Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cebpa
Description: CCAAT enhancer binding protein alpha
Alias: c/ebpa, cb1062, unm_sm1120, wu:fj20f03, CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein alpha, CCAAT/enhancer binding protein (C/EBP), alpha, chunp6777, fj20f03
- Kinkel M, Eames S, Alonzo M, Prince V. Cdx4 is required in the endoderm to localize the pancreas and limit beta-cell number. Development. 2008;135:919-29 pubmed publisher..In support of this, we demonstrate that in cdx4-deficient embryos treated with RA, ectopic beta-cells are located well posterior to the normal pancreatic domain. ..
- Lin B, Chen S, Cao Z, Lin Y, Mo D, Zhang H, et al. Acute phase response in zebrafish upon Aeromonas salmonicida and Staphylococcus aureus infection: striking similarities and obvious differences with mammals. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:295-301 pubmed..Our results constitute the first demonstration of a similar while different immune response in zebrafish and open new avenues for the investigation of evolutionary conserved and fish specific mechanisms of innate immunity...
- Kinkel M, Sefton E, Kikuchi Y, Mizoguchi T, Ward A, Prince V. Cyp26 enzymes function in endoderm to regulate pancreatic field size. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:7864-9 pubmed publisher..Such feedback can maintain consistent levels of RA signaling, despite environmental fluctuations in RA concentration, thus ensuring a consistent size and location of the pancreatic field. ..
- Zhang J, Sun P, Kong T, Yang F, Guan W. Tributyltin promoted hepatic steatosis in zebrafish (Danio rerio) and the molecular pathogenesis involved. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;170:208-215 pubmed publisher..In short, TBT can produce multiple and complex alterations in transcriptional activity of lipid metabolism and cell damage, which provides potential molecular evidence of TBT on hepatic steatosis. ..
- Lu J, Hsieh M, Hou H, Chen C, Tien H, Lin L. Overexpression of SOX4 correlates with poor prognosis of acute myeloid leukemia and is leukemogenic in zebrafish. Blood Cancer J. 2017;7:e593 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SOX4 is not only an independent prognostic factor of AML, but also an important molecular factor in leukemogenesis. ..
- Wiweger M, de Andrea C, Scheepstra K, Zhao Z, Hogendoorn P. Possible effects of EXT2 on mesenchymal differentiation--lessons from the zebrafish. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2014;9:35 pubmed publisher..Our observations in the ext2-null fish might explain the musculoskeletal defects that are often observed in MO patients. ..
- Yuan H, Zhang T, Liu X, Deng M, Zhang W, Wen Z, et al. Sumoylation of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein Î± is implicated in hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell development through regulating runx1 in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2015;5:9011 pubmed publisher..While C/ebpÎ±-dependent transcription is involved in myeloid differentiation, our studies here reveal that C/ebpÎ± sumoylation is essential for HSPC development during definitive hematopoiesis. ..
- Hsiao T, Lin C, Chung Y, Lee G, Kao T, Chang W, et al. Ethanol-induced upregulation of 10-formyltetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase helps relieve ethanol-induced oxidative stress. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:498-509 pubmed publisher..We concluded that upregulation of fdh involving CEBP? helps relieve embryonic oxidative stress induced by ethanol exposure. ..
- Yuan H, Wen B, Liu X, Gao C, Yang R, Wang L, et al. CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein Î± is required for hepatic outgrowth via the p53 pathway in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2015;5:15838 pubmed publisher..Using the zebrafish embryo as a model organism, we show that inactivation of the cebpa gene by TALENs results in a small liver phenotype...
- Choi H, Jeon H, Lee O, Lee B. Indole-3-carbinol, a vegetable phytochemical, inhibits adipogenesis by regulating cell cycle and AMPK? signaling. Biochimie. 2014;104:127-36 pubmed publisher..In addition, an anti-adipogenic effect of I3C was found in zebrafish study. Our data suggest that vegetables-derived I3C could reduce lipid accumulation via various molecular mechanisms in cell. ..
- He B, Shi X, Man C, Ma A, Ekker S, Chow H, et al. Functions of flt3 in zebrafish hematopoiesis and its relevance to human acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2014;123:2518-29 pubmed publisher..This study provides novel insight into the role of flt3 during hematopoiesis and establishes a zebrafish model of FLT3-ITD(+) and FLT3-TKD(+) AML that may facilitate high-throughput screening of novel and personalized agents. ..
- Her G, Cheng C, Hong J, Sundaram G, Wu J. Imbalance in liver homeostasis leading to hyperplasia by overexpressing either one of the Bcl-2-related genes, zfBLP1 and zfMcl-1a. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:515-23 pubmed
- Tao T, Shi H, Huang D, Peng J. Def functions as a cell autonomous factor in organogenesis of digestive organs in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58858 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Def functions in a cell autonomous manner during early liver development and aberrant Def protein expression might lead to disruption of the structural integrity of a normal adult liver. ..
- Zhang W, Zhang Y, Zhang H, Wang J, Cui R, Dai J. Sex differences in transcriptional expression of FABPs in zebrafish liver after chronic perfluorononanoic acid exposure. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:5175-82 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that PFNA exposure caused opposite adverse effects on liver TG levels between the sexes in zebrafish possibly due to the opposite expression of FABPs and its upstream genes. ..
- Horsfield J, Anagnostou S, Hu J, Cho K, Geisler R, Lieschke G, et al. Cohesin-dependent regulation of Runx genes. Development. 2007;134:2639-49 pubmed..Our findings provide evidence for a novel role for cohesin in development, and indicate potential for monoallelic loss of cohesin subunits to alter gene expression. ..
- Fraher D, Ellis M, Morrison S, McGee S, Ward A, Walder K, et al. Lipid Abundance in Zebrafish Embryos Is Regulated by Complementary Actions of the Endocannabinoid System and Retinoic Acid Pathway. Endocrinology. 2015;156:3596-609 pubmed publisher..Our study shows for the first time that the RA and ECS pathways have additive function in lipid abundance during vertebrate development. ..
- Imrie D, Sadler K. White adipose tissue development in zebrafish is regulated by both developmental time and fish size. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:3013-23 pubmed publisher..6 mm standard length contained the adult repertoire of WAT depots. Pancreatic, esophageal, and subcutaneous WAT appearance correlated with size, not age, as found for other features appearing during postembryonic zebrafish development. ..
- Shieh Y, Chang Y, Hong J, Chen L, Jou L, Hsu C, et al. Increase of hepatic fat accumulation by liver specific expression of Hepatitis B virus X protein in zebrafish. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1801:721-30 pubmed publisher..In addition, GBXs with transmissible NASH-like phenotypes provide a promising model for studying liver disease. ..
- Glenn N, Schumacher J, Kim H, Zhao E, Skerniskyte J, Sumanas S. Distinct regulation of the anterior and posterior myeloperoxidase expression by Etv2 and Gata1 during primitive Granulopoiesis in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;393:149-159 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that mpx expression is controlled differently in the ALPM and PLPM regions and describe novel roles for etv2 and gata1 during primitive neutropoiesis. ..
- Minchin J, Dahlman I, Harvey C, Mejhert N, Singh M, Epstein J, et al. Plexin D1 determines body fat distribution by regulating the type V collagen microenvironment in visceral adipose tissue. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:4363-8 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings identify Plxnd1 as a novel regulator of VAT growth, body fat distribution, and insulin sensitivity in both zebrafish and humans. ..
- Jing C, Chen Y, Dong M, Peng X, Jia X, Gao L, et al. Phospholipase C gamma-1 is required for granulocyte maturation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2013;374:24-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that plcg1 functioned specifically in zebrafish ICM granulopoiesis for the first time. Our studies suggest that specific pathways regulate the differentiation of the hematopoietic lineages. ..
- Dong Z, Ren C, Xia Y, Su D, Du T, Fan H, et al. Pten regulates homeostasis and inflammation-induced migration of myelocytes in zebrafish. J Hematol Oncol. 2014;7:17 pubmed publisher..Further mechanistic studies revealed that the expression of cebpa, a critical transcription factor in myeloid precursor cells, was downregulated in the pten-deficient myeloid cells,..
- Jeon H, Choi H, Lee Y, Hwang J, Lee O, Seo M, et al. Seapolynol Extracted from Ecklonia cava Inhibits Adipocyte Differentiation in Vitro and Decreases Fat Accumulation in Vivo. Molecules. 2015;20:21715-31 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that SN may be an edible agent that can play a positive role in prevention of metabolic disorders. ..
- Liu T, Rhodes J, Deng M, Hsu K, Radomska H, Kanki J, et al. Dominant-interfering C/EBPalpha stimulates primitive erythropoiesis in zebrafish. Exp Hematol. 2007;35:230-9 pubmed..mRNA in situ hybridization was performed to determine the spatio-temporal expression pattern of zebrafish cebpa in developing hematopoietic progenitors...
- Fraher D, Sanigorski A, Mellett N, Meikle P, Sinclair A, Gibert Y. Zebrafish Embryonic Lipidomic Analysis Reveals that the Yolk Cell Is Metabolically Active in Processing Lipid. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1317-1329 pubmed publisher..Our data identify a metabolically active yolk and body resulting in a dynamic lipid composition. This provides a foundation for studying lipid biology during normal or pharmacologically compromised embryogenesis. ..
- Wang K, Huang Z, Zhao L, Liu W, Chen X, Meng P, et al. Large-scale forward genetic screening analysis of development of hematopoiesis in zebrafish. J Genet Genomics. 2012;39:473-80 pubmed publisher..Our method should be applicable for other types of genetic screening in zebrafish. In addition, further study of the mutants we identified may help to unveil the molecular basis of hematopoiesis. ..
- Blüthgen N, Meili N, Chew G, Odermatt A, Fent K. Accumulation and effects of the UV-filter octocrylene in adult and embryonic zebrafish (Danio rerio). Sci Total Environ. 2014;476-477:207-17 pubmed publisher..Blood levels of 11-ketotestosterone were not altered. The transcriptomics data suggest that OC mainly affects transcription of genes related to developmental processes in the brain and liver as well as metabolic processes in the liver. ..
- Amali A, Rekha R, Lin C, Wang W, Gong H, Her G, et al. Thioacetamide induced liver damage in zebrafish embryo as a disease model for steatohepatitis. J Biomed Sci. 2006;13:225-32 pubmed..Moreover, non-availability of specific drugs to prevent steatohepatitis, this animal model may serve as a powerful preclinical platform to study the therapeutic strategies and for evaluating chemoprevention strategies for this disease...
- Yan C, Yang Q, Shen H, Spitsbergen J, Gong Z. Chronically high level of tgfb1a induction causes both hepatocellular carcinoma and cholangiocarcinoma via a dominant Erk pathway in zebrafish. Oncotarget. 2017;8:77096-77109 pubmed publisher..These findings pinpointed the novel role of Tgfb1 as a central regulator in the two major types of liver cancers, which was also supported by human liver disease samples. ..
- Liu X, Jia X, Yuan H, Ma K, Chen Y, Jin Y, et al. DNA methyltransferase 1 functions through C/ebpa to maintain hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in zebrafish. J Hematol Oncol. 2015;8:15 pubmed publisher..alpha (C/ebpa) was upregulated, which correlated with hypomethylation of CpG islands in the regulation regions of cebpa gene in Dnmt1 deficient HSPCs...
- Lin J, Chang L, Lai C, Lin K, Lin M, Yang C, et al. Development of an Animal Model for Alcoholic Liver Disease in Zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2015;12:271-80 pubmed publisher..As these data reflect characteristic liver damage by alcohol in humans, this zebrafish animal model may serve as a powerful tool to study the pathogenesis and treatment of ALD and its related disorders in humans. ..
- Yeh J, Munson K, Chao Y, Peterson Q, Macrae C, Peterson R. AML1-ETO reprograms hematopoietic cell fate by downregulating scl expression. Development. 2008;135:401-10 pubmed..Thus, this zebrafish model facilitates in vivo dissection of AML1-ETO-mediated signaling, and will enable large-scale chemical screens to identify suppressors of the in vivo effects of AML1-ETO. ..
- Rekha R, Amali A, Her G, Yeh Y, Gong H, Hu S, et al. Thioacetamide accelerates steatohepatitis, cirrhosis and HCC by expressing HCV core protein in transgenic zebrafish Danio rerio. Toxicology. 2008;243:11-22 pubmed
- Dai Y, Zhu L, Huang Z, Zhou M, Jin W, Liu W, et al. Cebp? is essential for the embryonic myeloid progenitor and neutrophil maintenance in zebrafish. J Genet Genomics. 2016;43:593-600 pubmed publisher..We further show that Cebp?, perhaps acting cooperatively with Runx1, plays a critical role in embryonic neutrophil maintenance. Our findings reveal a new role of Cebp? in embryonic myelopoiesis. ..