Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: casp9
Description: caspase 9, apoptosis-related cysteine peptidase
Alias: im:7136887, zgc:101776, caspase-9, caspase 9, apoptosis-related cysteine protease
- Yang Y, Liu W, Mu X, Qi S, Fu B, Wang C. Biological response of zebrafish embryos after short-term exposure to thifluzamide. Sci Rep. 2016;6:38485 pubmed publisher..In addition to providing the first description of the mechanism of the toxic effects of thifluzamide on embryos, this study also represents a step towards using embryos to assess mitochondrial metabolism and disease. ..
- Dixon R, Eperon I, Hall L, Samani N. A genome-wide survey demonstrates widespread non-linear mRNA in expressed sequences from multiple species. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:5904-13 pubmed..These findings imply that RREO affects a significant subset of genes within a genome and suggests that non-linear information encoded within the genomes of complex organisms could contribute to phenotypic variation. ..
- Zhou Z, Sun L. Edwardsiella tarda-Induced Inhibition of Apoptosis: A Strategy for Intracellular Survival. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2016;6:76 pubmed publisher..tarda prevents apoptosis in teleost as a strategy for intracellular survival, and that some putative apoptotic genes of teleost function in the apoptosis pathway probably in a manner similar to that in mammalian systems. ..
- Sun L, Xin L, Peng Z, Jin R, Jin Y, Qian H, et al. Toxicity and enantiospecific differences of two ?-blockers, propranolol and metoprolol, in the embryos and larvae of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Toxicol. 2014;29:1367-78 pubmed publisher..These results also demonstrated that the enantiospecific toxicity of chiral ?-blockers should be investigated when performing an ecological risk assessment. ..
- Luzio A, Monteiro S, Fontaínhas Fernandes A, Pinto Carnide O, Matos M, Coimbra A. Copper induced upregulation of apoptosis related genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio) gill. Aquat Toxicol. 2013;128-129:183-9 pubmed publisher..A possible model for Cu-induce apoptosis pathways is proposed. ..
- Christen V, Faltermann S, Brun N, Kunz P, Fent K. Cytotoxicity and molecular effects of biocidal disinfectants (quaternary ammonia, glutaraldehyde, poly(hexamethylene biguanide) hydrochloride PHMB) and their mixtures in vitro and in zebrafish eleuthero-embryos. Sci Total Environ. 2017;586:1204-1218 pubmed publisher..Barquat and BAC let to induction of ER stress and inflammation in vitro, and BAC and glutaraldehyde at non-toxic concentrations in vivo, while benzalkonium chloride induced expression of tnf-? only. ..
- Du J, Cai J, Wang S, You H. Oxidative stress and apotosis to zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos exposed to perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) and ZnO nanoparticles. Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2017;30:213-229 pubmed publisher..The synergistic effects of the PFOS and ZnO-NPs may be the important mechanisms of their toxicity to zebrafish embryos. Int J Occup Med Environ Health 2017;30(2):213-229. ..
- Deng J, Yu L, Liu C, Yu K, Shi X, Yeung L, et al. Hexabromocyclododecane-induced developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2009;93:29-36 pubmed publisher..The results also indicate that zebrafish embryos can serve as a reliable model for the developmental toxicity of HBCD. ..
- Chen S, Yang X, Deng Y, Huang J, Li Y, Sun Q, et al. Silver nanoparticles induce oocyte maturation in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2017;170:51-60 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results from our study indicated that oxidative stress appeared to be one of important mechanisms in AgNP induced apoptosis in ovarian follicle cells, which further triggered the GVBD. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu K, Hassan H, Guo H, Ding P, Han L, et al. Liver Fatty Acid Binding Protein Deficiency Provokes Oxidative Stress, Inflammation, and Apoptosis-Mediated Hepatotoxicity Induced by Pyrazinamide in Zebrafish Larvae. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:7347-7356 pubmed
- Zhao J, Huang G, Xu T, Yin D, Bai J, Gu W. Early developmental exposure to pentachlorophenol causes alterations on mRNA expressions of caspase protease family in zebrafish embryos. Chemosphere. 2017;180:141-148 pubmed publisher..93/0.53) and caspb (with FCs of 0.99/0.57). At 24 hpf, PCP had the most significant effects on casp6l2, casp9, and caspc...
- Wang Y, Wu S, Chen J, Zhang C, Xu Z, Li G, et al. Single and joint toxicity assessment of four currently used pesticides to zebrafish (Danio rerio) using traditional and molecular endpoints. Chemosphere. 2018;192:14-23 pubmed publisher..Taken together, increased toxicity might be triggered by the simultaneous presence of several pesticides in the aquatic environment, which seriously damaged the non-target organisms...
- Gao D, Xu Z, Zhang X, Zhu C, Wang Y, Min W. Cadmium triggers kidney cell apoptosis of purse red common carp (Cyprinus carpio) without caspase-8 activation. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;41:728-37 pubmed publisher..The results reveal that Cd can trigger apoptosis, while it cannot activate caspase-8 in purse red common carp...
- Felix L, Serafim C, Valentim A, Antunes L, Matos M, Coimbra A. Apoptosis-related genes induced in response to ketamine during early life stages of zebrafish. Toxicol Lett. 2017;279:1-8 pubmed publisher..After the 50% epiboly stage exposure, the mRNA levels of casp9 were increased at 8 and 24 hpf while aifm1 was affected at 24 hpf...
- Brun N, Wehrli B, Fent K. Ecotoxicological assessment of solar cell leachates: Copper indium gallium selenide (CIGS) cells show higher activity than organic photovoltaic (OPV) cells. Sci Total Environ. 2016;543:703-14 pubmed publisher..oxidative stress (cat), hormonal activity (vtg1, ar), metallothionein (mt2), ER stress (bip, chop), and apoptosis (casp9). The effects were dependent on the concentrations of cationic metals in leachates...
- Zhang J, Laurence Souders C, Denslow N, Martyniuk C. Quercetin, a natural product supplement, impairs mitochondrial bioenergetics and locomotor behavior in larval zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;327:30-38 pubmed publisher..Our data support the hypothesis that quercetin may affect locomotion and induce deformities in zebrafish larvae by diminishing ATP production and by altering the expression of transcripts related to muscle formation and activity. ..
- Gerety S, Breau M, Sasai N, Xu Q, Briscoe J, Wilkinson D. An inducible transgene expression system for zebrafish and chick. Development. 2013;140:2235-43 pubmed publisher..We also applied the same inducible system to the chick embryo and find that it is fully functional, suggesting that this strategy is generally applicable. ..
- Karami A, Groman D, Wilson S, Ismail P, Neela V. Biomarker responses in zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae exposed to pristine low-density polyethylene fragments. Environ Pollut. 2017;223:466-475 pubmed publisher..The expression of casp9 (caspase 9, apoptosis-related cysteine protease), casp3a (caspase 3, apoptosis-related cysteine protease a) and cat (..
- Lin H, Lee S, Wu J, Duann Y, Chen J. Development of Cre-loxP technology in zebrafish to study the regulation of fish reproduction. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2013;39:1525-39 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, this transgenic zebrafish model system provides a method to produce infertile fish and may be useful for application to genetically modified fish...
- Qi M, Dang Y, Xu Q, Yu L, Liu C, Yuan Y, et al. Microcystin-LR induced developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae by activation of ER stress response. Chemosphere. 2016;157:166-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results observed in this study suggested that ER stress plays a critical role in developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish embryos exposed to MC-LR. ..
- Zhou R, Zhang H, Wang Z, Zhou X, Si J, Gan L, et al. The developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish eyes induced by carbon-ion irradiation. Life Sci. 2015;139:114-22 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that carbon-ion irradiation induced apoptosis through the p53 pathway in zebrafish eyes independent of ROS generation. Irradiation at high doses may disrupt eye development of zebrafish embryos. ..
- Jin Y, Zheng S, Pu Y, Shu L, Sun L, Liu W, et al. Cypermethrin has the potential to induce hepatic oxidative stress, DNA damage and apoptosis in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2011;82:398-404 pubmed publisher..This information will be helpful in fully understanding the mechanism of aquatic toxicology induced by CYP in fish. ..
- Li Y, Liu X, Liu K, Miao W, Zhou C, Li Y, et al. Extremely low-frequency magnetic fields induce developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2014;162:324-32 pubmed publisher..The results also indicate that zebrafish embryos can serve as a reliable model to investigate the biological effect of ELF-MF. ..
- Zhang Q, Cheng J, Xin Q. Effects of tetracycline on developmental toxicity and molecular responses in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Ecotoxicology. 2015;24:707-19 pubmed publisher..The overall results indicate that tetracycline can produce oxidative stress and induce apoptosis, which brings about significant developmental delay in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Fent K, Chew G, Li J, Gomez E. Benzotriazole UV-stabilizers and benzotriazole: Antiandrogenic activity in vitro and activation of aryl hydrocarbon receptor pathway in zebrafish eleuthero-embryos. Sci Total Environ. 2014;482-483:125-36 pubmed publisher..Forthcoming studies should show whether the observed antiandrogenic activities and transcriptional changes translate into physiological effects . ..
- Jin Y, Pan X, Cao L, Ma B, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cis-bifenthrin enantioselectively induces the transcription of genes related to oxidative stress, apoptosis and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:717-23 pubmed publisher..gene (Bcl2), Bcl2 associated X protein (Bax), apoptotic protease activating factor-1 (Apaf1), Caspase 9 (Cas9), Caspase 3 (Cas3), interleukin-1 beta (IL-1?) and interleukin-8(Il-8) were much higher in 1S-cis-BF ..
- Cai G, Zhu J, Shen C, Cui Y, Du J, Chen X. The effects of cobalt on the development, oxidative stress, and apoptosis in zebrafish embryos. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2012;150:200-7 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that oxidative stress and apoptosis are associated with cobalt toxicity in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Yang Y, Qi S, Wang D, Wang K, Zhu L, Chai T, et al. Toxic effects of thifluzamide on zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Hazard Mater. 2016;307:127-36 pubmed publisher..These might be responsible for the adverse expansion of the apoptosis- and immune-related genes, which would facilitate the action of these factors in programmed cell death and might play a key role during the toxic events. ..
- Matsumoto H, Fujiwara S, Miyagi H, Nakamura N, Shiga Y, Ohta T, et al. Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors Induce Developmental Toxicity During Zebrafish Embryogenesis, Especially in the Inner Ear. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2017;19:430-440 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings demonstrated the importance of potential risk assessment of CA inhibition, especially regarding the formation of otoliths as a one of the most sensitive organs in embryogenesis. ..
- Zhu L, Mu X, Wang K, Chai T, Yang Y, Qiu L, et al. Cyhalofop-butyl has the potential to induce developmental toxicity, oxidative stress and apoptosis in early life stage of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Pollut. 2015;203:40-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we speculated that oxidative stress-induced apoptosis should be responsible for abnormal development during embryogenesis after cyhalofop-butyl exposure. ..