Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: calb2b
Description: calbindin 2b
Alias: calb2, wu:fq17g09, zgc:73099, calbindin 2, calbindin 2, (calretinin), calretinin
- Garcia Crespo D, Vecino E. Differential expression of calretinin in the developing and regenerating zebrafish visual system. Histol Histopathol. 2004;19:1193-9 pubmed publisherb>Calretinin is a calcium-binding protein which participates in a variety of functions including calcium buffering and neuronal protection. It also serves as a developmental marker of retinal ganglion cells (RGCs)...
- Yokoi H, Yan Y, Miller M, Bremiller R, Catchen J, Johnson E, et al. Expression profiling of zebrafish sox9 mutants reveals that Sox9 is required for retinal differentiation. Dev Biol. 2009;329:1-15 pubmed publisher..Results identified genes expressed in cartilage (col2a1a and col11a2), retina (calb2a, calb2b, crx, neurod, rs1, sox4a and vsx1) and pectoral fin bud (klf2b and EST AI722369) as candidate targets for Sox9...
- Boyer B, Ernest S, Rosa F. Egr-1 induction provides a genetic response to food aversion in zebrafish. Front Behav Neurosci. 2013;7:51 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data indicate that egr-1 participates specifically in food aversion. The existence of reward-coupled changes in taste sensitivity in humans suggests that our results are relevant to situations in humans. ..
- Doi T, Puri P, Bannigan J, Thompson J. Disruption of calreticulin-mediated cellular adhesion signaling in the cadmium-induced omphalocele in the chick model. Pediatr Surg Int. 2010;26:91-5 pubmed publisher..05). There were no significant differences at 8H. Downregulation of CRT, E-cadherin and beta-catenin genes may cause omphalocele in the Cd chick model by disrupting CRT-mediated Ca(2+) signaling and AJs. ..
- Duggan C, DeMaria S, Baudhuin A, Stafford D, Ngai J. Foxg1 is required for development of the vertebrate olfactory system. J Neurosci. 2008;28:5229-39 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we identified an evolutionarily conserved requirement for Foxg1 in the development of the vertebrate olfactory system. ..
- Hendricks M, Jesuthasan S. Asymmetric innervation of the habenula in zebrafish. J Comp Neurol. 2007;502:611-9 pubmed..Our data establish that there is asymmetric innervation of the habenula from the telencephalon, suggesting a mechanism by which habenula asymmetry might contribute to lateralized behavior. ..
- McFarland K, Topczewska J, Weidinger G, Dorsky R, Appel B. Hh and Wnt signaling regulate formation of olig2+ neurons in the zebrafish cerebellum. Dev Biol. 2008;318:162-71 pubmed publisher..Specifically, we propose that Hedgehog limits the range of Wnt signaling, which is necessary for olig2(+) neuron development. ..
- Bae Y, Kani S, Shimizu T, Tanabe K, Nojima H, Kimura Y, et al. Anatomy of zebrafish cerebellum and screen for mutations affecting its development. Dev Biol. 2009;330:406-26 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a platform for future studies of zebrafish cerebellar development. ..
- Bhoyar R, Jadhao A, Sivasubbu S, Singh A, Sabharwal A, Palande N, et al. Neuroanatomical demonstration of calbindin 2a- and calbindin 2b-like calcium binding proteins in the early embryonic development of zebrafish: mRNA study. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2017;60:26-33 pubmed publisher..We have investigated the mRNA expression of CaBPs, calbindin 2a (Calb2a) and calbindin 2b (Calb2b) in the zebrafish embryos 24, 36, 48 and 72h post fertilization (hpf)...
- Graña P, Anadón R, Yáñez J. Immunocytochemical study of calretinin and calbindin D-28K expression in the retina of three cartilaginous fishes and a cladistian (Polypterus). Brain Res Bull. 2008;75:375-8 pubmed publisherThe distribution of two calcium-binding proteins, calbindin D-28K (CB) and calretinin (CR) was studied in the retina of a cladistian, Polypterus senegalus, and three cartilaginous fishes (Scyliorhinus canicula, Raja undulata and Torpedo ..
- Levanti M, Montalbano G, Laura R, Ciriaco E, Cobo T, Garcia Suarez O, et al. Calretinin in the peripheral nervous system of the adult zebrafish. J Anat. 2008;212:67-71 pubmed publisherb>Calretinin is a calcium-binding protein found widely distributed in the central nervous system and chemosensory cells of the teleosts, but its presence in the peripheral nervous system of fishes is unknown...
- Rohrschneider M, Elsen G, Prince V. Zebrafish Hoxb1a regulates multiple downstream genes including prickle1b. Dev Biol. 2007;309:358-72 pubmed..Using morpholino knock-down and cell transplantation, we demonstrate that the Hoxb1a target Prickle1b functions cell-autonomously to control facial neuron migration, a single aspect of r4 identity. ..
- Germana A, Paruta S, Germanà G, Ochoa Erena F, Montalbano G, Cobo J, et al. Differential distribution of S100 protein and calretinin in mechanosensory and chemosensory cells of adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Brain Res. 2007;1162:48-55 pubmed..and Western blot were used to investigate the occurrence and the distribution of S100 protein and calretinin in mechanosensory (neuromasts of the lateral line system; maculae and cristae ampullaris of the inner ear) as ..
- Bernardos R, Raymond P. GFAP transgenic zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:1007-13 pubmed..GFP expression in glia co-localized with anti-GFAP antibodies, but did not co-localize with the neuronal antibodies HuC/D or calretinin in mature neurons.
- Castro A, Becerra M, Manso M, Anadón R. Calretinin immunoreactivity in the brain of the zebrafish, Danio rerio: distribution and comparison with some neuropeptides and neurotransmitter-synthesizing enzymes. II. Midbrain, hindbrain, and rostral spinal cord. J Comp Neurol. 2006;494:792-814 pubmedThe distribution of calretinin (CR) in the brainstem and rostral spinal cord of the adult zebrafish was studied by using immunocytochemical techniques...
- Viloria A, Rodríguez Alonso M, Costas V, Pérez Fernández J, Pombal M, Megias M. Developmental changes of calretinin immunoreactivity in the lamprey spinal cord. Brain Res Bull. 2008;75:428-32 pubmed publisherWe studied the distribution of calretinin immunoreactivity (CR-ir) in the rostral and intermediate levels of the spinal cord of lampreys from embryonic to adult periods...