Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cdkn1bb
Description: cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1Bb
Alias: cdkn1b, im:7152670, sb:cb611, wu:fb63g10, wu:fb64g10, wu:fe18e03, cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1B, cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1b (p27, kip1), fb64g10, kip1, p27
- Kassen S, Ramanan V, Montgomery J, T Burket C, Liu C, Vihtelic T, et al. Time course analysis of gene expression during light-induced photoreceptor cell death and regeneration in albino zebrafish. Dev Neurobiol. 2007;67:1009-31 pubmed..Some of the Stat3-positive Müller cells expressed PCNA at 31 h, suggesting that Stat3 may play a role in signaling a subset of Müller cells to proliferate during the regeneration response. ..
- Shen L, Zhu J, Chen F, Lin W, Cai J, Zhong J, et al. RUNX1-Evi-1 fusion gene inhibited differentiation and apoptosis in myelopoiesis: an in vivo study. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:970 pubmed publisher..VPA may be a promising choice in the molecular targeting therapy of RUNX1-Evi-1-related leukemia. ..
- Walsh C, Hitchcock P. Progranulin regulates neurogenesis in the developing vertebrate retina. Dev Neurobiol. 2017;77:1114-1129 pubmed publisher..2017 The Authors. Developmental Neurobiology Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Develop Neurobiol 77: 1114-1129, 2017. ..
- Matsumoto H, Fujiwara S, Miyagi H, Nakamura N, Shiga Y, Ohta T, et al. Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors Induce Developmental Toxicity During Zebrafish Embryogenesis, Especially in the Inner Ear. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2017;19:430-440 pubmed publisher..demonstrated that altered gene expression of cell cycle arrest- and apoptosis-related proteins p53, p21, p27, and Bcl-2 occurred even at 0.08 ppm with which normal development was observed...
- Masai I, Yamaguchi M, Tonou Fujimori N, Komori A, Okamoto H. The hedgehog-PKA pathway regulates two distinct steps of the differentiation of retinal ganglion cells: the cell-cycle exit of retinoblasts and their neuronal maturation. Development. 2005;132:1539-53 pubmed..A cyclin-dependent kinase (cdk) inhibitor p27 inhibits the PKA-induced proliferation, suggesting that PKA functions upstream of cyclins and cdk inhibitors...
- Yamaguchi M, Tonou Fujimori N, Komori A, Maeda R, Nojima Y, Li H, et al. Histone deacetylase 1 regulates retinal neurogenesis in zebrafish by suppressing Wnt and Notch signaling pathways. Development. 2005;132:3027-43 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that Hdac1 functions as a dual switch that suppresses both cell-cycle progression and inhibition of neurogenesis in the zebrafish retina. ..
- Chung H, Chang C, Young H, Hu S, Tzou W, Hu C. Ethanol inhibits retinal and CNS differentiation due to failure of cell cycle exit via an apoptosis-independent pathway. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2013;38:92-103 pubmed publisher..D1 and ccne/cyclin E throughout development in neural progenitor cells, without an appropriate increase of cdkn1b/p27 and cdkn1c/p57 expression, suggesting that these cells failed to exit from the cell cycle...
- Kim S, Kim J, Chung A, Kim H, Kim Y, Kim M, et al. Antagonistic regulation of PAF1C and p-TEFb is required for oligodendrocyte differentiation. J Neurosci. 2012;32:8201-7 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that antagonistic regulation of gene expression by PAF1C and p-TEFb plays a crucial role in oligodendrocyte development in the CNS. ..
- Ko C, Tsai M, Tseng W, Cheng C, Huang C, Wu J, et al. Integration of CNS survival and differentiation by HIF2?. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:1757-70 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of hif2?, birc5a or birc5b reduced the expression of the cdk inhibitors p27/cdkn1b and p57/cdkn1c and increased ccnd1/cyclin D1 transcription in the surviving neural progenitor cells...
- Peng K, Li Y, Long L, Li D, Jia Q, Wang Y, et al. Knockdown of FoxO3a induces increased neuronal apoptosis during embryonic development in zebrafish. Neurosci Lett. 2010;484:98-103 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that FoxO3a might be essential for the maintenance of neural development in zebrafish. Therefore, this work provides novel evidence of FoxO3a in the embryonic neurodevelopment from zebrafish to other mammals. ..
- Kedde M, Strasser M, Boldajipour B, Oude Vrielink J, Slanchev K, le Sage C, et al. RNA-binding protein Dnd1 inhibits microRNA access to target mRNA. Cell. 2007;131:1273-86 pubmed..These effects of Dnd1 are mediated through uridine-rich regions present in the miRNA-targeted mRNAs. Thus, our data unravel a novel role of Dnd1 in protecting certain mRNAs from miRNA-mediated repression. ..
- Jiang Z, Song J, Qi F, Xiao A, An X, Liu N, et al. Exdpf is a key regulator of exocrine pancreas development controlled by retinoic acid and ptf1a in zebrafish. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e293 pubmed publisher..demonstrated that the cell cycle arrest is mediated by up-regulation of cell cycle inhibitor genes p21(Cip), p27(Kip), and cyclin G1 in the exdpf morphants...
- Ochocinska M, Hitchcock P. NeuroD regulates proliferation of photoreceptor progenitors in the retina of the zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2009;126:128-41 pubmed publisher..of neuroD causes cells to withdraw from the cell cycle, upregulate the expression of the cell cycle inhibitors, p27 and p57, and downregulate the cell cycle progression factors, Cyclin B1, Cyclin D1, and Cyclin E2...
- Gulati Leekha A, Goldman D. A reporter-assisted mutagenesis screen using alpha 1-tubulin-GFP transgenic zebrafish uncovers missteps during neuronal development and axonogenesis. Dev Biol. 2006;296:29-47 pubmed..Molecular identification of these loci and analysis of the remaining mutational repertoire will offer unique insights into the genetic inputs that go on to make a mature, differentiated neuron. ..
- Tsai T, Lu J, Choo S, Yeh S, Tang R, Lee H, et al. The paracrine effect of exogenous growth hormone alleviates dysmorphogenesis caused by tbx5 deficiency in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. J Biomed Sci. 2012;19:63 pubmed publisher..chain reaction and immunohistochemical analysis, respectively, as well as improving cell cycle-related genes (p27 and cdk2) and cardiomyogenetic genes (amhc, vmhc, and cmlc2)...
- Bao B, He Y, Tang D, Li W, Li H. Inhibition of H3K27me3 Histone Demethylase Activity Prevents the Proliferative Regeneration of Zebrafish Lateral Line Neuromasts. Front Mol Neurosci. 2017;10:51 pubmed publisher..GSK-J4 administration also increased the expression of p21 and p27 in neuromast cells and inhibited the ERK signaling pathway...
- Zhang S, Mu Z, He C, Zhou M, Liu D, Zhao X, et al. Antiviral Drug Ganciclovir Is a Potent Inhibitor of the Proliferation of Müller Glia-Derived Progenitors During Zebrafish Retinal Regeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:1991-2000 pubmed publisher..Our study uncovered a novel inhibitory effect of GCV on MGPC proliferation and suggests its potential use as a tool to uncover molecular mechanisms underlying retinal regeneration in zebrafish. ..
- He Y, Yu H, Sun S, Wang Y, Liu I, Chen Z, et al. Trans-2-phenylcyclopropylamine regulates zebrafish lateral line neuromast development mediated by depression of LSD1 activity. Int J Dev Biol. 2013;57:365-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that LSD1 demethylase activity is required for neuromast development in zebrafish larvae. ..
- He Y, Mei H, Yu H, Sun S, Ni W, Li H. Role of histone deacetylase activity in the developing lateral line neuromast of zebrafish larvae. Exp Mol Med. 2014;46:e94 pubmed publisher..Real-time PCR results showed that the expression of both p21 and p27 mRNA was increased following trichostatin A treatment and the increase in p53 mRNA was modest under the same ..
- Cheng Y, Chiang M, Shih H, Ma T, Yeh T, Huang Y, et al. The transcription factor hairy/E(spl)-related 2 induces proliferation of neural progenitors and regulates neurogenesis and gliogenesis. Dev Biol. 2015;397:116-28 pubmed publisher..of neural progenitors by inhibiting the transcription of the cell cycle inhibitors cdkn1a, cdkn1ba, and cdkn1bb. Her2 knockdown caused premature neuronal differentiation, which indicates that Her2 is essential for inhibiting ..
- Hesselson D, Anderson R, Beinat M, Stainier D. Distinct populations of quiescent and proliferative pancreatic beta-cells identified by HOTcre mediated labeling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14896-901 pubmed publisher..g., diabetes mellitus). Our data reveal the existence of distinct populations of beta-cells in vivo and should help develop better strategies to regulate beta-cell differentiation and proliferation. ..
- Park H, Boyce J, Shin J, Appel B. Oligodendrocyte specification in zebrafish requires notch-regulated cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor function. J Neurosci. 2005;25:6836-44 pubmed
- Berndt J, Halloran M. Semaphorin 3d promotes cell proliferation and neural crest cell development downstream of TCF in the zebrafish hindbrain. Development. 2006;133:3983-92 pubmed..Finally, Sema3d overexpression rescues reduced proliferation caused by DeltaTCF expression, suggesting that Sema3d lies downstream of Wnt/TCF signaling in the molecular pathway thought to control cell cycle in NCC precursors. ..
- Schuck J, Sun H, Penberthy W, Cooper N, Li X, Smith M. Transcriptomic analysis of the zebrafish inner ear points to growth hormone mediated regeneration following acoustic trauma. BMC Neurosci. 2011;12:88 pubmed publisher..GH injection increased cell proliferation in the inner ear of non-sound-exposed zebrafish, suggesting that GH could play an important role in sensory hair cell regeneration in the teleost ear. ..
- Yeh C, Kao S, Cheng Y, Hsu L. Knockdown of cyclin-dependent kinase 10 (cdk10) gene impairs neural progenitor survival via modulation of raf1a gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:27927-39 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide the first functional characterization of cdk10 in vertebrate development and reveal its critical function in neurogenesis by modulation of raf1a expression. ..
- Laranjeiro R, Tamai T, Peyric E, Krusche P, Ott S, Whitmore D. Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p20 controls circadian cell-cycle timing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:6835-40 pubmed publisher..Such differences provide a unique mechanism whereby S phase is set to different times of day in a tissue-specific manner, depending on the balance of these two inhibitors...
- Zheng H, Li S, Wu Z, Zhang Y, Hu S, Yan Y, et al. Differential response of multiple zebrafish hepatic F-box protein genes to 17alpha-ethinylestradiol treatment. J Environ Sci (China). 2011;23:664-70 pubmed..The changes of the expression level of FBP genes induced by EE2 may be an important clue to elucidate the correlations of estrogen and hepatic tumors. ..
- Huang C, Gu S, Yu P, Yu F, Feng C, Gao N, et al. Deficiency of smarcal1 causes cell cycle arrest and developmental abnormalities in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2010;339:89-100 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SIOD may be caused by defects in cell cycle regulation. Our study provides a model of SIOD and reveals its cellular and molecular bases. ..
- Veldman M, Bemben M, Goldman D. Tuba1a gene expression is regulated by KLF6/7 and is necessary for CNS development and regeneration in zebrafish. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2010;43:370-83 pubmed publisher..In vivo knockdown of KLF6a and 7a attenuate regeneration-dependent activation of the endogenous tuba1a and p27 genes...
- Osborn D, Li K, Hinits Y, Hughes S. Cdkn1c drives muscle differentiation through a positive feedback loop with Myod. Dev Biol. 2011;350:464-75 pubmed publisher..Cdkn1c co-operates with Myod to drive differentiation of several early zebrafish muscle fibre types. Myod in turn up-regulates cdkn1c, thereby providing a positive feedback loop that switches myogenic cells to terminal differentiation. ..
- Nicoli S, Knyphausen C, Zhu L, Lakshmanan A, Lawson N. miR-221 is required for endothelial tip cell behaviors during vascular development. Dev Cell. 2012;22:418-29 pubmed publisher..Finally, miR-221 promoted tip cell behavior through repression of two targets: cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor 1b (cdkn1b) and phosphoinositide-3-kinase regulatory subunit 1 (pik3r1)...