Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: crhbp
Description: corticotropin releasing hormone binding protein
Alias: zgc:91905, corticotropin-releasing factor-binding protein, CRF-BP
- Alderman S, Bernier N. Localization of corticotropin-releasing factor, urotensin I, and CRF-binding protein gene expression in the brain of the zebrafish, Danio rerio. J Comp Neurol. 2007;502:783-93 pubmed
- Donizetti A, Grossi M, Pariante P, D Aniello E, Izzo G, Minucci S, et al. Two neuron clusters in the stem of postembryonic zebrafish brain specifically express relaxin-3 gene: first evidence of nucleus incertus in fish. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3864-9 pubmed publisher..This pattern indicates both conserved and divergent expression features of the relaxin-3 gene among developing zebrafish and rat brains, where only scattered cells express the gene in the periaqueductal gray. ..
- Manuel R, Zethof J, Flik G, van den Bos R. Providing a food reward reduces inhibitory avoidance learning in zebrafish. Behav Processes. 2015;120:69-72 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that providing rewards at fixed intervals alters fear avoidance behaviour, albeit modestly, in zebrafish. We discuss the data in the context of similar underlying brain structures in mammals and fish. ..
- van den Bos R, Mes W, Galligani P, Heil A, Zethof J, Flik G, et al. Further characterisation of differences between TL and AB zebrafish (Danio rerio): Gene expression, physiology and behaviour at day 5 of the larval stage. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175420 pubmed publisher..These results emphasise that differences between strains need to be taken into account to enhance reproducibility both within, and between, laboratories. ..
- Williams T, Bonham L, Bernier N. High environmental ammonia exposure has developmental-stage specific and long-term consequences on the cortisol stress response in zebrafish. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2017;254:97-106 pubmed publisher..Further, we demonstrate that HEA exposure at the larval stage can have persistent effects on the capacity to respond to stressors in later life. ..
- Manuel R, Gorissen M, Zethof J, Ebbesson L, van de Vis H, Flik G, et al. Unpredictable chronic stress decreases inhibitory avoidance learning in Tuebingen long-fin zebrafish: stronger effects in the resting phase than in the active phase. J Exp Biol. 2014;217:3919-28 pubmed publisher..Our data warrant further studies on the effect of UCS on stress axis-related genes, especially grÎ²; in mammals this receptor has been implicated in glucocorticoid resistance and depression. ..