Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cahz
Description: carbonic anhydrase
Alias: CAH-Z, cah, cb588, id:ibd5016, wu:cegs2190, wu:fj65c09, carbonic anhydrase, ca2b, carbonate dehydratase, zCA2-like b, zCAb
- Agathon A, Thisse C, Thisse B. The molecular nature of the zebrafish tail organizer. Nature. 2003;424:448-52 pubmed..In contrast to induction of the vertebrate head, known to result from the triple inhibition of BMP, Nodal and Wnt, here we show that induction of the tail results from the triple stimulation of BMP, Nodal and Wnt8 signalling pathways. ..
- Galloway J, Wingert R, Thisse C, Thisse B, Zon L. Loss of gata1 but not gata2 converts erythropoiesis to myelopoiesis in zebrafish embryos. Dev Cell. 2005;8:109-16 pubmed..Our studies establish a transcriptional hierarchy of Gata factor dependence during hematopoiesis and demonstrate that gata1 plays an integral role in directing myelo-erythroid lineage fate decisions during embryogenesis. ..
- Ito Y, Kobayashi S, Nakamura N, Miyagi H, Esaki M, Hoshijima K, et al. Close Association of Carbonic Anhydrase (CA2a and CA15a), Na(+)/H(+) Exchanger (Nhe3b), and Ammonia Transporter Rhcg1 in Zebrafish Ionocytes Responsible for Na(+) Uptake. Front Physiol. 2013;4:59 pubmed publisher..mechanism for the Na(+) uptake, we performed a systematic analysis of gene expression patterns of zebrafish carbonic anhydrase (CA) isoforms and found that, of 12 CA isoforms, CA2a and CA15a are highly expressed in H-MRCs at larval ..
- Qian F, Zhen F, Ong C, Jin S, Meng Soo H, Stainier D, et al. Microarray analysis of zebrafish cloche mutant using amplified cDNA and identification of potential downstream target genes. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:1163-72 pubmed..We further determine that of these 13 new targets, 8 genes, including coproporphyrinogen oxidase (cpo), carbonic anhydrase (cahz), claudin g (cldn g), zinc-finger-like gene 2 (znfl2), neutrophil cytosol factor 1 (ncf1), matrix ..
- Esbaugh A, Perry S, Gilmour K. Hypoxia-inducible carbonic anhydrase IX expression is insufficient to alleviate intracellular metabolic acidosis in the muscle of zebrafish, Danio rerio. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;296:R150-60 pubmed publisherRecent evidence suggests that carbonic anhydrase (CA) IX in humans is under the regulatory control of hypoxia-inducible factor and is overexpressed in certain cancers...
- Abbas L, Whitfield T. Nkcc1 (Slc12a2) is required for the regulation of endolymph volume in the otic vesicle and swim bladder volume in the zebrafish larva. Development. 2009;136:2837-48 pubmed publisher..This exemplifies the use of morpholinos as potential therapeutic agents for genetic disease...
- Yurco P, Cameron D. Responses of Müller glia to retinal injury in adult zebrafish. Vision Res. 2005;45:991-1002 pubmed..The results suggested a model of retinal regeneration in which lesions are filled, in part, by a localized en place cytogenesis within intact retina surrounding the lesion site. ..
- Tarbashevich K, Reichman Fried M, Grimaldi C, Raz E. Chemokine-Dependent pH Elevation at the Cell Front Sustains Polarity in Directionally Migrating Zebrafish Germ Cells. Curr Biol. 2015;25:1096-103 pubmed publisher..Specifically, we show that Carbonic Anhydrase 15b, an enzyme controlling the pH in many cell types, including metastatic cancer cells, is expressed in ..
- Matsumoto H, Fujiwara S, Miyagi H, Nakamura N, Shiga Y, Ohta T, et al. Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors Induce Developmental Toxicity During Zebrafish Embryogenesis, Especially in the Inner Ear. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2017;19:430-440 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings demonstrated the importance of potential risk assessment of CA inhibition, especially regarding the formation of otoliths as a one of the most sensitive organs in embryogenesis. ..
- Morris A, Scholz T, Brockerhoff S, Fadool J. Genetic dissection reveals two separate pathways for rod and cone regeneration in the teleost retina. Dev Neurobiol. 2008;68:605-19 pubmed publisher..These two genetic models therefore offer new opportunities for investigating the molecular mechanisms of selective degeneration and regeneration of rods and cones. ..
- Catalano A, Raymond P, Goldman D, Wei X. Zebrafish dou yan mutation causes patterning defects and extensive cell death in the retina. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:1295-306 pubmed..Identification and further study of the dou yan gene will enhance our understanding of the molecular mechanisms regulating retinal cellular homeostasis, i.e., the balance between cell proliferation and cell death. ..
- Morris A, Schroeter E, Bilotta J, Wong R, Fadool J. Cone survival despite rod degeneration in XOPS-mCFP transgenic zebrafish. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:4762-71 pubmed..This raises important questions about the significance of rod-cone interactions in zebrafish and their potential as a model of human inherited retinal degenerations. ..