ©ndez J, Narvaez C, Sun B, Lancaster E, et al. Reck enables cerebrovascular development by promoting canonical Wnt signaling. Development. 2016;143:147-59 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings have broad implications for both vascular and cancer biology. ..
- Chen J, Zhu R, Li F, Liang Y, Wang C, Qin Y, et al. MicroRNA-126a Directs Lymphangiogenesis Through Interacting With Chemokine and Flt4 Signaling in Zebrafish. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016;36:2381-2393 pubmed..Our results suggest that these key regulators of lymphangiogenesis may be involved in lymphatic pathogenesis of cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Chong S, Nguyet L, Jiang Y, Korzh V. The chemokine Sdf-1 and its receptor Cxcr4 are required for formation of muscle in zebrafish. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:54 pubmed..This demonstrated a role of chemokine signaling during development of skeletal muscles. ..
- Mich J, Blaser H, Thomas N, Firestone A, Yelon D, Raz E, et al. Germ cell migration in zebrafish is cyclopamine-sensitive but Smoothened-independent. Dev Biol. 2009;328:342-54 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Hh signaling is not required for zebrafish PGC migration, and underscore the importance of regulated cell-cell adhesion for cell migration in vivo. ..
- Ray A, Bhaduri A, Srivastava N, Mazumder S. Identification of novel signature genes attesting arsenic-induced immune alterations in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Hazard Mater. 2017;321:121-131 pubmed publisher..profile of key immune related genes (tlr1, nitr1f, nitr1c, crfb8, socs7, socs3b, abcb3/1, mch1uja, ifn?1-2, cxcl12b and crlf1a) was validated by qPCR...
- Nguyen P, Hollway G, Sonntag C, Miles L, Hall T, Berger S, et al. Haematopoietic stem cell induction by somite-derived endothelial cells controlled by meox1. Nature. 2014;512:314-8 pubmed publisher..This study reveals the molecular basis for a novel somite lineage restriction mechanism and defines a new paradigm in induction of definitive HSCs. ..
- Mahony C, Fish R, Pasche C, Bertrand J. tfec controls the hematopoietic stem cell vascular niche during zebrafish embryogenesis. Blood. 2016;128:1336-45 pubmed publisher..The full comprehension of the mechanisms induced by tfec will represent an important milestone toward the expansion of HSCs for regenerative purposes. ..
- Mahabaleshwar H, Tarbashevich K, Nowak M, Brand M, Raz E. ?-arrestin control of late endosomal sorting facilitates decoy receptor function and chemokine gradient formation. Development. 2012;139:2897-902 pubmed publisher..arrestins thus function in regulating chemokine gradient formation, allowing responding cells to discriminate between alternative migration targets in vivo. ..
- Huising M, van der Meulen T, Flik G, Verburg van Kemenade B. Three novel carp CXC chemokines are expressed early in ontogeny and at nonimmune sites. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:4094-106 pubmed publisher..is an unambiguous orthologue of CXCL14, whereas both others are orthologues of CXCL12, and were named CXCL12a and CXCL12b. Percentages of amino acid identity between each of these carp chemokines and their human and mouse orthologues ..
- Roberson S, Halpern M. Convergence of signaling pathways underlying habenular formation and axonal outgrowth in zebrafish. Development. 2017;144:2652-2662 pubmed publisher..The results define a signaling network underlying the generation of dHb neurons and connectivity with their midbrain target. ..