Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: col10a1a
Description: collagen, type X, alpha 1a
Alias: col10a1, fa66d11, wu:fa66d11, wu:fb10c08, collagen alpha-1(X) chain, collagen, type X, alpha 1
- Albertson R, Yan Y, Titus T, Pisano E, Vacchi M, Yelick P, et al. Molecular pedomorphism underlies craniofacial skeletal evolution in Antarctic notothenioid fishes. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:4 pubmed publisher..Our data support the hypothesis that early shifts in the relative timing of craniofacial skeletal gene expression may have had a significant impact on the adaptive radiation of Antarctic notothenioids into pelagic habitats. ..
- Smith A, Avaron F, Guay D, Padhi B, Akimenko M. Inhibition of BMP signaling during zebrafish fin regeneration disrupts fin growth and scleroblasts differentiation and function. Dev Biol. 2006;299:438-54 pubmed..runx2a/b and their target col10a1 were downregulated following BMP signaling inhibition...
- Clément A, Wiweger M, von der Hardt S, Rusch M, Selleck S, Chien C, et al. Regulation of zebrafish skeletogenesis by ext2/dackel and papst1/pinscher. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000136 pubmed publisher..In contrast, pic(-/-) chondrocytes always act autonomously and can disrupt the morphology of neighbouring wild-type cells. These findings lead to the development of a new model to explain the aetiology of HME. ..
- Mitchell R, Huitema L, Skinner R, Brunt L, Severn C, Schulte Merker S, et al. New tools for studying osteoarthritis genetics in zebrafish. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2013;21:269-78 pubmed publisher..We identified the zebrafish homologues for Mcf2l, Gdf5, PthrP/Pthlh, Col9a2, and Col10a1 from the Ensembl genome browser...
- Green J, Taylor J, Hindes A, Johnson S, Goldsmith M. A gain of function mutation causing skeletal overgrowth in the rapunzel mutant. Dev Biol. 2009;334:224-34 pubmed publisher..This report provides the first gene identification for a mutation affecting segment number in the zebrafish fin and development of both the fin ray (dermal) and the axial skeleton. ..
- Laue K, Pogoda H, Daniel P, van Haeringen A, Alanay Y, von Ameln S, et al. Craniosynostosis and multiple skeletal anomalies in humans and zebrafish result from a defect in the localized degradation of retinoic acid. Am J Hum Genet. 2011;89:595-606 pubmed publisher..This work reveals a physiological role for RA in partitioning skeletal elements and in the maintenance of cranial suture patency. ..
- Armas P, Margarit E, Mouguelar V, Allende M, Calcaterra N. Beyond the binding site: in vivo identification of tbx2, smarca5 and wnt5b as molecular targets of CNBP during embryonic development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63234 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it represents a novel approach toward understanding the biological function and regulatory networks involving CNBP in the biology of vertebrates. ..
- Askary A, Smeeton J, Paul S, Schindler S, Braasch I, Ellis N, et al. Ancient origin of lubricated joints in bony vertebrates. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Establishment of the first arthritis model in the highly regenerative zebrafish will offer unique opportunities to understand the aetiology and possible treatment of synovial joint disease. ..
- Oh S, Shin J, Baek J, Lee J, Bae J, Ankamerddy H, et al. Pannexin 3 is required for normal progression of skeletal development in vertebrates. FASEB J. 2015;29:4473-84 pubmed publisher..Similarly, osteoblast differentiation and mineralization were delayed in panx3 morphant zebrafish. Taken together, our results provide evidence of the crucial roles of Panx3 in vertebrate skeletal development in vivo. ..
- Flanagan Steet H, Aarnio M, Kwan B, Guihard P, Petrey A, Haskins M, et al. Cathepsin-Mediated Alterations in TGFÃŸ-Related Signaling Underlie Disrupted Cartilage and Bone Maturation Associated With Impaired Lysosomal Targeting. J Bone Miner Res. 2016;31:535-48 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the complexity of the skeletal disease associated with MLII and bring new insight to the role of secreted cathepsin proteases in cartilage development and growth factor regulation. ..
- Huitema L, Apschner A, Logister I, Spoorendonk K, Bussmann J, Hammond C, et al. Entpd5 is essential for skeletal mineralization and regulates phosphate homeostasis in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:21372-7 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that Entpd5 represents a previously unappreciated essential player in phosphate homeostasis and skeletal mineralization...
- Laue K, Janicke M, Plaster N, Sonntag C, Hammerschmidt M. Restriction of retinoic acid activity by Cyp26b1 is required for proper timing and patterning of osteogenesis during zebrafish development. Development. 2008;135:3775-87 pubmed publisher..cyp26b1 mutants may serve as a model to study the etiology of human vertebral disorders such as Klippel-Feil anomaly. ..
- van der Velden Y, Wang L, Querol Cano L, Haramis A. The polycomb group protein ring1b/rnf2 is specifically required for craniofacial development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73997 pubmed publisher..The zebrafish ring1b mutant provides a molecular model for investigating these mechanisms and may lead to the discovery of new treatments or preventions of craniofacial abnormalities. ..
- Simoes B, Conceição N, Viegas C, Pinto J, Gavaia P, Hurst L, et al. Identification of a promoter element within the zebrafish colXalpha1 gene responsive to runx2 isoforms Osf2/Cbfa1 and til-1 but not to pebp2alphaA2. Calcif Tissue Int. 2006;79:230-44 pubmed..Our data suggest that, as in mammals, runx2 plays a role in the development of the osteogenic lineage, supporting zebrafish as a model for studies of bone and cartilage development. ..
- Felber K, Croucher P, Roehl H. Hedgehog signalling is required for perichondral osteoblast differentiation in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2011;128:141-52 pubmed publisher..This result may point to subtle differences between the development of the skeleton in the skull and limb. ..
- Topczewska J, Shoela R, Tomaszewski J, Mirmira R, Gosain A. The Morphogenesis of Cranial Sutures in Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0165775 pubmed publisher..Here we show RNA in situ hybridization for col1a1a, col2a1a, col10a1, bglap/osteocalcin, fgfr1a, fgfr1b, fgfr2, fgfr3, foxq1, twist2, twist3, runx2a, runx2b, sp7/osterix, and spp1/ ..
- Chiba A, Watanabe Takano H, Terai K, Fukui H, Miyazaki T, Uemura M, et al. Osteocrin, a peptide secreted from the heart and other tissues, contributes to cranial osteogenesis and chondrogenesis in zebrafish. Development. 2017;144:334-344 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that Ostn secreted from the heart contributes to bone formation as an endocrine hormone. ..
- Heude E, Shaikho S, Ekker M. The dlx5a/dlx6a genes play essential roles in the early development of zebrafish median fin and pectoral structures. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e98505 pubmed publisher..The dlx5a/6a knock down also causes a failure of cleithrum formation associated with a drastic loss of runx2b and col10a1 expression...
- Kim Y, No Lee J, Bhandari S, Nam I, Yoo K, Kim S, et al. Cartilage development requires the function of Estrogen-related receptor alpha that directly regulates sox9 expression in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2015;5:18011 pubmed publisher..analysis shows that knockdown of esrra impairs expression of genes including sox9, col2a1, sox5, sox6, runx2 and col10a1 thus induces abnormally formed cartilage in pharyngeal arches...
- Blum N, Begemann G. Osteoblast de- and redifferentiation are controlled by a dynamic response to retinoic acid during zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2015;142:2894-903 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a mechanism explaining how the osteoblast regenerative program is protected from adverse crosstalk with neighboring fibroblasts that advances our understanding of the regulation of bone repair by RA. ..
- Kim Y, Lee S, Jung S, Kim H, Choi J, Lee M, et al. Establishment of a bone-specific col10a1:GFP transgenic zebrafish. Mol Cells. 2013;36:145-50 pubmed publisher..b>Col10a1, an important downstream effector gene, has been identified as a marker for maturing chondrocytes in higher ..
- Wiweger M, de Andrea C, Scheepstra K, Zhao Z, Hogendoorn P. Possible effects of EXT2 on mesenchymal differentiation--lessons from the zebrafish. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2014;9:35 pubmed publisher..Our observations in the ext2-null fish might explain the musculoskeletal defects that are often observed in MO patients. ..
- Fraher D, Hodge J, Collier F, McMillan J, Kennedy R, Ellis M, et al. Citalopram and sertraline exposure compromises embryonic bone development. Mol Psychiatry. 2016;21:656-64 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the need to further investigate the risks of SSRI use during pregnancy in exposing unborn babies to potential skeletal abnormalities. ..
- Mesquita S, van Drooge B, Oliveira E, Grimalt J, Barata C, Vieira N, et al. Differential embryotoxicity of the organic pollutants in rural and urban air particles. Environ Pollut. 2015;206:535-42 pubmed publisher..The observed effects can be directly related to air pollution-related human disorders, suggesting different potential adverse outcomes for human populations exposed to air pollution from specific sources. ..
- Ling I, Rochard L, Liao E. Distinct requirements of wls, wnt9a, wnt5b and gpc4 in regulating chondrocyte maturation and timing of endochondral ossification. Dev Biol. 2017;421:219-232 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the importance of the non-canonical Wnt pathway in regulating coordinated ventral cartilage morphogenesis and ossification. ..
- Yokokura T, Kamei H, Shibano T, Yamanaka D, Sawada Yamaguchi R, Hakuno F, et al. The Short-Stature Homeobox-Containing Gene (shox/SHOX) Is Required for the Regulation of Cell Proliferation and Bone Differentiation in Zebrafish Embryo and Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2017;8:125 pubmed publisher
- Khatib A, Lahlil R, Hagedorn M, Delomenie C, Christophe O, Denis C, et al. Biological outcome and mapping of total factor cascades in response to HIF induction during regenerative angiogenesis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:12102-20 pubmed publisher..use of morpholino (MO) knockdown strategy revealed that the expression of some of these genes such as tubulin and col10a1 are required for fin regeneration...
- Kague E, Roy P, Asselin G, Hu G, Simonet J, Stanley A, et al. Osterix/Sp7 limits cranial bone initiation sites and is required for formation of sutures. Dev Biol. 2016;413:160-72 pubmed publisher..The delay in bone maturation caused by loss of Sp7 leads to unregulated bone formation, revealing a new mechanism for patterning the skull and sutures. ..
- Zhang J, Jeradi S, Strahle U, Akimenko M. Laser ablation of the sonic hedgehog-a-expressing cells during fin regeneration affects ray branching morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2012;365:424-33 pubmed publisher..This study reveals the fin ray as a new accessible system to investigate epithelial-mesenchymal interactions leading to organ branching. ..
- Duran I, Csukasi F, Taylor S, Krakow D, Becerra J, Bombarely A, et al. Collagen duplicate genes of bone and cartilage participate during regeneration of zebrafish fin skeleton. Gene Expr Patterns. 2015;19:60-9 pubmed publisher..We also confirmed the hybrid nature of the fin exoskeleton and provided a complete description of those fibrillar collagens expressed during the formation of the fin skeleton. ..
- Kwong R, Perry S. An Essential Role for Parathyroid Hormone in Gill Formation and Differentiation of Ion-Transporting Cells in Developing Zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2015;156:2384-94 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of the present study reveal critical roles for PTH1 in promoting the differentiation of epidermal stem cells into mature ionocytes and cartilage formation during development. ..
- Stewart S, Gomez A, Armstrong B, Henner A, Stankunas K. Sequential and opposing activities of Wnt and BMP coordinate zebrafish bone regeneration. Cell Rep. 2014;6:482-98 pubmed publisher..This hierarchical signaling network model provides a conceptual framework for understanding innate bone repair and regeneration mechanisms and rationally designing regenerative therapeutics. ..
- Huycke T, Eames B, Kimmel C. Hedgehog-dependent proliferation drives modular growth during morphogenesis of a dermal bone. Development. 2012;139:2371-80 pubmed publisher..Hence, patterning within a module may include adjacent regions of functionally related bones and might require that signaling pathways function over an extended period of development. ..
- Zancan I, Bellesso S, Costa R, Salvalaio M, Stroppiano M, Hammond C, et al. Glucocerebrosidase deficiency in zebrafish affects primary bone ossification through increased oxidative stress and reduced Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:1280-94 pubmed publisher..Our results support a novel model in which a primary defect in canonical Wnt signaling antecedes bone defects in type 1 GD. ..
- Felber K, Elks P, Lecca M, Roehl H. Expression of osterix Is Regulated by FGF and Wnt/Î²-Catenin Signalling during Osteoblast Differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0144982 pubmed publisher..Based upon these data, we propose that FGF and Wnt/Î²-Catenin pathways act in part by directing transcription of osx to promote osteoblast differentiation at sites of bone formation. ..
- Nica G, Herzog W, Sonntag C, Nowak M, Schwarz H, Zapata A, et al. Eya1 is required for lineage-specific differentiation, but not for cell survival in the zebrafish adenohypophysis. Dev Biol. 2006;292:189-204 pubmed..Eya1 is required for lineage-specific differentiation of adenohypophyseal cells, but not for their survival, thereby uncoupling the differentiation-promoting and anti-apoptotic effects of Eya proteins seen in other tissues. ..