Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ccnd1
Description: cyclin D1
Alias: cb161, cycd1, etID37810.7, fb52e01, fc45c08, fc83a12, id:ibd1198, wu:fb52e01, wu:fc45c08, wu:fc83a12, G1/S-specific cyclin-D1
- Liu W, Wu M, Huang Z, Lian J, Chen J, Wang T, et al. c-myb hyperactivity leads to myeloid and lymphoid malignancies in zebrafish. Leukemia. 2017;31:222-233 pubmed publisher..Our study establishes a zebrafish model for studying the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying c-Myb-associated leukemogenesis as well as for anti-leukemic drug screening. ..
- Stephens W, Senecal M, Nguyen M, Piotrowski T. Loss of adenomatous polyposis coli (apc) results in an expanded ciliary marginal zone in the zebrafish eye. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2066-77 pubmed publisher..Our results introduce the zebrafish apc mutation as a new model to study signaling pathways regulating the CMZ. ..
- Deveau A, Forrester A, Coombs A, Wagner G, Grabher C, Chute I, et al. Epigenetic therapy restores normal hematopoiesis in a zebrafish model of NUP98-HOXA9-induced myeloid disease. Leukemia. 2015;29:2086-97 pubmed publisher..Our work proposes novel drug targets in NHA9-induced myeloid disease, and suggests rational therapies by combining minimal doses of known bioactive compounds. ..
- Nery L, Eltz N, Martins L, Guerim L, Pereira T, Bogo M, et al. Sustained behavioral effects of lithium exposure during early development in zebrafish: involvement of the Wnt-?-catenin signaling pathway. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2014;55:101-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that zebrafish may be a valuable model for investigation of early effects of lithium that may be mediated by effects on the Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Goessling W, North T, Loewer S, Lord A, Lee S, Stoick Cooper C, et al. Genetic interaction of PGE2 and Wnt signaling regulates developmental specification of stem cells and regeneration. Cell. 2009;136:1136-47 pubmed publisher..Our work provides in vivo evidence that Wnt activation in stem cells requires PGE2, and suggests the PGE2/Wnt interaction is a master regulator of vertebrate regeneration and recovery. ..
- Nissim S, Weeks O, Talbot J, Hedgepeth J, Wucherpfennig J, Schatzman Bone S, et al. Iterative use of nuclear receptor Nr5a2 regulates multiple stages of liver and pancreas development. Dev Biol. 2016;418:108-123 pubmed publisher..These findings define critical iterative and pleiotropic roles for Nr5a2 at distinct stages of pancreas and liver organogenesis, and provide novel perspectives for interpreting the role of Nr5a2 in disease. ..
- Rong X, Zhou Y, Liu Y, Zhao B, Wang B, Wang C, et al. Glutathione peroxidase 4 inhibits Wnt/?-catenin signaling and regulates dorsal organizer formation in zebrafish embryos. Development. 2017;144:1687-1697 pubmed publisher..Our findings unravel GPX4 as a suppressor of Wnt/?-catenin signals, suggesting a possible relationship between the Wnt/?-catenin pathway and selenium via the association of Tcf/Lef family proteins with GPX4. ..
- Nadauld L, Sandoval I, Chidester S, Yost H, Jones D. Adenomatous polyposis coli control of retinoic acid biosynthesis is critical for zebrafish intestinal development and differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:51581-9 pubmed..Our data establish a genetic link supporting a critical role for retinoic acid downstream of APC and confirm the importance of retinoic acid in enterocyte differentiation. ..
- Amoyel M, Cheng Y, Jiang Y, Wilkinson D. Wnt1 regulates neurogenesis and mediates lateral inhibition of boundary cell specification in the zebrafish hindbrain. Development. 2005;132:775-85 pubmed..The network of genes underlying the regulation of neurogenesis and lateral inhibition of boundary cell formation by Wnt1 has a striking similarity to mechanisms at the dorsoventral boundary in the Drosophila wing imaginal disc. ..
- Yao S, Cheng M, Zhang Q, Wasik M, Kelsh R, Winkler C. Anaplastic lymphoma kinase is required for neurogenesis in the developing central nervous system of zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63757 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that tightly controlled alk expression is critical for the balance between neural progenitor proliferation, differentiation and survival during embryonic neurogenesis...
- Jung I, Leem G, Jung D, Kim M, Kim E, Kim S, et al. Glioma is formed by active Akt1 alone and promoted by active Rac1 in transgenic zebrafish. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:290-304 pubmed publisher..The zebrafish model reinforces the pivotal role of Akt signaling in gliomagenesis and suggests Rac1 as an important protein involved in progression. ..
- Huang C, Gu S, Yu P, Yu F, Feng C, Gao N, et al. Deficiency of smarcal1 causes cell cycle arrest and developmental abnormalities in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2010;339:89-100 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SIOD may be caused by defects in cell cycle regulation. Our study provides a model of SIOD and reveals its cellular and molecular bases. ..
- Huang H, Liu J, Yan H, Tsai H. Arl6ip1 plays a role in proliferation during zebrafish retinogenesis. Cells Tissues Organs. 2012;196:161-74 pubmed publisher..Arl6ip1 not only affects signals controlling eye development but also plays an important role in the proliferation of retinal progenitor cells. ..
- Yu K, Li G, Feng W, Liu L, Zhang J, Wu W, et al. Chlorpyrifos is estrogenic and alters embryonic hatching, cell proliferation and apoptosis in zebrafish. Chem Biol Interact. 2015;239:26-33 pubmed publisher..75, 1.00mg/L CPF treated groups. Taken together, the results obtained in the present study indicated that chlorpyrifos is estrogenic and alters embryonic hatching, cell proliferation and apoptosis in zebrafish. ..
- He S, Mansour M, Zimmerman M, Ki D, Layden H, Akahane K, et al. Synergy between loss of NF1 and overexpression of MYCN in neuroblastoma is mediated by the GAP-related domain. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Thus, our model system has considerable translational potential for investigating new strategies to improve the treatment of very high-risk neuroblastomas with aberrant RAS-MAPK activation. ..
- Yuan B, Wang X, Fan C, You J, Liu Y, Weber J, et al. DHX33 Transcriptionally Controls Genes Involved in the Cell Cycle. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:2903-2917 pubmed
- Lin J, Chang L, Lai C, Lin K, Lin M, Yang C, et al. Development of an Animal Model for Alcoholic Liver Disease in Zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2015;12:271-80 pubmed publisher..As these data reflect characteristic liver damage by alcohol in humans, this zebrafish animal model may serve as a powerful tool to study the pathogenesis and treatment of ALD and its related disorders in humans. ..
- Hu Z, Holzschuh J, Driever W. Loss of DDB1 Leads to Transcriptional p53 Pathway Activation in Proliferating Cells, Cell Cycle Deregulation, and Apoptosis in Zebrafish Embryos. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0134299 pubmed publisher..In addition, transcription of cyclin genes ccna2 and ccnd1 was deregulated in ddb1m863 mutants...
- Jacob V, Chernyavskaya Y, Chen X, Tan P, Kent B, Hoshida Y, et al. DNA hypomethylation induces a DNA replication-associated cell cycle arrest to block hepatic outgrowth in uhrf1 mutant zebrafish embryos. Development. 2015;142:510-21 pubmed publisher..We propose that cell cycle arrest leading to apoptosis is a strategy that restricts propagation of epigenetically damaged cells during embryogenesis. ..
- He Y, Huang C, Chen N, Wu M, Huang Y, Liu H, et al. The zebrafish miR-125c is induced under hypoxic stress via hypoxia-inducible factor 1? and functions in cellular adaptations and embryogenesis. Oncotarget. 2017;8:73846-73859 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that miR-125c plays a pivotal role in cellular adaptations to hypoxic stress at least in part through the Hif-1?/miR-125c/cdc25a signaling and has great impact on zebrafish early embryonic development. ..
- Jiang Z, Song J, Qi F, Xiao A, An X, Liu N, et al. Exdpf is a key regulator of exocrine pancreas development controlled by retinoic acid and ptf1a in zebrafish. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e293 pubmed publisher..Highly conserved in mammals, the expression level of exdpf appears elevated in several human tumors, suggesting a possible role in tumor pathogenesis...
- Yin A, Korzh S, Winata C, Korzh V, Gong Z. Wnt signaling is required for early development of zebrafish swimbladder. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18431 pubmed publisher..Our functional analysis data indicated that Wnt/?-catenin signaling is required for swimbladder early development and we also provided evidence for the crosstalk between Wnt and Hh signaling in early swimbladder development. ..
- Liu Y, Sepich D, Solnica Krezel L. Stat3/Cdc25a-dependent cell proliferation promotes embryonic axis extension during zebrafish gastrulation. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006564 pubmed publisher..During later development, stat3 mutant zebrafish exhibit stunted growth, scoliosis, excessive inflammation, and fail to thrive, affording a genetic tool to study Stat3 function in vertebrate development, regeneration, and disease. ..
- Yamaguchi M, Imai F, Tonou Fujimori N, Masai I. Mutations in N-cadherin and a Stardust homolog, Nagie oko, affect cell-cycle exit in zebrafish retina. Mech Dev. 2010;127:247-64 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that apicobasal cell polarity and epithelial integrity are essential for retinal neurogenesis in zebrafish. ..
- Chung H, Chang C, Young H, Hu S, Tzou W, Hu C. Ethanol inhibits retinal and CNS differentiation due to failure of cell cycle exit via an apoptosis-independent pathway. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2013;38:92-103 pubmed publisher..Ethanol treatment also resulted in sustained transcription of ccnd1/cyclin D1 and ccne/cyclin E throughout development in neural progenitor cells, without an appropriate increase of ..
- Nagashima M, Mawatari K, Tanaka M, Higashi T, Saito H, Muramoto K, et al. Purpurin is a key molecule for cell differentiation during the early development of zebrafish retina. Brain Res. 2009;1302:54-63 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that purpurin is a key molecule for not only optic nerve regeneration in adult but also cell differentiation during early development in embryo. ..
- Muto A, Arai K, Watanabe S. Rab11-FIP4 is predominantly expressed in neural tissues and involved in proliferation as well as in differentiation during zebrafish retinal development. Dev Biol. 2006;292:90-102 pubmed
- Zhang S, Mu Z, He C, Zhou M, Liu D, Zhao X, et al. Antiviral Drug Ganciclovir Is a Potent Inhibitor of the Proliferation of Müller Glia-Derived Progenitors During Zebrafish Retinal Regeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:1991-2000 pubmed publisher..Our study uncovered a novel inhibitory effect of GCV on MGPC proliferation and suggests its potential use as a tool to uncover molecular mechanisms underlying retinal regeneration in zebrafish. ..
- Kim O, Cho H, Han E, Hong T, Ariyasiri K, Choi J, et al. Zebrafish knockout of Down syndrome gene, DYRK1A, shows social impairments relevant to autism. Mol Autism. 2017;8:50 pubmed publisher..These results illustrate the functional deficiency of DYRK1A as an underlying disease mechanism for autism. We also propose simple social behavioral assays as a tool for the broader study of autism candidate genes. ..
- McAleer M, Duffy K, Davidson W, Kari G, Dicker A, Rodeck U, et al. Antisense inhibition of cyclin D1 expression is equivalent to flavopiridol for radiosensitization of zebrafish embryos. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006;66:546-51 pubmed..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that inhibition of cyclin D1 is sufficient to account for the radiosensitizing action of flavopiridol in the zebrafish embryo vertebrate model. ..
- Freitas R, Gómez Marín C, Wilson J, Casares F, Gomez Skarmeta J. Hoxd13 contribution to the evolution of vertebrate appendages. Dev Cell. 2012;23:1219-29 pubmed publisher..Our results support the idea that modulation of 5'Hoxd gene expression, by acquisition of novel enhancer elements, offered the substrate for the evolution of fins and the origin of tetrapod limbs. ..
- Cui S, Leyva Vega M, Tsai E, Eauclaire S, Glessner J, Hakonarson H, et al. Evidence from human and zebrafish that GPC1 is a biliary atresia susceptibility gene. Gastroenterology. 2013;144:1107-1115.e3 pubmed publisher..Based on genetic analysis of patients with BA and zebrafish, GPC1 appears to be a BA susceptibility gene. These findings also support a role for Hedgehog signaling in the pathogenesis of BA. ..
- Margarit E, Armas P, GarcÃa Siburu N, Calcaterra N. CNBP modulates the transcription of Wnt signaling pathway components. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1839:1151-60 pubmed publisher..in a dose-dependent fashion the transcription of cdk14, ptk7 and tcf7l2, which in turn was reflected in c-myc, ccnd1 and axin2 expression...
- He Y, Cai C, Tang D, Sun S, Li H. Effect of histone deacetylase inhibitors trichostatin A and valproic acid on hair cell regeneration in zebrafish lateral line neuromasts. Front Cell Neurosci. 2014;8:382 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that HDAC activity has an important role in the regeneration of hair cells in the lateral line. ..
- Goessling W, North T, Lord A, Ceol C, Lee S, Weidinger G, et al. APC mutant zebrafish uncover a changing temporal requirement for wnt signaling in liver development. Dev Biol. 2008;320:161-74 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal an important and time-dependent role for wnt signaling during liver development and regeneration. ..
- Yeh C, Kao S, Cheng Y, Hsu L. Knockdown of cyclin-dependent kinase 10 (cdk10) gene impairs neural progenitor survival via modulation of raf1a gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:27927-39 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide the first functional characterization of cdk10 in vertebrate development and reveal its critical function in neurogenesis by modulation of raf1a expression. ..
- Morris A, Scholz T, Brockerhoff S, Fadool J. Genetic dissection reveals two separate pathways for rod and cone regeneration in the teleost retina. Dev Neurobiol. 2008;68:605-19 pubmed publisher..These two genetic models therefore offer new opportunities for investigating the molecular mechanisms of selective degeneration and regeneration of rods and cones. ..
- Uribe R, Kwon T, Marcotte E, Gross J. Id2a functions to limit Notch pathway activity and thereby influence the transition from proliferation to differentiation of retinoblasts during zebrafish retinogenesis. Dev Biol. 2012;371:280-92 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the integral role played by Id2a in the gene regulatory network governing the transition from retinoblast proliferation to terminal differentiation during vertebrate retinogenesis. ..
- Shi W, Chen X, Wang F, Gao M, Yang Y, Du Z, et al. ZDHHC16 modulates FGF/ERK dependent proliferation of neural stem/progenitor cells in the zebrafish telencephalon. Dev Neurobiol. 2016;76:1014-28 pubmed publisher..2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Develop Neurobiol 76: 1014-1028, 2016. ..
- Coutinho P, Pavlou S, Bhatia S, Chalmers K, Kleinjan D, van Heyningen V. Discovery and assessment of conserved Pax6 target genes and enhancers. Genome Res. 2011;21:1349-59 pubmed publisher..We have identified several novel direct targets, including some putative disease genes, among them Foxp2; these will allow further dissection of Pax6 function in development and disease. ..
- Horie M, Kotani T. Formation of mos RNA granules in the zebrafish oocyte that differ from cyclin B1 RNA granules in distribution, density and regulation. Eur J Cell Biol. 2016;95:563-573 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that cytoplasmic regulation of translationally repressed mRNAs by formation of different RNA granules is a key mechanism for translational control of distinct mRNAs in the oocyte. ..
- Mathew L, Sengupta S, Franzosa J, Perry J, La Du J, Andreasen E, et al. Comparative expression profiling reveals an essential role for raldh2 in epimorphic regeneration. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:33642-53 pubmed publisher..Expression of raldh2 is regulated by Wnt and fibroblast growth factor/ERK signaling. ..
- Hirayama J, Cardone L, Doi M, Sassone Corsi P. Common pathways in circadian and cell cycle clocks: light-dependent activation of Fos/AP-1 in zebrafish controls CRY-1a and WEE-1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:10194-9 pubmed..These findings provide strong evidence that circadian and cell cycle clocks share unique light-responsive pathways in zebrafish. ..
- Wong L, Power N, Miles A, Tropepe V. Mutual antagonism of the paired-type homeobox genes, vsx2 and dmbx1, regulates retinal progenitor cell cycle exit upstream of ccnd1 expression. Dev Biol. 2015;402:216-28 pubmed publisher..of function also results in altered expression of canonical cell cycle genes, and in particular up-regulation of ccnd1, which correlates with our previous finding of a prolonged RPC cell cycle...
- Ko S, Choi T, Russell J, So J, Monga S, Shin D. Bromodomain and extraterminal (BET) proteins regulate biliary-driven liver regeneration. J Hepatol. 2016;64:316-325 pubmed publisher..BET proteins regulate BEC-driven liver regeneration at multiple steps: BEC dedifferentiation, HB-LC proliferation, the proliferation of newly generated hepatocytes, and hepatocyte maturation. ..
- Schall K, Thornton M, Isani M, Holoyda K, Hou X, Lien C, et al. Short bowel syndrome results in increased gene expression associated with proliferation, inflammation, bile acid synthesis and immune system activation: RNA sequencing a zebrafish SBS model. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:23 pubmed publisher..Gene expression of ctnnb1, ccnb1, ccnd1, cyp7a1a, dkk3, ifng1-2, igf2a, il1b, lef1, nos2b, saa1, stat3, tnfa and wnt5a were confirmed to be elevated in ..
- Berndt J, Halloran M. Semaphorin 3d promotes cell proliferation and neural crest cell development downstream of TCF in the zebrafish hindbrain. Development. 2006;133:3983-92 pubmed..Finally, Sema3d overexpression rescues reduced proliferation caused by DeltaTCF expression, suggesting that Sema3d lies downstream of Wnt/TCF signaling in the molecular pathway thought to control cell cycle in NCC precursors. ..
- Chen E, Deran M, Ignatius M, Grandinetti K, Clagg R, McCarthy K, et al. Glycogen synthase kinase 3 inhibitors induce the canonical WNT/?-catenin pathway to suppress growth and self-renewal in embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:5349-54 pubmed publisher..In total, we have identified an unconventional tumor suppressive role for the canonical WNT/?-catenin pathway in regulating self-renewal of ERMS and revealed therapeutic strategies to target differentiation of TPCs in ERMS. ..
- Tang V, COFER Z, Cui S, Sapp V, Loomes K, Matthews R. Loss of a Candidate Biliary Atresia Susceptibility Gene, add3a, Causes Biliary Developmental Defects in Zebrafish. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2016;63:524-530 pubmed..Our results support previous studies identifying ADD3 as a putative genetic risk factor for BA susceptibility. Our results also provide evidence that add3a may be affecting the Hh pathway, an important factor in BA pathogenesis. ..
- Stengel R, Rivera Milla E, Sahoo N, Ebert C, Bollig F, Heinemann S, et al. Kcnh1 voltage-gated potassium channels are essential for early zebrafish development. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:35565-75 pubmed publisher..These results reveal an unanticipated basic activity of kcnh1 that is crucial for early embryonic development and patterning. ..
- Paridaen J, Janson E, Utami K, Pereboom T, Essers P, van Rooijen C, et al. The nucleolar GTP-binding proteins Gnl2 and nucleostemin are required for retinal neurogenesis in developing zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2011;355:286-301 pubmed publisher..Finally, the data suggest that Gnl2 and NS affect cell cycle exit of neural progenitors by regulating the expression of cell cycle regulators independently of p53. ..
- Masai I, Yamaguchi M, Tonou Fujimori N, Komori A, Okamoto H. The hedgehog-PKA pathway regulates two distinct steps of the differentiation of retinal ganglion cells: the cell-cycle exit of retinoblasts and their neuronal maturation. Development. 2005;132:1539-53 pubmed..This dual requirement of Hh signalling in RGC differentiation implies that the regulation of a neurogenic wave is more complex in the zebrafish retina than in the Drosophila eye. ..
- Pistocchi A, Fazio G, Cereda A, Ferrari L, Bettini L, Messina G, et al. Cornelia de Lange Syndrome: NIPBL haploinsufficiency downregulates canonical Wnt pathway in zebrafish embryos and patients fibroblasts. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e866 pubmed publisher..the developing neural tissues, downregulation of canonical Wnt pathway genes, and subsequent decreased Cyclin D1 (Ccnd1) levels...
- Poulain M, Ober E. Interplay between Wnt2 and Wnt2bb controls multiple steps of early foregut-derived organ development. Development. 2011;138:3557-68 pubmed publisher..Thus, tightly regulated spatiotemporal expression of wnt2bb, wnt2 and fzd5 is central to coordinating early liver, pancreas and swim bladder development from a multipotent foregut endoderm. ..
- Miyake A, Nihno S, Murakoshi Y, Satsuka A, Nakayama Y, Itoh N. Neucrin, a novel secreted antagonist of canonical Wnt signaling, plays roles in developing neural tissues in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2012;128:577-90 pubmed publisher..Neucrin is a unique secreted Wnt antagonist that is predominantly expressed in developing neural tissues and plays roles in neural development in zebrafish. ..
- Diotel N, Vaillant C, Gabbero C, Mironov S, Fostier A, Gueguen M, et al. Effects of estradiol in adult neurogenesis and brain repair in zebrafish. Horm Behav. 2013;63:193-207 pubmed publisher..Altogether these data suggest that estrogens modulate adult, but not reparative neurogenesis, in zebrafish. ..
- Lim C, Chong S, Jiang Y. Udu deficiency activates DNA damage checkpoint. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4183-93 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Udu is colocalized with 5-bromo-2'-deoxyuridine and heterochromatin during DNA replication, suggesting a role in maintaining genome integrity. ..
- Willems B, Tao S, Yu T, Huysseune A, Witten P, Winkler C. The Wnt Co-Receptor Lrp5 Is Required for Cranial Neural Crest Cell Migration in Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0131768 pubmed publisher..To date, Lrp5 has mainly been associated with bone homeostasis in mammals. Here we show that in zebrafish, lrp5 also controls cell migration during early morphogenetic processes and contributes to shaping the craniofacial skeleton. ..
- Hu J, Sun S, Jiang Q, Sun S, Wang W, Gui Y, et al. Yes-associated protein (yap) is required for early embryonic development in zebrafish (danio rerio). Int J Biol Sci. 2013;9:267-78 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results revealed that zebrafish yap coordinately regulates cell proliferation and apoptosis and is required for dorsoventral axis formation, gastrulation, cardiogenesis, hematopoiesis, and somitogenesis. ..
- Lien H, Yuan R, Chou C, Chen Y, Hung C, Hu C, et al. Zebrafish cyclin Dx is required for development of motor neuron progenitors, and its expression is regulated by hypoxia-inducible factor 2?. Sci Rep. 2016;6:28297 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of cyclin Dx mRNA in Hif2? morphants partially rescued zccndx expression. Taken together, our data indicate that zebrafish cyclin Dx plays a role in maintaining the precursors of motor neurons. ..
- Rekha R, Amali A, Her G, Yeh Y, Gong H, Hu S, et al. Thioacetamide accelerates steatohepatitis, cirrhosis and HCC by expressing HCV core protein in transgenic zebrafish Danio rerio. Toxicology. 2008;243:11-22 pubmed
- Hu S, Yu H, Zhang Y, Wu Z, Yan Y, Li Y, et al. Splice blocking of zygotic sox31 leads to developmental arrest shortly after Mid-Blastula Transition and induces apoptosis in zebrafish. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:222-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, an apoptotic response occurs in Sb morphants at about 6hpf. SoxB1 family genes including sox31 thus play an essential role for early embryos traversing the transitional stage...
- Zhai G, Song J, Shu T, Yan J, Jin X, He J, et al. LRH-1 senses signaling from phosphatidylcholine to regulate the expansion growth of digestive organs via synergy with Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling in zebrafish. J Genet Genomics. 2017;44:307-317 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence for the crosstalk between the PC/LRH-1 and Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling pathways during the expansion growth of endoderm organs. ..
- Cox A, Hwang K, Brown K, Evason K, Beltz S, Tsomides A, et al. Yap reprograms glutamine metabolism to increase nucleotide biosynthesis and enable liver growth. Nat Cell Biol. 2016;18:886-896 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings demonstrate that Yap1 integrates the anabolic demands of tissue growth during development and tumorigenesis by reprogramming nitrogen metabolism to stimulate nucleotide biosynthesis. ..
- Clark A, Yun S, Veien E, Wu Y, Chow R, Dorsky R, et al. Negative regulation of Vsx1 by its paralog Chx10/Vsx2 is conserved in the vertebrate retina. Brain Res. 2008;1192:99-113 pubmed
- Schall K, Holoyda K, Isani M, Schlieve C, Salisbury T, Khuu T, et al. Intestinal adaptation in proximal and distal segments: Two epithelial responses diverge after intestinal separation. Surgery. 2017;161:1016-1027 pubmed publisher..Igf1r inhibition abrogates the increase in distal Sox9a expression that otherwise occurs in short bowel syndrome. Mechanoluminal flow is an important stimulus for intestinal adaptation. ..
- Hui S, Sengupta D, Lee S, Sen T, Kundu S, Mathavan S, et al. Genome wide expression profiling during spinal cord regeneration identifies comprehensive cellular responses in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e84212 pubmed publisher..The data highlights the importance of different event specific gene expression that could be better understood and manipulated further to induce successful regeneration in mammals...
- Prykhozhij S, Neumann C. Distinct roles of Shh and Fgf signaling in regulating cell proliferation during zebrafish pectoral fin development. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:91 pubmed publisher..These results show that Fgf signaling is of primary importance in directing outgrowth of the limb bud, and clarify the role of the Shh-Fgf feedback loop in regulating proliferation. ..