Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: casp8
Description: caspase 8, apoptosis-related cysteine peptidase
Alias: caspase-8, zgc:92075, caspase-8, caspase-8a, cysteine protease
- He B, Yuan J, Yang L, Xie J, Weng S, Yu X, et al. The viral TRAF protein (ORF111L) from infectious spleen and kidney necrosis virus interacts with TRADD and induces caspase 8-mediated apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37001 pubmed publisher..ORF111L-induced apoptosis was clearly associated with significant caspase 8 upregulation and activation...
- Karami A, Groman D, Wilson S, Ismail P, Neela V. Biomarker responses in zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae exposed to pristine low-density polyethylene fragments. Environ Pollut. 2017;223:466-475 pubmed publisher..The expression of casp9 (caspase 9, apoptosis-related cysteine protease), casp3a (caspase 3, apoptosis-related cysteine protease a) and cat (catalase), however, were significantly ..
- Paulus J, Link B. Loss of optineurin in vivo results in elevated cell death and alters axonal trafficking dynamics. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e109922 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that in vivo loss of Optineurin shows some, but not all, of the defects seen in in vitro work. ..
- Lin H, Lee S, Wu J, Duann Y, Chen J. Development of Cre-loxP technology in zebrafish to study the regulation of fish reproduction. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2013;39:1525-39 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, this transgenic zebrafish model system provides a method to produce infertile fish and may be useful for application to genetically modified fish...
- Lam S, Ung C, Hlaing M, Hu J, Li Z, Mathavan S, et al. Molecular insights into 4-nitrophenol-induced hepatotoxicity in zebrafish: transcriptomic, histological and targeted gene expression analyses. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1830:4778-89 pubmed publisher..This is the first transcriptomic report on 4-NP induced hepatotoxicity. ..
- Gao D, Xu Z, Zhang X, Zhu C, Wang Y, Min W. Cadmium triggers kidney cell apoptosis of purse red common carp (Cyprinus carpio) without caspase-8 activation. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;41:728-37 pubmed publisher..The results reveal that Cd can trigger apoptosis, while it cannot activate caspase-8 in purse red common carp...
- Matsumoto H, Fujiwara S, Miyagi H, Nakamura N, Shiga Y, Ohta T, et al. Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors Induce Developmental Toxicity During Zebrafish Embryogenesis, Especially in the Inner Ear. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2017;19:430-440 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings demonstrated the importance of potential risk assessment of CA inhibition, especially regarding the formation of otoliths as a one of the most sensitive organs in embryogenesis. ..
- Zhang D, Golubkov V, Han W, Correa R, Zhou Y, Lee S, et al. Identification of Annexin A4 as a hepatopancreas factor involved in liver cell survival. Dev Biol. 2014;395:96-110 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of Anxa4 in zebrafish leads to elevated expression of caspase 8 and Î”113p53, and liver bud specific activation of Caspase 3 and apoptosis...
- Felix L, Serafim C, Valentim A, Antunes L, Matos M, Coimbra A. Apoptosis-related genes induced in response to ketamine during early life stages of zebrafish. Toxicol Lett. 2017;279:1-8 pubmed publisher..Exposure at the 256-cell stage to ketamine induced an up-regulation of casp8 and pcna at 8 hpf while changes in pcna at the mRNA level were observed at 24 hpf...
- Amali A, Rekha R, Lin C, Wang W, Gong H, Her G, et al. Thioacetamide induced liver damage in zebrafish embryo as a disease model for steatohepatitis. J Biomed Sci. 2006;13:225-32 pubmed..Moreover, non-availability of specific drugs to prevent steatohepatitis, this animal model may serve as a powerful preclinical platform to study the therapeutic strategies and for evaluating chemoprevention strategies for this disease...
- Zhao X, Zhao L, Tian T, Zhang Y, Tong J, Zheng X, et al. Interruption of cenph causes mitotic failure and embryonic death, and its haploinsufficiency suppresses cancer in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:27924-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings uncover an essential role of cenph in mitosis and embryonic development and its association with tumor development. ..
- Kuo Z, Chuang Y, Chao C, Liu F, Lan C, Chen B. Identification of infection- and defense-related genes via a dynamic host-pathogen interaction network using a Candida albicans-zebrafish infection model. J Innate Immun. 2013;5:137-52 pubmed publisher..albicans and the immune response of the host, and may help improve medical therapies and facilitate the development of new antifungal drugs...
- Wang Y, Wu S, Chen J, Zhang C, Xu Z, Li G, et al. Single and joint toxicity assessment of four currently used pesticides to zebrafish (Danio rerio) using traditional and molecular endpoints. Chemosphere. 2018;192:14-23 pubmed publisher..Taken together, increased toxicity might be triggered by the simultaneous presence of several pesticides in the aquatic environment, which seriously damaged the non-target organisms...
- Nguyen N, Zhu Y. Prolactin functions as a survival factor during zebrafish embryogenesis. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2009;153:88-93 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that prolactin acts as a survival factor during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Li J, Casteels T, Frogne T, Ingvorsen C, Honore C, Courtney M, et al. Artemisinins Target GABAA Receptor Signaling and Impair ? Cell Identity. Cell. 2017;168:86-100.e15 pubmed publisher..Our results in zebrafish, rodents, and primary human pancreatic islets identify gephyrin as a druggable target for the regeneration of pancreatic ? cell mass from ? cells. ..
- Swindell E, Yuan Q, Maili L, Tandon B, Wagner D, Hecht J. Crispld2 is required for neural crest cell migration and cell viability during zebrafish craniofacial development. Genesis. 2015;53:660-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate an important role for Crispld2 in NCC migration during craniofacial development and suggests involvement of Crispld2 in cell viability during formation of the orofacies. ..
- Weber T, Namikawa K, Winter B, Müller Brown K, Kühn R, Wurst W, et al. Caspase-mediated apoptosis induction in zebrafish cerebellar Purkinje neurons. Development. 2016;143:4279-4287 pubmed..We have recently established a novel inducible genetic cell ablation system based on tamoxifen-inducible Caspase 8 activity, thereby exploiting mechanisms of cell death intrinsic to most cell types...
- Sakata S, Yan Y, Satou Y, Momoi A, Ngo Hazelett P, Nozaki M, et al. Conserved function of caspase-8 in apoptosis during bony fish evolution. Gene. 2007;396:134-48 pubmed..Here we report the identification and characterization of the caspase-8 (casp8) gene in the zebrafish Danio rerio...
- Zhao J, Huang G, Xu T, Yin D, Bai J, Gu W. Early developmental exposure to pentachlorophenol causes alterations on mRNA expressions of caspase protease family in zebrafish embryos. Chemosphere. 2017;180:141-148 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that PCP had different effects on varied caspase genes, which probably resulting in a profound impact on caspase proteins and apoptosis processes and, ultimately, developmental abnormality. ..
- Espín R, Roca F, Candel S, Sepulcre M, González Rosa J, Alcaraz Pérez F, et al. TNF receptors regulate vascular homeostasis in zebrafish through a caspase-8, caspase-2 and P53 apoptotic program that bypasses caspase-3. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:383-96 pubmed publisher..We have identified an evolutionarily conserved apoptotic pathway involved in vascular homeostasis that provides new therapeutic targets for the control of inflammation- and tumor-driven angiogenesis. ..
- Lu X, Wei Y, Liu F. Direct regulation of p53 by miR-142a-3p mediates the survival of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in zebrafish. Cell Discov. 2015;1:15027 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our work reveals the significance of the miR-142a-3p-p53 pathway in controlling hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell survival, and thus advances our understanding of the role of p53 in vertebrate hematopoiesis. ..
- Qi M, Dang Y, Xu Q, Yu L, Liu C, Yuan Y, et al. Microcystin-LR induced developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae by activation of ER stress response. Chemosphere. 2016;157:166-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results observed in this study suggested that ER stress plays a critical role in developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish embryos exposed to MC-LR. ..
- Lim C, Chong S, Jiang Y. Udu deficiency activates DNA damage checkpoint. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4183-93 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Udu is colocalized with 5-bromo-2'-deoxyuridine and heterochromatin during DNA replication, suggesting a role in maintaining genome integrity. ..
- Luzio A, Monteiro S, Fontaínhas Fernandes A, Pinto Carnide O, Matos M, Coimbra A. Copper induced upregulation of apoptosis related genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio) gill. Aquat Toxicol. 2013;128-129:183-9 pubmed publisher..A possible model for Cu-induce apoptosis pathways is proposed. ..
- Li Y, Liu X, Liu K, Miao W, Zhou C, Li Y, et al. Extremely low-frequency magnetic fields induce developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2014;162:324-32 pubmed publisher..The results also indicate that zebrafish embryos can serve as a reliable model to investigate the biological effect of ELF-MF. ..
- D Aurizio R, Russo F, Chiavacci E, Baumgart M, Groth M, D Onofrio M, et al. Discovering miRNA Regulatory Networks in Holt-Oram Syndrome Using a Zebrafish Model. Front Bioeng Biotechnol. 2016;4:60 pubmed publisher..This approach allowed to discover complex regulatory circuits involving novel miRNAs and protein coding genes not considered before in the HOS such as miR-34a and miR-30 and their targets. ..