Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: chata
Description: choline O-acetyltransferase a
Alias: chat, choline O-acetyltransferase, CHOACTase, baj, choline acetylase, choline acetyltransferase
- Seredick S, Van Ryswyk L, Hutchinson S, Eisen J. Zebrafish Mnx proteins specify one motoneuron subtype and suppress acquisition of interneuron characteristics. Neural Dev. 2012;7:35 pubmed publisher..This is, to our knowledge, the first report of transcription factors that act to distinguish CaP and MiP subtype identities. Our results also suggest that MiP motoneurons are more similar to V2 interneurons than are CaP motoneurons. ..
- Yu Y, Cristofanilli M, Valiveti A, Ma L, Yoo M, Morellini F, et al. The extracellular matrix glycoprotein tenascin-C promotes locomotor recovery after spinal cord injury in adult zebrafish. Neuroscience. 2011;183:238-50 pubmed publisher..Our results thus point to an advantageous role of tenascin-C in promoting spinal cord regeneration, by promoting axonal regrowth and synapse formation in the spinal cord caudal to the lesion site after injury. ..
- Ramesh T, Lyon A, Pineda R, Wang C, Janssen P, Canan B, et al. A genetic model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in zebrafish displays phenotypic hallmarks of motoneuron disease. Dis Model Mech. 2010;3:652-62 pubmed publisher..These phenotypes were more severe in lines expressing higher levels of mutant Sod1 and were absent in lines overexpressing wild-type Sod1. Thus, we have generated a vertebrate model of ALS to complement existing mammal models...
- Lerebours A, Gonzalez P, Adam C, Camilleri V, Bourdineaud J, Garnier Laplace J. Comparative analysis of gene expression in brain, liver, skeletal muscles, and gills of zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to environmentally relevant waterborne uranium concentrations. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2009;28:1271-8 pubmed publisher..During the depuration phase, uranium excretion was inefficient in brain and skeletal muscles, and expression of most of the tissue-specific genes was repressed or unchanged. ..
- Wang M, Wen H, Brehm P. Function of neuromuscular synapses in the zebrafish choline-acetyltransferase mutant bajan. J Neurophysiol. 2008;100:1995-2004 pubmed publisher..line, bajan, in which compromised motility and fatigue result from a point mutation in the gene coding choline acetyltransferase (ChAT), the enzyme responsible for acetylcholine (ACh) synthesis...
- Yokogawa T, Marin W, Faraco J, Pezeron G, Appelbaum L, Zhang J, et al. Characterization of sleep in zebrafish and insomnia in hypocretin receptor mutants. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e277 pubmed..Our study validates the use of zebrafish for the study of sleep and indicates molecular diversity in sleep regulatory networks across vertebrates. ..
- Maurer C, Schonthaler H, Mueller K, Neuhauss S. Distinct retinal deficits in a zebrafish pyruvate dehydrogenase-deficient mutant. J Neurosci. 2010;30:11962-72 pubmed publisher..The noir mutant provides a case for a systemic disease with ocular manifestation with a surprising specific effect on the retina given the ubiquitous requirement for the mutated gene...
- Reimer M, Sörensen I, Kuscha V, Frank R, Liu C, Becker C, et al. Motor neuron regeneration in adult zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2008;28:8510-6 pubmed publisher..differentiated motor neurons, which are lost after a lesion, reappear at 6-8 weeks after lesion, and we detected ChAT+/BrdU+ motor neurons that were covered by contacts immunopositive for the synaptic marker SV2...
- Roy Carson S, Natukunda K, Chou H, Pal N, Farris C, Schneider S, et al. Defining the transcriptomic landscape of the developing enteric nervous system and its cellular environment. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:290 pubmed publisher..Thus, our dataset suggests various potential mechanisms that drive ENS development facilitating characterization and discovery of novel therapeutic strategies to improve gastrointestinal disorders. ..
- Förster D, Arnold Ammer I, Laurell E, Barker A, Fernandes A, Finger Baier K, et al. Genetic targeting and anatomical registration of neuronal populations in the zebrafish brain with a new set of BAC transgenic tools. Sci Rep. 2017;7:5230 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study offers new tools for functional studies of specific neural circuits in zebrafish. ..