Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ca2
Description: carbonic anhydrase II
Alias: ca2a, cb1082, wu:fb50f02, wu:fk91a02, carbonic anhydrase II, zCA2-like a
- Rodius S, Nazarov P, Nepomuceno Chamorro I, Jeanty C, GonzÃ¡lez Rosa J, Ibberson M, et al. Transcriptional response to cardiac injury in the zebrafish: systematic identification of genes with highly concordant activity across in vivo models. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:852 pubmed publisher..For example, ptgis and ca2 were overexpressed, while usp2a, a regulator of the p53 pathway, was down-regulated in our in vivo models...
- Gilmour K, Thomas K, Esbaugh A, Perry S. Carbonic anhydrase expression and CO2 excretion during early development in zebrafish Danio rerio. J Exp Biol. 2009;212:3837-45 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that between 24 h.p.f. and 48 h.p.f., developing zebrafish begin to rely on CA to meet requirements for increased CO2 excretion. ..
- Christensen A, Jensen A. Tissue-specific requirements for specific domains in the FERM protein Moe/Epb4.1l5 during early zebrafish development. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:3 pubmed publisher..1l5long, and suggest that additional C' terminal sequences are important for zebrafish retinal development. Additionally, our data provide further evidence that Moe is a negative regulator of rod outer segment size. ..
- Rohrschneider M, Elsen G, Prince V. Zebrafish Hoxb1a regulates multiple downstream genes including prickle1b. Dev Biol. 2007;309:358-72 pubmed..Using morpholino knock-down and cell transplantation, we demonstrate that the Hoxb1a target Prickle1b functions cell-autonomously to control facial neuron migration, a single aspect of r4 identity. ..
- Ito Y, Kobayashi S, Nakamura N, Miyagi H, Esaki M, Hoshijima K, et al. Close Association of Carbonic Anhydrase (CA2a and CA15a), Na(+)/H(+) Exchanger (Nhe3b), and Ammonia Transporter Rhcg1 in Zebrafish Ionocytes Responsible for Na(+) Uptake. Front Physiol. 2013;4:59 pubmed publisher..of gene expression patterns of zebrafish carbonic anhydrase (CA) isoforms and found that, of 12 CA isoforms, CA2a and CA15a are highly expressed in H-MRCs at larval stages...
- Guh Y, Tseng Y, Yang C, Hwang P. Endothelin-1 regulates H?-ATPase-dependent transepithelial H? secretion in zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2014;155:1728-37 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence that EDN1 signaling is involved in acid-base regulation in zebrafish and enhance our understanding of EDN1 regulation of transepithelial H? secretion in vertebrates. ..
- Miller S, Pollack J, Bradshaw J, Kumai Y, Perry S. Cardiac responses to hypercapnia in larval zebrafish (Danio rerio): the links between CO2 chemoreception, catecholamines and carbonic anhydrase. J Exp Biol. 2014;217:3569-78 pubmed publisher..75% CO2) was reduced in fish at 5 d.p.f. exposed to acetazolamide, a CA inhibitor, and in fish experiencing zCAc (CA2-like a) knockdown...
- Kazokaitė J, Aspatwar A, Kairys V, Parkkila S, Matulis D. Fluorinated benzenesulfonamide anticancer inhibitors of carbonic anhydrase IX exhibit lower toxic effects on zebrafish embryonic development than ethoxzolamide. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2017;40:309-319 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the exposure to VD11-4-2 and VD12-09 at concentrations below LC50 did not lead to deleterious effects on the zebrafish embryonic development and thus both inhibitors may be further developed as drugs. ..
- Hsiao C, You M, Guh Y, Ma M, Jiang Y, Hwang P. A positive regulatory loop between foxi3a and foxi3b is essential for specification and differentiation of zebrafish epidermal ionocytes. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e302 pubmed
- Matsumoto H, Fujiwara S, Miyagi H, Nakamura N, Shiga Y, Ohta T, et al. Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors Induce Developmental Toxicity During Zebrafish Embryogenesis, Especially in the Inner Ear. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2017;19:430-440 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings demonstrated the importance of potential risk assessment of CA inhibition, especially regarding the formation of otoliths as a one of the most sensitive organs in embryogenesis. ..
- Craig P, Wood C, McClelland G. Gill membrane remodeling with soft-water acclimation in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Physiol Genomics. 2007;30:53-60 pubmed..This not only enhances our understanding of ionoregulatory processes in fish but also highlights the need for proper experimental design for studies involving preacclimation to soft water (e.g., metal toxicity). ..