Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: bcl2a
Description: BCL2, apoptosis regulator a
Alias: bcl2, Bcl2, B-cell CLL/lymphoma 2a, B-cell leukemia/lymphoma 2, B-cell leukemia/lymphoma 2a, zBlp2
- Gutierrez A, Pan L, Groen R, Baleydier F, Kentsis A, Marineau J, et al. Phenothiazines induce PP2A-mediated apoptosis in T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:644-55 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these data suggest that pharmacologic PP2A activation in T-ALL and other cancers driven by hyperphosphorylated PP2A substrates has therapeutic potential. ..
- Yu X, Lau D, Ng C, Roy S. Cilia-driven fluid flow as an epigenetic cue for otolith biomineralization on sensory hair cells of the inner ear. Development. 2011;138:487-94 pubmed publisher..We propose that in hair cells, a Foxj1b-dependent motile ciliogenic program is altered by the proneural Atoh proteins to promote the differentiation of immotile kinocilia. ..
- Van Otterloo E, Li W, Bonde G, Day K, Hsu M, Cornell R. Differentiation of zebrafish melanophores depends on transcription factors AP2 alpha and AP2 epsilon. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001122 pubmed publisher..which promotes differentiation and survival of melanocytes by activating expression of Tyrosinase family members, Bcl2, and other genes...
- Hrubik J, Glisic B, Samardzija D, Stanic B, Pogrmic Majkic K, Fa S, et al. Effect of PMA-induced protein kinase C activation on development and apoptosis in early zebrafish embryos. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2016;190:24-31 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that direct over-activation of Pkc during early embryogenesis of zebrafish is associated with apoptosis and decreased survival rate of the embryos. ..
- Liu Y, Sepich D, Solnica Krezel L. Stat3/Cdc25a-dependent cell proliferation promotes embryonic axis extension during zebrafish gastrulation. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006564 pubmed publisher..During later development, stat3 mutant zebrafish exhibit stunted growth, scoliosis, excessive inflammation, and fail to thrive, affording a genetic tool to study Stat3 function in vertebrate development, regeneration, and disease. ..
- Coffin A, Rubel E, Raible D. Bax, Bcl2, and p53 differentially regulate neomycin- and gentamicin-induced hair cell death in the zebrafish lateral line. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. 2013;14:645-59 pubmed publisher..study, we use a combination of pharmacologic and genetic manipulations to assess the contributions of p53, Bax, and Bcl2 in the death of zebrafish lateral line hair cells...
- Jin Y, Chen R, Liu W, Fu Z. Effect of endocrine disrupting chemicals on the transcription of genes related to the innate immune system in the early developmental stage of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:854-61 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the genes (such as Bcl2, Ucp2 and iNOS) relating to reactive oxygen species (ROS) and nitrogen reactive free radical production were also ..
- Gioacchini G, Rossi G, Carnevali O. Host-probiotic interaction: new insight into the role of the endocannabinoid system by in vivo and ex vivo approaches. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1261 pubmed publisher..The results presented here strengthen the molecular mechanisms activated by probiotic mix controlling immune response and inflammation. ..
- Luzio A, Matos M, Santos D, Fontaínhas Fernandes A, Monteiro S, Coimbra A. Disruption of apoptosis pathways involved in zebrafish gonad differentiation by 17?-ethinylestradiol and fadrozole exposures. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;177:269-84 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings show that apoptosis pathways are involved in zebrafish gonad differentiation and that EDCs can disrupt this process. ..
- Si J, Zhang H, Wang Z, Wu Z, Lu J, Di C, et al. Effects of (12)C(6+) ion radiation and ferulic acid on the zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryonic oxidative stress response and gene expression. Mutat Res. 2013;745-746:26-33 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study provided helpful information about the transcriptional effects of irradiation to better understand the mechanism of carbon ion-induced oxidative stress and FA-induced radioprotective effects. ..
- Peng H, Wang Y, Wen C, Wang W, Cheng C, Chen Y. Nephrotoxicity assessments of acetaminophen during zebrafish embryogenesis. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2010;151:480-6 pubmed publisher..Real-time RT-PCR revealed embryos after AAP treatment decreased the expression of cox2 and bcl2, but increased p53 expression...
- Mu X, Chai T, Wang K, Zhang J, Zhu L, Li X, et al. Occurrence and origin of sensitivity toward difenoconazole in zebrafish (Danio reio) during different life stages. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;160:57-68 pubmed publisher..At 8 dpe, the modification in the transcription of the tested genes in the embryos and adult fish was similar, except for the genes related to the synthesis of sterols. ..
- Yang Y, Qi S, Wang D, Wang K, Zhu L, Chai T, et al. Toxic effects of thifluzamide on zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Hazard Mater. 2016;307:127-36 pubmed publisher..These might be responsible for the adverse expansion of the apoptosis- and immune-related genes, which would facilitate the action of these factors in programmed cell death and might play a key role during the toxic events. ..
- Shen L, Zhu J, Chen F, Lin W, Cai J, Zhong J, et al. RUNX1-Evi-1 fusion gene inhibited differentiation and apoptosis in myelopoiesis: an in vivo study. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:970 pubmed publisher..VPA may be a promising choice in the molecular targeting therapy of RUNX1-Evi-1-related leukemia. ..
- Matsumoto H, Fujiwara S, Miyagi H, Nakamura N, Shiga Y, Ohta T, et al. Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors Induce Developmental Toxicity During Zebrafish Embryogenesis, Especially in the Inner Ear. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2017;19:430-440 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings demonstrated the importance of potential risk assessment of CA inhibition, especially regarding the formation of otoliths as a one of the most sensitive organs in embryogenesis. ..
- Sorrells S, Carbonneau S, Harrington E, Chen A, Hast B, Milash B, et al. Ccdc94 protects cells from ionizing radiation by inhibiting the expression of p53. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002922 pubmed publisher..Future studies in human cancer cells will determine whether pharmacological inactivation of CCDC94 reduces the threshold of the cancer cell apoptotic response. ..
- Zhou F, Narasimhan V, Shboul M, Chong Y, Reversade B, Roy S. Gmnc Is a Master Regulator of the Multiciliated Cell Differentiation Program. Curr Biol. 2015;25:3267-73 pubmed..Together, our data identify Gmnc as an evolutionarily conserved master regulator functioning at the top of the hierarchy of transcription factors involved in MCC differentiation. ..
- Soni K, Choudhary A, Patowary A, Singh A, Bhatia S, Sivasubbu S, et al. miR-34 is maternally inherited in Drosophila melanogaster and Danio rerio. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:4470-80 pubmed publisher..Here, we report for the first time, the maternal inheritance of an miRNA involved in development of the neuronal system in a vertebrate model system. ..
- Gao L, Li D, Ma K, Zhang W, Xu T, Fu C, et al. TopBP1 Governs Hematopoietic Stem/Progenitor Cells Survival in Zebrafish Definitive Hematopoiesis. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005346 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study demonstrates a novel and vital role of TopBP1 in the maintenance of HSPCs genome integrity and survival during hematopoietic progenitor expansion. ..
- Feng C, Rise M. Characterization and expression analyses of anti-apoptotic Bcl-2-like genes NR-13, Mcl-1, Bcl-X1, and Bcl-X2 in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua). Mol Immunol. 2010;47:763-84 pubmed publisher..g. putative NF-kappaB binding sites) that were found in the promoter regions of NR-13 and Mcl-1 may account for their transcriptional activation by pIC...
- Blum N, Begemann G. Retinoic acid signaling controls the formation, proliferation and survival of the blastema during adult zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2012;139:107-16 pubmed publisher..survival of the highly proliferative blastemal population by controlling expression of the anti-apoptotic factor bcl2. In addition, RA signaling maintains blastema proliferation through the activation of growth-stimulatory signals ..
- Chen X, Dong Q, Chen Y, Zhang Z, Huang C, Zhu Y, et al. Effects of Dechlorane Plus exposure on axonal growth, musculature and motor behavior in embryo-larval zebrafish. Environ Pollut. 2017;224:7-15 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that DP induced neurobehavioral deficits may result from combined effects of altered neuronal connectivity and muscle injuries. ..
- Zhao X, Ren X, Zhu R, Luo Z, Ren B. Zinc oxide nanoparticles induce oxidative DNA damage and ROS-triggered mitochondria-mediated apoptosis in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;180:56-70 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data imply that nano-ZnO induce an excessive production of ROS which then activate the apoptosis pathway mediated by mitochondria and caspases. ..
- Zhou Z, Sun L. Edwardsiella tarda-Induced Inhibition of Apoptosis: A Strategy for Intracellular Survival. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2016;6:76 pubmed publisher..tarda prevents apoptosis in teleost as a strategy for intracellular survival, and that some putative apoptotic genes of teleost function in the apoptosis pathway probably in a manner similar to that in mammalian systems. ..
- Tsai T, Lu J, Choo S, Yeh S, Tang R, Lee H, et al. The paracrine effect of exogenous growth hormone alleviates dysmorphogenesis caused by tbx5 deficiency in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. J Biomed Sci. 2012;19:63 pubmed publisher..apoptosis as determined by a TUNEL assay and decreased the expression of apoptosis-related genes and proteins (bcl2 and bad) according to semiquantitative reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction and immunohistochemical ..
- Wang Y, Cheng C, Lee W, Chiou M, Pai C, Wen C, et al. A novel phenotype-based approach for systematically screening antiproliferation metallodrugs. Chem Biol Interact. 2009;182:84-91 pubmed publisher..In summary, it was concluded that the zebrafish model was effective for the screening of phenotype-based antiproliferation metallodrugs. ..
- Costa S, Monteiro M, da Silva Júnior F, Sandrini J. Methylene blue toxicity in zebrafish cell line is dependent on light exposure. Cell Biol Int. 2016;40:895-905 pubmed publisher..However, the pathways leading to apoptosis in this model appear to be dependent on the type of MB exposure (in the presence or absence of PAR). ..
- Capiotti K, Fazenda L, Nazario L, Menezes F, Kist L, Bogo M, et al. Arginine exposure alters ectonucleotidase activities and morphology of zebrafish larvae (Danio rerio). Int J Dev Neurosci. 2013;31:75-81 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrated that Arg might affect morphological parameters and ectonucleotidase activities in zebrafish larvae, suggesting that purinergic system is a target for neurotoxic effects induced by Arg. ..
- Jin Y, Pan X, Cao L, Ma B, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cis-bifenthrin enantioselectively induces the transcription of genes related to oxidative stress, apoptosis and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:717-23 pubmed publisher..dismutase (Cu/Zn-Sod), catalase (Cat), P53, murine double minute 2 (Mdm2), B-cell lymphoma/leukaemia-2 gene (Bcl2), Bcl2 associated X protein (Bax), apoptotic protease activating factor-1 (Apaf1), Caspase 9 (Cas9), Caspase 3 (..
- Nishiwaki Y, Yoshizawa A, Kojima Y, Oguri E, Nakamura S, Suzuki S, et al. The BH3-only SNARE BNip1 mediates photoreceptor apoptosis in response to vesicular fusion defects. Dev Cell. 2013;25:374-87 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the syntaxin-18 cis-SNARE complex functions as an alarm factor that monitors vesicular fusion competence and that BNip1 transforms vesicular fusion defects into photoreceptor apoptosis. ..
- Zhao X, Wang S, Wu Y, You H, Lv L. Acute ZnO nanoparticles exposure induces developmental toxicity, oxidative stress and DNA damage in embryo-larval zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2013;136-137:49-59 pubmed publisher..The adverse effects of nano-ZnO may be the important mechanisms of its toxicity to zebrafish embryos. ..
- Wei L, Hoole D, Sun B. Identification of apoptosis-related genes and transcription variations in response to microcystin-LR in zebrafish liver. Toxicol Ind Health. 2014;30:777-84 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results obtained in the present study clearly demonstrate that large amount of apoptosis-related genes are involved in the regulation of MC-LR-induced apoptosis. ..
- Gutierrez A, Grebliunaite R, Feng H, Kozakewich E, Zhu S, Guo F, et al. Pten mediates Myc oncogene dependence in a conditional zebrafish model of T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. J Exp Med. 2011;208:1595-603 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that Akt pathway activation is sufficient for tumor maintenance in this model, even after loss of survival signals driven by the MYC oncogene. ..
- Zhou R, Zhang H, Wang Z, Zhou X, Si J, Gan L, et al. The developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish eyes induced by carbon-ion irradiation. Life Sci. 2015;139:114-22 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that carbon-ion irradiation induced apoptosis through the p53 pathway in zebrafish eyes independent of ROS generation. Irradiation at high doses may disrupt eye development of zebrafish embryos. ..
- Lister J, Capper A, Zeng Z, Mathers M, Richardson J, Paranthaman K, et al. A conditional zebrafish MITF mutation reveals MITF levels are critical for melanoma promotion vs. regression in vivo. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:133-140 pubmed publisher..These studies are significant because they show that targeting MITF activity is a potent antitumor mechanism, but also show that caution is required because low levels of wild-type MITF activity are oncogenic. ..
- Harrold I, Carbonneau S, Moore B, Nguyen G, Anderson N, Saini A, et al. Efficient transgenesis mediated by pigmentation rescue in zebrafish. Biotechniques. 2016;60:13-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, this approach is ideal for generating transgenic fish for large-scale screens. ..
- Gioacchini G, Giorgini E, Olivotto I, Maradonna F, Merrifield D, Carnevali O. The influence of probiotics on zebrafish Danio rerio innate immunity and hepatic stress. Zebrafish. 2014;11:98-106 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results show that probiotic administration may enhance zebrafish welfare by modulating the innate immune response and improving hepatic stress tolerance. ..
- Brun N, Christen V, Furrer G, Fent K. Indium and indium tin oxide induce endoplasmic reticulum stress and oxidative stress in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Sci Technol. 2014;48:11679-87 pubmed publisher..Our study provides first evidence of ER stress and oxidative stress induction by In(NO3)3 and ITO indicating a critical toxicological profile that needs further investigation. ..
- Ma W, Zhang J. Jag1b is essential for patterning inner ear sensory cristae by regulating anterior morphogenetic tissue separation and preventing posterior cell death. Development. 2015;142:763-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, Jag1b uses two distinct mechanisms to form three sensory cristae in zebrafish. ..
- Du J, Cai J, Wang S, You H. Oxidative stress and apotosis to zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos exposed to perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) and ZnO nanoparticles. Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2017;30:213-229 pubmed publisher..The synergistic effects of the PFOS and ZnO-NPs may be the important mechanisms of their toxicity to zebrafish embryos. Int J Occup Med Environ Health 2017;30(2):213-229. ..
- Faltermann S, Hutter S, Christen V, Hettich T, Fent K. Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Cyanobacterial Serine Protease Inhibitors Aeruginosin 828A and Cyanopeptolin 1020 in Human Hepatoma Cell Line Huh7 and Effects in Zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxins (Basel). 2016;8: pubmed publisher..The data further demonstrate that pathways that are influenced by microcystin-LR are not affected by aeruginosin 828A. ..
- Deng J, Yu L, Liu C, Yu K, Shi X, Yeung L, et al. Hexabromocyclododecane-induced developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2009;93:29-36 pubmed publisher..The results also indicate that zebrafish embryos can serve as a reliable model for the developmental toxicity of HBCD. ..
- Jin Y, Zheng S, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cypermethrin induces apoptosis and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;30:1049-54 pubmed publisher..The information presented in this study will help elucidate the mechanism of CYP-induced toxicity in fish. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu K, Hassan H, Guo H, Ding P, Han L, et al. Liver Fatty Acid Binding Protein Deficiency Provokes Oxidative Stress, Inflammation, and Apoptosis-Mediated Hepatotoxicity Induced by Pyrazinamide in Zebrafish Larvae. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:7347-7356 pubmed
- Zheng S, Liu C, Huang Y, Bao M, Huang Y, Wu K. Effects of 2,2',4,4'-tetrabromodiphenyl ether on neurobehavior and memory change and bcl-2, c-fos, grin1b and lingo1b gene expression in male zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;333:10-16 pubmed publisher..The PBDE BDE-47 had a negative impact on the neurobehaviors of zebrafish and affected the expression of c-fos, bcl-2, lingo1b and grin1b in zebrafish brain tissue. ..
- Zhang J, Laurence Souders C, Denslow N, Martyniuk C. Quercetin, a natural product supplement, impairs mitochondrial bioenergetics and locomotor behavior in larval zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;327:30-38 pubmed publisher..There were no changes in transcripts related to apoptosis (bcl2, bax, casp3, casp7), but we did observe a decrease in mRNA levels for catalase (cat) in fish exposed to each dose, ..
- Lin H, Lee S, Wu J, Duann Y, Chen J. Development of Cre-loxP technology in zebrafish to study the regulation of fish reproduction. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2013;39:1525-39 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, this transgenic zebrafish model system provides a method to produce infertile fish and may be useful for application to genetically modified fish...
- Cheng C, Chou C, Chang Y, Wang H, Wen C, Chen Y. Protective Role of Comfrey Leave Extracts on UV-induced Zebrafish Fin Damage. J Toxicol Pathol. 2014;27:115-21 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, comfrey leaves extracts may have the potential to be developed as UV-protective agents to protect zebrafish embryos from UV-induced damage. ..
- Qi M, Dang Y, Xu Q, Yu L, Liu C, Yuan Y, et al. Microcystin-LR induced developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae by activation of ER stress response. Chemosphere. 2016;157:166-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results observed in this study suggested that ER stress plays a critical role in developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish embryos exposed to MC-LR. ..
- Yin P, Li Y, Chen Q, Liu Z. Diethylstilbestrol, flutamide and their combination impaired the spermatogenesis of male adult zebrafish through disrupting HPG axis, meiosis and apoptosis. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;185:129-137 pubmed publisher..The present study greatly extends our understanding on the mechanisms underlying of reproductive toxicity of environment estrogens and anti-androgens in fish. ..
- Monroe J, Manning D, Uribe P, Bhandiwad A, Sisneros J, Smith M, et al. Hearing sensitivity differs between zebrafish lines used in auditory research. Hear Res. 2016;341:220-231 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that researchers should exercise caution when selecting an appropriate zebrafish transgenic or background strain for auditory studies. ..
- Sun L, Xin L, Peng Z, Jin R, Jin Y, Qian H, et al. Toxicity and enantiospecific differences of two ?-blockers, propranolol and metoprolol, in the embryos and larvae of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Toxicol. 2014;29:1367-78 pubmed publisher..These results also demonstrated that the enantiospecific toxicity of chiral ?-blockers should be investigated when performing an ecological risk assessment. ..
- Frazer J, Meeker N, Rudner L, Bradley D, Smith A, Demarest B, et al. Heritable T-cell malignancy models established in a zebrafish phenotypic screen. Leukemia. 2009;23:1825-35 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have identified multiple zebrafish mutants that recapitulate human T-cell neoplasia and show heritable transmission. These vertebrate models provide new genetic platforms for the study of these important human cancers. ..
- Xu J, Wang T, Wu Y, Jin W, Wen Z. Microglia Colonization of Developing Zebrafish Midbrain Is Promoted by Apoptotic Neuron and Lysophosphatidylcholine. Dev Cell. 2016;38:214-22 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that microglia colonization of developing zebrafish midbrain is triggered by apoptotic neuronal death, possibly via releasing lysophosphatidylcholine. ..
- Sandrini J, Trindade G, Nery L, Marins L. Time-course expression of DNA repair-related genes in hepatocytes of zebrafish (Danio rerio) after UV-B exposure. Photochem Photobiol. 2009;85:220-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results demonstrate an activation of the DNA repair system in hepatocytes of zebrafish exposed to UV-B radiation, mainly involving the participation of p53. ..
- Nery L, Eltz N, Hackman C, Fonseca R, Altenhofen S, Guerra H, et al. Brain intraventricular injection of amyloid-Î² in zebrafish embryo impairs cognition and increases tau phosphorylation, effects reversed by lithium. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e105862 pubmed publisher..We believe this may represent a straightforward platform useful to identification of cellular and molecular mechanisms of early stage AD-like symptoms and the effects of neuroactive molecules in pharmacological screenings. ..
- Fukui H, Terai K, Nakajima H, Chiba A, Fukuhara S, Mochizuki N. S1P-Yap1 signaling regulates endoderm formation required for cardiac precursor cell migration in zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2014;31:128-36 pubmed publisher..Consistently, ctgfa morphants showed defects of the endodermal sheet and cardia bifida. Collectively, we show that S1pr2/Yap1-regulated ctgfa expression is essential for the proper endoderm formation required for CPC migration. ..
- Pai C, Chen Y. Transgenic expression of prothymosin alpha on zebrafish epidermal cells promotes proliferation and attenuates UVB-induced apoptosis. Transgenic Res. 2010;19:655-65 pubmed publisher..of zebrafish larvae can be attenuated by overexpression of Ptmaa through the enhancement of transcriptions of bcl2 mRNAs...
- Sandrini J, Bianchini A, Trindade G, Nery L, Marins L. Reactive oxygen species generation and expression of DNA repair-related genes after copper exposure in zebrafish (Danio rerio) ZFL cells. Aquat Toxicol. 2009;95:285-91 pubmed publisher..Taken all together, results obtained suggest that the increased intracellular ROS formation induced by copper exposure would be responsible for the alteration in gene expression pattern observed. ..
- Hu S, Lin P, Liao C, Gong H, Lin G, Kawakami K, et al. Nitroreductase-mediated gonadal dysgenesis for infertility control of genetically modified zebrafish. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2010;12:569-78 pubmed publisher..These results show that oocyte-specific nitroreductase-mediated catalysis of metronidazole can cause reliable infertility in zebrafish and could potentially be used as a model for other aquaculture fish species. ..
- Porreca I, De Felice E, Fagman H, Di Lauro R, Sordino P. Zebrafish bcl2l is a survival factor in thyroid development. Dev Biol. 2012;366:142-52 pubmed publisher..We show that the bcl2-like (bcl2l) gene is expressed in the zebrafish thyroid primordium...
- Jin Y, Zhang X, Shu L, Chen L, Sun L, Qian H, et al. Oxidative stress response and gene expression with atrazine exposure in adult female zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2010;78:846-52 pubmed publisher..The information presented in this study will be helpful in fully understanding the mechanism of oxidative stress induced by ATZ in fish. ..
- Rodriguez Aznar E, Nieto M. Repression of Puma by scratch2 is required for neuronal survival during embryonic development. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:1196-207 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the regulatory loop linking p53/Puma with Scratch is active in the vertebrate nervous system, not only controlling cell death in response to damage but also during normal embryonic development. ..
- Miccoli A, Gioacchini G, Maradonna F, Benato F, Skobo T, Carnevali O. Beneficial bacteria affect Danio rerio development by the modulation of maternal factors involved in autophagic, apoptotic and dorsalizing processes. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;35:1706-18 pubmed publisher..herein investigated--ambra1a, ambra1b, beclin, lc3-, as well as those involved in the apoptotic process--caspase3, bcl2, bax--were modulated in disfavor and favor of the treated group, respectively...
- Gao J, Mahapatra C, Mapes C, Khlebnikova M, Wei A, Sepúlveda M. Vascular toxicity of silver nanoparticles to developing zebrafish (Danio rerio). Nanotoxicology. 2016;10:1363-72 pubmed publisher..We propose that PVP-AgNPs temporarily delay embryonic vascular development by interfering with oxygen diffusion into the egg, leading to hypoxic conditions and ER stress. ..
- Sarkar S, Mukherjee S, Chattopadhyay A, Bhattacharya S. Low dose of arsenic trioxide triggers oxidative stress in zebrafish brain: expression of antioxidant genes. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2014;107:1-8 pubmed publisher..The oxidative stress induced by arsenic also cause reduced mRNA expression of B-cell lymphoma 2 (Bcl2) present in the inner mitochondrial membrane and thereby indicating onset of apoptosis in treated fish...
- Liu C, Ma W, Su W, Zhang J. Prdm14 acts upstream of islet2 transcription to regulate axon growth of primary motoneurons in zebrafish. Development. 2012;139:4591-600 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, overexpression of islet2 in slg mutant embryos rescued the shortened CaP axon phenotypes. Together, these data reveal that prdm14 regulates CaP axon outgrowth through activation of islet2 expression. ..
- Tsai I, Yang Z, Lin Z, Wen C, Cheng C, Chen Y. Flavone is efficient to protect zebrafish fins from UV-induced damage. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2012;35:341-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, zebrafish can be used as a system for comparing the UV-protection efficacy of flavonoids. ..
- An M, Henion P. The zebrafish sf3b1b460 mutant reveals differential requirements for the sf3b1 pre-mRNA processing gene during neural crest development. Int J Dev Biol. 2012;56:223-37 pubmed publisher..Further, the developmental defects caused by the sf3b1(b460) mutation provide insights into genetic interactions among members of the gene regulatory network controlling neural crest development...