Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cp
Alias: wu:fi23f10, ceruloplasmin, cer
- Fish R, Vorjohann S, Bena F, Fort A, Neerman Arbez M. Developmental expression and organisation of fibrinogen genes in the zebrafish. Thromb Haemost. 2012;107:158-66 pubmed publisher..This regulatory sequence can now be used for overexpression of transgenes in zebrafish hepatocytes. Our study is a proof-of-concept step towards using zebrafish to model human disease linked to fibrinogen gene mutations. ..
- Jiang Z, Song J, Qi F, Xiao A, An X, Liu N, et al. Exdpf is a key regulator of exocrine pancreas development controlled by retinoic acid and ptf1a in zebrafish. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e293 pubmed publisher..Highly conserved in mammals, the expression level of exdpf appears elevated in several human tumors, suggesting a possible role in tumor pathogenesis...
- Qin W, Chen Z, Zhang Y, Yan R, Yan G, Li S, et al. Nom1 mediates pancreas development by regulating ribosome biogenesis in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e100796 pubmed publisher..This suggests that targeting Pp1? into the nucleolus by Nom1 is important for pancreatic proliferation. Altogether, our studies revealed a new mechanism involving Nom1 in controlling vertebrate exocrine pancreas formation. ..
- Khaliq M, Choi T, So J, Shin D. Id2a is required for hepatic outgrowth during liver development in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2015;138 Pt 3:399-414 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data support the role of Id2a as an important regulator of hepatic outgrowth via modulation of hepatoblast proliferation and survival during liver development in zebrafish. ..
- Thakur P, Stuckenholz C, Rivera M, Davison J, Yao J, Amsterdam A, et al. Lack of de novo phosphatidylinositol synthesis leads to endoplasmic reticulum stress and hepatic steatosis in cdipt-deficient zebrafish. Hepatology. 2011;54:452-62 pubmed publisher..The tractability of hi559 mutant provides a valuable tool to dissect ERSR components, their contribution to molecular pathogenesis, and evaluation of novel therapeutics of NAFLD. ..
- Matthews R, Plumb Rudewiez N, Lorent K, Gissen P, Johnson C, Lemaigre F, et al. Zebrafish vps33b, an ortholog of the gene responsible for human arthrogryposis-renal dysfunction-cholestasis syndrome, regulates biliary development downstream of the onecut transcription factor hnf6. Development. 2005;132:5295-306 pubmed..Furthermore, they show that tissue-specific roles for genes that regulate trafficking of intracellular proteins have been modified during vertebrate evolution. ..
- Qian M, Yao S, Jing L, He J, Xiao C, Zhang T, et al. ENC1-like integrates the retinoic acid/FGF signaling pathways to modulate ciliogenesis of Kupffer's Vesicle during zebrafish embryonic development. Dev Biol. 2013;374:85-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate thatEnc1l is a direct downstream effector of RA and FGF signaling pathways and modulates KV ciliogenesis in the zebrafish embryo. ..
- Lu H, Ma J, Yang Y, Shi W, Luo L. EpCAM is an endoderm-specific Wnt derepressor that licenses hepatic development. Dev Cell. 2013;24:543-53 pubmed publisher..Our results identify EpCAM as the key molecule and its functional mechanism to confer endodermal cells the competence to respond to the liver-inductive Wnt2bb signal. ..
- Zhai G, Gu Q, He J, Lou Q, Chen X, Jin X, et al. Sept6 is required for ciliogenesis in Kupffer's vesicle, the pronephros, and the neural tube during early embryonic development. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:1310-21 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a novel role of sept6 in ciliogenesis during early embryonic development in zebrafish. ..
- Rojo I, de Ilárduya O, Estonba A, Pardo M. Innate immune gene expression in individual zebrafish after Listonella anguillarum inoculation. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2007;23:1285-93 pubmed..hpi) and the expression of genes related to the immune response (il1b, cebpb, tfa, mpx, tnfa, nitr9, tlr22, hsc70, cp, mrlp1, c3b and lyz) in each fish was monitored by means of real-time RT-PCR...
- Burke Z, Thowfeequ S, Tosh D. Liver specification: a new role for Wnts in liver development. Curr Biol. 2006;16:R688-90 pubmed..Secreted Wnt proteins control a diverse array of developmental decisions. A recent analysis of the zebrafish mutant prometheus points to a previously unknown role for Wnts during liver specification. ..
- Tian T, Zhao L, Zhao X, Zhang M, Meng A. A zebrafish gene trap line expresses GFP recapturing expression pattern of foxj1b. J Genet Genomics. 2009;36:581-9 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, this transgenic line may serve as a useful model for dynamic observation of GFP-labeled tissues and organs and for isolation of GFP-labeled cells. ..
- Tsai S, Liu D, Wang W. Fibroblast growth factor (Fgf) signaling pathway regulates liver homeostasis in zebrafish. Transgenic Res. 2013;22:301-14 pubmed publisher..Disruption of the Fgf signal-mediated metabolism might indirectly affect hepatocyte proliferation. ..
- Liu N, Li Z, Pei D, Shu X. Zfyve9a regulates the proliferation of hepatic cells during zebrafish embryogenesis. Int J Dev Biol. 2013;57:773-8 pubmed publisher..We analyzed the expression patterns of liver (cp and fabp10a), pancreas (trypsin and insulin) or gut (fabp2) specific markers to determine whether the formation of ..
- Kim H, Schleiffarth J, Jessurun J, Sumanas S, Petryk A, Lin S, et al. Wnt5 signaling in vertebrate pancreas development. BMC Biol. 2005;3:23 pubmed..This study opens the door for further investigation into a role of Wnt signaling in vertebrate organ development and disease. ..
- Nishimura Y, Sasagawa S, Ariyoshi M, Ichikawa S, Shimada Y, Kawaguchi K, et al. Systems pharmacology of adiposity reveals inhibition of EP300 as a common therapeutic mechanism of caloric restriction and resveratrol for obesity. Front Pharmacol. 2015;6:199 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the inhibition of EP300 might be a common therapeutic mechanism between CR and RSV in adipose tissues of obese individuals. ..
- Lu A, Hu X, Xue J, Zhu J, Wang Y, Zhou G. Gene expression profiling in the skin of zebrafish infected with Citrobacter freundii. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;32:273-83 pubmed publisher..lectin, heat shock proteins, complements), and several different acute phase proteins (transferrin, ceruloplasmin, vitellogenin and alpha-1-microglobulin, etc.) were detected in zebrafish skin...
- Babaei F, Ramalingam R, Tavendale A, Liang Y, Yan L, Ajuh P, et al. Novel blood collection method allows plasma proteome analysis from single zebrafish. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:1580-90 pubmed publisher..Twenty-seven gender-dependent plasma proteins are identified and their biochemical importance discussed. Taken together, this novel technique enables analyses that were previously difficult to perform on zebrafish blood. ..
- Cui S, Erlichman J, Russo P, Haber B, Matthews R. Intrahepatic biliary anomalies in a patient with Mowat-Wilson syndrome uncover a role for the zinc finger homeobox gene zfhx1b in vertebrate biliary development. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2011;52:339-44 pubmed publisher..Our studies underscore the importance of genetic contributions in the etiology of infantile hepatobiliary disorders, including biliary atresia. ..
- Sun Y, Zhang G, He Z, Wang Y, Cui J, Li Y. Effects of copper oxide nanoparticles on developing zebrafish embryos and larvae. Int J Nanomedicine. 2016;11:905-18 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that short-term exposure to CuO NPs at high doses shows hepatotoxicity and neurotoxicity in zebrafish embryos and larvae. ..
- Anderson K, Singer R, Balderes D, Hernandez Lagunas L, Johnson C, Artinger K, et al. The L6 domain tetraspanin Tm4sf4 regulates endocrine pancreas differentiation and directed cell migration. Development. 2011;138:3213-24 pubmed publisher..Identification of a role for Tm4sf4 during endocrine differentiation provides insight into islet progenitor cell behaviors and potential targetable regenerative mechanisms. ..
- Pauli A, Norris M, Valen E, Chew G, Gagnon J, Zimmerman S, et al. Toddler: an embryonic signal that promotes cell movement via Apelin receptors. Science. 2014;343:1248636 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Toddler is an activator of APJ/Apelin receptor signaling, promotes gastrulation movements, and might be the first in a series of uncharacterized developmental signals...
- Li Y, Farooq M, Sheng D, Chandramouli C, Lan T, Mahajan N, et al. Augmenter of liver regeneration (alr) promotes liver outgrowth during zebrafish hepatogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30835 pubmed publisher..The dose-dependent and partial suppression of alr expression through MO-mediated knockdown allows the identification of its late developmental role in vertebrate liver organogenesis. ..
- Cheng P, Lin C, Wu C, Lu Y, Lin C, Chung C, et al. Zebrafish cdx1b regulates expression of downstream factors of Nodal signaling during early endoderm formation. Development. 2008;135:941-52 pubmed publisher..Co-injection of either zebrafish or mouse foxa2 mRNA with the cdx1b MO rescued the expression domains of ceruloplasmin in the liver of 53 hpf injected embryos...
- Zhang Y, Wang L, Zhou W, Wang H, Zhang J, Deng S, et al. Tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2: a novel gene involved in zebrafish central nervous system development. Dev Biol. 2013;381:38-49 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Morpholino knockdown of ztfpi-2 resulted in upregulation of neuronal markers while downregulation of glial markers, providing evidence that the Notch pathway is probably involved in ztfpi-2-mediated CNS development. ..
- Choi T, Ninov N, Stainier D, Shin D. Extensive conversion of hepatic biliary epithelial cells to hepatocytes after near total loss of hepatocytes in zebrafish. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:776-88 pubmed publisher..To investigate this issue, we established a zebrafish model of liver regeneration in which the extent of hepatocyte ablation can be controlled...
- Dalgin G, Prince V. Differential levels of Neurod establish zebrafish endocrine pancreas cell fates. Dev Biol. 2015;402:81-97 pubmed publisher..In summary, differential levels of Neurod are required to generate endocrine pancreas subtypes from precursors during both embryonic and larval stages, and Neurod function is in turn critical to endocrine function. ..
- Shin D, Lee Y, Poss K, Stainier D. Restriction of hepatic competence by Fgf signaling. Development. 2011;138:1339-48 pubmed publisher..These data provide in vivo evidence that endodermal cells outside the liver-forming region retain hepatic competence and show that an extrinsic signal, Fgf10a, negatively regulates hepatic competence. ..
- Gu Q, Yang X, He X, Li Q, Cui Z. Generation and characterization of a transgenic zebrafish expressing the reverse tetracycline transactivator. J Genet Genomics. 2013;40:523-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, this rtTA-transgenic zebrafish can be utilized to dissect functions of genes in a temporal manner. ..
- Manfroid I, Ghaye A, Naye F, Detry N, Palm S, Pan L, et al. Zebrafish sox9b is crucial for hepatopancreatic duct development and pancreatic endocrine cell regeneration. Dev Biol. 2012;366:268-78 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, beta cell recovery after specific ablation is severely compromised in sox9b mutant larvae. Our data position sox9b as a key player in the generation of secondary endocrine cells deriving from pancreatic ducts in zebrafish...
- Sahoo P, Das S, Mahapatra K, Saha J, Baranski M, Ødegård J, et al. Characterization of the ceruloplasmin gene and its potential role as an indirect marker for selection to Aeromonas hydrophila resistance in rohu, Labeo rohita. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:1325-34 pubmed publisherb>Ceruloplasmin is an acute phase protein found to be activated by the host immune system during stress conditions...
- Kim H, Sumanas S, Palencia Desai S, Dong Y, Chen J, Lin S. Genetic analysis of early endocrine pancreas formation in zebrafish. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:194-203 pubmed..Further study on these mutants will reveal important information on novel genes involved in pancreatic islet cell specification and morphogenesis. ..
- Wu J, Choi T, Shin D. tomm22 Knockdown-Mediated Hepatocyte Damages Elicit Both the Formation of Hybrid Hepatocytes and Biliary Conversion to Hepatocytes in Zebrafish Larvae. Gene Expr. 2017;17:237-249 pubmed publisher..This new liver injury model in which both hepatocytes and BECs contribute to regenerated hepatocytes will aid in better understanding the mechanisms of innate liver regeneration in the diseased liver. ..
- Noël E, Casal Sueiro A, Busch Nentwich E, Verkade H, Dong P, Stemple D, et al. Organ-specific requirements for Hdac1 in liver and pancreas formation. Dev Biol. 2008;322:237-50 pubmed publisher..These findings establish zebrafish as a tractable system to investigate chromatin remodelling factor functions in controlling gene expression programmes in vertebrate endodermal organogenesis. ..
- Tahara N, Bessho Y, Matsui T. Celf1 is required for formation of endoderm-derived organs in zebrafish. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:18009-23 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore suggest that Celf1 regulates proper organogenesis of endoderm-derived tissues by regulating the expression of such targets. ..
- Latimer A, Jessen J. Hgf/c-met expression and functional analysis during zebrafish embryogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3904-15 pubmed publisher..Similar to mouse, knockdown of zebrafish Met reduces liver size. Our results suggest a role for Met during endoderm specification and indicate that mechanisms of liver development are conserved between mammals and bony fish. ..
- Zhai G, Song J, Shu T, Yan J, Jin X, He J, et al. LRH-1 senses signaling from phosphatidylcholine to regulate the expansion growth of digestive organs via synergy with Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling in zebrafish. J Genet Genomics. 2017;44:307-317 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence for the crosstalk between the PC/LRH-1 and Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling pathways during the expansion growth of endoderm organs. ..
- Qi F, Song J, Yang H, Gao W, Liu N, Zhang B, et al. Mmp23b promotes liver development and hepatocyte proliferation through the tumor necrosis factor pathway in zebrafish. Hepatology. 2010;52:2158-66 pubmed publisher..Because mmp23b/MMP23B is highly conserved, our findings in zebrafish warrant further investigation of its role in regulating liver development in mammals. ..
- Hong S, Dawid I. Alpha2 macroglobulin-like is essential for liver development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3736 pubmed publisher..This report on A2ML function in zebrafish development provides the first evidence for a specific role of an A2M family gene in liver formation during early embryogenesis in a vertebrate. ..
- Cayuso J, Dzementsei A, Fischer J, Karemore G, Caviglia S, Bartholdson J, et al. EphrinB1/EphB3b Coordinate Bidirectional Epithelial-Mesenchymal Interactions Controlling Liver Morphogenesis and Laterality. Dev Cell. 2016;39:316-328 pubmed publisher..We propose that bidirectional short- and long-distance cell interactions between epithelial and mesenchyme-like tissues coordinate liver bud formation and laterality via cell repulsion. ..
- Lei X, Sun Y, Cai S, Fang Y, Cui J, Li Y. Role of tumor necrosis factor-alpha in zebrafish retinal neurogenesis and myelination. Int J Ophthalmol. 2016;9:831-7 pubmed publisher..using an anti-TNF-? antibody, whole-mount in situ hybridization using a hepatocyte-specific mRNA probe ceruloplasmin (cp), and co-injection of TNF-? MO and TNF-? mRNA...
- Lam S, Lee S, Lin C, Thomsen J, Fu P, Murthy K, et al. Molecular conservation of estrogen-response associated with cell cycle regulation, hormonal carcinogenesis and cancer in zebrafish and human cancer cell lines. BMC Med Genomics. 2011;4:41 pubmed publisher..Our study provides first evidence of molecular conservation of estrogen-responsiveness between zebrafish and human cancer cell lines, hence demonstrating the potential of zebrafish for estrogen-related cancer research. ..
- Yuan Y, Zhang Y, Yao S, Shi H, Huang X, Li Y, et al. The translation initiation factor eIF3i up-regulates vascular endothelial growth factor A, accelerates cell proliferation, and promotes angiogenesis in embryonic development and tumorigenesis. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:28310-23 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that eIF3i is induced by HIF1A under hypoxia and controls normal and tumorigenic angiogenesis through regulating VEGFA protein translation. ..
- Yamauchi H, Miyakawa N, Miyake A, Itoh N. Fgf4 is required for left-right patterning of visceral organs in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2009;332:177-85 pubmed publisher..The present findings indicate that Fgf4 plays a unique role in the LR patterning of visceral organs in zebrafish. ..
- Nair S, Schilling T. Chemokine signaling controls endodermal migration during zebrafish gastrulation. Science. 2008;322:89-92 pubmed publisher..This process may have relevance to human gastrointestinal bifurcations and other organ defects. ..
- Levic D, Minkel J, Wang W, Rybski W, Melville D, Knapik E. Animal model of Sar1b deficiency presents lipid absorption deficits similar to Anderson disease. J Mol Med (Berl). 2015;93:165-76 pubmed publisher..Key messages: Sar1b depletion phenotype in zebrafish resembles Anderson disease deficits. Sar1b deficiency results in multi-organ developmental deficits. Sar1b is required for dietary cholesterol uptake into enterocytes. ..
- Leung L, Wang G, Mourrain P. Imaging zebrafish neural circuitry from whole brain to synapse. Front Neural Circuits. 2013;7:76 pubmed publisher..In doing so, important insights will be gained as to how neural networks generate behaviors and assimilate changes in synaptic connectivity. ..
- Zhao S, Xie P, Li G, Jun C, Cai Y, Xiong Q, et al. The proteomic study on cellular responses of the testes of zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to microcystin-RR. Proteomics. 2012;12:300-12 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, MC-RR damaged the testes and was toxic to the reproductive system of male zebrafish mainly through causing oxidative stress. ..