Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cmlc1
Description: cardiac myosin light chain-1
Alias: zgc:103441, cardiac myosin light chain-1, laz, lazy susan
- Meder B, Laufer C, Hassel D, Just S, Marquart S, Vogel B, et al. A single serine in the carboxyl terminus of cardiac essential myosin light chain-1 controls cardiomyocyte contractility in vivo. Circ Res. 2009;104:650-9 pubmed publisher..We have isolated the zebrafish mutant lazy susan (laz), which displays severely reduced contractility of both heart chambers...
- Kunwar P, Zimmerman S, Bennett J, Chen Y, Whitman M, Schier A. Mixer/Bon and FoxH1/Sur have overlapping and divergent roles in Nodal signaling and mesendoderm induction. Development. 2003;130:5589-99 pubmed
- Just S, Berger I, Meder B, Backs J, Keller A, Marquart S, et al. Protein kinase D2 controls cardiac valve formation in zebrafish by regulating histone deacetylase 5 activity. Circulation. 2011;124:324-34 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate for the first time that proper heart valve formation critically depends on Protein kinase D2-Histone deacetylase 5-Krüppel-like factor signaling. ..
- Maves L, Tyler A, Moens C, Tapscott S. Pbx acts with Hand2 in early myocardial differentiation. Dev Biol. 2009;333:409-18 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate new roles for Pbx proteins in vertebrate cardiac development and also provide new insight into connections between the transcriptional regulation of skeletal and cardiac muscle differentiation programs. ..
- Chen Z, Huang W, Dahme T, Rottbauer W, Ackerman M, Xu X. Depletion of zebrafish essential and regulatory myosin light chains reduces cardiac function through distinct mechanisms. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;79:97-108 pubmed publisher..Using zebrafish (Danio rerio) as a model organism, we have identified cmlc1 and cmlc2 as the main ELC and RLC orthologues, respectively, and have furthermore characterized their functions ..
- Miyasaka K, Kida Y, Sato T, Minami M, Ogura T. Csrp1 regulates dynamic cell movements of the mesendoderm and cardiac mesoderm through interactions with Dishevelled and Diversin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:11274-9 pubmed..Our data highlight Csrp1 as a key molecule of the noncanonical Wnt pathway, which orchestrates cell behaviors during dynamic morphogenetic movements of tissues and organs. ..
- Lucas J, Perrichon P, Nouhaud M, Audras A, Leguen I, Lefrançois C. Aerobic metabolism and cardiac activity in the descendants of zebrafish exposed to pyrolytic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2014;21:13888-97 pubmed publisher..Even if cardiac development genes cmlc1 and tnnt2a were not affected at early life stages tested, complementary work on cardiac structure could be ..
- Reiter J, Alexander J, Rodaway A, Yelon D, Patient R, Holder N, et al. Gata5 is required for the development of the heart and endoderm in zebrafish. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2983-95 pubmed..Together, these results implicate zebrafish Gata5 in controlling the growth, morphogenesis, and differentiation of the heart and endoderm and indicate that Gata5 regulates the expression of the early myocardial gene nkx2.5. ..
- De Wit M, Keil D, van der Ven K, Vandamme S, Witters E, De Coen W. An integrated transcriptomic and proteomic approach characterizing estrogenic and metabolic effects of 17 alpha-ethinylestradiol in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2010;167:190-201 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study demonstrated that a proteomics approach can lift the biological interpretation of microarrays to a higher level, and moreover, opens a window for identification of possible new biomarkers. ..
- Nishiyama T, Kaneda R, Ono T, Tohyama S, Hashimoto H, Endo J, et al. miR-142-3p is essential for hematopoiesis and affects cardiac cell fate in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;425:755-61 pubmed publisher..The findings of the present study indicate that miR-142-3p plays a critical role in hematopoiesis, cardiogenesis, and somitegenesis in the early stage of mesoderm formation via regulation of Rock2a. ..
- Chng S, Ho L, Tian J, Reversade B. ELABELA: a hormone essential for heart development signals via the apelin receptor. Dev Cell. 2013;27:672-80 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal the existence of a peptide hormone, ELA, which, together with APLNR, forms an essential signaling axis for early cardiovascular development. ..
- Duan J, Hu H, Zhang Y, Feng L, Shi Y, Miller M, et al. Multi-organ toxicity induced by fine particulate matter PM2.5 in zebrafish (Danio rerio) model. Chemosphere. 2017;180:24-32 pubmed publisher..Genes involved in cardiac function (spaw, supt6h, cmlc1), angiogenesis (vegfr2a, vegfr2b), and neural function (gabrd, chrna3, npy8br) were markedly down-regulated; while ..
- Razzaque M, Nishizawa T, Komoike Y, Yagi H, Furutani M, Amo R, et al. Germline gain-of-function mutations in RAF1 cause Noonan syndrome. Nat Genet. 2007;39:1013-7 pubmed..Thus, our findings implicate RAF1 gain-of-function mutations as a causative agent of a human developmental disorder, representing a new genetic mechanism for the activation of the MAPK pathway...