Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: col1a2
Description: collagen, type I, alpha 2
Alias: alpha2(I), hm:zehn2357, wu:fa98d05, wu:fa99g10, wu:fb04c08, wu:fb11d06, zehn2357, collagen alpha-2(I) chain
- Morvan Dubois G, Le Guellec D, Garrone R, Zylberberg L, Bonnaud L. Phylogenetic analysis of vertebrate fibrillar collagen locates the position of zebrafish alpha3(I) and suggests an evolutionary link between collagen alpha chains and hox clusters. J Mol Evol. 2003;57:501-14 pubmed..An evolutionary scenario is proposed in which phylogenetic relationships of the alpha chains of fibrillar collagens of vertebrates could be related to Hox cluster history. ..
- Sousa S, Valerio F, Jacinto A. A new zebrafish bone crush injury model. Biol Open. 2012;1:915-21 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the new model that we present here may help to identify the key processes that regulate bone fracture and contribute to improve bone repair in humans. ..
- Minchin J, Dahlman I, Harvey C, Mejhert N, Singh M, Epstein J, et al. Plexin D1 determines body fat distribution by regulating the type V collagen microenvironment in visceral adipose tissue. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:4363-8 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings identify Plxnd1 as a novel regulator of VAT growth, body fat distribution, and insulin sensitivity in both zebrafish and humans. ..
- Biava P, Canaider S, Facchin F, Bianconi E, Ljungberg L, Rotilio D, et al. Stem Cell Differentiation Stage Factors from Zebrafish Embryo: A Novel Strategy to Modulate the Fate of Normal and Pathological Human (Stem) Cells. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2015;16:782-92 pubmed..In addition we report the data not yet published about a first protein analysis of the SCDSFs and about their role in a pathological condition like neurodegeneration. ..
- Lin C, Chen J, Loo M, Hsiao C, Chang W, Tsai H. MicroRNA-3906 regulates fast muscle differentiation through modulating the target gene homer-1b in zebrafish embryos. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70187 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-3906 controls [Ca(2+)]i homeostasis in fast muscle through fine tuning homer-1b expression during differentiation to maintain normal muscle development. ..
- de Vrieze E, van Kessel M, Peters H, Spanings F, Flik G, Metz J. Prednisolone induces osteoporosis-like phenotype in regenerating zebrafish scales. Osteoporos Int. 2014;25:567-78 pubmed publisher..An unsurpassed convenience and low cost then make the zebrafish scale a superior model for preclinical studies in osteoporosis research. ..
- Kitamura K, Takahira K, Inari M, Satoh Y, Hayakawa K, Tabuchi Y, et al. Zebrafish scales respond differently to in vitro dynamic and static acceleration: analysis of interaction between osteoblasts and osteoclasts. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2013;166:74-80 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study indicated that osteoclasts have predominant control over bone metabolism via semaphorin 4D expression induced by static acceleration at 3.0×g. ..
- Huitema L, Apschner A, Logister I, Spoorendonk K, Bussmann J, Hammond C, et al. Entpd5 is essential for skeletal mineralization and regulates phosphate homeostasis in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:21372-7 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that Entpd5 represents a previously unappreciated essential player in phosphate homeostasis and skeletal mineralization...
- Day K, Jagadeeswaran P. Microarray analysis of prothrombin knockdown in zebrafish. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2009;43:202-10 pubmed publisher..The identification of these genes regulated by thrombin according to microarray analysis should provide a greater understanding of the effects of thrombin activity in the early vertebrate embryo. ..
- Le Guellec D, Morvan Dubois G, Sire J. Skin development in bony fish with particular emphasis on collagen deposition in the dermis of the zebrafish (Danio rerio). Int J Dev Biol. 2004;48:217-31 pubmed..Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) observations and in situ hybridisation using type I collagen a2 chain (Col1a2) probe...
- Wehner D, Tsarouchas T, Michael A, Haase C, Weidinger G, Reimer M, et al. Wnt signaling controls pro-regenerative Collagen XII in functional spinal cord regeneration in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2017;8:126 pubmed publisher..Here, the authors show that Wnt/?-catenin signaling in fibroblast-like cells at a lesion activates axon re-growth via deposition of Collagen XII. ..
- Vanoevelen J, Janssens A, Huitema L, Hammond C, Metz J, Flik G, et al. Trpv5/6 is vital for epithelial calcium uptake and bone formation. FASEB J. 2011;25:3197-207 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study provides both genetic and functional evidence that transcellular epithelial calcium uptake is vital to sustain life and enable bone formation. ..
- Hammond C, Hinits Y, Osborn D, Minchin J, Tettamanti G, Hughes S. Signals and myogenic regulatory factors restrict pax3 and pax7 expression to dermomyotome-like tissue in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2007;302:504-21 pubmed..Our data show that the relationship between Pax3/7 genes and myogenesis is evolutionarily ancient, but that changes in the MRF targets for particular signals contribute to myogenic differences between species. ..
- Felber K, Elks P, Lecca M, Roehl H. Expression of osterix Is Regulated by FGF and Wnt/Î²-Catenin Signalling during Osteoblast Differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0144982 pubmed publisher..Based upon these data, we propose that FGF and Wnt/Î²-Catenin pathways act in part by directing transcription of osx to promote osteoblast differentiation at sites of bone formation. ..
- Henke K, Daane J, Hawkins M, Dooley C, Busch Nentwich E, Stemple D, et al. Genetic Screen for Postembryonic Development in the Zebrafish (Danio rerio): Dominant Mutations Affecting Adult Form. Genetics. 2017;207:609-623 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results show that dominant screens are a feasible and productive means to identify mutations that can further our understanding of gene function during postembryonic development and in disease. ..
- Rodius S, Nazarov P, Nepomuceno Chamorro I, Jeanty C, GonzÃ¡lez Rosa J, Ibberson M, et al. Transcriptional response to cardiac injury in the zebrafish: systematic identification of genes with highly concordant activity across in vivo models. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:852 pubmed publisher..We identified genes with potential critical roles in the response to cardiac damage in the zebrafish. Their transcriptional activities are reproducible in different in vivo models of cardiac injury. ..
- Huang M, Chang A, Choi M, Zhou D, Anania F, Shin C. Antagonistic interaction between Wnt and Notch activity modulates the regenerative capacity of a zebrafish fibrotic liver model. Hepatology. 2014;60:1753-66 pubmed publisher..Our findings not only elucidate how signaling pathways and cell-cell communications direct the cellular response of HPCs to fibrogenic stimuli, but also identify novel potential therapeutic strategies for chronic liver disease. ..
- Chen J, Galloway J. The development of zebrafish tendon and ligament progenitors. Development. 2014;141:2035-45 pubmed publisher..of several genes known to be enriched in mammalian tendons and ligaments, including scleraxis (scx), collagen 1a2 (col1a2) and tenomodulin (tnmd), or in the tendon-like myosepta of the zebrafish (xirp2a)...
- Wiweger M, de Andrea C, Scheepstra K, Zhao Z, Hogendoorn P. Possible effects of EXT2 on mesenchymal differentiation--lessons from the zebrafish. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2014;9:35 pubmed publisher..Our observations in the ext2-null fish might explain the musculoskeletal defects that are often observed in MO patients. ..
- Johnson A, Turko A, Klaiman J, Johnston E, Gillis T. Cold acclimation alters the connective tissue content of the zebrafish (Danio rerio) heart. J Exp Biol. 2014;217:1868-75 pubmed publisher..Together, these results clearly demonstrate that the zebrafish heart undergoes significant remodeling in response to cold acclimation. ..
- Eames B, Amores A, Yan Y, Postlethwait J. Evolution of the osteoblast: skeletogenesis in gar and zebrafish. BMC Evol Biol. 2012;12:27 pubmed publisher..e., the teleost sister group). We analyzed developing embryos for expression of the structural collagen genes col1a2, col2a1, col10a1, and col11a2 in well-formed cartilage and bone, and studied expression of skeletal regulators, ..
- Shiomi K, Yoshida S, Sawaguchi T, Ishizaki S. A major IgE epitope of rainbow trout collagen alpha2 chain. Shokuhin Eiseigaku Zasshi. 2010;51:153-9 pubmed..Our results strongly suggest that region 941-960 is a major common IgE epitope of fish collagen alpha2 chains. ..
- Wardle F, Odom D, Bell G, Yuan B, Danford T, Wiellette E, et al. Zebrafish promoter microarrays identify actively transcribed embryonic genes. Genome Biol. 2006;7:R71 pubmed..This approach will allow investigators to determine the genomic binding locations of DNA interacting proteins during development and expedite the assembly of the genetic networks that regulate embryogenesis. ..
- van der Meulen T, Schipper H, Van Leeuwen J, Kranenbarg S. Effects of decreased muscle activity on developing axial musculature in nicb107 mutant zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Exp Biol. 2005;208:3675-87 pubmed..In addition, skin stiffness is affected. In conclusion, the lack of muscle fibre activity did not prevent the basal muscle components developing but influenced further organisation and differentiation of these components. ..
- Fisher S, Jagadeeswaran P, Halpern M. Radiographic analysis of zebrafish skeletal defects. Dev Biol. 2003;264:64-76 pubmed..Radiography is a practical screening tool to detect subtle skeletal abnormalities in the adult zebrafish. The identification of chihuahua demonstrates that mutant phenotypes analogous to human skeletal dysplasias will be discovered. ..
- Duran I, Csukasi F, Taylor S, Krakow D, Becerra J, Bombarely A, et al. Collagen duplicate genes of bone and cartilage participate during regeneration of zebrafish fin skeleton. Gene Expr Patterns. 2015;19:60-9 pubmed publisher..We also confirmed the hybrid nature of the fin exoskeleton and provided a complete description of those fibrillar collagens expressed during the formation of the fin skeleton. ..
- Ling I, Rochard L, Liao E. Distinct requirements of wls, wnt9a, wnt5b and gpc4 in regulating chondrocyte maturation and timing of endochondral ossification. Dev Biol. 2017;421:219-232 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the importance of the non-canonical Wnt pathway in regulating coordinated ventral cartilage morphogenesis and ossification. ..