Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cryaa
Description: crystallin, alpha A
Alias: wu:fc06h04, zgc:92036, alpha-crystallin A chain, [a]A-crystallin, hspb4
- Laganowsky A, Eisenberg D. Non-3D domain swapped crystal structure of truncated zebrafish alphaA crystallin. Protein Sci. 2010;19:1978-84 pubmed publisher..This duality provides another molecular mechanism for alpha crystallin proteins to maintain the polydispersity that is crucial for eye lens transparency. ..
- Choe C, Collazo A, Trinh L, Pan L, Moens C, Crump J. Wnt-dependent epithelial transitions drive pharyngeal pouch formation. Dev Cell. 2013;24:296-309 pubmed publisher..We propose that this dynamic control of epithelial morphology by Wnt signaling may be a common theme for the budding of organ anlagen from the endoderm. ..
- Berger J, Currie P. 503unc, a small and muscle-specific zebrafish promoter. Genesis. 2013;51:443-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that the 503unc promoter is a small and muscle-specific promoter that drives robust gene expression throughout the zebrafish musculature, making it a valuable tool for the exploration of zebrafish muscle. ..
- Shi X, Luo Y, Howley S, Dzialo A, Foley S, Hyde D, et al. Zebrafish foxe3: roles in ocular lens morphogenesis through interaction with pitx3. Mech Dev. 2006;123:761-82 pubmed..These data demonstrate that Foxe3 is necessary for lens development in zebrafish and that foxe3 lies genetically downstream of pitx3 in a zebrafish lens development pathway. ..
- Goishi K, Shimizu A, Najarro G, Watanabe S, Rogers R, Zon L, et al. AlphaA-crystallin expression prevents gamma-crystallin insolubility and cataract formation in the zebrafish cloche mutant lens. Development. 2006;133:2585-93 pubmed..In addition, these results show that proteomics is a valuable tool for detecting protein alterations in zebrafish. ..
- Kurita R, Sagara H, Aoki Y, Link B, Arai K, Watanabe S. Suppression of lens growth by alphaA-crystallin promoter-driven expression of diphtheria toxin results in disruption of retinal cell organization in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2003;255:113-27 pubmed..These results suggest that the differentiated lens plays a critical role in the morphogenetic organization of retinal cells during eye development in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Nguyen P, Hollway G, Sonntag C, Miles L, Hall T, Berger S, et al. Haematopoietic stem cell induction by somite-derived endothelial cells controlled by meox1. Nature. 2014;512:314-8 pubmed publisher..This study reveals the molecular basis for a novel somite lineage restriction mechanism and defines a new paradigm in induction of definitive HSCs. ..
- O Shields B, McArthur A, Holowiecki A, Kämper M, Tapley J, Jenny M. Inhibition of endogenous MTF-1 signaling in zebrafish embryos identifies novel roles for MTF-1 in development. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:1818-33 pubmed publisher..Finally, we investigate both the transcriptional activator and transcriptional repressor role of MTF-1 in potential novel target genes identified by transcriptomic profiling during early zebrafish development. ..
- Burrows J, Pearson B, Scott I. An inÂ vivo requirement for the mediator subunit med14 in the maintenance of stem cell populations. Stem Cell Reports. 2015;4:670-84 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show a critical, evolutionarily conserved, inÂ vivo function for Med14 (and Mediator) in stem cell maintenance, distinct from a general role in transcription. ..
- Wang M, Sips P, Khin E, Rotival M, Sun X, Ahmed R, et al. Wars2 is a determinant of angiogenesis. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12061 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate a pro-angiogenic function for Wars2 both within and outside the heart that may have translational relevance given the association of WARS2 with common human diseases. ..
- Murphy T, Vihtelic T, Ile K, Watson C, Willer G, Gregg R, et al. Phosphatidylinositol synthase is required for lens structural integrity and photoreceptor cell survival in the zebrafish eye. Exp Eye Res. 2011;93:460-74 pubmed publisher..These zebrafish cdipt alleles represent excellent in vivo genetic tools to study the role of phosphatidylinositol and its phosphorylated derivatives in lens and photoreceptor development and maintenance. ..
- Waxman J, Keegan B, Roberts R, Poss K, Yelon D. Hoxb5b acts downstream of retinoic acid signaling in the forelimb field to restrict heart field potential in zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2008;15:923-34 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results offer new perspectives on the mechanisms regulating organ size and the possible causes of congenital syndromes affecting both the heart and forelimb. ..
- Askary A, Mork L, Paul S, He X, Izuhara A, Gopalakrishnan S, et al. Iroquois Proteins Promote Skeletal Joint Formation by Maintaining Chondrocytes in an Immature State. Dev Cell. 2015;35:358-65 pubmed publisher..Iroquois proteins may therefore have a conserved role in keeping chondrocytes in an immature state, with the lower levels of cartilage matrix produced by these immature cells contributing to joint flexibility. ..
- Hasegawa T, Hall C, Crosier P, Abe G, Kawakami K, Kudo A, et al. Transient inflammatory response mediated by interleukin-1? is required for proper regeneration in zebrafish fin fold. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that proper levels of Il1b signaling and tissue inflammation, which are tuned by macrophages, play a crucial role in tissue regeneration. ..
- Sawamiphak S, Kontarakis Z, Stainier D. Interferon gamma signaling positively regulates hematopoietic stem cell emergence. Dev Cell. 2014;31:640-53 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings uncover a developmental role for an inflammatory cytokine and place its action downstream of Notch signaling and blood flow to control Stat3 activation and HSC emergence. ..
- Lewellis S, Nagelberg D, Subedi A, Staton A, LeBlanc M, GIRALDEZ A, et al. Precise SDF1-mediated cell guidance is achieved through ligand clearance and microRNA-mediated decay. J Cell Biol. 2013;200:337-55 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest an "attractive path" model in which migrating cells closely follow a dynamic SDF1a source that is refined on a transcript and protein level by miR-430 and Cxcr7b, respectively. ..
- Gut P, Baeza Raja B, Andersson O, Hasenkamp L, Hsiao J, Hesselson D, et al. Whole-organism screening for gluconeogenesis identifies activators of fasting metabolism. Nat Chem Biol. 2013;9:97-104 pubmed publisher..Thus, using a whole-organism screening strategy, this study has identified new small-molecule activators of fasting metabolism. ..
- Andersson O, Adams B, Yoo D, Ellis G, Gut P, Anderson R, et al. Adenosine signaling promotes regeneration of pancreatic ? cells in vivo. Cell Metab. 2012;15:885-94 pubmed publisher..With this whole-organism screen, we identified components of the adenosine pathway that could be therapeutically targeted for the treatment of diabetes...
- Choe C, Crump J. Eph-Pak2a signaling regulates branching of the pharyngeal endoderm by inhibiting late-stage epithelial dynamics. Development. 2015;142:1089-94 pubmed publisher..Integration of Eph-ephrin and Wnt4a signaling through Pak2a thus signals the end of branching morphogenesis by increasing intercellular adhesion that blocks further epithelial rearrangements. ..
- Lu J, Liu K, Schulz N, Karampelias C, Charbord J, Hilding A, et al. IGFBP1 increases ?-cell regeneration by promoting ?- to ?-cell transdifferentiation. EMBO J. 2016;35:2026-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identify IGFBP1 as an endogenous promoter of ?-cell regeneration and highlight its clinical importance in diabetes. ..
- Graf M, Teo Qi Wen E, Sarusie M, Rajaei F, Winkler C. Dmrt5 controls corticotrope and gonadotrope differentiation in the zebrafish pituitary. Mol Endocrinol. 2015;29:187-99 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, its effect on gonadotrope numbers defines a first nongonadal role for a dmrt family member that appears crucial for the activity of the reproductive system. ..
- Otten A, Theunissen T, Derhaag J, Lambrichs E, Boesten I, Winandy M, et al. Differences in Strength and Timing of the mtDNA Bottleneck between Zebrafish Germline and Non-germline Cells. Cell Rep. 2016;16:622-30 pubmed publisher..Bottleneck differences between germline and non-germline cells, due to early differentiation of PGCs, may account for different distribution patterns of familial mutations. ..
- Serifi I, Tzima E, Soupsana K, Karetsou Z, Beis D, Papamarcaki T. The zebrafish homologs of SET/I2PP2A oncoprotein: expression patterns and insights into their physiological roles during development. Biochem J. 2016;473:4609-4627 pubmed..Collectively, our results suggest that seta and setb are required during embryogenesis and play roles in the zebrafish sensory system development. ..
- Hesselson D, Anderson R, Beinat M, Stainier D. Distinct populations of quiescent and proliferative pancreatic beta-cells identified by HOTcre mediated labeling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14896-901 pubmed publisher..g., diabetes mellitus). Our data reveal the existence of distinct populations of beta-cells in vivo and should help develop better strategies to regulate beta-cell differentiation and proliferation. ..
- Marvin M, O Rourke D, Kurihara T, Juliano C, Harrison K, Hutson L. Developmental expression patterns of the zebrafish small heat shock proteins. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:454-63 pubmed..The results of these studies provide a foundation for analysis of sHSP function during normal development and their roles in protecting cells from the effects environmental stressors. ..
- Lin Y, Mok H, Wu Y, Liang S, Hsiao C, Huang C, et al. Comparative proteomics analysis of degenerative eye lenses of nocturnal rice eel and catfish as compared to diurnal zebrafish. Mol Vis. 2013;19:623-37 pubmed
- Bloomekatz J, Singh R, Prall O, Dunn A, Vaughan M, Loo C, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) signaling directs cardiomyocyte movement toward the midline during heart tube assembly. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Together, these data uncover a novel mechanism through which endodermal-myocardial communication can guide the cell movements that initiate cardiac morphogenesis. ..
- Shimada N, Moorman S. Changes in gravitational force cause changes in gene expression in the lens of developing zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:2686-94 pubmed..These results support the idea that Deltag influences hsp70 expression and differentiation in lens-specific and developmental period specific manners and that hsp family genes play a specific role in the response to Deltag. ..
- Choe C, Crump J. Tbx1 controls the morphogenesis of pharyngeal pouch epithelia through mesodermal Wnt11r and Fgf8a. Development. 2014;141:3583-93 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose a two-step model in which Tbx1 coordinates the Wnt-dependent epithelial destabilization of pouch-forming cells with their collective migration towards Fgf8a-expressing mesodermal guideposts. ..
- Choi T, Ninov N, Stainier D, Shin D. Extensive conversion of hepatic biliary epithelial cells to hepatocytes after near total loss of hepatocytes in zebrafish. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:776-88 pubmed publisher..To investigate this issue, we established a zebrafish model of liver regeneration in which the extent of hepatocyte ablation can be controlled...
- Yin L, Maddison L, Li M, Kara N, LaFave M, Varshney G, et al. Multiplex Conditional Mutagenesis Using Transgenic Expression of Cas9 and sgRNAs. Genetics. 2015;200:431-41 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that CRISPR/Cas9-based conditional mutagenesis in zebrafish is not only feasible but rapid and straightforward. ..
- Evason K, Francisco M, Juric V, Balakrishnan S, Lopez Pazmino M, Gordan J, et al. Identification of Chemical Inhibitors of Î²-Catenin-Driven Liver Tumorigenesis in Zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005305 pubmed publisher..In support of this proposal, we found that amitriptyline decreased tumor burden in a mouse HCC model. Our studies implicate JNK inhibitors and antidepressants as potential therapeutics for Î²-catenin-induced liver tumors. ..
- Elicker K, Hutson L. Genome-wide analysis and expression profiling of the small heat shock proteins in zebrafish. Gene. 2007;403:60-9 pubmed..Mutations in any one of a number of sHSPs, including HSP27 (HSPB1), HSP22 (HSPB8), alphaA-crystallin (HSPB4), or alphaB-crystallin (HSPB5) can result in neuronal degeneration, myopathy, and/or cataract in humans...
- Lopez A, Lee S, Wojta K, Ramos E, Klein E, Chen J, et al. A152T tau allele causes neurodegeneration that can be ameliorated in a zebrafish model by autophagy induction. Brain. 2017;140:1128-1146 pubmed publisher..Thus, autophagy-upregulating therapies may be a strategy for the treatment for tauopathies. ..
- Butko E, Distel M, Pouget C, Weijts B, Kobayashi I, Ng K, et al. Gata2b is a restricted early regulator of hemogenic endothelium in the zebrafish embryo. Development. 2015;142:1050-61 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Gata2b functions within hemogenic endothelium from an early stage, whereas Gata2a functions more broadly throughout the vascular system. ..
- Pantoja C, Hoagland A, Carroll E, Karalis V, Conner A, Isacoff E. Neuromodulatory Regulation of Behavioral Individuality in Zebrafish. Neuron. 2016;91:587-601 pubmed publisher..Thus, variation between individuals in neuromodulatory input contributes to individuality in a core adaptive behavior. VIDEO ABSTRACT. ..
- Cortes M, Chen M, Stachura D, Liu S, Kwan W, Wright F, et al. Developmental Vitamin D Availability Impacts Hematopoietic Stem Cell Production. Cell Rep. 2016;17:458-468 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings highlight the relevance of developmental 1,25(OH)D3 availability for definitive hematopoiesis and suggest potential therapeutic utility in HSPC expansion. ..
- Wu S, Zou P, Fuller A, Mishra S, Wang Z, Schey K, et al. Expression of Cataract-linked ?-Crystallin Variants in Zebrafish Reveals a Proteostasis Network That Senses Protein Stability. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:25387-25397 pubmed..Furthermore, our work implicates additional inputs/factors in this underlying proteostasis network and demonstrates the utility of zebrafish as a platform to delineate mechanisms of cataract. ..
- Tornini V, Puliafito A, Slota L, Thompson J, Nachtrab G, Kaushik A, et al. Live Monitoring of Blastemal Cell Contributions during Appendage Regeneration. Curr Biol. 2016;26:2981-2991 pubmed publisher..Our longitudinal clonal analyses of regenerating zebrafish fins provide evidence that connective tissue progenitors are rapidly organized into a scalable blueprint of lost structures. ..
- Gays D, Hess C, Camporeale A, Ala U, Provero P, Mosimann C, et al. An exclusive cellular and molecular network governs intestinal smooth muscle cell differentiation in vertebrates. Development. 2017;144:464-478 pubmed publisher..Together, our data uncover a cascade of molecular events that govern distinct morphogenetic steps during the emergence and differentiation of vertebrate iSMCs. ..
- Levitz J, Pantoja C, Gaub B, Janovjak H, Reiner A, Hoagland A, et al. Optical control of metabotropic glutamate receptors. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:507-16 pubmed publisher..These light-gated mGluRs pave the way for determining the roles of mGluRs in synaptic plasticity, memory and disease. ..
- Chen C, Durand E, Wang J, Zon L, Poss K. zebraflash transgenic lines for in vivo bioluminescence imaging of stem cells and regeneration in adult zebrafish. Development. 2013;140:4988-97 pubmed publisher..Our findings present a versatile resource for monitoring and dissecting vertebrate stem cell and regeneration biology...
- Huttner I, Trivedi G, Jacoby A, Mann S, Vandenberg J, Fatkin D. A transgenic zebrafish model of a human cardiac sodium channel mutation exhibits bradycardia, conduction-system abnormalities and early death. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2013;61:123-32 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled "Na(+) Regulation in Cardiac Myocytes". ..
- Kikuchi K, Gupta V, Wang J, Holdway J, Wills A, Fang Y, et al. tcf21+ epicardial cells adopt non-myocardial fates during zebrafish heart development and regeneration. Development. 2011;138:2895-902 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that natural epicardial fates are limited to non-myocardial cell types in zebrafish. ..
- Chiba A, Watanabe Takano H, Terai K, Fukui H, Miyazaki T, Uemura M, et al. Osteocrin, a peptide secreted from the heart and other tissues, contributes to cranial osteogenesis and chondrogenesis in zebrafish. Development. 2017;144:334-344 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that Ostn secreted from the heart contributes to bone formation as an endocrine hormone. ..
- Lane B, Lister J. Otx but not Mitf transcription factors are required for zebrafish retinal pigment epithelium development. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49357 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that one or more Otx targets in addition to mitfa and mitfb, possibly another mitf family member, are necessary for development of the RPE in zebrafish. ..
- Liu J, Stainier D. Tbx5 and Bmp signaling are essential for proepicardium specification in zebrafish. Circ Res. 2010;106:1818-28 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data lead us to propose that Tbx5a confers anterior lateral plate mesodermal cells the competence to respond to Bmp signals and initiate PE development. ..
- Mosimann C, Puller A, Lawson K, Tschopp P, Amsterdam A, Zon L. Site-directed zebrafish transgenesis into single landing sites with the phiC31 integrase system. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:949-963 pubmed publisher..The described reagents are available for distribution to the zebrafish community...
- Sugimoto K, Hui S, Sheng D, Kikuchi K. Dissection of zebrafish shha function using site-specific targeting with a Cre-dependent genetic switch. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..i>Zwitch will extend the utility of zebrafish in organ development and regeneration research and might be applicable to other model organisms. ..
- Koteiche H, Claxton D, Mishra S, Stein R, McDonald E, McHaourab H. Species-Specific Structural and Functional Divergence of Î±-Crystallins: Zebrafish Î±Ba- and Rodent Î±A(ins)-Crystallin Encode Activated Chaperones. Biochemistry. 2015;54:5949-58 pubmed publisher..These results emphasize the role of sequence divergence as an evolutionary strategy to tune chaperone function to the requirements of the tissues and organisms in which they are expressed. ..
- Posner M, Skiba J, Brown M, Liang J, Nussbaum J, Prior H. Loss of the small heat shock protein ?A-crystallin does not lead to detectable defects in early zebrafish lens development. Exp Eye Res. 2013;116:227-33 pubmed publisher..Our demonstration that lens cataracts can be visualized in three-dimensions by confocal microscopy in a living zebrafish provides a new tool for studying the causes, development and prevention of lens opacities. ..
- Abrial M, Paffett Lugassy N, Jeffrey S, Jordan D, O Loughlin E, Frederick C, et al. TGF-? Signaling Is Necessary and Sufficient for Pharyngeal Arch Artery Angioblast Formation. Cell Rep. 2017;20:973-983 pubmed publisher..More broadly, these data uncover TGF-? as a rare signaling pathway that is necessary and sufficient for angioblast lineage commitment. ..
- Kang J, Hu J, Karra R, Dickson A, Tornini V, Nachtrab G, et al. Modulation of tissue repair by regeneration enhancer elements. Nature. 2016;532:201-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence for 'tissue regeneration enhancer elements' (TREEs) that trigger gene expression in injury sites and can be engineered to modulate the regenerative potential of vertebrate organs. ..
- Gerety S, Breau M, Sasai N, Xu Q, Briscoe J, Wilkinson D. An inducible transgene expression system for zebrafish and chick. Development. 2013;140:2235-43 pubmed publisher..We also applied the same inducible system to the chick embryo and find that it is fully functional, suggesting that this strategy is generally applicable. ..
- Li M, Maddison L, Crees Z, Chen W. Targeted overexpression of CKI-insensitive cyclin-dependent kinase 4 increases functional Î²-cell number through enhanced self-replication in zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2013;10:170-6 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that CDK4 inhibition contributes to the limited Î²-cell replication in larval zebrafish. To our knowledge, this is the first example of genetically induced Î²-cell replication in zebrafish. ..
- Kaufman C, Mosimann C, Fan Z, Yang S, Thomas A, Ablain J, et al. A zebrafish melanoma model reveals emergence of neural crest identity during melanoma initiation. Science. 2016;351:aad2197 pubmed publisher..Our work highlights NCP state reemergence as a key event in melanoma initiation. ..
- Priyadarshini M, Tuimala J, Chen Y, Panula P. A zebrafish model of PINK1 deficiency reveals key pathway dysfunction including HIF signaling. Neurobiol Dis. 2013;54:127-38 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that a lack of pink1 in zebrafish alters many vital and critical pathways in addition to the HIF signaling pathway. ..
- Lee Y, Hami D, De Val S, Kagermeier Schenk B, Wills A, Black B, et al. Maintenance of blastemal proliferation by functionally diverse epidermis in regenerating zebrafish fins. Dev Biol. 2009;331:270-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, the fin wound epidermis spatially confines Hh signaling through the activity of Fgf and Wnt pathways, impacting blastemal proliferation during regenerative outgrowth. ..
- Cayuso J, Dzementsei A, Fischer J, Karemore G, Caviglia S, Bartholdson J, et al. EphrinB1/EphB3b Coordinate Bidirectional Epithelial-Mesenchymal Interactions Controlling Liver Morphogenesis and Laterality. Dev Cell. 2016;39:316-328 pubmed publisher..We propose that bidirectional short- and long-distance cell interactions between epithelial and mesenchyme-like tissues coordinate liver bud formation and laterality via cell repulsion. ..
- Ko S, Choi T, Russell J, So J, Monga S, Shin D. Bromodomain and extraterminal (BET) proteins regulate biliary-driven liver regeneration. J Hepatol. 2016;64:316-325 pubmed publisher..BET proteins regulate BEC-driven liver regeneration at multiple steps: BEC dedifferentiation, HB-LC proliferation, the proliferation of newly generated hepatocytes, and hepatocyte maturation. ..
- Rydeen A, Voisin N, D Aniello E, Ravisankar P, Devignes C, Waxman J. Excessive feedback of Cyp26a1 promotes cell non-autonomous loss of retinoic acid signaling. Dev Biol. 2015;405:47-55 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results provide novel insights into the teratogenic mechanisms of RA signaling and the cellular mechanisms by which Cyp26a1 expression can shape a RA gradient. ..
- Cox A, Hwang K, Brown K, Evason K, Beltz S, Tsomides A, et al. Yap reprograms glutamine metabolism to increase nucleotide biosynthesis and enable liver growth. Nat Cell Biol. 2016;18:886-896 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings demonstrate that Yap1 integrates the anabolic demands of tissue growth during development and tumorigenesis by reprogramming nitrogen metabolism to stimulate nucleotide biosynthesis. ..
- Orr N, Arnaout R, Gula L, Spears D, Leong Sit P, Li Q, et al. A mutation in the atrial-specific myosin light chain gene (MYL4) causes familial atrial fibrillation. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11303 pubmed publisher..These findings describe the cause of a rare subtype of AF due to a primary, atrial-specific sarcomeric defect. ..
- Ninov N, Hesselson D, Gut P, Zhou A, Fidelin K, Stainier D. Metabolic regulation of cellular plasticity in the pancreas. Curr Biol. 2013;23:1242-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study reveals critical insights into how cells modulate their plasticity in response to metabolic cues and identifies nutrient-sensitive progenitors in the mature pancreas. ..
- Schwend T, Loucks E, Ahlgren S. Visualization of Gli activity in craniofacial tissues of hedgehog-pathway reporter transgenic zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14396 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrate the Tg(Gli-d:mCherry) fish are a highly useful tool for studying Hh-signaling dependent processes during embryogenesis and larval stages. ..
- Böhm U, Prendergast A, Djenoune L, Nunes Figueiredo S, Gomez J, Stokes C, et al. CSF-contacting neurons regulate locomotion by relaying mechanical stimuli to spinal circuits. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10866 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our study reveals that CSF-cNs constitute a mechanosensory organ operating during locomotion to modulate spinal CPGs. ..
- Morsch M, Radford R, Lee A, Don E, Badrock A, Hall T, et al. In vivo characterization of microglial engulfment of dying neurons in the zebrafish spinal cord. Front Cell Neurosci. 2015;9:321 pubmed publisher..This real-time representation of microglial phagocytosis in the living zebrafish spinal cord provides novel opportunities to study the mechanisms of microglia-mediated neuronal clearance. ..