Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: bmp7a
Description: bone morphogenetic protein 7a
Alias: bmp7, fb83f09, wu:fb83f09, bone morphogenetic protein 7a, bone morphogenetic protein 7, snailhouse, snh
- Kantarci H, Edlund R, Groves A, Riley B. Tfap2a promotes specification and maturation of neurons in the inner ear through modulation of Bmp, Fgf and notch signaling. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005037 pubmed publisher..This led to the discovery that Tfap2a activates expression of Bmp7a, which in turn inhibits both Fgf and Notch signaling...
- Kramer C, Mayr T, Nowak M, Schumacher J, Runke G, Bauer H, et al. Maternally supplied Smad5 is required for ventral specification in zebrafish embryos prior to zygotic Bmp signaling. Dev Biol. 2002;250:263-79 pubmed..negative mutation in Smad5, a transducer of ventralizing signaling by the bone morphogenetic proteins Bmp2b and Bmp7. Since sbn(dtc24) mutant Smad5 protein not only blocks wild-type Smad5, but also other family members like Smad1, ..
- Guo S, Brush J, Teraoka H, Goddard A, Wilson S, Mullins M, et al. Development of noradrenergic neurons in the zebrafish hindbrain requires BMP, FGF8, and the homeodomain protein soulless/Phox2a. Neuron. 1999;24:555-66 pubmed..These findings suggest that Phox2a coordinates the specification of LC in part through the induction of Phox2b and in response to cooperating signals that operate along the mediolateral and anteroposterior axes of the neural plate. ..
- Poulain M, Fürthauer M, Thisse B, Thisse C, Lepage T. Zebrafish endoderm formation is regulated by combinatorial Nodal, FGF and BMP signalling. Development. 2006;133:2189-200 pubmed..These results identify a molecular mechanism whereby FGF attenuates Nodal-induced endodermal transcription factors and highlight a potential mechanism whereby mesoderm and endoderm fates could segregate from each other. ..
- Razaghi B, Steele S, Prykhozhij S, Stoyek M, Hill J, Cooper M, et al. hace1 Influences zebrafish cardiac development via ROS-dependent mechanisms. Dev Dyn. 2018;247:289-303 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that HACE1 is critical in the normal development and proper function of the vertebrate heart via a ROS-dependent mechanism. Developmental Dynamics 247:289-303, 2018. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Miyares R, Stein C, Renisch B, Anderson J, Hammerschmidt M, Farber S. Long-chain Acyl-CoA synthetase 4A regulates Smad activity and dorsoventral patterning in the zebrafish embryo. Dev Cell. 2013;27:635-47 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a critical role for Acsl4a in modulating Bmp-Smad activity and provide a potential avenue for LC-PUFAs to influence a variety of developmental processes. ..
- Reichert S, Randall R, Hill C. A BMP regulatory network controls ectodermal cell fate decisions at the neural plate border. Development. 2013;140:4435-44 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data define a BMP regulatory network that controls cell fate decisions at the neural plate border. ..
- Qian Y, Wang C, Wang J, Zhang X, Zhou Z, Zhao M, et al. Fipronil-induced enantioselective developmental toxicity to zebrafish embryo-larvae involves changes in DNA methylation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:2284 pubmed publisher..The application of epigenetics to investigate the enantioselective toxicity mechanism of chiral chemicals would provide a further understanding of their stereoselectivity biological effects. ..
- Li C, Ge W. Spatiotemporal expression of bone morphogenetic protein family ligands and receptors in the zebrafish ovary: a potential paracrine-signaling mechanism for oocyte-follicle cell communication. Biol Reprod. 2011;85:977-86 pubmed publisher..Reverse transcription-PCR analysis revealed the expression of the Bmp ligands (bmp2a, bmp2b, bmp4, bmp6, and bmp7a) and the type II Bmp receptors (bmpr2a and bmpr2b) in various tissues, including the ovary...
- Zhu W, Yao X, Liang Y, Liang D, Song L, Jing N, et al. Mediator Med23 deficiency enhances neural differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells through modulating BMP signaling. Development. 2015;142:465-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study reveals an intrinsic, restrictive role of MED23 in early neural development, thus providing new molecular insights for neural fate determination. ..
- Marques S, Yelon D. Differential requirement for BMP signaling in atrial and ventricular lineages establishes cardiac chamber proportionality. Dev Biol. 2009;328:472-82 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies uncover a new role for BMP signaling in the regulation of chamber size, supporting a model in which differential reception of cardiac inductive signals establishes chamber proportion. ..
- Ganassi M, Badodi S, Polacchini A, Baruffaldi F, Battini R, Hughes S, et al. Distinct functions of alternatively spliced isoforms encoded by zebrafish mef2ca and mef2cb. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1839:559-70 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data show that AS is a significant regulator of Mef2c activity. ..
- Baker K, Ramel M, Lekven A. A direct role for Wnt8 in ventrolateral mesoderm patterning. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2828-36 pubmed publisher..Thus, Wnt8 and BMP signaling have independent roles during vertebrate ventrolateral mesoderm development that can be identified through loss-of-function analysis. ..
- Feng L, Jiang H, Wu P, Marlow F. Negative feedback regulation of Wnt signaling via N-linked fucosylation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;395:268-86 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Wnt limits its own signaling activity in part via up-regulation of a transporter, slc35c1 that promotes terminal fucosylation and thereby limits Wnt activity. ..
- Jurynec M, Grunwald D. SHIP2, a factor associated with diet-induced obesity and insulin sensitivity, attenuates FGF signaling in vivo. Dis Model Mech. 2010;3:733-42 pubmed publisher..We suggest that modulation of FGF signaling may be a principal function of SHIP2 in mammals. ..
- Shawi M, Serluca F. Identification of a BMP7 homolog in zebrafish expressed in developing organ systems. Gene Expr Patterns. 2008;8:369-75 pubmed publisher..The zebrafish mutant snailhouse (snh) was originally isolated as being strongly dorsalized and the mutation was determined to lie within the ..
- Chang L, Kessler D. Foxd3 is an essential Nodal-dependent regulator of zebrafish dorsal mesoderm development. Dev Biol. 2010;342:39-50 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Foxd3 is an essential upstream regulator of the Nodal pathway in zebrafish dorsal mesoderm development and establish a broadly conserved role for Foxd3 in vertebrate mesodermal development. ..
- Chen L, Dong C, Kong S, Zhang J, Li X, Xu P. Genome wide identification, phylogeny, and expression of bone morphogenetic protein genes in tetraploidized common carp (Cyprinus carpio). Gene. 2017;627:157-163 pubmed publisher..The whole set of bmp gene family in common carp provides insight into gene fate of tetraploidized common carp genome post recent WGD. ..
- Wagner D, Mullins M. Modulation of BMP activity in dorsal-ventral pattern formation by the chordin and ogon antagonists. Dev Biol. 2002;245:109-23 pubmed..The dorsalized mutants swirl/bmp2b, snailhouse/bmp7, lost-a-fin/alk8, and mini fin/tolloid were each analyzed in double mutant combinations with the ..
- Sidi S, Goutel C, Peyrieras N, Rosa F. Maternal induction of ventral fate by zebrafish radar. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:3315-20 pubmed..They might further indicate that maternal TGF-betaRdr and WntCa(2+) pathways complementarily specify ventral cell fates, with the former triggering bmps expression and the latter indirectly repressing genes encoding BMP antagonists. ..
- Yang Y, Thorpe C. BMP and non-canonical Wnt signaling are required for inhibition of secondary tail formation in zebrafish. Development. 2011;138:2601-11 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which BMP and the non-canonical Wnt pathway regulate tail morphogenesis by controlling cell migration and cell adhesion within the tailbud...
- Ferri Lagneau K, Moshal K, Grimes M, Zahora B, Lv L, Sang S, et al. Ginger stimulates hematopoiesis via Bmp pathway in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39327 pubmed publisher..We found that ginger and 10-gingerol treatment during gastrulation results in an increase of bmp2b and bmp7a expression, and their downstream effectors, gata2 and eve1...
- Shih H, Hsu S, Ouyang P, Lin S, Chou T, Chiang M, et al. Bmp5 Regulates Neural Crest Cell Survival and Proliferation via Two Different Signaling Pathways. Stem Cells. 2017;35:1003-1014 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate an important regulatory mechanism for bone morphogenic protein-initiated signal transduction underlying the formation of neural crest progenitors. Stem Cells 2017;35:1003-1014. ..
- Hernandez Lagunas L, Choi I, Kaji T, Simpson P, Hershey C, Zhou Y, et al. Zebrafish narrowminded disrupts the transcription factor prdm1 and is required for neural crest and sensory neuron specification. Dev Biol. 2005;278:347-57 pubmed..Analysis of prdm1 function by overexpression indicates that prdm1 functions to promote the cell fate specification of both neural crest cells and RB sensory neurons, most likely as a downstream effector of the BMP signaling pathway. ..
- Pelegri F. Maternal factors in zebrafish development. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:535-54 pubmed
- Zinski J, Bu Y, Wang X, Dou W, Umulis D, Mullins M. Systems biology derived source-sink mechanism of BMP gradient formation. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..We measured Bmp2 diffusion and found that it supports the source-sink model, suggesting a new mechanism to shape BMP gradients during development. ..
- Chen J, van Eeden F, Warren K, Chin A, Nusslein Volhard C, Haffter P, et al. Left-right pattern of cardiac BMP4 may drive asymmetry of the heart in zebrafish. Development. 1997;124:4373-82 pubmed..Thus, the pattern of cardiac BMP4 appears to be in the pathway by which the heart interprets lateralizing signals from the midline. ..
- Hogan B, Layton J, Pyati U, Nutt S, Hayman J, Varma S, et al. Specification of the primitive myeloid precursor pool requires signaling through Alk8 in zebrafish. Curr Biol. 2006;16:506-11 pubmed..1 expression, but the role of alk8 was independent of the scl-dependent cell-fate pathway. Furthermore, the role of Alk8 in myelopoiesis was genetically separable from its earlier role in dorsal-ventral embryonic patterning. ..
- Wei C, Wang H, Zhu Z, Sun Y. Transcriptional factors smad1 and smad9 act redundantly to mediate zebrafish ventral specification downstream of smad5. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:6604-18 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study uncovers that smad1 and smad9 act redundantly to each other downstream of smad5 to mediate ventral specification and to regulate embryonic myelopoiesis. ..
- Pauli A, Montague T, Lennox K, Behlke M, Schier A. Antisense Oligonucleotide-Mediated Transcript Knockdown in Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0139504 pubmed publisher..transcript knockdown reproduced the published loss-of-function phenotypes for oep, chordin, dnd, ctnnb2, bmp7a, alk8, smad2 and smad5 in a dosage-sensitive manner...
- Capon S, Baillie G, Bower N, da Silva J, Paterson S, Hogan B, et al. Utilising polymorphisms to achieve allele-specific genome editing in zebrafish. Biol Open. 2017;6:125-131 pubmed publisher..Targeting of genes bmp7a and chordin showed reduction in the frequency of phenotypes in injected 'heterozygotes' compared with injecting ..
- Grinblat Y, Sive H. zic Gene expression marks anteroposterior pattern in the presumptive neurectoderm of the zebrafish gastrula. Dev Dyn. 2001;222:688-93 pubmed..These data show an early subdivision of the A/P axis in the presumptive neurectoderm. ..
- Langdon Y, Fuentes R, Zhang H, Abrams E, Marlow F, Mullins M. Split top: a maternal cathepsin B that regulates dorsoventral patterning and morphogenesis. Development. 2016;143:1016-28 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a novel role for Ctsba in morphogenesis and expand our understanding of the maternal regulation of dorsoventral patterning. ..
- Umasankar P, Sanker S, Thieman J, Chakraborty S, Wendland B, Tsang M, et al. Distinct and separable activities of the endocytic clathrin-coat components Fcho1/2 and AP-2 in developmental patterning. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:488-501 pubmed publisher..Still, the fcho1 morphant phenotype is distinct from severe embryonic defects apparent when AP-2 is depleted. Our data thus challenge the primacy of FCHO1/2 in coat initiation. ..
- Xu T, Zhao J, Hu P, Dong Z, Li J, Zhang H, et al. Pentachlorophenol exposure causes Warburg-like effects in zebrafish embryos at gastrulation stage. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2014;277:183-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrated that PCP causes a Warburg-like effect on zebrafish embryos during gastrulation, and the affected embryos had the phenotype of developmental delay...
- Londin E, Niemiec J, Sirotkin H. Chordin, FGF signaling, and mesodermal factors cooperate in zebrafish neural induction. Dev Biol. 2005;279:1-19 pubmed..Our results support a model in which specification of anterior neural tissue requires early FGF-mediated repression of BMP transcript levels and later activities of Chordin and mesodermal factors. ..
- Belting H, Wendik B, Lunde K, Leichsenring M, Mössner R, Driever W, et al. Pou5f1 contributes to dorsoventral patterning by positive regulation of vox and modulation of fgf8a expression. Dev Biol. 2011;356:323-36 pubmed publisher..Our data reveals a set of direct and indirect interactions of Pou5f1 with the BMP dorsoventral patterning network that serve to fine-tune dorsoventral patterning mechanisms and coordinate patterning with developmental timing. ..
- Kaji T, Artinger K. dlx3b and dlx4b function in the development of Rohon-Beard sensory neurons and trigeminal placode in the zebrafish neurula. Dev Biol. 2004;276:523-40 pubmed..These data suggest that the contribution of dlx3b and dlx4b to neural plate border formation is partially non-cell-autonomous acting via BMP activity. ..
- Imai Y, Talbot W. Morpholino phenocopies of the bmp2b/swirl and bmp7/snailhouse mutations. Genesis. 2001;30:160-3 pubmed
- Winkler C, Moon R. Zebrafish mdk2, a novel secreted midkine, participates in posterior neurogenesis. Dev Biol. 2001;229:102-18 pubmed..These data support the hypothesis that mdk2 participates in posterior neural development in zebrafish. ..
- Shao M, Wang M, Liu Y, Ge Y, Zhang Y, Shi D. Vegetally localised Vrtn functions as a novel repressor to modulate bmp2b transcription during dorsoventral patterning in zebrafish. Development. 2017;144:3361-3374 pubmed publisher..Our work unveils a novel maternal mechanism regulating zygotic BMP gradient in dorsoventral patterning. ..
- Kim G, Kim H, Kim H, Moon J, Kim C, Kang S, et al. HtrA1 is a novel antagonist controlling fibroblast growth factor (FGF) signaling via cleavage of FGF8. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4482-92 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study offers insight into new strategies to control human diseases associated with HtrA1 and FGF signaling. ..