Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cldna
Description: claudin a
Alias: fb99d09, wu:fb99d09, claudin a
- Dutta S, Dawid I. Kctd15 inhibits neural crest formation by attenuating Wnt/beta-catenin signaling output. Development. 2010;137:3013-8 pubmed publisher..We propose that Kctd15 inhibits NC formation by attenuating the output of the canonical Wnt pathway, thereby restricting expansion of the NC domain beyond its normal range...
- Chen D, Li F, Yang Q, Tian M, Zhang Z, Zhang Q, et al. The defective expression of gtpbp3 related to tRNA modification alters the mitochondrial function and development of zebrafish. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;77:1-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, this zebrafish model of mitochondrial disease may provide unique opportunities for studying defective tRNA modification, mitochondrial biogenesis, and pathophysiology of mitochondrial disorders. ..
- Padanad M, Bhat N, Guo B, Riley B. Conditions that influence the response to Fgf during otic placode induction. Dev Biol. 2012;364:1-10 pubmed publisher..These findings document the variables critically affecting the response to Fgf and clarify the roles of foxi1 and pax2/8 in the otic response. ..
- Kumai Y, Bahubeshi A, Steele S, Perry S. Strategies for maintaining Na? balance in zebrafish (Danio rerio) during prolonged exposure to acidic water. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2011;160:52-62 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that in acidic water, zebrafish maintain their whole body Na? balance primarily by regulating Na? uptake, rather than Na? efflux. ..
- Mackereth M, Kwak S, Fritz A, Riley B. Zebrafish pax8 is required for otic placode induction and plays a redundant role with Pax2 genes in the maintenance of the otic placode. Development. 2005;132:371-82 pubmed..These data show that pax8 is initially required for normal otic induction, and subsequently pax8, pax2a and pax2b act redundantly to maintain otic fate. ..
- Clelland E, Kelly S. Tight junction proteins in zebrafish ovarian follicles: stage specific mRNA abundance and response to 17beta-estradiol, human chorionic gonadotropin, and maturation inducing hormone. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2010;168:388-400 pubmed publisher..The data supports a role for the endocrine regulation of TJ proteins in ovarian follicle development. ..
- Rotllant J, Liu D, Yan Y, Postlethwait J, Westerfield M, Du S. Sparc (Osteonectin) functions in morphogenesis of the pharyngeal skeleton and inner ear. Matrix Biol. 2008;27:561-72 pubmed publisher..A comparison of the phenotypes of Sparc knockdown and known zebrafish mutants with similar defects places Sparc downstream of sox9 in the genetic network that regulates development of the pharyngeal skeleton and inner ear of vertebrates...
- Schlueter P, Peng G, Westerfield M, Duan C. Insulin-like growth factor signaling regulates zebrafish embryonic growth and development by promoting cell survival and cell cycle progression. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:1095-105 pubmed
- Babb Clendenon S, Shen Y, Liu Q, Turner K, Mills M, Cook G, et al. Cadherin-2 participates in the morphogenesis of the zebrafish inner ear. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:5169-77 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that Cdh2 selectively affects epithelial morphogenetic cell movements, particularly semicircular canal formation, during normal ear mophogenesis. ..
- Ma W, Zhang J. Jag1b is essential for patterning inner ear sensory cristae by regulating anterior morphogenetic tissue separation and preventing posterior cell death. Development. 2015;142:763-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, Jag1b uses two distinct mechanisms to form three sensory cristae in zebrafish. ..
- He Y, Tang D, Li W, Chai R, Li H. Histone deacetylase 1 is required for the development of the zebrafish inner ear. Sci Rep. 2016;6:16535 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that HDAC1 plays an important role in otic vesicle formation. ..