Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: birc5a
Description: baculoviral IAP repeat containing 5a
Alias: bir5a, survivin, baculoviral IAP repeat-containing protein 5, survivin 1
- Luzio A, Matos M, Santos D, Fontaínhas Fernandes A, Monteiro S, Coimbra A. Disruption of apoptosis pathways involved in zebrafish gonad differentiation by 17?-ethinylestradiol and fadrozole exposures. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;177:269-84 pubmed publisher..receptors (FAS; TRADD), anti-apoptotic (BCL-2; MDM2), pro-apoptotic (CASP-2 and -6) and cell proliferation (BIRC5/survivin; JUN) genes and proteins were evaluated...
- Packard R, Baek K, Beebe T, Jen N, Ding Y, Shi F, et al. Automated Segmentation of Light-Sheet Fluorescent Imaging to Characterize Experimental Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiac Injury and Repair. Sci Rep. 2017;7:8603 pubmed publisher..05, n?=?6-14). Our approach provides a high-throughput model with translational implications for drug discovery and genetic modifiers of chemotherapy-induced cardiomyopathy. ..
- Skouloudaki K, Puetz M, Simons M, Courbard J, Boehlke C, Hartleben B, et al. Scribble participates in Hippo signaling and is required for normal zebrafish pronephros development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:8579-84 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that Hippo signaling is required for normal pronephros development in zebrafish and that Scribble is a candidate link between Fat and the Hippo signaling cascade in vertebrates. ..
- Jung I, Leem G, Jung D, Kim M, Kim E, Kim S, et al. Glioma is formed by active Akt1 alone and promoted by active Rac1 in transgenic zebrafish. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:290-304 pubmed publisher..Gliomagenesis was principally mediated by activation of survival pathway through upregulation of survivin genes...
- Zhao Y, Qin W, Zhang J, Hu Z, Tong J, Ding C, et al. HCV IRES-mediated core expression in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56985 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the feasibility of the zebrafish model for screening of anti-HCV drugs targeting to HCV-IRES. The zebrafish system provides a novel evidence of using zebrafish as a HCV model organism. ..
- Nair S, Marlow F, ABRAMS E, KAPP L, Mullins M, Pelegri F. The chromosomal passenger protein birc5b organizes microfilaments and germ plasm in the zebrafish embryo. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003448 pubmed publisher..mutation motley as Birc5b, a homolog of the mammalian Chromosomal Passenger Complex (CPC) component Survivin. The meiosis and mitosis defects in motley/birc5b mutant embryos are consistent with failed CPC function, and ..
- Liu Y, Sepich D, Solnica Krezel L. Stat3/Cdc25a-dependent cell proliferation promotes embryonic axis extension during zebrafish gastrulation. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006564 pubmed publisher..During later development, stat3 mutant zebrafish exhibit stunted growth, scoliosis, excessive inflammation, and fail to thrive, affording a genetic tool to study Stat3 function in vertebrate development, regeneration, and disease. ..