Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cntn2
Description: contactin 2
Alias: si:dz37k09.2, tag1, contactin-2, transiently expressed axonal glycoprotein
- Volkmann K, Rieger S, Babaryka A, Köster R. The zebrafish cerebellar rhombic lip is spatially patterned in producing granule cell populations of different functional compartments. Dev Biol. 2008;313:167-80 pubmed..Thus, our findings offer an explanation for how specific functional cerebellar circuitries are laid down by spatio-temporal patterning of cerebellar germinal zones during early brain development. ..
- Jászai J, Reifers F, Picker A, Langenberg T, Brand M. Isthmus-to-midbrain transformation in the absence of midbrain-hindbrain organizer activity. Development. 2003;130:6611-23 pubmed..followed by the lack of early and late cerebellar-specific gene expression (zath1/atoh1, gap43, tag1/cntn2, neurod, zebrin II). The Locus coeruleus (LC) derived from rostral rhombomere 1 is also absent in the mutants...
- HÃ¼sken U, Stickney H, Gestri G, Bianco I, Faro A, Young R, et al. Tcf7l2 is required for left-right asymmetric differentiation of habenular neurons. Curr Biol. 2014;24:2217-27 pubmed publisher..Tcf7l2 is essential for lateralized fate selection by habenular neurons that can differentiate along two alternative pathways, thereby leading to major neural circuit asymmetries. ..
- Chandrasekhar A, Schauerte H, Haffter P, Kuwada J. The zebrafish detour gene is essential for cranial but not spinal motor neuron induction. Development. 1999;126:2727-37 pubmed
- Diekmann H, Stuermer C. Zebrafish neurolin-a and -b, orthologs of ALCAM, are involved in retinal ganglion cell differentiation and retinal axon pathfinding. J Comp Neurol. 2009;513:38-50 pubmed publisher..Without Neurolin-b, RGC axons grow in highly aberrant routes along the optic tract and/or fail to reach the optic tectum. Thus, the zebrafish Neurolin paralogs are involved in distinct steps of retinotectal development. ..
- Sittaramane V, Pan X, Glasco D, Huang P, Gurung S, Bock A, et al. The PCP protein Vangl2 regulates migration of hindbrain motor neurons by acting in floor plate cells, and independently of cilia function. Dev Biol. 2013;382:400-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest strongly that Vangl2 regulates FBM neuron migration by acting in floor plate cells, independently of cilia function. ..
- Lin J, Pan H, Ma L, Shen Y, Schachner M. The cell neural adhesion molecule contactin-2 (TAG-1) is beneficial for functional recovery after spinal cord injury in adult zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52376 pubmed publisher..The combined observations indicate that contactin-2 contributes to locomotor recovery and successful regrowth of axons after spinal cord injury in adult zebrafish. ..
- Stockinger P, Maître J, Heisenberg C. Defective neuroepithelial cell cohesion affects tangential branchiomotor neuron migration in the zebrafish neural tube. Development. 2011;138:4673-83 pubmed publisher..By contrast, reducing cohesion among FBMNs by interfering with Contactin 2 (Cntn2) expression in these cells has little effect on apical FBMN movement, but reduces the fusion of the ..
- Hoffman E, Turner K, Fernández J, Cifuentes D, Ghosh M, Ijaz S, et al. Estrogens Suppress a Behavioral Phenotype in Zebrafish Mutants of the Autism Risk Gene, CNTNAP2. Neuron. 2016;89:725-33 pubmed publisher..These results identify estrogenic compounds as phenotypic suppressors and illuminate novel pharmacological pathways with relevance to autism. ..
- Scholpp S, Brand M. Integrity of the midbrain region is required to maintain the diencephalic-mesencephalic boundary in zebrafish no isthmus/pax2.1 mutants. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:313-22 pubmed..We therefore suggest that the genetic program controlled by Pax2.1 is not only involved in initiating but also in maintaining the identity of midbrain and isthmus cells to prevent them from assuming a forebrain or hindbrain fate. ..
- Chandrasekhar A, Warren J, Takahashi K, Schauerte H, van Eeden F, Haffter P, et al. Role of sonic hedgehog in branchiomotor neuron induction in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 1998;76:101-15 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Shh is not solely responsible for inducing branchiomotor and spinal motor neurons, and suggest that Shh and Twhh may function as partially redundant signals for motor neuron induction in zebrafish. ..
- Nevin L, Xiao T, Staub W, Baier H. Topoisomerase IIbeta is required for lamina-specific targeting of retinal ganglion cell axons and dendrites. Development. 2011;138:2457-65 pubmed publisher..The noto mutant provides the first example of the importance of an epigenetic regulator, Top2b, in the intricate series of events that lead to a properly wired visual system. ..
- Bingham S, Toussaint G, Chandrasekhar A. Neuronal development and migration in zebrafish hindbrain explants. J Neurosci Methods. 2005;149:42-9 pubmed..These results suggest that hindbrain explant culture can be employed effectively in zebrafish to analyze neuronal migration and other dynamic processes using pharmacological and imaging techniques. ..