Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: bbc3
Description: BCL2 binding component 3
Alias: BCL2 binding component 3, Puma
- Rodriguez Aznar E, Nieto M. Repression of Puma by scratch2 is required for neuronal survival during embryonic development. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:1196-207 pubmed publisher..p53 and Snail2 act antagonistically to regulate p53 upregulated modulator of apoptosis (Puma) and cell death in hematopoietic progenitors following DNA damage...
- Jin Y, Zheng S, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cypermethrin induces apoptosis and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;30:1049-54 pubmed publisher..The mRNA levels of some key genes including P53, Puma, Bax, Apaf1, Cas9 and Cas3 on the mitochondrial pathway of cell apoptosis were significantly up-regulated at the ..
- Toruno C, Carbonneau S, Stewart R, Jette C. Interdependence of Bad and Puma during ionizing-radiation-induced apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e88151 pubmed publisher..embryonic neurons are highly sensitive to IR-induced apoptosis, and both p53 and its transcriptional target puma are essential mediators of the response...
- Pyati U, Gjini E, Carbonneau S, Lee J, Guo F, Jette C, et al. p63 mediates an apoptotic response to pharmacological and disease-related ER stress in the developing epidermis. Dev Cell. 2011;21:492-505 pubmed publisher..Focusing on the tail epidermis, we uncover an apoptotic response that depends on Puma, but not on p53 or Chop...
- Chen C, Chu C, Chen T, Lee S, Shen C, Hsiao C. Establishment of a transgenic zebrafish line for superficial skin ablation and functional validation of apoptosis modulators in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20654 pubmed publisher..The current work identifies a potential use for transgenic zebrafish as a high-throughput platform to validate potential apoptosis modulators in vivo. ..
- Prykhozhij S. In the absence of Sonic hedgehog, p53 induces apoptosis and inhibits retinal cell proliferation, cell-cycle exit and differentiation in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13549 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Shh-mediated control of p53 activity is required for proliferation and cell cycle exit of retinal cells as well as differentiation of amacrine cells and photoreceptors. ..
- Stiff T, Casar Tena T, O Driscoll M, Jeggo P, Philipp M. ATR promotes cilia signalling: links to developmental impacts. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1574-87 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a novel role for ATR in cilia signalling distinct from its canonical function during replication and strengthen emerging links between cilia function and development. ..
- Pai W, Hsu C, Lai C, Chang T, Tsai Y, Her G. Cannabinoid receptor 1 promotes hepatic lipid accumulation and lipotoxicity through the induction of SREBP-1c expression in zebrafish. Transgenic Res. 2013;22:823-38 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to report CB1R as a potential hepatic stimulator for zebrafish liver steatosis. ..
- Zhu L, Mu X, Wang K, Chai T, Yang Y, Qiu L, et al. Cyhalofop-butyl has the potential to induce developmental toxicity, oxidative stress and apoptosis in early life stage of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Pollut. 2015;203:40-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we speculated that oxidative stress-induced apoptosis should be responsible for abnormal development during embryogenesis after cyhalofop-butyl exposure. ..
- Zhao X, Zhao L, Tian T, Zhang Y, Tong J, Zheng X, et al. Interruption of cenph causes mitotic failure and embryonic death, and its haploinsufficiency suppresses cancer in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:27924-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings uncover an essential role of cenph in mitosis and embryonic development and its association with tumor development. ..
- Guo L, Chua J, Vijayakumar D, Lee K, Lim K, Eng H, et al. Detection of the 113p53 protein isoform: a p53-induced protein that feeds back on the p53 pathway to modulate the p53 response in zebrafish. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:1998-2007 pubmed
- Mu X, Chai T, Wang K, Zhang J, Zhu L, Li X, et al. Occurrence and origin of sensitivity toward difenoconazole in zebrafish (Danio reio) during different life stages. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;160:57-68 pubmed publisher..At 8 dpe, the modification in the transcription of the tested genes in the embryos and adult fish was similar, except for the genes related to the synthesis of sterols. ..
- Hochgreb HÃ¤gele T, Koo D, Bronner M. Znf385C mediates a novel p53-dependent transcriptional switch to control timing of facial bone formation. Dev Biol. 2015;400:23-32 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results suggest that Znf385C acts as a developmental switch for p53 function that modulates cell cycle arrest of chondrocytes and regulates timing of jaw cartilage maturation and ossification. ..
- Zheng X, Yang S, Han Y, Zhao X, Zhao L, Tian T, et al. Loss of zygotic NUP107 protein causes missing of pharyngeal skeleton and other tissue defects with impaired nuclear pore function in zebrafish embryos. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:38254-64 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed new light on developmental function of Nup107 in vertebrates. ..
- Zhou R, Zhang H, Wang Z, Zhou X, Si J, Gan L, et al. The developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish eyes induced by carbon-ion irradiation. Life Sci. 2015;139:114-22 pubmed publisher..The proapoptotic genes, including P53, Bax, and Puma, were significantly upregulated...
- Longman D, Hug N, Keith M, Anastasaki C, Patton E, Grimes G, et al. DHX34 and NBAS form part of an autoregulatory NMD circuit that regulates endogenous RNA targets in human cells, zebrafish and Caenorhabditis elegans. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:8319-31 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the conservation of a mechanism to tightly control NMD homeostasis across different species highlights the importance of the NMD response in the control of gene expression. ..
- Chakraborty A, Uechi T, Higa S, Torihara H, Kenmochi N. Loss of ribosomal protein L11 affects zebrafish embryonic development through a p53-dependent apoptotic response. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4152 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ribosomal dysfunction due to the loss of L11 activates a p53-dependent checkpoint response to prevent improper embryonic development. ..
- Forrester A, Grabher C, McBride E, Boyd E, Vigerstad M, Edgar A, et al. NUP98-HOXA9-transgenic zebrafish develop a myeloproliferative neoplasm and provide new insight into mechanisms of myeloid leukaemogenesis. Br J Haematol. 2011;155:167-81 pubmed publisher..This tool provides a unique opportunity for high-throughput in vivo chemical modifier screens to identify novel therapeutic agents in high risk AML. ..
- Jin Y, Pan X, Cao L, Ma B, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cis-bifenthrin enantioselectively induces the transcription of genes related to oxidative stress, apoptosis and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:717-23 pubmed publisher..The information presented in this study will help with elucidating the differences and environmental risk of the two enantiomers of cis-BF-induced toxicity in aquatic organisms. ..
- Tal T, Franzosa J, Tilton S, Philbrick K, Iwaniec U, Turner R, et al. MicroRNAs control neurobehavioral development and function in zebrafish. FASEB J. 2012;26:1452-61 pubmed publisher..Together, these data support an integral role for miRNAs in the establishment of vertebrate neurobehavioral and skeletal systems. ..
- Gerety S, Wilkinson D. Morpholino artifacts provide pitfalls and reveal a novel role for pro-apoptotic genes in hindbrain boundary development. Dev Biol. 2011;350:279-89 pubmed publisher..We find that the pro-apoptotic Bcl genes puma and bax-a are required for hindbrain boundary marker expression, and that gain of function of the Bcl-caspase ..
- Fukui H, Terai K, Nakajima H, Chiba A, Fukuhara S, Mochizuki N. S1P-Yap1 signaling regulates endoderm formation required for cardiac precursor cell migration in zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2014;31:128-36 pubmed publisher..Consistently, ctgfa morphants showed defects of the endodermal sheet and cardia bifida. Collectively, we show that S1pr2/Yap1-regulated ctgfa expression is essential for the proper endoderm formation required for CPC migration. ..
- Sun L, Xin L, Peng Z, Jin R, Jin Y, Qian H, et al. Toxicity and enantiospecific differences of two ?-blockers, propranolol and metoprolol, in the embryos and larvae of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Toxicol. 2014;29:1367-78 pubmed publisher..These results also demonstrated that the enantiospecific toxicity of chiral ?-blockers should be investigated when performing an ecological risk assessment. ..
- Wang W, Hong J, Lin G, Liu W, Gong H, Lu M, et al. Stage-specific expression of TNF? regulates bad/bid-mediated apoptosis and RIP1/ROS-mediated secondary necrosis in Birnavirus-infected fish cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16740 pubmed publisher..i.). Taken together, our results indicate that IPNV triggers two death pathways via up-stream induction of the pro-inflammatory cytokine TNF?, and these results may provide new insights into the pathogenesis of RNA viruses. ..
- Chua J, Liew H, Guo L, Lane D. Tumor-specific signaling to p53 is mimicked by Mdm2 inactivation in zebrafish: insights from mdm2 and mdm4 mutant zebrafish. Oncogene. 2015;34:5933-41 pubmed publisher..Our results are suggestive of the hypothesis that p53 protein accumulates during tumor formation as a result of tumor-specific inactivation of the Mdm2 pathway. ..
- Wang Y, Xu L, Li D, Teng M, Zhang R, Zhou Z, et al. Enantioselective bioaccumulation of hexaconazole and its toxic effects in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2015;138:798-805 pubmed publisher..Significant up-regulation of p53, Puma, Apaf-1, caspase-3 and caspase-9 expression and down-regulation of Bcl-2/Bax expression ratio were proved...
- Taylor A, Humphries J, White R, Murphey R, BURNS C, Zon L. Hematopoietic defects in rps29 mutant zebrafish depend upon p53 activation. Exp Hematol. 2012;40:228-237.e5 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies demonstrate a role of p53 in mediating the cellular defects associated with rps29 and establish a role for rps29 and p53 in hematopoietic stem cells and red blood cell development. ..
- Danilova N, Bibikova E, Covey T, Nathanson D, Dimitrova E, Konto Y, et al. The role of the DNA damage response in zebrafish and cellular models of Diamond Blackfan anemia. Dis Model Mech. 2014;7:895-905 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the rescue of RP-deficient zebrafish with exogenous nucleosides suggests that nucleoside supplements could be beneficial in the treatment of DBA. ..
- Sorrells S, Toruno C, Stewart R, Jette C. Analysis of apoptosis in zebrafish embryos by whole-mount immunofluorescence to detect activated Caspase 3. J Vis Exp. 2013;:e51060 pubmed publisher..Overall, the Casp3 assay represents a robust, highly reproducible assay in which to analyze apoptotic cells in early zebrafish embryos. ..
- Larson T, Gordon T, Lau H, Parichy D. Defective adult oligodendrocyte and Schwann cell development, pigment pattern, and craniofacial morphology in puma mutant zebrafish having an alpha tubulin mutation. Dev Biol. 2010;346:296-309 pubmed publisher..Here, we analyze the zebrafish puma mutant, isolated originally for pigment pattern defects limited to the adult stage...
- Hrubik J, Glisic B, Samardzija D, Stanic B, Pogrmic Majkic K, Fa S, et al. Effect of PMA-induced protein kinase C activation on development and apoptosis in early zebrafish embryos. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2016;190:24-31 pubmed publisher..acridine orange staining and caused up-regulation of caspase 9 (casp9) and p53 up-regulated modulator of apoptosis (puma) mRNA in whole embryos...
- Deng J, Yu L, Liu C, Yu K, Shi X, Yeung L, et al. Hexabromocyclododecane-induced developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2009;93:29-36 pubmed publisher..1, 0.5, and 1.0 mg L(-1) HBCD. To test the apoptotic pathway, several genes related to cell apoptosis, such as p53, Puma, Apaf-1, caspase-9, and caspase-3, were examined using real-time PCR...
- Yao L, Chen J, Wu X, Jia S, Meng A. Zebrafish cdc6 hypomorphic mutation causes Meier-Gorlin syndrome-like phenotype. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:4168-4180 pubmed publisher..cdc6tsu21cd mutant fish will be useful to detect more tissue defects and develop medical treatment strategies for MGS patients. ..