Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ccng1
Description: cyclin G1
Alias: cb138, fd08g04, sb:cb138, wu:fb07e04, wu:fd08g04, zgc:56595, cyclin-G1
- Celeghin A, Benato F, Pikulkaew S, Rabbane M, Colombo L, Dalla Valle L. The knockdown of the maternal estrogen receptor 2a (esr2a) mRNA affects embryo transcript contents and larval development in zebrafish. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2011;172:120-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest the involvement of maternal esr2a mRNA, presumably transactivated by maternal 17?-estradiol stored in the oocyte from enveloping granulosa cells, in the epigenetic programming of zebrafish development. ..
- Paridaen J, Janson E, Utami K, Pereboom T, Essers P, van Rooijen C, et al. The nucleolar GTP-binding proteins Gnl2 and nucleostemin are required for retinal neurogenesis in developing zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2011;355:286-301 pubmed publisher..Finally, the data suggest that Gnl2 and NS affect cell cycle exit of neural progenitors by regulating the expression of cell cycle regulators independently of p53. ..
- Chen C, Lin D, Cheng C, Lin C, Lo Y, Yen C, et al. Cdc6 cooperates with c-Myc to promote genome instability and epithelial to mesenchymal transition EMT in zebrafish. Oncotarget. 2014;5:6300-11 pubmed..Our findings and other characteristics of zebrafish, including optical clarity and small molecule treatment, provide the future utility of this model for easy and non-invasive detection and for identification of new anti-cancer drug. ..
- Li I, Chen Y, Wang Y, Tzeng B, Ou C, Lau Y, et al. Zebrafish Adar2 Edits the Q/R site of AMPA receptor Subunit gria2? transcript to ensure normal development of nervous system and cranial neural crest cells. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e97133 pubmed publisher..Our results present a link between dysfunction of AMPA receptors and defective development of the nervous system and cranial neural crest in the zebrafish. ..
- Jiang Z, Song J, Qi F, Xiao A, An X, Liu N, et al. Exdpf is a key regulator of exocrine pancreas development controlled by retinoic acid and ptf1a in zebrafish. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e293 pubmed publisher..that the cell cycle arrest is mediated by up-regulation of cell cycle inhibitor genes p21(Cip), p27(Kip), and cyclin G1 in the exdpf morphants...
- Balow S, Pierce L, Zentner G, Conrad P, Davis S, Sabaawy H, et al. Knockdown of fbxl10/kdm2bb rescues chd7 morphant phenotype in a zebrafish model of CHARGE syndrome. Dev Biol. 2013;382:57-69 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CHARGE-like phenotypes in zebrafish can be mitigated through modulation of fbxl10 levels and implicate FBXL10 as a possible therapeutic target in CHARGE syndrome. ..
- Sanden M, Ornsrud R, Sissener N, Jorgensen S, Gu J, Bakke A, et al. Cross-generational feeding of Bt (Bacillus thuringiensis)-maize to zebrafish (Danio rerio) showed no adverse effects on the parental or offspring generations. Br J Nutr. 2013;110:2222-33 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, it is suggested that Bt-maize is as safe and nutritious as its nBt control when fed to zebrafish for two generations...
- Timme Laragy A, Karchner S, Franks D, Jenny M, Harbeitner R, Goldstone J, et al. Nrf2b, novel zebrafish paralog of oxidant-responsive transcription factor NF-E2-related factor 2 (NRF2). J Biol Chem. 2012;287:4609-27 pubmed publisher..by microarray identified a specific role for Nrf2b as a negative regulator of several genes, including p53, cyclin G1, and heme oxygenase 1, in embryos...
- Sandrini J, Bianchini A, Trindade G, Nery L, Marins L. Reactive oxygen species generation and expression of DNA repair-related genes after copper exposure in zebrafish (Danio rerio) ZFL cells. Aquat Toxicol. 2009;95:285-91 pubmed publisher..Taken all together, results obtained suggest that the increased intracellular ROS formation induced by copper exposure would be responsible for the alteration in gene expression pattern observed. ..
- Newman M, Tucker B, Nornes S, Ward A, Lardelli M. Altering presenilin gene activity in zebrafish embryos causes changes in expression of genes with potential involvement in Alzheimer's disease pathogenesis. J Alzheimers Dis. 2009;16:133-47 pubmed publisher..Five of these have known function and showed increased expression: cyclin G1 (ccng1), prosaposin (psap), cathepsin Lb (ctslb), heat shock protein 70kDa (hsp70) and hatching enzyme 1 (he1)...
- de Peralta M, Mouguelar V, Sdrigotti M, Ishiy F, Fanganiello R, Passos Bueno M, et al. Cnbp ameliorates Treacher Collins Syndrome craniofacial anomalies through a pathway that involves redox-responsive genes. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2397 pubmed publisher..Based on this, we suggest CNBP as an additional target for new alternative therapeutic treatments to reduce craniofacial defects not only in TCS but also in other neurocristopathies. ..
- Guo L, Chua J, Vijayakumar D, Lee K, Lim K, Eng H, et al. Detection of the 113p53 protein isoform: a p53-induced protein that feeds back on the p53 pathway to modulate the p53 response in zebrafish. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:1998-2007 pubmed
- Sandrini J, Trindade G, Nery L, Marins L. Time-course expression of DNA repair-related genes in hepatocytes of zebrafish (Danio rerio) after UV-B exposure. Photochem Photobiol. 2009;85:220-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results demonstrate an activation of the DNA repair system in hepatocytes of zebrafish exposed to UV-B radiation, mainly involving the participation of p53. ..
- Sanden M, Jørgensen S, Hemre G, Ørnsrud R, Sissener N. Zebrafish (Danio rerio) as a model for investigating dietary toxic effects of deoxynivalenol contamination in aquaculture feeds. Food Chem Toxicol. 2012;50:4441-8 pubmed publisher..0 ppm DON compared to the control group, 0.1, 0.5 and 1.5 ppm group. Gene transcripts of CuZn SOD and Cyclin G1 increased with increasing content of dietary DON...
- Taylor A, Humphries J, White R, Murphey R, BURNS C, Zon L. Hematopoietic defects in rps29 mutant zebrafish depend upon p53 activation. Exp Hematol. 2012;40:228-237.e5 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies demonstrate a role of p53 in mediating the cellular defects associated with rps29 and establish a role for rps29 and p53 in hematopoietic stem cells and red blood cell development. ..
- Lam S, Ung C, Hlaing M, Hu J, Li Z, Mathavan S, et al. Molecular insights into 4-nitrophenol-induced hepatotoxicity in zebrafish: transcriptomic, histological and targeted gene expression analyses. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1830:4778-89 pubmed publisher..This is the first transcriptomic report on 4-NP induced hepatotoxicity. ..
- Henriques C, Carneiro M, Tenente I, Jacinto A, Ferreira M. Telomerase is required for zebrafish lifespan. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003214 pubmed publisher..Thus, telomerase is limiting for zebrafish lifespan, enabling the study of telomere shortening in naturally ageing individuals...
- Yee N, Zhou W, Liang I. Transient receptor potential ion channel Trpm7 regulates exocrine pancreatic epithelial proliferation by Mg2+-sensitive Socs3a signaling in development and cancer. Dis Model Mech. 2011;4:240-54 pubmed publisher..Results of this study indicate that Trpm7 regulates exocrine pancreatic development via the Mg(2+)-sensitive Socs3a pathway, and suggest that aberrant TRPM7-mediated signaling contributes to pancreatic carcinogenesis. ..
- Yuan H, Zhou J, Deng M, Liu X, Le Bras M, De The H, et al. Small ubiquitin-related modifier paralogs are indispensable but functionally redundant during early development of zebrafish. Cell Res. 2010;20:185-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that SUMO paralogs are indispensable, but redundant, in the early development of zebrafish. ..
- Lau M, Kwong E, Lai K, Li J, Ho J, Chan T, et al. Pathogenesis of POLR1C-dependent Type 3 Treacher Collins Syndrome revealed by a zebrafish model. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1862:1147-58 pubmed publisher..Lastly, we partially rescued the TCS facial phenotype in the background of p53 mutants, which supported the hypothesis that POLR1C-dependent type 3 TCS is associated with the p53 pathway. ..
- Yang H, Zhou Y, Gu J, Xie S, Xu Y, Zhu G, et al. Deep mRNA sequencing analysis to capture the transcriptome landscape of zebrafish embryos and larvae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64058 pubmed publisher..Our study provides ample information for further study about the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying vertebrate development. ..
- Boglev Y, Badrock A, Trotter A, Du Q, Richardson E, Parslow A, et al. Autophagy induction is a Tor- and Tp53-independent cell survival response in a zebrafish model of disrupted ribosome biogenesis. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003279 pubmed publisher..This response may be of relevance to therapeutic strategies aimed at killing cancer cells by targeting ribosome biogenesis. In certain contexts, these treatments may promote autophagy and contribute to cancer cells evading cell death. ..
- Cox A, Tsomides A, Kim A, Saunders D, Hwang K, Evason K, et al. Selenoprotein H is an essential regulator of redox homeostasis that cooperates with p53 in development and tumorigenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E5562-71 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings establish that seph regulates redox homeostasis and suppresses DNA damage. We hypothesize that SepH deficiency may contribute to the increased cancer risk observed in cohorts with low selenium levels. ..