Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: bglap
Description: bone gamma-carboxyglutamate (gla) protein
Alias: si:ch1073-504d15.2, osteocalcin, DrOC1, bgp, bone Gla protein, gamma-carboxyglutamic acid-containing protein
- Carnovali M, Luzi L, Banfi G, Mariotti M. Chronic hyperglycemia affects bone metabolism in adult zebrafish scale model. Endocrine. 2016;54:808-817 pubmed publisher..The zebrafish model of hyperglycemic damage can contribute to elucidate in vivo the molecular mechanisms of metabolic changes, which influence the bone tissues regulation in human diabetic patients. ..
- Nachtrab G, Kikuchi K, Tornini V, Poss K. Transcriptional components of anteroposterior positional information during zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2013;140:3754-64 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for mechanisms of positional memory in vertebrate tissues. ..
- Gioia R, Tonelli F, Ceppi I, Biggiogera M, Leikin S, Fisher S, et al. The chaperone activity of 4PBA ameliorates the skeletal phenotype of Chihuahua, a zebrafish model for dominant osteogenesis imperfecta. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:2897-2911 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data demonstrated that ER stress is a novel target to ameliorate OI phenotype; chemical chaperones such as 4PBA may be, alone or in combination, a new class of molecules to be further investigated for OI treatment. ..
- Niu N, Shao R, Yan G, Zou W. Bromodomain and Extra-terminal (BET) Protein Inhibitors Suppress Chondrocyte Differentiation and Restrain Bone Growth. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:26647-26657 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that BET bromodomain inhibition may have side effects on skeletal bone structures. ..
- Topczewska J, Shoela R, Tomaszewski J, Mirmira R, Gosain A. The Morphogenesis of Cranial Sutures in Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0165775 pubmed publisher..Here we show RNA in situ hybridization for col1a1a, col2a1a, col10a1, bglap/osteocalcin, fgfr1a, fgfr1b, fgfr2, fgfr3, foxq1, twist2, twist3, runx2a, runx2b, sp7/osterix, and spp1/ osteopontin, ..
- Luo S, Chen J, Zhong Z, Lv X, Yang Y, Zhang J, et al. Salvianolic acid B stimulates osteogenesis in dexamethasone-treated zebrafish larvae. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2016;37:1370-1380 pubmed publisher..to Dex (10 ?mol/L) significantly reduced the expression of osteoblast-specific genes, including runx2a, osteocalcin (OC), alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and osterix (sp7), and increased the accumulation of ROS and MDA in the larvae...
- de Vrieze E, Moren M, Metz J, Flik G, Lie K. Arachidonic acid enhances turnover of the dermal skeleton: studies on zebrafish scales. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e89347 pubmed publisher..The zebrafish scale is an excellent model to study how and which fatty acids affect skeletal formation...
- Carnovali M, Ottria R, Pasqualetti S, Banfi G, Ciuffreda P, Mariotti M. Effects of bioactive fatty acid amide derivatives in zebrafish scale model of bone metabolism and disease. Pharmacol Res. 2016;104:1-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that long-chain fatty acid amides are involved in regulating bone metabolism in zebrafish scales and that the CB2 receptor is a key mediator in this process. ..
- Blum N, Begemann G. Osteoblast de- and redifferentiation are controlled by a dynamic response to retinoic acid during zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2015;142:2894-903 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a mechanism explaining how the osteoblast regenerative program is protected from adverse crosstalk with neighboring fibroblasts that advances our understanding of the regulation of bone repair by RA. ..
- Suzuki N, Hanmoto T, Yano S, Furusawa Y, Ikegame M, Tabuchi Y, et al. Low-intensity pulsed ultrasound induces apoptosis in osteoclasts: Fish scales are a suitable model for the analysis of bone metabolism by ultrasound. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2016;195:26-31 pubmed publisher..TRAP) and cathepsin K mRNA expressions decreased significantly while mRNA expressions of osteoblastic markers, osteocalcin, distal-less homeobox 5, runt-related transcription factor 2a, and runt-related transcription factor 2b, ..
- Costa J, Sartori M, Nascimento N, Kadri S, Ribolla P, Pinhal D, et al. Inadequate Dietary Phosphorus Levels Cause Skeletal Anomalies and Alter Osteocalcin Gene Expression in Zebrafish. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigated the influence of dietary P on skeletal deformities and osteocalcin gene expression in zebrafish (Danio rerio), and sought to determine appropriate levels in a diet...
- Chen B, Yan Y, Liu C, Bo L, Li G, Wang H, et al. Therapeutic effect of deferoxamine on iron overload-induced inhibition of osteogenesis in a zebrafish model. Calcif Tissue Int. 2014;94:353-60 pubmed publisher..inhibition of bone formation, accompanied by decreased expression of osteoblast-specific genes (runx2a, runx2b, osteocalcin, osteopontin, ALP, and collagen type I)...
- Maradonna F, Gioacchini G, Falcinelli S, Bertotto D, Radaelli G, Olivotto I, et al. Probiotic supplementation promotes calcification in Danio rerio larvae: a molecular study. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e83155 pubmed publisher..runx2), Sp7 transcription factor (sp7), matrix Gla protein (mgp), and bone gamma-carboxyglutamate (gla) protein (bglap) as well as through inhibition of sclerostin (sost), a bone formation inhibitor...
- de Vrieze E, van Kessel M, Peters H, Spanings F, Flik G, Metz J. Prednisolone induces osteoporosis-like phenotype in regenerating zebrafish scales. Osteoporos Int. 2014;25:567-78 pubmed publisher..An unsurpassed convenience and low cost then make the zebrafish scale a superior model for preclinical studies in osteoporosis research. ..
- Laizé V, Martel P, Viegas C, Price P, Cancela M. Evolution of matrix and bone gamma-carboxyglutamic acid proteins in vertebrates. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26659-68 pubmed..of this study was to collect and compare sequences of matrix and bone gamma-carboxyglutamic acid proteins (MGP and BGP, respectively) to identify common features and determine the evolutionary relationship between MGP and BGP...
- Hong Y, Choi Y, Myung K, Choi H. The Immunohistochemical Patterns of Calcification-related Molecules in the Epidermis and Dermis of the Zebrafish (Danio rerio). Ann Dermatol. 2011;23:299-303 pubmed publisher..using several immunohistochemical markers, including bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP-4), ?-catenin, osteocalcin, osteopontin and osteonectin...
- Vanoevelen J, Janssens A, Huitema L, Hammond C, Metz J, Flik G, et al. Trpv5/6 is vital for epithelial calcium uptake and bone formation. FASEB J. 2011;25:3197-207 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study provides both genetic and functional evidence that transcellular epithelial calcium uptake is vital to sustain life and enable bone formation. ..
- Fernandez I, Santos A, Cancela M, Laizé V, Gavaia P. Warfarin, a potential pollutant in aquatic environment acting through Pxr signaling pathway and ?-glutamyl carboxylation of vitamin K-dependent proteins. Environ Pollut. 2014;194:86-95 pubmed publisher..This study provides new insights into warfarin effects as a bone homeostasis disruptor and soft tissue calcification inductor, and its potential risk for aquatic environments. ..
- Bensimon Brito A, Cardeira J, Cancela M, Huysseune A, Witten P. Distinct patterns of notochord mineralization in zebrafish coincide with the localization of Osteocalcin isoform 1 during early vertebral centra formation. BMC Dev Biol. 2012;12:28 pubmed publisher..that are typically expressed by skeletogenic cells such as Collagen type II, Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and Osteocalcin (Oc)...
- Geurtzen K, Knopf F, Wehner D, Huitema L, Schulte Merker S, Weidinger G. Mature osteoblasts dedifferentiate in response to traumatic bone injury in the zebrafish fin and skull. Development. 2014;141:2225-34 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a fundamental role for osteoblast dedifferentiation in reparative bone formation in fish and indicate that adult fish osteoblasts display elevated cellular plasticity compared with mammalian bone-forming cells. ..
- Wiweger M, de Andrea C, Scheepstra K, Zhao Z, Hogendoorn P. Possible effects of EXT2 on mesenchymal differentiation--lessons from the zebrafish. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2014;9:35 pubmed publisher..Our observations in the ext2-null fish might explain the musculoskeletal defects that are often observed in MO patients. ..
- Kitamura K, Takahira K, Inari M, Satoh Y, Hayakawa K, Tabuchi Y, et al. Zebrafish scales respond differently to in vitro dynamic and static acceleration: analysis of interaction between osteoblasts and osteoclasts. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2013;166:74-80 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study indicated that osteoclasts have predominant control over bone metabolism via semaphorin 4D expression induced by static acceleration at 3.0×g. ..