Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cdkn1a
Description: cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1A
Alias: cip1, p21, si:ch1073-48m5.2, waf1, cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1
- Taylor A, Humphries J, White R, Murphey R, BURNS C, Zon L. Hematopoietic defects in rps29 mutant zebrafish depend upon p53 activation. Exp Hematol. 2012;40:228-237.e5 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies demonstrate a role of p53 in mediating the cellular defects associated with rps29 and establish a role for rps29 and p53 in hematopoietic stem cells and red blood cell development. ..
- Provost E, Wehner K, Zhong X, Ashar F, Nguyen E, Green R, et al. Ribosomal biogenesis genes play an essential and p53-independent role in zebrafish pancreas development. Development. 2012;139:3232-41 pubmed publisher..The pancreatic phenotypes observed in rpl3- and pes-deficient embryos were also independent of p53. Together, these data suggest novel p53-independent roles for ribosomal biogenesis genes in zebrafish pancreas development...
- Liu X, Huang S, Ma J, Li C, Zhang Y, Luo L. NF-kappaB and Snail1a coordinate the cell cycle with gastrulation. J Cell Biol. 2009;184:805-15 pubmed publisher..In effect, the cell cycle coordinates the delamination of mesendodermal cells through the transcription of Snail1a. Our results suggest a molecular mechanism by which NF-kappaB and Snail1a coordinate the cell cycle through gastrulation. ..
- Anderson R, Bosch J, Goll M, Hesselson D, Dong P, Shin D, et al. Loss of Dnmt1 catalytic activity reveals multiple roles for DNA methylation during pancreas development and regeneration. Dev Biol. 2009;334:213-23 pubmed publisher..In addition, Dnmt1 may influence the differentiation of pancreatic beta cell progenitors or the reprogramming of cells toward the pancreatic beta cell fate. ..
- Liu T, Howlett N, Deng M, Langenau D, Hsu K, Rhodes J, et al. Knockdown of zebrafish Fancd2 causes developmental abnormalities via p53-dependent apoptosis. Dev Cell. 2003;5:903-14 pubmed
- Shen L, Chen F, Zhang Y, Cao L, Kuang Y, Zhong M, et al. MYCN transgenic zebrafish model with the characterization of acute myeloid leukemia and altered hematopoiesis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59070 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this MYCN transgenic zebrafish model facilitates dissection of MYCN-mediated signaling in vivo, and enables high-throughput scale screens to identify the potential therapeutic targets. ..
- Laranjeiro R, Tamai T, Peyric E, Krusche P, Ott S, Whitmore D. Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p20 controls circadian cell-cycle timing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:6835-40 pubmed publisher..conserved cell-cycle regulator, cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1d (20 kDa protein, p20), which along with p21, is a strongly rhythmic gene and directly clock-controlled...
- Chen J, Ng S, Chang C, Zhang Z, Bourdon J, Lane D, et al. p53 isoform delta113p53 is a p53 target gene that antagonizes p53 apoptotic activity via BclxL activation in zebrafish. Genes Dev. 2009;23:278-90 pubmed publisher..Our results establish a novel feedback pathway that modulates the p53 response and suggest that modulation of the p53 pathway by p53 isoforms might have an impact on p53 tumor suppressor activity. ..
- Imamura S, Uchiyama J, Koshimizu E, Hanai J, Raftopoulou C, Murphey R, et al. A non-canonical function of zebrafish telomerase reverse transcriptase is required for developmental hematopoiesis. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3364 pubmed publisher..The data also provide insights into a non-canonical pathway by which TERT functions to modulate specification of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells during vertebrate development. (276 words). ..
- Lee K, Goh W, Xu M, Kua N, Lunny D, Wong J, et al. Detection of the p53 response in zebrafish embryos using new monoclonal antibodies. Oncogene. 2008;27:629-40 pubmed
- Soares J, Castro L, Reis Henriques M, Monteiro N, Santos M. Zebrafish (Danio rerio) life-cycle exposure to chronic low doses of ethinylestradiol modulates p53 gene transcription within the gonads, but not NER pathways. Ecotoxicology. 2012;21:1513-22 pubmed publisher..e., p21 (cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor), GADD45? (growth arrest and DNA damage induced 45, alpha), bax (bcl2-associated ..
- Yuan H, Zhou J, Deng M, Liu X, Le Bras M, De The H, et al. Small ubiquitin-related modifier paralogs are indispensable but functionally redundant during early development of zebrafish. Cell Res. 2010;20:185-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that SUMO paralogs are indispensable, but redundant, in the early development of zebrafish. ..
- Jie Z, Li T, Jia Yun H, Qiu J, Ping Yao Z, Houyan S. Trans-2-phenylcyclopropylamine induces nerve cells apoptosis in zebrafish mediated by depression of LSD1 activity. Brain Res Bull. 2009;80:79-84 pubmed publisher..RT-PCR at 24hpf evaluated that the absence of LSD1 resulted in increased expression of two p53 target genes (p21 and bax2)...
- Wen R, Li J, Xu X, Cui Z, Xiao W. Zebrafish Mms2 promotes K63-linked polyubiquitination and is involved in p53-mediated DNA-damage response. DNA Repair (Amst). 2012;11:157-66 pubmed publisher..ablation of DrMms2, but not DrUev1, enhances both spontaneous and DNA-damage induced expression of p53 effectors p21 and mdm2. In addition, DrUbc13 specifically binds Drp53 in an in vitro assay...
- Lu X, Wei Y, Liu F. Direct regulation of p53 by miR-142a-3p mediates the survival of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in zebrafish. Cell Discov. 2015;1:15027 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our work reveals the significance of the miR-142a-3p-p53 pathway in controlling hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell survival, and thus advances our understanding of the role of p53 in vertebrate hematopoiesis. ..
- Han R, Zhao Q, Zong S, Miao S, Song W, Wang L. A novel TRIM family member, Trim69, regulates zebrafish development through p53-mediated apoptosis. Mol Reprod Dev. 2016;83:442-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that trim69 participates in tp53-mediated apoptosis during zebrafish development. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 83: 442-454, 2016. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Stiff T, Casar Tena T, O Driscoll M, Jeggo P, Philipp M. ATR promotes cilia signalling: links to developmental impacts. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1574-87 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a novel role for ATR in cilia signalling distinct from its canonical function during replication and strengthen emerging links between cilia function and development. ..
- Cheng Y, Chiang M, Shih H, Ma T, Yeh T, Huang Y, et al. The transcription factor hairy/E(spl)-related 2 induces proliferation of neural progenitors and regulates neurogenesis and gliogenesis. Dev Biol. 2015;397:116-28 pubmed publisher..to promote the proliferation of neural progenitors by inhibiting the transcription of the cell cycle inhibitors cdkn1a, cdkn1ba, and cdkn1bb...
- Balow S, Pierce L, Zentner G, Conrad P, Davis S, Sabaawy H, et al. Knockdown of fbxl10/kdm2bb rescues chd7 morphant phenotype in a zebrafish model of CHARGE syndrome. Dev Biol. 2013;382:57-69 pubmed publisher..The chd7 morphants show elevated expression of several potent cell-cycle inhibitors including ink4ab (p16/p15), p21 and p27, accompanied by reduced cell proliferation...
- Matsumoto H, Fujiwara S, Miyagi H, Nakamura N, Shiga Y, Ohta T, et al. Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors Induce Developmental Toxicity During Zebrafish Embryogenesis, Especially in the Inner Ear. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2017;19:430-440 pubmed publisher..RNA measurement demonstrated that altered gene expression of cell cycle arrest- and apoptosis-related proteins p53, p21, p27, and Bcl-2 occurred even at 0.08 ppm with which normal development was observed...
- Mudbhary R, Hoshida Y, Chernyavskaya Y, Jacob V, Villanueva A, Fiel M, et al. UHRF1 overexpression drives DNA hypomethylation and hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Cell. 2014;25:196-209 pubmed publisher..We propose that UHRF1 overexpression is a mechanism underlying DNA hypomethylation in cancer cells and that senescence is a primary means of restricting tumorigenesis due to epigenetic disruption...
- Weiner A, Scampoli N, Calcaterra N. Fishing the molecular bases of Treacher Collins syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29574 pubmed publisher..This experimental condition may facilitate the study of the disease etiology during embryonic development. ..
- Tee J, van Rooijen C, Boonen R, Zivkovic D. Regulation of slow and fast muscle myofibrillogenesis by Wnt/beta-catenin and myostatin signaling. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5880 pubmed publisher..The effects of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling on fast muscle hypertrophy were rescued by misexpression of Myostatin or p21(CIP/WAF), establishing an in vivo regulation of myofibrillogenesis by Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and Myostatin...
- Narla A, Payne E, Abayasekara N, Hurst S, Raiser D, Look A, et al. L-Leucine improves the anaemia in models of Diamond Blackfan anaemia and the 5q- syndrome in a TP53-independent way. Br J Haematol. 2014;167:524-528 pubmed publisher..we used antisense MOs to rps19 and rps14 in zebrafish; expression of tp53 and its downstream target cdkn1a remained elevated following L-leucine treatment. We confirmed this observation in human CD34+ cells...
- Song Y, Shi Y, Carland T, Lian S, Sasaki T, Schork N, et al. p53-Dependent DNA damage response sensitive to editing-defective tRNA synthetase in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:8460-5 pubmed publisher..DNA break-responsive H2AX and p53-responsive downstream proteins, such as cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) inhibitor p21, which promotes cell-cycle arrest at DNA damage checkpoints, and Gadd45 and p53R2, with pivotal roles in DNA repair...
- Shtraizent N, DeRossi C, Nayar S, Sachidanandam R, Katz L, Prince A, et al. MPI depletion enhances O-GlcNAcylation of p53 and suppresses the Warburg effect. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..This work provides mechanistic evidence by which MPI loss induces p53, and identifies MPI as a novel regulator of p53 and Warburg metabolism. ..
- Zhao X, Zhang Y, Ni P, Wu Z, Yan Y, Li Y. Protein Arginine Methyltransferase 6 (Prmt6) Is Essential for Early Zebrafish Development through the Direct Suppression of gadd45Î±a Stress Sensor Gene. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:402-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that maternal Prmt6 is essential to early zebrafish development by directly repressing gadd45Î±a. ..
- He Y, Cai C, Tang D, Sun S, Li H. Effect of histone deacetylase inhibitors trichostatin A and valproic acid on hair cell regeneration in zebrafish lateral line neuromasts. Front Cell Neurosci. 2014;8:382 pubmed publisher..showed that TSA or VPA treatment caused a significant decrease in the percentage of S-phase cells and induced p21(Cip1) and p27(Kip1) expression, both of which are likely to explain the decrease in the amount of newly regenerated hair ..
- Venkateswaran A, Sekhar K, Levic D, Melville D, Clark T, Rybski W, et al. The NADH oxidase ENOX1, a critical mediator of endothelial cell radiosensitization, is crucial for vascular development. Cancer Res. 2014;74:38-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, our current findings, coupled with previous research, support the hypothesis that ENOX1 represents a potential cancer therapy target, one that combines molecular targeting with cytotoxic sensitization. ..
- Yee N, Zhou W, Chun S, Liang I, Yee R. Targeting developmental regulators of zebrafish exocrine pancreas as a therapeutic approach in human pancreatic cancer. Biol Open. 2012;1:295-307 pubmed publisher..with supra-additive upregulation of the pro-apoptotic regulator BAX and the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p21(CDKN1A)...
- Ear J, Hsueh J, Nguyen M, Zhang Q, Sung V, Chopra R, et al. A Zebrafish Model of 5q-Syndrome Using CRISPR/Cas9 Targeting RPS14 Reveals a p53-Independent and p53-Dependent Mechanism of Erythroid Failure. J Genet Genomics. 2016;43:307-18 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate the versatility of this model to test various pharmacological agents, such as RAP-011, L-leucine, and dexamethasone in order to identify molecules that can reverse the anemic phenotype. ..
- Zhai Y, Zhao X, Sheng J, Gao X, Ou Z, Xu Z. Ribonuclease like 5 regulates zebrafish yolk extension by suppressing a p53-dependent DNA damage response pathway. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2015;65:12-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide the first functional characterization of Rnasel5 in zebrafish development and reveal its critical role in yolk extension by modulation of the p53 pathway. ..
- Lau M, Kwong E, Lai K, Li J, Ho J, Chan T, et al. Pathogenesis of POLR1C-dependent Type 3 Treacher Collins Syndrome revealed by a zebrafish model. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1862:1147-58 pubmed publisher..Lastly, we partially rescued the TCS facial phenotype in the background of p53 mutants, which supported the hypothesis that POLR1C-dependent type 3 TCS is associated with the p53 pathway. ..
- Peyric E, Moore H, Whitmore D. Circadian clock regulation of the cell cycle in the zebrafish intestine. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73209 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this intestinal clock controls the expression of key cell cycle regulators, such as cdc2, wee1, p21, PCNA and cdk2, but only weakly influences cyclin B1, cyclin B2 and cyclin E1 expression...
- Chen C, Lin D, Cheng C, Lin C, Lo Y, Yen C, et al. Cdc6 cooperates with c-Myc to promote genome instability and epithelial to mesenchymal transition EMT in zebrafish. Oncotarget. 2014;5:6300-11 pubmed..Our findings and other characteristics of zebrafish, including optical clarity and small molecule treatment, provide the future utility of this model for easy and non-invasive detection and for identification of new anti-cancer drug. ..
- Lim C, Chong S, Jiang Y. Udu deficiency activates DNA damage checkpoint. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4183-93 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Udu is colocalized with 5-bromo-2'-deoxyuridine and heterochromatin during DNA replication, suggesting a role in maintaining genome integrity. ..
- Danilova N, Bibikova E, Covey T, Nathanson D, Dimitrova E, Konto Y, et al. The role of the DNA damage response in zebrafish and cellular models of Diamond Blackfan anemia. Dis Model Mech. 2014;7:895-905 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the rescue of RP-deficient zebrafish with exogenous nucleosides suggests that nucleoside supplements could be beneficial in the treatment of DBA. ..
- Serifi I, Tzima E, Soupsana K, Karetsou Z, Beis D, Papamarcaki T. The zebrafish homologs of SET/I2PP2A oncoprotein: expression patterns and insights into their physiological roles during development. Biochem J. 2016;473:4609-4627 pubmed..Collectively, our results suggest that seta and setb are required during embryogenesis and play roles in the zebrafish sensory system development. ..
- Bibikova E, Youn M, Danilova N, Ono Uruga Y, Konto Ghiorghi Y, Ochoa R, et al. TNF-mediated inflammation represses GATA1 and activates p38 MAP kinase in RPS19-deficient hematopoietic progenitors. Blood. 2014;124:3791-8 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal that RPS19 deficiency leads to inflammation, p53-dependent increase in TNF-Î±, activation of p38 MAPK, and decreased GATA1 expression, suggesting a novel mechanism for the erythroid defects observed in DBA. ..
- Forrester A, Grabher C, McBride E, Boyd E, Vigerstad M, Edgar A, et al. NUP98-HOXA9-transgenic zebrafish develop a myeloproliferative neoplasm and provide new insight into mechanisms of myeloid leukaemogenesis. Br J Haematol. 2011;155:167-81 pubmed publisher..This tool provides a unique opportunity for high-throughput in vivo chemical modifier screens to identify novel therapeutic agents in high risk AML. ..
- Springelkamp H, Iglesias A, Mishra A, Höhn R, Wojciechowski R, Khawaja A, et al. New insights into the genetics of primary open-angle glaucoma based on meta-analyses of intraocular pressure and optic disc characteristics. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:438-453 pubmed publisher..Further, we identified a novel association between CDKN1A and POAG...
- Tsai I, Yang Z, Lin Z, Wen C, Cheng C, Chen Y. Flavone is efficient to protect zebrafish fins from UV-induced damage. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2012;35:341-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, zebrafish can be used as a system for comparing the UV-protection efficacy of flavonoids. ..
- Long Y, Li Q, Li J, Cui Z. Molecular analysis, developmental function and heavy metal-induced expression of ABCC5 in zebrafish. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2011;158:46-55 pubmed publisher..activity by its dominant-negative led to the developmental retardation of zebrafish embryos in which activity of p21 signaling was markedly stimulated and cellular cGMP content was significantly increased...
- Chen Y, Wen C, Lin C, Chou C, Yang Z, Wang Y. UV-induced fin damage in zebrafish as a system for evaluating the chemopreventive potential of broccoli and cauliflower extracts. Toxicol Mech Methods. 2011;21:63-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, zebrafish can be used as a system for evaluating the efficacy of other UVB protective compounds. ..
- Ma J, Evrard S, Badiola I, Siegfried G, Khatib A. Regulation of the proprotein convertases expression and activity during regenerative angiogenesis: Role of hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF). Eur J Cell Biol. 2017;96:457-468 pubmed publisher..proliferation and caudal fin regeneration that is associated with the expression of the anti-proliferative genes P21, P16, PC3 and P53 in ZF4 cells and in non-regenerating stump tissues...
- Jung I, Leem G, Jung D, Kim M, Kim E, Kim S, et al. Glioma is formed by active Akt1 alone and promoted by active Rac1 in transgenic zebrafish. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:290-304 pubmed publisher..The zebrafish model reinforces the pivotal role of Akt signaling in gliomagenesis and suggests Rac1 as an important protein involved in progression. ..
- Boglev Y, Badrock A, Trotter A, Du Q, Richardson E, Parslow A, et al. Autophagy induction is a Tor- and Tp53-independent cell survival response in a zebrafish model of disrupted ribosome biogenesis. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003279 pubmed publisher..This response may be of relevance to therapeutic strategies aimed at killing cancer cells by targeting ribosome biogenesis. In certain contexts, these treatments may promote autophagy and contribute to cancer cells evading cell death. ..
- Wilkins B, Lorent K, Matthews R, Pack M. p53-mediated biliary defects caused by knockdown of cirh1a, the zebrafish homolog of the gene responsible for North American Indian Childhood Cirrhosis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77670 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first in vivo evidence of a role for Cirhin in biliary development, and support the hypothesis that congenital defects affecting ribosome biogenesis can activate a cellular stress response mediated by p53. ..
- Costa S, Monteiro M, da Silva Júnior F, Sandrini J. Methylene blue toxicity in zebrafish cell line is dependent on light exposure. Cell Biol Int. 2016;40:895-905 pubmed publisher..However, the pathways leading to apoptosis in this model appear to be dependent on the type of MB exposure (in the presence or absence of PAR). ..
- Dash S, Hakonen E, Ustinov J, Otonkoski T, Andersson O, Lehtonen S. sept7b is required for the differentiation of pancreatic endocrine progenitors. Sci Rep. 2016;6:24992 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study provides a novel insight into the development of pancreatic endocrine progenitors, revealing an essential role for sept7b in endocrine progenitor differentiation. ..
- Santoriello C, Gennaro E, Anelli V, Distel M, Kelly A, Köster R, et al. Kita driven expression of oncogenic HRAS leads to early onset and highly penetrant melanoma in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15170 pubmed publisher..Thus our zebrafish model provides a link between kita expressing melanocyte progenitors and melanoma and offers the advantage of a larval phenotype suitable for large scale drug and genetic modifier screens. ..
- Botthof J, Bielczyk MaczyÅ„ska E, Ferreira L, Cvejic A. Loss of the homologous recombination gene rad51 leads to Fanconi anemia-like symptoms in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E4452-E4461 pubmed publisher..Further research on this zebrafish FA model will lead to a deeper understanding of the molecular basis of bone marrow failure in FA and the cellular role of RAD51. ..
- Hesse R, Kouklis G, Ahituv N, Pomerantz J. The human ARF tumor suppressor senses blastema activity and suppresses epimorphic tissue regeneration. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..The antagonistic pleiotropic characteristics of ARF as both tumor and regeneration suppressor imply that inducing epimorphic regeneration clinically would require modulation of ARF -p53 axis activation. ..
- Hu Z, Holzschuh J, Driever W. Loss of DDB1 Leads to Transcriptional p53 Pathway Activation in Proliferating Cells, Cell Cycle Deregulation, and Apoptosis in Zebrafish Embryos. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0134299 pubmed publisher..a concomitant strong up-regulation of transcripts of the tumor suppressor p53 (tp53) and the cell cycle inhibitor cdkn1a (p21a/bCIP1/WAF1) in proliferating tissues...
- Huang C, Gu S, Yu P, Yu F, Feng C, Gao N, et al. Deficiency of smarcal1 causes cell cycle arrest and developmental abnormalities in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2010;339:89-100 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SIOD may be caused by defects in cell cycle regulation. Our study provides a model of SIOD and reveals its cellular and molecular bases. ..
- Prykhozhij S. In the absence of Sonic hedgehog, p53 induces apoptosis and inhibits retinal cell proliferation, cell-cycle exit and differentiation in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13549 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Shh-mediated control of p53 activity is required for proliferation and cell cycle exit of retinal cells as well as differentiation of amacrine cells and photoreceptors. ..
- Donnini S, Solito R, Cetti E, Corti F, Giachetti A, Carra S, et al. Abeta peptides accelerate the senescence of endothelial cells in vitro and in vivo, impairing angiogenesis. FASEB J. 2010;24:2385-95 pubmed publisher..Beta-galactosidase staining and the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p21 expression, indicative of senescence, were increased...
- Bao B, He Y, Tang D, Li W, Li H. Inhibition of H3K27me3 Histone Demethylase Activity Prevents the Proliferative Regeneration of Zebrafish Lateral Line Neuromasts. Front Mol Neurosci. 2017;10:51 pubmed publisher..GSK-J4 administration also increased the expression of p21 and p27 in neuromast cells and inhibited the ERK signaling pathway...
- Jiang Z, Song J, Qi F, Xiao A, An X, Liu N, et al. Exdpf is a key regulator of exocrine pancreas development controlled by retinoic acid and ptf1a in zebrafish. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e293 pubmed publisher..PCR results demonstrated that the cell cycle arrest is mediated by up-regulation of cell cycle inhibitor genes p21(Cip), p27(Kip), and cyclin G1 in the exdpf morphants...
- Zhang S, Mu Z, He C, Zhou M, Liu D, Zhao X, et al. Antiviral Drug Ganciclovir Is a Potent Inhibitor of the Proliferation of Müller Glia-Derived Progenitors During Zebrafish Retinal Regeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:1991-2000 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that GCV irreversibly inhibited MGPC proliferation likely through a p53-p21(cip1)-dependent pathway...
- Wang Y, Cheng C, Lee W, Chiou M, Pai C, Wen C, et al. A novel phenotype-based approach for systematically screening antiproliferation metallodrugs. Chem Biol Interact. 2009;182:84-91 pubmed publisher..In summary, it was concluded that the zebrafish model was effective for the screening of phenotype-based antiproliferation metallodrugs. ..
- Corrales J, Fang X, Thornton C, Mei W, Barbazuk W, Duke M, et al. Effects on specific promoter DNA methylation in zebrafish embryos and larvae following benzo[a]pyrene exposure. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2014;163:37-46 pubmed publisher..3hpf, dazl, nqo1, sox3, cyp1b1, and gstp1 had higher methylation percentages while c-fos and cdkn1a had decreased CG methylation. BaP exposure significantly reduced egg production and offspring survival...
- He Y, Yu H, Sun S, Wang Y, Liu I, Chen Z, et al. Trans-2-phenylcyclopropylamine regulates zebrafish lateral line neuromast development mediated by depression of LSD1 activity. Int J Dev Biol. 2013;57:365-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that LSD1 demethylase activity is required for neuromast development in zebrafish larvae. ..
- Armas P, Margarit E, Mouguelar V, Allende M, Calcaterra N. Beyond the binding site: in vivo identification of tbx2, smarca5 and wnt5b as molecular targets of CNBP during embryonic development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63234 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it represents a novel approach toward understanding the biological function and regulatory networks involving CNBP in the biology of vertebrates. ..
- Henriques C, Carneiro M, Tenente I, Jacinto A, Ferreira M. Telomerase is required for zebrafish lifespan. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003214 pubmed publisher..Thus, telomerase is limiting for zebrafish lifespan, enabling the study of telomere shortening in naturally ageing individuals...
- Uribe R, Kwon T, Marcotte E, Gross J. Id2a functions to limit Notch pathway activity and thereby influence the transition from proliferation to differentiation of retinoblasts during zebrafish retinogenesis. Dev Biol. 2012;371:280-92 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the integral role played by Id2a in the gene regulatory network governing the transition from retinoblast proliferation to terminal differentiation during vertebrate retinogenesis. ..
- Gerety S, Wilkinson D. Morpholino artifacts provide pitfalls and reveal a novel role for pro-apoptotic genes in hindbrain boundary development. Dev Biol. 2011;350:279-89 pubmed publisher..In light of these findings, we discuss the precautions needed in performing morpholino knockdowns and in interpreting the data derived from their use. ..
- Yee N, Zhou W, Liang I. Transient receptor potential ion channel Trpm7 regulates exocrine pancreatic epithelial proliferation by Mg2+-sensitive Socs3a signaling in development and cancer. Dis Model Mech. 2011;4:240-54 pubmed publisher..Results of this study indicate that Trpm7 regulates exocrine pancreatic development via the Mg(2+)-sensitive Socs3a pathway, and suggest that aberrant TRPM7-mediated signaling contributes to pancreatic carcinogenesis. ..