Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ckmb
Description: creatine kinase, muscle b
Alias: ckm3, wu:fb55e09, zgc:64204, zgc:92070, creatine kinase M-type
- The α2Na+/K+-ATPase is critical for skeletal and heart muscle function in zebrafishCanan Doğanlı
Centre for Membrane Pumps in Cells and Disease PUMPKIN, Danish National Research Foundation, Aarhus, Denmark
J Cell Sci 125:6166-75. 2012..Taken together, our findings show that zebrafish α2Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase is important for skeletal and heart muscle functions...
- α3Na+/K+-ATPase deficiency causes brain ventricle dilation and abrupt embryonic motility in zebrafishCanan Doğanlı
Centre for Membrane Pumps in Cells and Disease PUMPKIN, Danish National Research Foundation, DK 1057 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Biol Chem 288:8862-74. 2013..Our data thus strongly support the role of α3Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase in zebrafish motility and brain development, associating for the first time the α3Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase deficiency with brain ventricle dilation...
- Protein expression patterns in zebrafish skeletal muscle: initial characterization and the effects of hypoxic exposureCharles A Bosworth
Department of Biological Sciences, University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA 70148, USA
Proteomics 5:1362-71. 2005..The difference between protein and mRNA expression illustrates the need to integrate both measures for a more complete understanding of gene expression in fish during hypoxic exposure...
- Transcriptome analysis of the response to chronic constant hypoxia in zebrafish heartsInes J Marques
Department of Integrative Zoology, Institute of Biology, University of Leiden, Wassenaarseweg 64, 2333 AL, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Comp Physiol B 178:77-92. 2008..We have identified here many novel genes involved in the response to CCH in the heart, which may have potential clinical implications in the future...
- Serial analysis of gene expression in the skeletal muscles of zebrafish fed with a methylmercury-contaminated dietSebastien Cambier
Universite de Bordeaux 1, UMR 5805 CNRS, Station Marine d Arcachon, Place du Dr Peyneau, Arcachon, 33120, France
Environ Sci Technol 44:469-75. 2010..Furthermore, this is the first time that the SAGE was used to characterize the effect of a toxicant at the genome scale in an aquatic organism...
- A reference growth curve for nutritional experiments in zebrafish (Danio rerio) and changes in whole body proteome during developmentP Gómez-Requeni
Department of Biology, High Technology Center, University of Bergen, 5008, Bergen, Norway
Fish Physiol Biochem 36:1199-215. 2010..Thus, in order to design nutritional studies with zebrafish fed Artemia nauplii, it is recommended to select a period between 20 and 40 dpf, when fish allocate most of the ingested energy for non-reproductive growth purposes...