Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ckma
Description: creatine kinase, muscle a
Alias: CK-M, cb51, ckm, mck, wu:fa28d05, muscle creatine kinase a
- Almeida D, Bianchini A, Marins L. Growth hormone overexpression generates an unfavorable phenotype in juvenile transgenic zebrafish under hypoxic conditions. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2013;194:102-9 pubmed publisher..At the gene expression level, transgenesis increased lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) and creatine kinase muscle (CKM) expression in fish under normoxic conditions...
- Gómez Requeni P, Conceição L, Olderbakk Jordal A, Rønnestad I. A reference growth curve for nutritional experiments in zebrafish (Danio rerio) and changes in whole body proteome during development. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2010;36:1199-215 pubmed publisher..Thus, in order to design nutritional studies with zebrafish fed Artemia nauplii, it is recommended to select a period between 20 and 40 dpf, when fish allocate most of the ingested energy for non-reproductive growth purposes. ..
- Harder G, McGowan R. Isolation and characterization of the muscle-specific isoform of creatine kinase from the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Biochem Cell Biol. 2001;79:779-82 pubmed..The sequence is very similar to muscle-specific creatine kinases isolated from other species at both the nucleotide and amino acid levels but contains some differences from a previously reported zebrafish clone. ..
- Li J, Yue Y, Dong X, Jia W, Li K, Liang D, et al. Zebrafish foxc1a plays a crucial role in early somitogenesis by restricting the expression of aldh1a2 directly. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:10216-28 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that foxc1a plays an essential role in early somitogenesis by controlling Fgf and Notch signaling through restricting the expression of aldh1a2 in paraxial mesoderm directly. ..
- Amali A, Lin C, Chen Y, Wang W, Gong H, Lee C, et al. Up-regulation of muscle-specific transcription factors during embryonic somitogenesis of zebrafish (Danio rerio) by knock-down of myostatin-1. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:847-56 pubmed..of MRFs, MSP, and IGFs in the knock-down embryos by RT-PCR revealed the up-regulation of MyoD, Myogenin, and Mck transcription, whereas IGF-2 transcription showed mild response with no effect on IGF-1, Desmin, and Myf5...
- Langenau D, Keefe M, Storer N, Guyon J, Kutok J, Le X, et al. Effects of RAS on the genesis of embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma. Genes Dev. 2007;21:1382-95 pubmed..When coupled with gene expression studies of this cell population, we propose that the zebrafish RMS cancer stem cell shares similar self-renewal programs as those found in activated satellite cells...
- Guan B, Ma H, Wang Y, Hu Y, Lin Z, Zhu Z, et al. Vitreoscilla hemoglobin (VHb) overexpression increases hypoxia tolerance in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2011;13:336-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that that vhb gene may be an efficient candidate for genetically modifying hypoxia tolerance in fish. ..
- Yang J, Zeng Z, Wei J, Jiang L, Ma Q, Wu M, et al. Sema4d is required for the development of the hindbrain boundary and skeletal muscle in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;433:213-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that sema4d plays an important role in the development of the hindbrain and skeletal muscle. ..
- Ding L, Zang L, Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Wang X, Ai W, et al. Joint toxicity of fluoroquinolone and tetracycline antibiotics to zebrafish (Danio rerio) based on biochemical biomarkers and histopathological observation. J Toxicol Sci. 2017;42:267-280 pubmed publisher..05) up-regulated in all treatments after two months of DKA exposure. CKma expression from skeletal muscle was significantly down-regulated in the 90 mg/L treatment...
- Zhuo H, Huang L, Huang H, Cai Z. Effects of chronic tramadol exposure on the zebrafish brain: a proteomic study. J Proteomics. 2012;75:3351-64 pubmed publisher..Ultrastructural observation of mitochondria showed a series of morphological changes in the case of TH exposure. ..
- Wu C, Lin T, Chang T, Sun H, Hui C, Wu J. Zebrafish HSC70 promoter to express carp muscle-specific creatine kinase for acclimation under cold condition. Transgenic Res. 2011;20:1217-26 pubmed publisher..The swimming distance of the transgenic fish was 42% greater than that of the wild type at 13°C. This new transgenic fish model is ideal for studies of ectothermal vertebrates in low-temperature environments. ..
- Doğanlı C, Beck H, Ribera A, Oxvig C, Lykke Hartmann K. ?3Na+/K+-ATPase deficiency causes brain ventricle dilation and abrupt embryonic motility in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:8862-74 pubmed publisher..Our data thus strongly support the role of ?3Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase in zebrafish motility and brain development, associating for the first time the ?3Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase deficiency with brain ventricle dilation. ..
- Fujii T, Tsunesumi S, Yamaguchi K, Watanabe S, Furukawa Y. Smyd3 is required for the development of cardiac and skeletal muscle in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23491 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Smyd3 plays an important role in the development of heart and skeletal muscle. ..