Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cdkn1ca
Description: cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1Ca
Alias: cb961, cdkn1c, p27Xic1-a, zgc:86618, cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1C, cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1C (p57, Kip2), p57kip2
- Hesselson D, Anderson R, Beinat M, Stainier D. Distinct populations of quiescent and proliferative pancreatic beta-cells identified by HOTcre mediated labeling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14896-901 pubmed publisher..g., diabetes mellitus). Our data reveal the existence of distinct populations of beta-cells in vivo and should help develop better strategies to regulate beta-cell differentiation and proliferation. ..
- Hu S, Yu H, Zhang Y, Wu Z, Yan Y, Li Y, et al. Splice blocking of zygotic sox31 leads to developmental arrest shortly after Mid-Blastula Transition and induces apoptosis in zebrafish. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:222-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, an apoptotic response occurs in Sb morphants at about 6hpf. SoxB1 family genes including sox31 thus play an essential role for early embryos traversing the transitional stage...
- Sapetto Rebow B, McLoughlin S, O Shea L, O Leary O, Willer J, Alvarez Y, et al. Maternal topoisomerase II alpha, not topoisomerase II beta, enables embryonic development of zebrafish top2a-/- mutants. BMC Dev Biol. 2011;11:71 pubmed publisher..We conclude that maternal top2a enables zebrafish development before the mid-zygotic transition (MZT) and that zebrafish top2a and top2b are not functionally redundant during development after activation of the zygotic genome. ..
- Mathew L, Sengupta S, Franzosa J, Perry J, La Du J, Andreasen E, et al. Comparative expression profiling reveals an essential role for raldh2 in epimorphic regeneration. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:33642-53 pubmed publisher..Expression of raldh2 is regulated by Wnt and fibroblast growth factor/ERK signaling. ..
- Osborn D, Li K, Hinits Y, Hughes S. Cdkn1c drives muscle differentiation through a positive feedback loop with Myod. Dev Biol. 2011;350:464-75 pubmed publisher..Hh acts by inducing expression of cdkn1c (p57(Kip2)) in slow muscle precursor cells, but neither Hh nor Cdkn1c is required for their cell cycle exit...
- Paridaen J, Janson E, Utami K, Pereboom T, Essers P, van Rooijen C, et al. The nucleolar GTP-binding proteins Gnl2 and nucleostemin are required for retinal neurogenesis in developing zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2011;355:286-301 pubmed publisher..Concomitantly, we observe aberrant expression of the cell cycle regulators cyclinD1 and p57kip2. Our models demonstrate that the loss of Gnl2 or NS induces p53 stabilization and p53-mediated apoptosis...
- Chung H, Chang C, Young H, Hu S, Tzou W, Hu C. Ethanol inhibits retinal and CNS differentiation due to failure of cell cycle exit via an apoptosis-independent pathway. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2013;38:92-103 pubmed publisher..ccne/cyclin E throughout development in neural progenitor cells, without an appropriate increase of cdkn1b/p27 and cdkn1c/p57 expression, suggesting that these cells failed to exit from the cell cycle...
- Chung A, Kim S, Kim E, Kim D, Jeong I, Cha Y, et al. Indian hedgehog B function is required for the specification of oligodendrocyte progenitor cells in the zebrafish CNS. J Neurosci. 2013;33:1728-33 pubmed publisher..Altogether, data from the present study suggested a novel mechanism, mediated by Ihhb, for the sequential generation of motor neurons and oligodendrocytes from pMN precursors in the ventral spinal cord of zebrafish embryos. ..
- Walsh C, Hitchcock P. Progranulin regulates neurogenesis in the developing vertebrate retina. Dev Neurobiol. 2017;77:1114-1129 pubmed publisher..2017 The Authors. Developmental Neurobiology Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Develop Neurobiol 77: 1114-1129, 2017. ..
- Laranjeiro R, Tamai T, Peyric E, Krusche P, Ott S, Whitmore D. Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p20 controls circadian cell-cycle timing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:6835-40 pubmed publisher..Such differences provide a unique mechanism whereby S phase is set to different times of day in a tissue-specific manner, depending on the balance of these two inhibitors...
- Chen Q, Jia A, Snyder S, Gong Z, Lam S. Glucocorticoid activity detected by in vivo zebrafish assay and in vitro glucocorticoid receptor bioassay at environmental relevant concentrations. Chemosphere. 2016;144:1162-9 pubmed publisher..The study demonstrated the important complementary roles of in vivo zebrafish and in vitro bioassays coupled with analytical chemistry in monitoring environmental glucocorticoid contaminants. ..
- Prykhozhij S. In the absence of Sonic hedgehog, p53 induces apoptosis and inhibits retinal cell proliferation, cell-cycle exit and differentiation in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13549 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Shh-mediated control of p53 activity is required for proliferation and cell cycle exit of retinal cells as well as differentiation of amacrine cells and photoreceptors. ..
- Yoo K, Thiruvarangan M, Jeong Y, Lee M, Maddirevula S, Rhee M, et al. Mind Bomb-Binding Partner RanBP9 Plays a Contributory Role in Retinal Development. Mol Cells. 2017;40:271-279 pubmed publisher..marker huC, elevation of neural proliferation marker her4, and alteration of cell cycle marker p57kip2. Expression of the Müller glial cell marker glutamine synthase was also affected in knockdown morphants...
- Shkumatava A, Fischer S, Muller F, Strahle U, Neumann C. Sonic hedgehog, secreted by amacrine cells, acts as a short-range signal to direct differentiation and lamination in the zebrafish retina. Development. 2004;131:3849-58 pubmed..By performing mosaic analysis, we demonstrate that Shh directs these events as a short-range signal within the neural retina. ..
- Berndt J, Halloran M. Semaphorin 3d promotes cell proliferation and neural crest cell development downstream of TCF in the zebrafish hindbrain. Development. 2006;133:3983-92 pubmed..Finally, Sema3d overexpression rescues reduced proliferation caused by DeltaTCF expression, suggesting that Sema3d lies downstream of Wnt/TCF signaling in the molecular pathway thought to control cell cycle in NCC precursors. ..
- Geling A, Itoh M, Tallafuss A, Chapouton P, Tannhäuser B, Kuwada J, et al. bHLH transcription factor Her5 links patterning to regional inhibition of neurogenesis at the midbrain-hindbrain boundary. Development. 2003;130:1591-604 pubmed..Her5 appears as a partially redundant component of this inhibitory process that helps translate early axial patterning information into a distinct spatiotemporal pattern of neurogenesis and cell proliferation within the MH domain. ..
- Zhang S, Mu Z, He C, Zhou M, Liu D, Zhao X, et al. Antiviral Drug Ganciclovir Is a Potent Inhibitor of the Proliferation of Müller Glia-Derived Progenitors During Zebrafish Retinal Regeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:1991-2000 pubmed publisher..Our study uncovered a novel inhibitory effect of GCV on MGPC proliferation and suggests its potential use as a tool to uncover molecular mechanisms underlying retinal regeneration in zebrafish. ..
- Muto A, Arai K, Watanabe S. Rab11-FIP4 is predominantly expressed in neural tissues and involved in proliferation as well as in differentiation during zebrafish retinal development. Dev Biol. 2006;292:90-102 pubmed..The lack of induction of p57kip2 and enhanced expression of cyclin D1 were observed in the morphant retina...
- Huang C, Gu S, Yu P, Yu F, Feng C, Gao N, et al. Deficiency of smarcal1 causes cell cycle arrest and developmental abnormalities in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2010;339:89-100 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SIOD may be caused by defects in cell cycle regulation. Our study provides a model of SIOD and reveals its cellular and molecular bases. ..
- Huang H, Liu J, Yan H, Tsai H. Arl6ip1 plays a role in proliferation during zebrafish retinogenesis. Cells Tissues Organs. 2012;196:161-74 pubmed publisher..We also examined the expressions of shh,p57kip2, and cyclin D1 in retinas of experimental animals...
- Zhao X, Zhao L, Tian T, Zhang Y, Tong J, Zheng X, et al. Interruption of cenph causes mitotic failure and embryonic death, and its haploinsufficiency suppresses cancer in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:27924-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings uncover an essential role of cenph in mitosis and embryonic development and its association with tumor development. ..
- Lu J, Tsai T, Choo S, Yeh S, Tang R, Yang A, et al. Induction of apoptosis and inhibition of cell growth by tbx5 knockdown contribute to dysmorphogenesis in Zebrafish embryos. J Biomed Sci. 2011;18:73 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that mesenchymal cell apoptosis associated with altered TBX5 level may subsequently interfered with organogenesis and contributed to dysmorphogenesis in tbx5 deficiency zebrafish embryos. ..
- Ochocinska M, Hitchcock P. NeuroD regulates proliferation of photoreceptor progenitors in the retina of the zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2009;126:128-41 pubmed publisher..This is the first in vivo demonstration in the retina of cell cycle regulation by NeuroD. ..
- Yeh C, Kao S, Cheng Y, Hsu L. Knockdown of cyclin-dependent kinase 10 (cdk10) gene impairs neural progenitor survival via modulation of raf1a gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:27927-39 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide the first functional characterization of cdk10 in vertebrate development and reveal its critical function in neurogenesis by modulation of raf1a expression. ..
- Lin C, Huang H, Lu P, Lin C, Lu K, Tsai H. Ras-Related Nuclear Protein is required for late developmental stages of retinal cells in zebrafish eyes. Int J Dev Biol. 2015;59:435-42 pubmed publisher..However, the early optic nerve differentiation marker p57kip2 was not expressed at middle (48 hpf) and late (72 hpf) stages...
- Gribble S, Kim H, Bonner J, Wang X, Dorsky R. Tcf3 inhibits spinal cord neurogenesis by regulating sox4a expression. Development. 2009;136:781-9 pubmed publisher..Both of these functions are mediated by Tcf3 independently of canonical Wnt signaling. Together, our data indicate a novel mechanism for the regulation of neurogenesis by Tcf3-mediated repression. ..
- Rodriguez Aznar E, Barrallo Gimeno A, Nieto M. Scratch2 prevents cell cycle re-entry by repressing miR-25 in postmitotic primary neurons. J Neurosci. 2013;33:5095-105 pubmed publisher..Thus, Scratch2 appears to safeguard the homeostasis of postmitotic primary neurons by preventing cell cycle re-entry. ..
- Sleep E, Boue S, Jopling C, Raya M, Raya A, Izpisua Belmonte J. Transcriptomics approach to investigate zebrafish heart regeneration. J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown). 2010;11:369-80 pubmed publisher..Our results offer new insights into the biology of heart regeneration in the zebrafish and, together with future experiments in mammals, may be of potential interest for clinical applications. ..
- Valdivia L, Lamb D, Horner W, Wierzbicki C, Tafessu A, Williams A, et al. Antagonism between Gdf6a and retinoic acid pathways controls timing of retinal neurogenesis and growth of the eye in zebrafish. Development. 2016;143:1087-98 pubmed publisher..Together, our results support a model in which dorsally expressed gdf6a limits RA pathway activity to control the transition from proliferation to differentiation in the growing eye. ..
- Radosevic M, Robert Moreno A, Coolen M, Bally Cuif L, Alsina B. Her9 represses neurogenic fate downstream of Tbx1 and retinoic acid signaling in the inner ear. Development. 2011;138:397-408 pubmed publisher..These findings permit modeling of the complex genetic cascade that underlies neural patterning of the otic vesicle. ..
- Meng Z, Liu W, Xia Y, Yin H, Zhang C, Su D, et al. The pro-inflammatory signalling regulator Stat4 promotes vasculogenesis of great vessels derived from endothelial precursors. Nat Commun. 2017;8:14640 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our study establishes a role for Stat4 in zebrafish great vessel development, and suggests that Stat4 may serve as a therapeutic target for GV defects. ..