Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: crybb1
Description: crystallin, beta B1
Alias: zgc:92706, beta-crystallin B1, crystallin B1
- Meng F, Braasch I, Phillips J, Lin X, Titus T, Zhang C, et al. Evolution of the eye transcriptome under constant darkness in Sinocyclocheilus cavefish. Mol Biol Evol. 2013;30:1527-43 pubmed publisher..These results show that the independent evolution of retinal degeneration in cavefish can occur by different developmental genetic mechanisms. ..
- Das D, Chatti V, Emonet T, Holley S. Patterned Disordered Cell Motion Ensures Vertebral Column Symmetry. Dev Cell. 2017;42:170-180.e5 pubmed publisher..These physical properties of the tissue connect across scales such that patterned disorder at the cellular level leads to the emergence of organism-level order. ..
- Yokoi H, Yan Y, Miller M, Bremiller R, Catchen J, Johnson E, et al. Expression profiling of zebrafish sox9 mutants reveals that Sox9 is required for retinal differentiation. Dev Biol. 2009;329:1-15 pubmed publisher..These roles in eye development were previously unrecognized and reinforce the multiple functions that Sox9 plays in vertebrate development. ..
- Sun L, Nguyen A, Spitsbergen J, Gong Z. Myc-induced liver tumors in transgenic zebrafish can regress in tp53 null mutation. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0117249 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, tumor regression is independent of the function of Tp53. ..
- Chen J, Chang B, Chen Y, Lin C, Wu J, Kuo C. Molecular cloning, developmental expression, and hormonal regulation of zebrafish (Danio rerio) beta crystallin B1, a member of the superfamily of beta crystallin proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;285:105-10 pubmedThe cDNA sequence of beta crystallin B1 was determined from zebrafish (Danio rerio) and compared to the corresponding genes of bovine, rat, chicken, human, and Xenopus...
- Pogoda H, von der Hardt S, Herzog W, Kramer C, Schwarz H, Hammerschmidt M. The proneural gene ascl1a is required for endocrine differentiation and cell survival in the zebrafish adenohypophysis. Development. 2006;133:1079-89 pubmed..Together, this suggests that Ascl1a might act downstream of diencephalic Fgf3 signaling to mediate some of the effects of Fgf3 on the developing adenohypophysis...
- Shimada N, Moorman S. Changes in gravitational force cause changes in gene expression in the lens of developing zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:2686-94 pubmed..These results support the idea that Deltag influences hsp70 expression and differentiation in lens-specific and developmental period specific manners and that hsp family genes play a specific role in the response to Deltag. ..
- Wages P, Horwitz J, Ding L, Corbin R, Posner M. Changes in zebrafish (Danio rerio) lens crystallin content during development. Mol Vis. 2013;19:408-17 pubmed..Similarities with mammalian crystallin expression continue to support the use of the zebrafish as a model for lens crystallin function. ..
- Hou H, Kuo M, Luo Y, Chang B. Recapitulation of human betaB1-crystallin promoter activity in transgenic zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:435-43 pubmed..These data suggest that the fundamental transcriptional regulatory mechanism of the betaB1-crystallin gene has been well conserved between humans and zebrafish, and plausibly among all vertebrates, during evolution. ..
- JÃ¼lich D, Cobb G, Melo A, McMillen P, Lawton A, Mochrie S, et al. Cross-Scale Integrin Regulation Organizes ECM and Tissue Topology. Dev Cell. 2015;34:33-44 pubmed publisher..This cross-scale regulation of Integrin activation organizes a stereotypic pattern of ECM necessary for vertebrate body elongation and segmentation. ..
- Gurung R, Ono Y, Baxendale S, Lee S, Moore S, Calvert M, et al. A Zebrafish Model for a Human Myopathy Associated with Mutation of the Unconventional Myosin MYO18B. Genetics. 2017;205:725-735 pubmed publisher..We show that sarcomeric assembly is blocked at an early stage in fro mutants, leading to the disorganized accumulation of actin, myosin, and ?-actinin and a complete loss of myofibrillar organization in fast-twitch muscles. ..
- Gómez Requeni P, de Vareilles M, Kousoulaki K, Jordal A, Conceição L, Rønnestad I. Whole body proteome response to a dietary lysine imbalance in zebrafish Danio rerio. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2011;6:178-86 pubmed publisher..Excess Lys was accompanied by an up-regulation of proteins related to glycolysis, steroidogenesis and sexual maturation. ..
- Subedi A, Macurak M, Gee S, Monge E, Goll M, Potter C, et al. Adoption of the Q transcriptional regulatory system for zebrafish transgenesis. Methods. 2014;66:433-40 pubmed publisher..The adoption of the Q system should greatly increase the versatility and power of transgenic approaches for regulating gene expression in zebrafish. ..
- Nowak M, Koster C, Hammerschmidt M. Perp is required for tissue-specific cell survival during zebrafish development. Cell Death Differ. 2005;12:52-64 pubmed..We conclude that, in contrast to its proapoptotic function in stressed cells, Perp plays an antiapoptotic role during normal zebrafish development to regulate tissue-specific cell survival. ..
- McMillen P, Chatti V, JÃ¼lich D, Holley S. A Sawtooth Pattern of Cadherin 2 Stability Mechanically Regulates Somite Morphogenesis. Curr Biol. 2016;26:542-9 pubmed publisher..Throughout somitogenesis, Cdh2 promotes ECM assembly along tissue boundaries and inhibits ECM assembly in the tissue mesenchyme. ..
- Falisse E, Voisin A, Silvestre F. Impacts of triclosan exposure on zebrafish early-life stage: Toxicity and acclimation mechanisms. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;189:97-107 pubmed publisher..This research highlighted oxidative stress and neurotoxicity as major toxicity mechanisms of TCS during development. ..