Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cga
Description: glycoprotein hormones, alpha polypeptide
Alias: GPHa, GTH-alpha, gsu-alpha, glycoprotein hormones alpha chain, gonadotropin alpha subunit
- Graf M, Teo Qi Wen E, Sarusie M, Rajaei F, Winkler C. Dmrt5 controls corticotrope and gonadotrope differentiation in the zebrafish pituitary. Mol Endocrinol. 2015;29:187-99 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, its effect on gonadotrope numbers defines a first nongonadal role for a dmrt family member that appears crucial for the activity of the reproductive system. ..
- Kwok H, So W, Wang Y, Ge W. Zebrafish gonadotropins and their receptors: I. Cloning and characterization of zebrafish follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone receptors--evidence for their distinct functions in follicle development. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:1370-81 pubmed..These results suggest differential roles for Fshr and Lhr in zebrafish ovarian follicle development. ..
- Chen W, Ge W. Ontogenic expression profiles of gonadotropins (fshb and lhb) and growth hormone (gh) during sexual differentiation and puberty onset in female zebrafish. Biol Reprod. 2012;86:73 pubmed publisher..However, the significance of the location change of Fsh cells during this period will be interesting to investigate. ..
- Cheng X, Chen X, Jin X, He J, Yin Z. Generation and characterization of gsu?:EGFP transgenic zebrafish for evaluating endocrine-disrupting effects. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2014;278:78-84 pubmed publisher..These reporter fish can serve as a novel platform to perform screenings of endocrine-disrupting chemicals (EDCs) in vivo as well. ..
- Cheng X, Chen X, Li D, Jin X, He J, Yin Z. Effects of metronidazole on proopiomelanocortin a gene expression in zebrafish. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2015;214:87-94 pubmed publisher..Our current results raised the cautions to the intensively application of MTZ in clinical practices and biomedical researches. ..
- Chen W, Lau S, Fan Y, Wu R, Ge W. Juvenile exposure to bisphenol A promotes ovarian differentiation but suppresses its growth - Potential involvement of pituitary follicle-stimulating hormone. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;193:111-121 pubmed publisher..Our data in the zebrafish suggest that sex differentiation involves estrogens and it is a sensitive window for evaluating estrogenic activities of compounds and their impacts on wildlife reproduction...
- Dickmeis T, Lahiri K, Nica G, Vallone D, Santoriello C, Neumann C, et al. Glucocorticoids play a key role in circadian cell cycle rhythms. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e78 pubmed..Instead, they act in concert with a systemic signaling environment of which glucocorticoids are an essential part. ..
- Li Y, Tsoi S, Mannen H, Shoei Lung Li S. Phylogenetic analysis of vertebrate lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) multigene families. J Mol Evol. 2002;54:614-24 pubmed..Other gene duplication events were also discovered in Xenopus, the first duplication occurring approximately 60-70 mya in both Ldh-A and Ldh-B, followed by another recent gene duplication event, approximately 20 mya, in Ldh-B. ..
- Yu X, Lin S, Kobayashi M, Ge W. Expression of recombinant zebrafish follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) in methylotropic yeast Pichia pastoris. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2010;36:273-81 pubmed publisher..One form (zfFSH) was produced as the molecule closer to the native form, with the two subunits (Cga and Fshb) expressed separately under different promoters...
- So W, Kwok H, Ge W. Zebrafish gonadotropins and their receptors: II. Cloning and characterization of zebrafish follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone subunits--their spatial-temporal expression patterns and receptor specificity. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:1382-96 pubmed..In the present study, we cloned and characterized zebrafish FSHbeta (fshb), LHbeta (lhb), and GTHalpha (cga) subunits...
- Spicer O, Wong T, Zmora N, Zohar Y. Targeted Mutagenesis of the Hypophysiotropic Gnrh3 in Zebrafish (Danio rerio) Reveals No Effects on Reproductive Performance. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0158141 pubmed publisher..However, other than changes in mRNA levels of pituitary gonadotropin genes (fshb, lhb, and cga) during early development, which are corrected by adulthood, there were no changes in ontogeny and reproduction in ..