Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: c3a.2
Description: complement component c3a, duplicate 2
Alias: C3-1, C3-2, c3b, complement component c3a, duplicate 2, c3.2, complement component C3-1, complement component c3b
- Hostelley T, Lodh S, Zaghloul N. Whole organism transcriptome analysis of zebrafish models of Bardet-Biedl Syndrome and Alström Syndrome provides mechanistic insight into shared and divergent phenotypes. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:318 pubmed publisher..These findings provide important novel insight into shared and divergent phenotypes between two similar but distinct genetic syndromes. ..
- Hsieh J, Pan C, Chen J. Tilapia hepcidin (TH)2-3 as a transgene in transgenic fish enhances resistance to Vibrio vulnificus infection and causes variations in immune-related genes after infection by different bacterial species. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;29:430-9 pubmed publisher..at 1-24 h), IL-15 (at 6 h), IL-22 (at 1-6 h), and TLR3 (at 1-24 h) were downregulated, but TLR4a (at 6-12 h) and c3b (at 12 h) were upregulated post-infection...
- Pan C, Peng K, Lin C, Chen J. Transgenic expression of tilapia hepcidin 1-5 and shrimp chelonianin in zebrafish and their resistance to bacterial pathogens. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:275-85 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate that TH1-5 and chelonianin possess the potential to be novel candidate genes for aquaculture applications to treat fish diseases. ..
- Lin W, Hou J, Guo H, Qiu Y, Li L, Li D, et al. Dualistic immunomodulation of sub-chronic microcystin-LR exposure on the innate-immune defense system in male zebrafish. Chemosphere. 2017;183:315-322 pubmed publisher..remarkable elevation of serum C3 levels, and significantly upregulated expression of innate immune-related genes (c3b, lyz, il1?, tnf? and ifn?)...
- Gonçalves A, Neves J, Coimbra J, Rodrigues P, Vijayan M, Wilson J. Cortisol plays a role in the high environmental ammonia associated suppression of the immune response in zebrafish. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2017;249:32-39 pubmed publisher..2-like (lect2l), haptoglobin (hp), hepcidin (=hepatic anti-microbial peptide hamp), and complement component 3b (c3b)] by real-time quantitative PCR...
- Jiang C, Wang P, Li M, Liu S, Zhang S. Dietary ?-glucan enhances the contents of complement component 3 and factor B in eggs of zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;65:107-113 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data show for the first time that ?-glucan can be safely used to promote the non-specific immunity in offspring of fishes. ..
- Brudal E, Ulanova L, O Lampe E, Rishovd A, Griffiths G, Winther Larsen H. Establishment of three Francisella infections in zebrafish embryos at different temperatures. Infect Immun. 2014;82:2180-94 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate the usefulness of the zebrafish embryo model for studying infections caused by different Francisella species at a wide range of temperatures and highlight their interactions with immune cells. ..
- Jin Y, Zheng S, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cypermethrin induces apoptosis and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;30:1049-54 pubmed publisher..The information presented in this study will help elucidate the mechanism of CYP-induced toxicity in fish. ..