Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cx55.5
Description: connexin 55.5
Alias: gap junction alpha-9 protein
- Gramage E, D Cruz T, Taylor S, Thummel R, Hitchcock P. Midkine-a protein localization in the developing and adult retina of the zebrafish and its function during photoreceptor regeneration. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0121789 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that during photoreceptor regeneration Mdka regulates aspects of injury-induced cell proliferation. ..
- Watanabe M, Sawada R, Aramaki T, Skerrett I, Kondo S. The Physiological Characterization of Connexin41.8 and Connexin39.4, Which Are Involved in the Striped Pattern Formation of Zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:1053-63 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that functional differences in Cx41.8 and Cx39.4 relate to spot or labyrinth mutant phenotypes and also provide evidence that these two connexins interact in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Ul Hussain M, Dermietzel R, Zoidl G. Characterization of the internal IRES element of the zebrafish connexin55.5 reveals functional implication of the polypyrimidine tract binding protein. BMC Mol Biol. 2008;9:92 pubmed publisher..This observation is of considerable importance and may provide initial insight into molecular-functional relationships of electrical coupling in horizontal cells. ..
- Iovine M, Gumpert A, Falk M, Mendelson T. Cx23, a connexin with only four extracellular-loop cysteines, forms functional gap junction channels and hemichannels. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:165-70 pubmed..Functional assays reveal that the Cx23 gap junctions are capable of sharing neurobiotin, and further, that Cx23 connexins form hemichannels in vitro. ..
- Greb H, Hermann S, Dirks P, Ommen G, Kretschmer V, Schultz K, et al. Complexity of gap junctions between horizontal cells of the carp retina. Neuroscience. 2017;340:8-22 pubmed publisher..Moreover, BLAST searches of the preliminary carp genome, using novel sequences as query, suggest that most of the analyzed connexin genes are duplicated in carp. ..
- Sohl G, Joussen A, Kociok N, Willecke K. Expression of connexin genes in the human retina. BMC Ophthalmol. 2010;10:27 pubmed publisher..Appropriate antibodies against Cx59 and Cx62 protein will clarify expression of these proteins in future studies. ..
- Wang T, Holzhausen L, Kramer R. Imaging an optogenetic pH sensor reveals that protons mediate lateral inhibition in the retina. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:262-8 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that protons mediate lateral inhibition in the retina, raising the possibility that protons are unrecognized retrograde messengers elsewhere in the nervous system. ..
- Weber I, Ramos A, Strzyz P, Leung L, Young S, Norden C. Mitotic position and morphology of committed precursor cells in the zebrafish retina adapt to architectural changes upon tissue maturation. Cell Rep. 2014;7:386-97 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, genetic interference with neuronal subset specification induces ectopic divisions of committed precursors, underlining the finding that progressing morphogenesis can effect precursor division position. ..
- Elliott S, Harvey Girard E, Giassi A, Maler L. Hippocampal-like circuitry in the pallium of an electric fish: Possible substrates for recursive pattern separation and completion. J Comp Neurol. 2017;525:8-46 pubmed publisher..We discuss our results with respect to recent studies on fear avoidance conditioning in zebrafish and attention and spatial learning in a pulse gymnotiform fish. J. Comp. Neurol. 525:8-46, 2017. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..