Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: col1a1a
Description: collagen, type I, alpha 1a
Alias: alpha1(I), cb21, col1a1, sb:cb21, sb:cb384, wu:fa99c12, wu:fb02c06, collagen alpha-1(I) chain, chi, chihuahua, collagen, type I, alpha 1, med, microwaved
- Bo L, Liu Z, Zhong Y, Huang J, Chen B, Wang H, et al. Iron deficiency anemia's effect on bone formation in zebrafish mutant. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;475:271-6 pubmed publisher..in the number of calcified vertebrae along with decreased expression of osteoblast novel genes: alpl, runx2a and col1a1a and BMPs signaling genes in osteoblast differentiation: bmp2a and bmp2b...
- Sasagawa S, Nishimura Y, Sawada H, Zhang E, Okabe S, Murakami S, et al. Comparative Transcriptome Analysis Identifies CCDC80 as a Novel Gene Associated with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Front Pharmacol. 2016;7:142 pubmed publisher..Weighted gene co-expression network analysis revealed a connection between CCDC80 and collagen type I alpha 1 (COL1A1) expression...
- Gioia R, Tonelli F, Ceppi I, Biggiogera M, Leikin S, Fisher S, et al. The chaperone activity of 4PBA ameliorates the skeletal phenotype of Chihuahua, a zebrafish model for dominant osteogenesis imperfecta. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:2897-2911 pubmed publisher..We performed a deep characterization of the zebrafish mutant Chihuahua, that carries a G574D (p.G736D) substitution in the Î±1 chain of type I collagen...
- Blum N, Begemann G. Osteoblast de- and redifferentiation are controlled by a dynamic response to retinoic acid during zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2015;142:2894-903 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a mechanism explaining how the osteoblast regenerative program is protected from adverse crosstalk with neighboring fibroblasts that advances our understanding of the regulation of bone repair by RA. ..
- van Eeden F, Granato M, Schach U, Brand M, Furutani Seiki M, Haffter P, et al. Genetic analysis of fin formation in the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Development. 1996;123:255-62 pubmed..Stein und bein (sub) has reduced dorsal and pelvic fins, whereas finless (fls) and wanda (wan) mutants affect all adult fins. Finally, mutations in four genes causing defects in embryonic skin formation will be briefly reported. ..
- Duran I, Marí Beffa M, Santamaria J, Becerra J, Santos Ruiz L. Actinotrichia collagens and their role in fin formation. Dev Biol. 2011;354:160-72 pubmed publisher..The col1a1 dominant mutant chihuahua showed aberrant phenotypes in both actinotrichia and lepidotrichia during fin development and regeneration...
- Zhang X, Zhou Q, Zou W, Hu X. Molecular Mechanisms of Developmental Toxicity Induced by Graphene Oxide at Predicted Environmental Concentrations. Environ Sci Technol. 2017;51:7861-7871 pubmed publisher..Because of the potential developmental toxicity of GO at trace concentrations, government administrators and nanomaterial producers should consider its potential risks prior to the widespread environmental exposure to GO. ..
- Laue K, Pogoda H, Daniel P, van Haeringen A, Alanay Y, von Ameln S, et al. Craniosynostosis and multiple skeletal anomalies in humans and zebrafish result from a defect in the localized degradation of retinoic acid. Am J Hum Genet. 2011;89:595-606 pubmed publisher..This work reveals a physiological role for RA in partitioning skeletal elements and in the maintenance of cranial suture patency. ..
- AshaRani P, Keupp K, Semler O, Wang W, Li Y, Thiele H, et al. Attenuated BMP1 function compromises osteogenesis, leading to bone fragility in humans and zebrafish. Am J Hum Genet. 2012;90:661-74 pubmed publisher..We thus define the molecular and cellular bases of BMP1-dependent osteogenesis and show the importance of this protein for bone formation and stability. ..
- Topczewska J, Shoela R, Tomaszewski J, Mirmira R, Gosain A. The Morphogenesis of Cranial Sutures in Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0165775 pubmed publisher..Here we show RNA in situ hybridization for col1a1a, col2a1a, col10a1, bglap/osteocalcin, fgfr1a, fgfr1b, fgfr2, fgfr3, foxq1, twist2, twist3, runx2a, runx2b, sp7/..
- Cui S, Leyva Vega M, Tsai E, Eauclaire S, Glessner J, Hakonarson H, et al. Evidence from human and zebrafish that GPC1 is a biliary atresia susceptibility gene. Gastroenterology. 2013;144:1107-1115.e3 pubmed publisher..Based on genetic analysis of patients with BA and zebrafish, GPC1 appears to be a BA susceptibility gene. These findings also support a role for Hedgehog signaling in the pathogenesis of BA. ..
- Li N, Kelsh R, Croucher P, Roehl H. Regulation of neural crest cell fate by the retinoic acid and Pparg signalling pathways. Development. 2010;137:389-94 pubmed publisher..These findings might help to increase our understanding of skeletal and obesity-related diseases and aid in the development of stem cell-based regenerative therapies. ..
- Kague E, Roy P, Asselin G, Hu G, Simonet J, Stanley A, et al. Osterix/Sp7 limits cranial bone initiation sites and is required for formation of sutures. Dev Biol. 2016;413:160-72 pubmed publisher..The delay in bone maturation caused by loss of Sp7 leads to unregulated bone formation, revealing a new mechanism for patterning the skull and sutures. ..
- Wehner D, Tsarouchas T, Michael A, Haase C, Weidinger G, Reimer M, et al. Wnt signaling controls pro-regenerative Collagen XII in functional spinal cord regeneration in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2017;8:126 pubmed publisher..Here, the authors show that Wnt/?-catenin signaling in fibroblast-like cells at a lesion activates axon re-growth via deposition of Collagen XII. ..
- Johnson A, Turko A, Klaiman J, Johnston E, Gillis T. Cold acclimation alters the connective tissue content of the zebrafish (Danio rerio) heart. J Exp Biol. 2014;217:1868-75 pubmed publisher..Together, these results clearly demonstrate that the zebrafish heart undergoes significant remodeling in response to cold acclimation. ..
- Huang M, Chang A, Choi M, Zhou D, Anania F, Shin C. Antagonistic interaction between Wnt and Notch activity modulates the regenerative capacity of a zebrafish fibrotic liver model. Hepatology. 2014;60:1753-66 pubmed publisher..Our findings not only elucidate how signaling pathways and cell-cell communications direct the cellular response of HPCs to fibrogenic stimuli, but also identify novel potential therapeutic strategies for chronic liver disease. ..
- Hoffman G, Branam A, Huang G, Pelegri F, Cole W, Wenstrup R, et al. Characterization of the six zebrafish clade B fibrillar procollagen genes, with evidence for evolutionarily conserved alternative splicing within the pro-alpha1(V) C-propeptide. Matrix Biol. 2010;29:261-75 pubmed publisher..Data presented herein provide insights into the nature of clade B procollagen chains and should facilitate their study in the zebrafish model system. ..
- Charvet B, Guiraud A, Malbouyres M, Zwolanek D, Guillon E, Bretaud S, et al. Knockdown of col22a1 gene in zebrafish induces a muscular dystrophy by disruption of the myotendinous junction. Development. 2013;140:4602-13 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that COLXXII contributes to the stabilization of myotendinous junctions and strengthens skeletal muscle attachments during contractile activity...
- Carlson P, Smalley D, Van Beneden R. Proteomic analysis of arsenic-exposed zebrafish (Danio rerio) identifies altered expression in proteins involved in fibrosis and lipid uptake in a gender-specific manner. Toxicol Sci. 2013;134:83-91 pubmed publisher..The changes presented here seem to be most prevalent in lipid transport and metabolic pathways, suggesting a potential increase in fibrosis in males and decreased lipid accumulation and uptake in females. ..
- Liu Q, Basu N, Goetz G, Jiang N, Hutz R, Tonellato P, et al. Differential gene expression associated with dietary methylmercury (MeHg) exposure in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) and zebrafish (Danio rerio). Ecotoxicology. 2013;22:740-51 pubmed publisher..Our conclusion is that biomarker analysis for aquatic toxicant assessment using fish needs to be based on tissue-, sex- and species-specific consideration. ..
- Niu N, Shao R, Yan G, Zou W. Bromodomain and Extra-terminal (BET) Protein Inhibitors Suppress Chondrocyte Differentiation and Restrain Bone Growth. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:26647-26657 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that BET bromodomain inhibition may have side effects on skeletal bone structures. ..
- Kawasaki K. The SCPP gene repertoire in bony vertebrates and graded differences in mineralized tissues. Dev Genes Evol. 2009;219:147-57 pubmed publisher..These results show graded differences in mineralized dental tissues and reinforce the hypothesis that bone-dentin-enameloid-enamel constitutes an evolutionary continuum...
- Baas D, Malbouyres M, Haftek Terreau Z, Le Guellec D, Ruggiero F. Craniofacial cartilage morphogenesis requires zebrafish col11a1 activity. Matrix Biol. 2009;28:490-502 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the defects observed in cartilage formation resemble those observed in human chondrodysplasia such as the Stickler/Marshall syndrome. Zebrafish represent a novel reliable vertebrate model for collagen XI collagenopathies. ..
- Albertson R, Yan Y, Titus T, Pisano E, Vacchi M, Yelick P, et al. Molecular pedomorphism underlies craniofacial skeletal evolution in Antarctic notothenioid fishes. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:4 pubmed publisher..Our data support the hypothesis that early shifts in the relative timing of craniofacial skeletal gene expression may have had a significant impact on the adaptive radiation of Antarctic notothenioids into pelagic habitats. ..
- Landgraf K, Schuster S, Meusel A, Garten A, Riemer T, Schleinitz D, et al. Short-term overfeeding of zebrafish with normal or high-fat diet as a model for the development of metabolically healthy versus unhealthy obesity. BMC Physiol. 2017;17:4 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that zebrafish represents an attractive model to study regulatory mechanisms involved in the determination of AT phenotype during development of metabolically healthy versus metabolically unhealthy obesity. ..
- Dubois G, Haftek Z, Crozet C, Garrone R, Le Guellec D. Structure and spatio temporal expression of the full length DNA complementary to RNA coding for alpha2 type I collagen of zebrafish. Gene. 2002;294:55-65 pubmed..alpha2 mRNA were also detected in other tissues such as the tail fin primordium and the notochord primordium suggesting a participation of type I collagen in a pathway for notochord and tail formation. ..
- Morvan Dubois G, Le Guellec D, Garrone R, Zylberberg L, Bonnaud L. Phylogenetic analysis of vertebrate fibrillar collagen locates the position of zebrafish alpha3(I) and suggests an evolutionary link between collagen alpha chains and hox clusters. J Mol Evol. 2003;57:501-14 pubmed..An evolutionary scenario is proposed in which phylogenetic relationships of the alpha chains of fibrillar collagens of vertebrates could be related to Hox cluster history. ..
- Rekha R, Amali A, Her G, Yeh Y, Gong H, Hu S, et al. Thioacetamide accelerates steatohepatitis, cirrhosis and HCC by expressing HCV core protein in transgenic zebrafish Danio rerio. Toxicology. 2008;243:11-22 pubmed
- Mangos S, Lam P, Zhao A, Liu Y, Mudumana S, Vasilyev A, et al. The ADPKD genes pkd1a/b and pkd2 regulate extracellular matrix formation. Dis Model Mech. 2010;3:354-65 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that pkd1a/b and pkd2 interact to regulate ECM secretion or assembly, and that altered matrix integrity may be a primary defect underlying ADPKD tissue pathologies. ..
- Lin J, Chang L, Lai C, Lin K, Lin M, Yang C, et al. Development of an Animal Model for Alcoholic Liver Disease in Zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2015;12:271-80 pubmed publisher..As these data reflect characteristic liver damage by alcohol in humans, this zebrafish animal model may serve as a powerful tool to study the pathogenesis and treatment of ALD and its related disorders in humans. ..