Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: casp3a
Description: caspase 3, apoptosis-related cysteine peptidase a
Alias: casp3, zgc:100890, caspase 3, apoptosis-related cysteine peptidase a, caspase 3, apoptosis-related cysteine protease a
- Gioacchini G, Giorgini E, Olivotto I, Maradonna F, Merrifield D, Carnevali O. The influence of probiotics on zebrafish Danio rerio innate immunity and hepatic stress. Zebrafish. 2014;11:98-106 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results show that probiotic administration may enhance zebrafish welfare by modulating the innate immune response and improving hepatic stress tolerance. ..
- Cai G, Zhu J, Shen C, Cui Y, Du J, Chen X. The effects of cobalt on the development, oxidative stress, and apoptosis in zebrafish embryos. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2012;150:200-7 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that oxidative stress and apoptosis are associated with cobalt toxicity in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Zhao J, Huang G, Xu T, Yin D, Bai J, Gu W. Early developmental exposure to pentachlorophenol causes alterations on mRNA expressions of caspase protease family in zebrafish embryos. Chemosphere. 2017;180:141-148 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that PCP had different effects on varied caspase genes, which probably resulting in a profound impact on caspase proteins and apoptosis processes and, ultimately, developmental abnormality. ..
- Felix L, Serafim C, Valentim A, Antunes L, Matos M, Coimbra A. Apoptosis-related genes induced in response to ketamine during early life stages of zebrafish. Toxicol Lett. 2017;279:1-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, ketamine teratogenicity seems to be dependent on the functional mechanisms present in each developmental stage. ..
- Lee W, Kim E, Um J, Kang N, Oh J, Park S, et al. Protective Effects of Xylose-Taurine Reduced against Damages Caused by Oxidative Stress in Zebrafish Embryos In Vivo Model. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;975 Pt 1:643-653 pubmed publisher..From these results, this study reveals that X-T-R, a taurine derivate might be a potential protector against various damages caused by oxidative stress. ..
- Miccoli A, Gioacchini G, Maradonna F, Benato F, Skobo T, Carnevali O. Beneficial bacteria affect Danio rerio development by the modulation of maternal factors involved in autophagic, apoptotic and dorsalizing processes. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;35:1706-18 pubmed publisher..The results we acquired demonstrated that parentally administered Lactobacillus rhamnosus is able to modulate important physiological processes involved in zebrafish embryo development. ..
- Fraher D, Hodge J, Collier F, McMillan J, Kennedy R, Ellis M, et al. Citalopram and sertraline exposure compromises embryonic bone development. Mol Psychiatry. 2016;21:656-64 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the need to further investigate the risks of SSRI use during pregnancy in exposing unborn babies to potential skeletal abnormalities. ..
- Soares J, Pereira T, Costa K, Maraschin T, Basso N, Bogo M. Developmental neurotoxic effects of graphene oxide exposure in zebrafish larvae (Danio rerio). Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2017;157:335-346 pubmed publisher..Additional studies are needed to deepen the specific mechanisms of GO neurotoxicity and are required to elucidate its potential biomedical use. ..
- Kim H, Kim G, Kim S, Nam M, Rhim H. Establishment of the expression system for studying the function of active caspase-3 in zebrafish. Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:405-13 pubmed..Thus, our study provides a useful and specific tool for investigating the molecular mechanisms by which active caspase-3 regulates apoptosis during embryonic development. ..
- Lin H, Lee S, Wu J, Duann Y, Chen J. Development of Cre-loxP technology in zebrafish to study the regulation of fish reproduction. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2013;39:1525-39 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, this transgenic zebrafish model system provides a method to produce infertile fish and may be useful for application to genetically modified fish...
- Tiedke J, Cubuk C, Burmester T. Environmental acidification triggers oxidative stress and enhances globin expression in zebrafish gills. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:624-9 pubmed publisher..These findings agree with the role of globins in oxidative energy metabolism, but may also hint at a specific function in antioxidative defense. ..
- Valencia C, Bailey C, Liu R. Novel zebrafish caspase-3 substrates. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;361:311-6 pubmed..The work described here could facilitate our understanding of the downstream signaling pathways that are mediated by caspase-3 in zebrafish. ..
- Gioacchini G, Dalla Valle L, Benato F, Fimia G, Nardacci R, Ciccosanti F, et al. Interplay between autophagy and apoptosis in the development of Danio rerio follicles and the effects of a probiotic. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2013;25:1115-25 pubmed publisher..rhamnosus IMC 501, can modulate the balance between apoptosis and autophagy that regulates ovary physiology in zebrafish by inhibiting follicular apoptosis and improving follicular survival. ..
- Jin Y, Pan X, Cao L, Ma B, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cis-bifenthrin enantioselectively induces the transcription of genes related to oxidative stress, apoptosis and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:717-23 pubmed publisher..The information presented in this study will help with elucidating the differences and environmental risk of the two enantiomers of cis-BF-induced toxicity in aquatic organisms. ..
- Karami A, Groman D, Wilson S, Ismail P, Neela V. Biomarker responses in zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae exposed to pristine low-density polyethylene fragments. Environ Pollut. 2017;223:466-475 pubmed publisher..The expression of casp9 (caspase 9, apoptosis-related cysteine protease), casp3a (caspase 3, apoptosis-related cysteine protease a) and cat (catalase), however, were significantly lower in the ..
- Qi M, Dang Y, Xu Q, Yu L, Liu C, Yuan Y, et al. Microcystin-LR induced developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae by activation of ER stress response. Chemosphere. 2016;157:166-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results observed in this study suggested that ER stress plays a critical role in developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish embryos exposed to MC-LR. ..
- Wu M, Pan C, Chen Z, Jiang L, Lei P, Yang M. Bioconcentration pattern and induced apoptosis of bisphenol A in zebrafish embryos at environmentally relevant concentrations. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2017;24:6611-6621 pubmed publisher..Our results revealed that low and environmentally relevant concentrations of BPA could be significantly accumulated in zebrafish and induced apoptosis with involvement of the regulation of caspase-3 and other apoptosis-related genes. ..
- Santangeli S, Maradonna F, Zanardini M, Notarstefano V, Gioacchini G, Forner Piquer I, et al. Effects of diisononyl phthalate on Danio rerio reproduction. Environ Pollut. 2017;231:1051-1062 pubmed publisher..The findings provide evidence that exposure to DiNP adversely affect oocytes growth and maturation, leading to abnormal gonadal development and reproduction in zebrafish. ..
- Wang Y, Xu L, Li D, Teng M, Zhang R, Zhou Z, et al. Enantioselective bioaccumulation of hexaconazole and its toxic effects in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2015;138:798-805 pubmed publisher..The above information will play a vital role in the integrated environmental risk assessment of HEX and make its toxic mechanism in fish clear. ..
- Capiotti K, Fazenda L, Nazario L, Menezes F, Kist L, Bogo M, et al. Arginine exposure alters ectonucleotidase activities and morphology of zebrafish larvae (Danio rerio). Int J Dev Neurosci. 2013;31:75-81 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrated that Arg might affect morphological parameters and ectonucleotidase activities in zebrafish larvae, suggesting that purinergic system is a target for neurotoxic effects induced by Arg. ..
- Matsumoto H, Fujiwara S, Miyagi H, Nakamura N, Shiga Y, Ohta T, et al. Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors Induce Developmental Toxicity During Zebrafish Embryogenesis, Especially in the Inner Ear. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2017;19:430-440 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings demonstrated the importance of potential risk assessment of CA inhibition, especially regarding the formation of otoliths as a one of the most sensitive organs in embryogenesis. ..
- Faltermann S, Hutter S, Christen V, Hettich T, Fent K. Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Cyanobacterial Serine Protease Inhibitors Aeruginosin 828A and Cyanopeptolin 1020 in Human Hepatoma Cell Line Huh7 and Effects in Zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxins (Basel). 2016;8: pubmed publisher..The data further demonstrate that pathways that are influenced by microcystin-LR are not affected by aeruginosin 828A. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu K, Hassan H, Guo H, Ding P, Han L, et al. Liver Fatty Acid Binding Protein Deficiency Provokes Oxidative Stress, Inflammation, and Apoptosis-Mediated Hepatotoxicity Induced by Pyrazinamide in Zebrafish Larvae. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:7347-7356 pubmed
- Du J, Cai J, Wang S, You H. Oxidative stress and apotosis to zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos exposed to perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) and ZnO nanoparticles. Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2017;30:213-229 pubmed publisher..The synergistic effects of the PFOS and ZnO-NPs may be the important mechanisms of their toxicity to zebrafish embryos. Int J Occup Med Environ Health 2017;30(2):213-229. ..
- Zeng Z, Richardson J, Verduzco D, Mitchell D, Patton E. Zebrafish have a competent p53-dependent nucleotide excision repair pathway to resolve ultraviolet B-induced DNA damage in the skin. Zebrafish. 2009;6:405-15 pubmed publisher..These studies provide the groundwork for exploring the role of UV light in melanoma development in zebrafish. ..
- Han R, Zhao Q, Zong S, Miao S, Song W, Wang L. A novel TRIM family member, Trim69, regulates zebrafish development through p53-mediated apoptosis. Mol Reprod Dev. 2016;83:442-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that trim69 participates in tp53-mediated apoptosis during zebrafish development. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 83: 442-454, 2016. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Christen V, Faltermann S, Brun N, Kunz P, Fent K. Cytotoxicity and molecular effects of biocidal disinfectants (quaternary ammonia, glutaraldehyde, poly(hexamethylene biguanide) hydrochloride PHMB) and their mixtures in vitro and in zebrafish eleuthero-embryos. Sci Total Environ. 2017;586:1204-1218 pubmed publisher..Barquat and BAC let to induction of ER stress and inflammation in vitro, and BAC and glutaraldehyde at non-toxic concentrations in vivo, while benzalkonium chloride induced expression of tnf-? only. ..
- Craven S, French D, Ye W, de Sauvage F, Rosenthal A. Loss of Hspa9b in zebrafish recapitulates the ineffective hematopoiesis of the myelodysplastic syndrome. Blood. 2005;105:3528-34 pubmed..Thus, we identify an essential role for Hspa9b in hematopoiesis and implicate both loss of HSPA9B specifically and mitochondrial dysfunction generally in the pathogenesis of the MDS. ..
- Wu S, Shu L, Liu J, Chen C. Anti-oxidative Responses on Hepatic Tissue of Zebrafish (Danio rerio) in a Short Duration of Sub-lethal Concentrations of Cadmium Exposure. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2017;98:612-618 pubmed publisher..However, anti-oxidative functions immediately up regulated, causing cell apoptosis levels to decrease after 6 h of Cd2+ exposure. ..
- Hrubik J, Glisic B, Samardzija D, Stanic B, Pogrmic Majkic K, Fa S, et al. Effect of PMA-induced protein kinase C activation on development and apoptosis in early zebrafish embryos. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2016;190:24-31 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that direct over-activation of Pkc during early embryogenesis of zebrafish is associated with apoptosis and decreased survival rate of the embryos. ..
- Small C, Carney G, Mo Q, Vannucci M, Jones A. A microarray analysis of sex- and gonad-biased gene expression in the zebrafish: evidence for masculinization of the transcriptome. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:579 pubmed publisher..The results of our study and others like it set the stage for further work aimed at directly addressing this exciting issue in comparative genomics. ..
- Chen X, Dong Q, Chen Y, Zhang Z, Huang C, Zhu Y, et al. Effects of Dechlorane Plus exposure on axonal growth, musculature and motor behavior in embryo-larval zebrafish. Environ Pollut. 2017;224:7-15 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that DP induced neurobehavioral deficits may result from combined effects of altered neuronal connectivity and muscle injuries. ..
- Tucker M, MacKenzie S, Maciag J, Dirscherl Ackerman H, Swartz P, Yoder J, et al. Phage display and structural studies reveal plasticity in substrate specificity of caspase-3a from zebrafish. Protein Sci. 2016;25:2076-2088 pubmed publisher..We cloned zebrafish caspase-3a (casp3a) and examined substrate specificity of the recombinant protein, Casp3a, compared to human caspase-3 (CASP3) by ..
- He M, Zhang F, Wang H, Wang H, Zhu Z, Sun Y. Efficient ligase 3-dependent microhomology-mediated end joining repair of DNA double-strand breaks in zebrafish embryos. Mutat Res. 2015;780:86-96 pubmed publisher..This study will enhance our understanding of the mechanisms of MMEJ in vivo and facilitate inducing desirable mutations via DSB-induced repair. ..
- Espín R, Roca F, Candel S, Sepulcre M, González Rosa J, Alcaraz Pérez F, et al. TNF receptors regulate vascular homeostasis in zebrafish through a caspase-8, caspase-2 and P53 apoptotic program that bypasses caspase-3. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:383-96 pubmed publisher..We have identified an evolutionarily conserved apoptotic pathway involved in vascular homeostasis that provides new therapeutic targets for the control of inflammation- and tumor-driven angiogenesis. ..
- Ji W, Liang H, Zhou W, Zhang X. Apoptotic responses of zebrafish (Danio rerio) after exposure with microcystin-LR under different ambient temperatures. J Appl Toxicol. 2013;33:799-806 pubmed publisher..Results of the present study indicate that different ambient temperatures can lead to various toxic effects of MCs on hepatic apoptosis in fish. ..
- Ngan A, Wang Y. Tissue-specific transcriptional regulation of monocarboxylate transporters (MCTs) during short-term hypoxia in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2009;154:396-405 pubmed publisher..This study has shown that fish utilize tissue-specific transcriptional regulation of MCTs along with other metabolic genes during hypoxia. ..
- Zhu L, Mu X, Wang K, Chai T, Yang Y, Qiu L, et al. Cyhalofop-butyl has the potential to induce developmental toxicity, oxidative stress and apoptosis in early life stage of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Pollut. 2015;203:40-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we speculated that oxidative stress-induced apoptosis should be responsible for abnormal development during embryogenesis after cyhalofop-butyl exposure. ..
- Zhang Q, Cheng J, Xin Q. Effects of tetracycline on developmental toxicity and molecular responses in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Ecotoxicology. 2015;24:707-19 pubmed publisher..The overall results indicate that tetracycline can produce oxidative stress and induce apoptosis, which brings about significant developmental delay in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Deng J, Yu L, Liu C, Yu K, Shi X, Yeung L, et al. Hexabromocyclododecane-induced developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2009;93:29-36 pubmed publisher..The results also indicate that zebrafish embryos can serve as a reliable model for the developmental toxicity of HBCD. ..
- Huang L, Wang C, Zhang Y, Wu M, Zuo Z. Phenanthrene causes ocular developmental toxicity in zebrafish embryos and the possible mechanisms involved. J Hazard Mater. 2013;261:172-80 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we demonstrated that AhR was a repressor of Zeb1. We propose that Phe's ocular toxicity is mediated by up-regulating AhR, which then down-regulates Zeb1, in turn inducing Mitf expression while inhibiting Pax6 expression. ..
- Santangeli S, Maradonna F, Gioacchini G, Cobellis G, Piccinetti C, Dalla Valle L, et al. BPA-Induced Deregulation Of Epigenetic Patterns: Effects On Female Zebrafish Reproduction. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21982 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the negative effects of BPA on the female reproductive system may be due to its upstream ability to deregulate epigenetic mechanism. ..
- Lei X, Cai S, Chen Y, Cui J, Wang Y, Li Z, et al. Down-regulation of interleukin 7 receptor (IL-7R) contributes to central nervous system demyelination. Oncotarget. 2017;8:28395-28407 pubmed publisher..These findings contribute to our understanding of the role of IL-7R in demyelination, and provide a rationale for the development of IL-7R-based therapies for MS and other demyelinating diseases. ..
- Ryu S, Holzschuh J, Erhardt S, Ettl A, Driever W. Depletion of minichromosome maintenance protein 5 in the zebrafish retina causes cell-cycle defect and apoptosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:18467-72 pubmed
- Arduini B, Henion P. Melanophore sublineage-specific requirement for zebrafish touchtone during neural crest development. Mech Dev. 2004;121:1353-64 pubmed..Further, our results suggest that, like other neural crest-derived sublineages, melanogenic precursors constitute a heterogeneous population with respect to genetic requirements for development...
- Ossa López P, Castaño Villa G, Rivera Páez F. Genotoxic effects and gene expression in Danio rerio (Hamilton 1822) (Cypriniformes: Cyprinidae) exposed to mining-impacted tributaries in Manizales, Colombia. Environ Monit Assess. 2017;189:520 pubmed publisher..These results show that the genotoxic effects and differential gene expression observed in fish exposed to water from La Elvira stream could also be affecting the organisms present in this habitat. ..
- Han R, Wang R, Zhao Q, Han Y, Zong S, Miao S, et al. Trim69 regulates zebrafish brain development by ap-1 pathway. Sci Rep. 2016;6:24034 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results support a role for trim69 in the development of the zebrafish brain through ap-1 pathway. ..
- Yang Y, Qi S, Wang D, Wang K, Zhu L, Chai T, et al. Toxic effects of thifluzamide on zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Hazard Mater. 2016;307:127-36 pubmed publisher..These might be responsible for the adverse expansion of the apoptosis- and immune-related genes, which would facilitate the action of these factors in programmed cell death and might play a key role during the toxic events. ..
- Mu X, Chai T, Wang K, Zhang J, Zhu L, Li X, et al. Occurrence and origin of sensitivity toward difenoconazole in zebrafish (Danio reio) during different life stages. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;160:57-68 pubmed publisher..At 8 dpe, the modification in the transcription of the tested genes in the embryos and adult fish was similar, except for the genes related to the synthesis of sterols. ..
- Gerety S, Wilkinson D. Morpholino artifacts provide pitfalls and reveal a novel role for pro-apoptotic genes in hindbrain boundary development. Dev Biol. 2011;350:279-89 pubmed publisher..In light of these findings, we discuss the precautions needed in performing morpholino knockdowns and in interpreting the data derived from their use. ..
- Jin Y, Zheng S, Pu Y, Shu L, Sun L, Liu W, et al. Cypermethrin has the potential to induce hepatic oxidative stress, DNA damage and apoptosis in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2011;82:398-404 pubmed publisher..This information will be helpful in fully understanding the mechanism of aquatic toxicology induced by CYP in fish. ..
- Si J, Zhou R, Song J, Gan L, Zhou X, Di C, et al. Toxic effects of 56Fe ion radiation on the zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryonic development. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;186:87-95 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study may aid future impact assessment of environmental radioactivity in fish. ..
- Yang Y, Liu W, Mu X, Qi S, Fu B, Wang C. Biological response of zebrafish embryos after short-term exposure to thifluzamide. Sci Rep. 2016;6:38485 pubmed publisher..In addition to providing the first description of the mechanism of the toxic effects of thifluzamide on embryos, this study also represents a step towards using embryos to assess mitochondrial metabolism and disease. ..
- Zhou Z, Sun L. Edwardsiella tarda-Induced Inhibition of Apoptosis: A Strategy for Intracellular Survival. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2016;6:76 pubmed publisher..tarda prevents apoptosis in teleost as a strategy for intracellular survival, and that some putative apoptotic genes of teleost function in the apoptosis pathway probably in a manner similar to that in mammalian systems. ..
- Jin Y, Zheng S, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cypermethrin induces apoptosis and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;30:1049-54 pubmed publisher..The information presented in this study will help elucidate the mechanism of CYP-induced toxicity in fish. ..
- Zhang J, Laurence Souders C, Denslow N, Martyniuk C. Quercetin, a natural product supplement, impairs mitochondrial bioenergetics and locomotor behavior in larval zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;327:30-38 pubmed publisher..There were no changes in transcripts related to apoptosis (bcl2, bax, casp3, casp7), but we did observe a decrease in mRNA levels for catalase (cat) in fish exposed to each dose, supporting ..
- López Muñoz A, Roca F, Meseguer J, Mulero V. New insights into the evolution of IFNs: zebrafish group II IFNs induce a rapid and transient expression of IFN-dependent genes and display powerful antiviral activities. J Immunol. 2009;182:3440-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest nonredundant, complementary roles of type I zfIFNs in viral infections and provide evidence for a pivotal role of the recently identified group II IFN of fish in the early stages of viral infections. ..
- Amali A, Rekha R, Lin C, Wang W, Gong H, Her G, et al. Thioacetamide induced liver damage in zebrafish embryo as a disease model for steatohepatitis. J Biomed Sci. 2006;13:225-32 pubmed..Moreover, non-availability of specific drugs to prevent steatohepatitis, this animal model may serve as a powerful preclinical platform to study the therapeutic strategies and for evaluating chemoprevention strategies for this disease...