Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: bmp2a
Description: bone morphogenetic protein 2a
Alias: bmp2, wu:fc59d09, bone morphogenetic protein 2
- Fong S, Emelyanov A, Teh C, Korzh V. Wnt signalling mediated by Tbx2b regulates cell migration during formation of the neural plate. Development. 2005;132:3587-96 pubmed..The exclusion of cells lacking T-box proteins in chimeras during development was demonstrated with other T-box genes and may indicate a general functional mechanism for T-box proteins. ..
- Wise S, Stock D. Conservation and divergence of Bmp2a, Bmp2b, and Bmp4 expression patterns within and between dentitions of teleost fishes. Evol Dev. 2006;8:511-23 pubmed..We characterized expression of Bmp2a, Bmp2b, and Bmp4 during the development of oral and pharyngeal dentitions in three species of teleost fishes, the ..
- Uemura M, Nagasawa A, Terai K. Yap/Taz transcriptional activity in endothelial cells promotes intramembranous ossification via the BMP pathway. Sci Rep. 2016;6:27473 pubmed publisher..Our results provide novel insight into the relationship between blood flow and ossification by demonstrating intertissue regulation. ..
- Yang Q, Chen D, Xiong F, Chen D, Liu C, Liu Y, et al. A splicing mutation in VPS4B causes dentin dysplasia I. J Med Genet. 2016;53:624-33 pubmed publisher..This study identifies VPS4B as a disease-causing gene for DDI, which is one of the important contributors to tooth formation, through the Wnt/Î²-catenin signalling pathway. ..
- Zeng L, Childs S. The smooth muscle microRNA miR-145 regulates gut epithelial development via a paracrine mechanism. Dev Biol. 2012;367:178-86 pubmed publisher..Thus although miR-145 is a tissue-restricted microRNA, it plays an essential role in promoting the patterning of both gut layers during gut development via a paracrine mechanism. ..
- Gan S, Huang Z, Liu N, Su R, Xie G, Zhong B, et al. MicroRNA-140-5p impairs zebrafish embryonic bone development via targeting BMP-2. FEBS Lett. 2016;590:1438-46 pubmed publisher..In this study, we found that miRNA-140-5p and its binding site in the 3'UTR of bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP-2) are highly conserved among vertebrates, and miRNA-140-5p negatively regulates both zebrafish ..
- Crotwell P, Sommervold A, Mabee P. Expression of bmp2a and bmp2b in late-stage zebrafish median fin development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;5:291-6 pubmedZebrafish bmp2a and bmp2b mRNA expression in the developing median fins (caudal, anal, and dorsal) of late-stage larvae (>5 days post-fertilization) was analyzed by reverse transcriptase-PCR (RT-PCR) and in situ hybridization...
- Li C, Ge W. Regulation of the activin-inhibin-follistatin system by bone morphogenetic proteins in the zebrafish ovary. Biol Reprod. 2013;89:55 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, by increasing the local follistatin level and reducing the activin production, BMPs could help prevent precocious maturation before preovulatory LH surge. ..
- Holzschuh J, Wada N, Wada C, Schaffer A, Javidan Y, Tallafuss A, et al. Requirements for endoderm and BMP signaling in sensory neurogenesis in zebrafish. Development. 2005;132:3731-42 pubmed..Our results show that the endoderm regulates the differentiation of cranial sensory ganglia, which coordinates the cranial nerves with the segments that they innervate...
- Dick A, Hild M, Bauer H, Imai Y, Maifeld H, Schier A, et al. Essential role of Bmp7 (snailhouse) and its prodomain in dorsoventral patterning of the zebrafish embryo. Development. 2000;127:343-54 pubmed..mRNA injection studies and double mutant analyses indicate that Bmp2b and Bmp7 closely cooperate and that Bmp2b/Bmp7 signaling is transduced by Smad5 and antagonized by Chordino. ..
- Bo L, Liu Z, Zhong Y, Huang J, Chen B, Wang H, et al. Iron deficiency anemia's effect on bone formation in zebrafish mutant. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;475:271-6 pubmed publisher..of osteoblast novel genes: alpl, runx2a and col1a1a and BMPs signaling genes in osteoblast differentiation: bmp2a and bmp2b...
- Khatri D, Zizioli D, Tiso N, Facchinello N, Vezzoli S, Gianoncelli A, et al. Down-regulation of coasy, the gene associated with NBIA-VI, reduces Bmp signaling, perturbs dorso-ventral patterning and alters neuronal development in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:37660 pubmed publisher..These results confirm the absolute requirement for adequate levels of CoA for proper neural and vascular development in zebrafish and point to the Bmp pathway as a possible molecular connection underlining the observed phenotype. ..
- Mateus R, LourenÃ§o R, Fang Y, Brito G, Farinho A, ValÃ©rio F, et al. Control of tissue growth by Yap relies on cell density and F-actin in zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2015;142:2752-63 pubmed publisher..We propose that Yap is essential for fin regeneration and that its function is dependent on mechanical tension, conferred by a balancing act of cell density and cytoskeleton activity. ..
- Van Hellemont R, Blomme T, Van de Peer Y, Marchal K. Divergence of regulatory sequences in duplicated fish genes. Genome Dyn. 2007;3:81-100 pubmed publisher..In this study we used in silico motif detection to show how alterations in the composition of regulatory motifs between paralogous genes in zebrafish and Tetraodon might reflect the functional divergence of duplicates. ..
- Feiner N, Begemann G, Renz A, Meyer A, Kuraku S. The origin of bmp16, a novel Bmp2/4 relative, retained in teleost fish genomes. BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:277 pubmed publisher..Our molecular phylogenetic study revealed a high affinity of bmp16 to the Bmp2/4 subfamily...
- Wong T, Collodi P. Dorsomorphin promotes survival and germline competence of zebrafish spermatogonial stem cells in culture. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71332 pubmed publisher..Manipulation of Bmp signaling could provide a strategy to optimize culture conditions of germline stem cells from other species. ..
- Ribeiro I, Kawakami Y, Buscher D, Raya A, Rodriguez Leon J, Morita M, et al. Tbx2 and Tbx3 regulate the dynamics of cell proliferation during heart remodeling. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e398 pubmed
- Stock D. Zebrafish dentition in comparative context. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2007;308:523-49 pubmed..Such studies may reveal the relative contribution to trends in dental evolution of biases in the generation of variation and sorting of this variation by selection or drift...
- Li C, Ge W. Spatiotemporal expression of bone morphogenetic protein family ligands and receptors in the zebrafish ovary: a potential paracrine-signaling mechanism for oocyte-follicle cell communication. Biol Reprod. 2011;85:977-86 pubmed publisher..Reverse transcription-PCR analysis revealed the expression of the Bmp ligands (bmp2a, bmp2b, bmp4, bmp6, and bmp7a) and the type II Bmp receptors (bmpr2a and bmpr2b) in various tissues, including the ..
- Pala I, Klüver N, Thorsteinsdottir S, Schartl M, Coelho M. Expression pattern of anti-Müllerian hormone (amh) in the hybrid fish complex of Squalius alburnoides. Gene. 2008;410:249-58 pubmed publisher..alburnoides sex determination cascade, a process that we expect to shed some light on the molecular basis of sex distribution, within the context of hybrid system evolution. ..
- Nie J, Wang H, He F, Huang H. Nusap1 is essential for neural crest cell migration in zebrafish. Protein Cell. 2010;1:259-66 pubmed publisher..These observations not only suggest a role for Nusap1 in connecting apoptosis with cell migration, but also provide strong evidences that Nusap1 is potentially involved in morphogenesis in vertebrates. ..
- Thisse C, Thisse B. Antivin, a novel and divergent member of the TGFbeta superfamily, negatively regulates mesoderm induction. Development. 1999;126:229-40 pubmed..On the basis of its expression and activity, we propose that Antivin normally functions as a competitive inhibitor of Activin to limit mesoderm induction in the early embryo. ..
- Quillien A, Blanco Sanchez B, Halluin C, Moore J, Lawson N, Blader P, et al. BMP signaling orchestrates photoreceptor specification in the zebrafish pineal gland in collaboration with Notch. Development. 2011;138:2293-302 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new insights into how multiple signaling influences are integrated during cell fate specification in the vertebrate CNS. ..
- Xiong F, Ji Z, Liu Y, Zhang Y, Hu L, Yang Q, et al. Mutation in SSUH2 Causes Autosomal-Dominant Dentin Dysplasia Type I. Hum Mutat. 2017;38:95-104 pubmed publisher..cavity and upregulation or downregulation of six major genes involved in odontogenesis: Dspp, Dmp1, Runx2, Pax9, Bmp2, and Dlx2...
- Zhao X, Jiang B, Hu H, Mao F, Mi J, Li Z, et al. Zebrafish cul4a, but not cul4b, modulates cardiac and forelimb development by upregulating tbx5a expression. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:853-64 pubmed publisher..These findings justify exploring the functional role of CUL4A in human cardiac development. ..
- de Vrieze E, Zethof J, Schulte Merker S, Flik G, Metz J. Identification of novel osteogenic compounds by an ex-vivo sp7:luciferase zebrafish scale assay. Bone. 2015;74:106-13 pubmed publisher..The proposed sp7:luciferase zebrafish scale model is unique, powerful and efficient new tool to assess compounds with osteogenic effects, prior to further testing in rodents. ..
- Marques C, FernÃ¡ndez I, Viegas M, Cox C, Martel P, Rosa J, et al. Comparative analysis of zebrafish bone morphogenetic proteins 2, 4 and 16: molecular and evolutionary perspectives. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2016;73:841-57 pubmed publisher..insights on BMP16 were provided through the comparative analysis of structural and functional data for zebrafish BMP2a, BMP2b, BMP4 and BMP16 genes and proteins, determined from three-dimensional models, patterns of gene expression ..
- Ke Z, Kondrichin I, Gong Z, Korzh V. Combined activity of the two Gli2 genes of zebrafish play a major role in Hedgehog signaling during zebrafish neurodevelopment. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;37:388-401 pubmed..Gli2b acts in cell proliferation and plays an early role in the hindbrain within a regulatory cascade involving Notch and Ngn1, as well as a role as specific activator in rhombomere 4. ..
- Jiang Y, Yan Y, Wang X, Zhu G, Xu Y. Hepcidin inhibition on the effect of osteogenesis in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;476:1-6 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, we revealed that hepcidin was capable of removing whole-body iron which facilitated larval recovery from the reductions in bone formation and osteogenesis induced by iron overload. ..
- Chen L, Dong C, Kong S, Zhang J, Li X, Xu P. Genome wide identification, phylogeny, and expression of bone morphogenetic protein genes in tetraploidized common carp (Cyprinus carpio). Gene. 2017;627:157-163 pubmed publisher..The whole set of bmp gene family in common carp provides insight into gene fate of tetraploidized common carp genome post recent WGD. ..
- Zhu W, Yao X, Liang Y, Liang D, Song L, Jing N, et al. Mediator Med23 deficiency enhances neural differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells through modulating BMP signaling. Development. 2015;142:465-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study reveals an intrinsic, restrictive role of MED23 in early neural development, thus providing new molecular insights for neural fate determination. ..
- Stewart S, Gomez A, Armstrong B, Henner A, Stankunas K. Sequential and opposing activities of Wnt and BMP coordinate zebrafish bone regeneration. Cell Rep. 2014;6:482-98 pubmed publisher..This hierarchical signaling network model provides a conceptual framework for understanding innate bone repair and regeneration mechanisms and rationally designing regenerative therapeutics. ..
- Marques S, Yelon D. Differential requirement for BMP signaling in atrial and ventricular lineages establishes cardiac chamber proportionality. Dev Biol. 2009;328:472-82 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies uncover a new role for BMP signaling in the regulation of chamber size, supporting a model in which differential reception of cardiac inductive signals establishes chamber proportion. ..