Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ctsd
Description: cathepsin D
Alias: catD, wu:fb93e11, wu:fj17b09, cathepsin D, LAP, etID16901.18
- Eykelbosh A, Van der Kraak G. A role for the lysosomal protease cathepsin B in zebrafish follicular apoptosis. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2010;156:218-23 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a regulatory role for cathepsin B during follicular apoptosis in zebrafish ovarian follicles. ..
- Follo C, Ozzano M, Montalenti C, Santoro M, Isidoro C. Knockdown of cathepsin D in zebrafish fertilized eggs determines congenital myopathy. Biosci Rep. 2013;33:e00034 pubmed publisherCD (cathepsin D) is a ubiquitous lysosomal hydrolase involved in a variety of pathophysiological functions, including protein turnover, activation of pro-hormones, cell death and embryo development...
- Pfefferli C, Muller F, Jazwinska A, Wicky C. Specific NuRD components are required for fin regeneration in zebrafish. BMC Biol. 2014;12:30 pubmed publisher..These results provide in vivo evidence for the involvement of key epigenetic factors in the cellular reprogramming processes occurring during epimorphic regeneration in zebrafish. ..
- Yu S, Li C, Biswas L, Hu X, Liu F, Reilly J, et al. CERKL gene knockout disturbs photoreceptor outer segment phagocytosis and causes rod-cone dystrophy in zebrafish. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:2335-2345 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CERKL deficiency in zebrafish may cause rod-cone dystrophy, but not cone-rod dystrophy, while interfering with the phagocytosis function of RPE associated with down-regulation of the expression of MERTK. ..
- Riggio M, Scudiero R, Filosa S, Parisi E. Oestrogen-induced expression of a novel liver-specific aspartic proteinase in Danio rerio (zebrafish). Gene. 2002;295:241-6 pubmed..They include related paralogous proteins such as cathepsin D, cathepsin E and pepsin...