Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: baxa
Description: BCL2 associated X, apoptosis regulator a
Alias: bax, fj16e01, wu:fc50b10, wu:fj16e01, BCL2 associated X, apoptosis regulator a, bcl2-associated X protein, a, zBax1
- Popgeorgiev N, Prudent J, Bonneau B, Gillet G. The yolk cell of the zebrafish blastula harbors functional apoptosis machinery. Commun Integr Biol. 2011;4:549-551 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we present evidence that caspase-3 activation is actually detectable in nrz knock-down embryos when premature margin constriction is prevented. ..
- Christen V, Faltermann S, Brun N, Kunz P, Fent K. Cytotoxicity and molecular effects of biocidal disinfectants (quaternary ammonia, glutaraldehyde, poly(hexamethylene biguanide) hydrochloride PHMB) and their mixtures in vitro and in zebrafish eleuthero-embryos. Sci Total Environ. 2017;586:1204-1218 pubmed publisher..Barquat and BAC let to induction of ER stress and inflammation in vitro, and BAC and glutaraldehyde at non-toxic concentrations in vivo, while benzalkonium chloride induced expression of tnf-? only. ..
- Sandrini J, Trindade G, Nery L, Marins L. Time-course expression of DNA repair-related genes in hepatocytes of zebrafish (Danio rerio) after UV-B exposure. Photochem Photobiol. 2009;85:220-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results demonstrate an activation of the DNA repair system in hepatocytes of zebrafish exposed to UV-B radiation, mainly involving the participation of p53. ..
- Yang S, Liu S, Ren Z, Jiao X, Qin S. Induction of oxidative stress and related transcriptional effects of perfluorononanoic acid using an in vivo assessment. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2014;160:60-5 pubmed publisher..JNK) was partially increased, while Bcl-2, an anti-apoptotic gene, was reduced, with no significant effects on Bax and caspase-3 during the exposure period...
- Zhang Y, Ear J, Yang Z, Morimoto K, Zhang B, Lin S. Defects of protein production in erythroid cells revealed in a zebrafish Diamond-Blackfan anemia model for mutation in RPS19. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1352 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the newly generated rps19 zebrafish mutant should serve as a useful animal model to study DBA. Our in vivo findings may provide clues for the future therapy strategy for DBA. ..
- Kim K, Zaikova T, Hutchison J, Tanguay R. Gold nanoparticles disrupt zebrafish eye development and pigmentation. Toxicol Sci. 2013;133:275-88 pubmed publisher..significant increase of cell death in the eye, which was correlated with an increase in gene expression of p53 and bax. Expression patterns of key transcription factors regulating eye development (pax6a, pax6b, otx2, and rx1) and ..
- Coffin A, Rubel E, Raible D. Bax, Bcl2, and p53 differentially regulate neomycin- and gentamicin-induced hair cell death in the zebrafish lateral line. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. 2013;14:645-59 pubmed publisher..present study, we use a combination of pharmacologic and genetic manipulations to assess the contributions of p53, Bax, and Bcl2 in the death of zebrafish lateral line hair cells...
- Lerebours A, Gonzalez P, Adam C, Camilleri V, Bourdineaud J, Garnier Laplace J. Comparative analysis of gene expression in brain, liver, skeletal muscles, and gills of zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to environmentally relevant waterborne uranium concentrations. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2009;28:1271-8 pubmed publisher..During the depuration phase, uranium excretion was inefficient in brain and skeletal muscles, and expression of most of the tissue-specific genes was repressed or unchanged. ..
- Wei L, Hoole D, Sun B. Identification of apoptosis-related genes and transcription variations in response to microcystin-LR in zebrafish liver. Toxicol Ind Health. 2014;30:777-84 pubmed publisher..1 (ppm1d) and a novel apoptosis stimulating protein of p53 (aspp2)), bcl 2 family members (proapoptosis gene bax and antiapoptosis gene mcl 1), caspases (caspase y (caspy) and a PYD and CARD domain-containing protein (pycard)) ..
- Chen M, Hsu L, Wu J, Yeh C, Tsai J, Hseu Y, et al. Exposure to benzidine caused apoptosis and malformation of telencephalon region in zebrafish. Environ Toxicol. 2014;29:1428-36 pubmed publisher..Real-time polymerase chain reaction analysis also showed that benzidine treatment affected p53, bax, and noxa expression...
- Jin Y, Pan X, Cao L, Ma B, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cis-bifenthrin enantioselectively induces the transcription of genes related to oxidative stress, apoptosis and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:717-23 pubmed publisher..Cat), P53, murine double minute 2 (Mdm2), B-cell lymphoma/leukaemia-2 gene (Bcl2), Bcl2 associated X protein (Bax), apoptotic protease activating factor-1 (Apaf1), Caspase 9 (Cas9), Caspase 3 (Cas3), interleukin-1 beta (IL-1?) ..
- Yin P, Li Y, Chen Q, Liu Z. Diethylstilbestrol, flutamide and their combination impaired the spermatogenesis of male adult zebrafish through disrupting HPG axis, meiosis and apoptosis. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;185:129-137 pubmed publisher..In fish exposed to DES and DES+FLU, enhanced apoptosis (elevated bax/bcl-2 expression ratio) was also observed...
- Guo L, Chua J, Vijayakumar D, Lee K, Lim K, Eng H, et al. Detection of the 113p53 protein isoform: a p53-induced protein that feeds back on the p53 pathway to modulate the p53 response in zebrafish. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:1998-2007 pubmed
- Fent K, Chew G, Li J, Gomez E. Benzotriazole UV-stabilizers and benzotriazole: Antiandrogenic activity in vitro and activation of aryl hydrocarbon receptor pathway in zebrafish eleuthero-embryos. Sci Total Environ. 2014;482-483:125-36 pubmed publisher..Forthcoming studies should show whether the observed antiandrogenic activities and transcriptional changes translate into physiological effects . ..
- Orieux N, Cambier S, Gonzalez P, Morin B, Adam C, Garnier Laplace J, et al. Genotoxic damages in zebrafish submitted to a polymetallic gradient displayed by the Lot River (France). Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2011;74:974-83 pubmed publisher..The 8-oxodG quantification was not sensitive enough to be used in zebrafish under these environmental conditions. ..
- Mu X, Chai T, Wang K, Zhang J, Zhu L, Li X, et al. Occurrence and origin of sensitivity toward difenoconazole in zebrafish (Danio reio) during different life stages. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;160:57-68 pubmed publisher..At 8 dpe, the modification in the transcription of the tested genes in the embryos and adult fish was similar, except for the genes related to the synthesis of sterols. ..
- Lin H, Lee S, Wu J, Duann Y, Chen J. Development of Cre-loxP technology in zebrafish to study the regulation of fish reproduction. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2013;39:1525-39 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, this transgenic zebrafish model system provides a method to produce infertile fish and may be useful for application to genetically modified fish...
- Cosme M, Lister A, Van der Kraak G. Inhibition of spawning in zebrafish (Danio rerio): Adverse outcome pathways of quinacrine and ethinylestradiol. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2015;219:89-101 pubmed publisher..Histological analysis and gene expression were effective tools in defining the AOPs of QUIN and EE2 while the measurement of reproductive hormones level did not provide much valuable information regarding the toxicant's mode of action. ..
- Jin Y, Zheng S, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cypermethrin induces apoptosis and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;30:1049-54 pubmed publisher..The mRNA levels of some key genes including P53, Puma, Bax, Apaf1, Cas9 and Cas3 on the mitochondrial pathway of cell apoptosis were significantly up-regulated at the ..
- Deng J, Yu L, Liu C, Yu K, Shi X, Yeung L, et al. Hexabromocyclododecane-induced developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2009;93:29-36 pubmed publisher..Two anti-apoptotic genes, Mdm2 (antagonist of p53) and Bcl-2 (inhibitor of Bax), were down-regulated, and the activity of capspase-9 and caspase-3 was significantly increased...
- Wang H, He L, Pei Y, Chu P, Huang R, Li Y, et al. Cloning and characterization of Bax1 and Bax2 genes of Ctenopharyngodon idellus and evaluation of transcript expression in response to grass carp reovirus infection. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2016;42:1369-82 pubmed publisherMultidomain proapoptotic Bcl-2-associated X (Bax) protein is an essential effector responsible for mitochondrial outer membrane permeabilization, resulting in cell death via apoptosis...
- Wang Y, Xu L, Li D, Teng M, Zhang R, Zhou Z, et al. Enantioselective bioaccumulation of hexaconazole and its toxic effects in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2015;138:798-805 pubmed publisher..Significant up-regulation of p53, Puma, Apaf-1, caspase-3 and caspase-9 expression and down-regulation of Bcl-2/Bax expression ratio were proved...
- Lee W, Kim E, Um J, Kang N, Oh J, Park S, et al. Protective Effects of Xylose-Taurine Reduced against Damages Caused by Oxidative Stress in Zebrafish Embryos In Vivo Model. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;975 Pt 1:643-653 pubmed publisher..Moreover, X-T-R down-regulated the expression levels of Bax, caspase-3, caspase-9 and p53 known as pro-apoptotic molecules, whereas up-regulated those of Bcl-2, an anti-..
- Gioacchini G, Dalla Valle L, Benato F, Fimia G, Nardacci R, Ciccosanti F, et al. Interplay between autophagy and apoptosis in the development of Danio rerio follicles and the effects of a probiotic. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2013;25:1115-25 pubmed publisher..e., p53, bax, apaf and cas3) and higher expression as igfII and igf1r...
- Langenau D, Feng H, Berghmans S, Kanki J, Kutok J, Look A. Cre/lox-regulated transgenic zebrafish model with conditional myc-induced T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:6068-73 pubmed
- Wang W, Hong J, Lin G, Liu W, Gong H, Lu M, et al. Stage-specific expression of TNF? regulates bad/bid-mediated apoptosis and RIP1/ROS-mediated secondary necrosis in Birnavirus-infected fish cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16740 pubmed publisher..i.). Taken together, our results indicate that IPNV triggers two death pathways via up-stream induction of the pro-inflammatory cytokine TNF?, and these results may provide new insights into the pathogenesis of RNA viruses. ..
- Miccoli A, Gioacchini G, Maradonna F, Benato F, Skobo T, Carnevali O. Beneficial bacteria affect Danio rerio development by the modulation of maternal factors involved in autophagic, apoptotic and dorsalizing processes. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;35:1706-18 pubmed publisher..investigated--ambra1a, ambra1b, beclin, lc3-, as well as those involved in the apoptotic process--caspase3, bcl2, bax--were modulated in disfavor and favor of the treated group, respectively...
- Choi J, Kim S, Ahn J, Youn P, Kang J, Park K, et al. Induction of oxidative stress and apoptosis by silver nanoparticles in the liver of adult zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;100:151-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, the p53-related pro-apoptotic genes Bax, Noxa, and p21 were upregulated after treatment with AgNPs...
- Chakraborty A, Uechi T, Higa S, Torihara H, Kenmochi N. Loss of ribosomal protein L11 affects zebrafish embryonic development through a p53-dependent apoptotic response. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4152 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ribosomal dysfunction due to the loss of L11 activates a p53-dependent checkpoint response to prevent improper embryonic development. ..
- Ladhar C, Geffroy B, Cambier S, Tréguer Delapierre M, Durand E, Brèthes D, et al. Impact of dietary cadmium sulphide nanoparticles on Danio rerio zebrafish at very low contamination pressure. Nanotoxicology. 2014;8:676-85 pubmed publisher..Cadmium accumulation in fish tissues (brain and muscles) could only be observed after 60 days of exposure. CdSNPs toxicity was dependent on their size and concentration. ..
- Perrichon P, Le Menach K, Akcha F, Cachot J, Budzinski H, Bustamante P. Toxicity assessment of water-accommodated fractions from two different oils using a zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryo-larval bioassay with a multilevel approach. Sci Total Environ. 2016;568:952-966 pubmed publisher..Our work highlights once more, the cardiotoxic action (and potentially neurotoxic) of petroleum-related PAHs. ..
- GentÃ¨s S, Maury Brachet R, Feng C, Pedrero Z, Tessier E, Legeay A, et al. Specific Effects of Dietary Methylmercury and Inorganic Mercury in Zebrafish (Danio rerio) Determined by Genetic, Histological, and Metallothionein Responses. Environ Sci Technol. 2015;49:14560-9 pubmed publisher..In brain, high MeHg and iHg concentrations induced metallothionein production. Finally, the importance of the fish origin in ecotoxicological studies, here the seventh descent of a zebrafish line, is discussed. ..
- Si J, Zhou R, Song J, Gan L, Zhou X, Di C, et al. Toxic effects of 56Fe ion radiation on the zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryonic development. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;186:87-95 pubmed publisher..mRNA levels of genes involved in the apoptotic pathway, including p53, bax, bcl-2, and caspase-3, were significantly affected by radiation exposure...
- Perrichon P, Akcha F, Le Menach K, Goubeau M, Budzinski H, Cousin X, et al. Parental trophic exposure to three aromatic fractions of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in the zebrafish: Consequences for the offspring. Sci Total Environ. 2015;524-525:52-62 pubmed publisher..The disruptions observed at the individual level in the next generation could impact on the longer-term, surviving population. ..
- Shi X, Du Y, Lam P, Wu R, Zhou B. Developmental toxicity and alteration of gene expression in zebrafish embryos exposed to PFOS. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2008;230:23-32 pubmed publisher..Certain genes related to cell apoptosis, p53 and Bax, were both significantly up-regulated upon exposure to all the concentrations tested...
- Espín R, Roca F, Candel S, Sepulcre M, González Rosa J, Alcaraz Pérez F, et al. TNF receptors regulate vascular homeostasis in zebrafish through a caspase-8, caspase-2 and P53 apoptotic program that bypasses caspase-3. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:383-96 pubmed publisher..We have identified an evolutionarily conserved apoptotic pathway involved in vascular homeostasis that provides new therapeutic targets for the control of inflammation- and tumor-driven angiogenesis. ..
- Zhou Z, Sun L. Edwardsiella tarda-Induced Inhibition of Apoptosis: A Strategy for Intracellular Survival. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2016;6:76 pubmed publisher..tarda prevents apoptosis in teleost as a strategy for intracellular survival, and that some putative apoptotic genes of teleost function in the apoptosis pathway probably in a manner similar to that in mammalian systems. ..
- Prudent J, Popgeorgiev N, Bonneau B, Thibaut J, Gadet R, Lopez J, et al. Bcl-wav and the mitochondrial calcium uniporter drive gastrula morphogenesis in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2330 pubmed publisher..Thus, from an evolutionary point of view, the original function of Bcl-2 proteins might have been to contribute in controlling the global positioning system of blastomeres during gastrulation, a critical step in metazoan development. ..
- Nasri A, Valverde A, Roche D, Desrumaux C, Clair P, Beyrem H, et al. Neurotoxicity of a Biopesticide Analog on Zebrafish Larvae at Nanomolar Concentrations. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..On the other hand, canonical targets of endocrine signaling are not affected, suggesting that the neurotoxic effect of A6 may be due to the binding of this compound to a recently identified, neuron-specific estrogen receptor. ..
- Pai W, Hsu C, Lai C, Chang T, Tsai Y, Her G. Cannabinoid receptor 1 promotes hepatic lipid accumulation and lipotoxicity through the induction of SREBP-1c expression in zebrafish. Transgenic Res. 2013;22:823-38 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to report CB1R as a potential hepatic stimulator for zebrafish liver steatosis. ..
- Prykhozhij S. In the absence of Sonic hedgehog, p53 induces apoptosis and inhibits retinal cell proliferation, cell-cycle exit and differentiation in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13549 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Shh-mediated control of p53 activity is required for proliferation and cell cycle exit of retinal cells as well as differentiation of amacrine cells and photoreceptors. ..
- Chen X, Dong Q, Chen Y, Zhang Z, Huang C, Zhu Y, et al. Effects of Dechlorane Plus exposure on axonal growth, musculature and motor behavior in embryo-larval zebrafish. Environ Pollut. 2017;224:7-15 pubmed publisher..species (ROS) and malondialdehyde (MDA) formation, as well as the mRNA transcript levels of apoptosis-related genes bax and caspase-3...
- Lim C, Chong S, Jiang Y. Udu deficiency activates DNA damage checkpoint. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4183-93 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Udu is colocalized with 5-bromo-2'-deoxyuridine and heterochromatin during DNA replication, suggesting a role in maintaining genome integrity. ..
- Sun L, Xin L, Peng Z, Jin R, Jin Y, Qian H, et al. Toxicity and enantiospecific differences of two ?-blockers, propranolol and metoprolol, in the embryos and larvae of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Toxicol. 2014;29:1367-78 pubmed publisher..These results also demonstrated that the enantiospecific toxicity of chiral ?-blockers should be investigated when performing an ecological risk assessment. ..
- Nery L, Eltz N, Hackman C, Fonseca R, Altenhofen S, Guerra H, et al. Brain intraventricular injection of amyloid-Î² in zebrafish embryo impairs cognition and increases tau phosphorylation, effects reversed by lithium. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e105862 pubmed publisher..We believe this may represent a straightforward platform useful to identification of cellular and molecular mechanisms of early stage AD-like symptoms and the effects of neuroactive molecules in pharmacological screenings. ..
- Daroczi B, Kari G, Ren Q, Dicker A, Rodeck U. Nuclear factor kappaB inhibitors alleviate and the proteasome inhibitor PS-341 exacerbates radiation toxicity in zebrafish embryos. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:2625-34 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, inhibitors of canonical pathways to NF-kappaB activation may be useful in alleviating radiation toxicity in patients. ..
- Faltermann S, Grundler V, Gademann K, Pernthaler J, Fent K. Comparative effects of nodularin and microcystin-LR in zebrafish: 2. Uptake and molecular effects in eleuthero-embryos and adult liver with focus on endoplasmic reticulum stress. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;171:77-87 pubmed publisher..However, no alterations in transcript levels of pro-apoptotic genes Bcl-2 like protein 4 (bax) and p53 occurred...
- Popgeorgiev N, Bonneau B, Ferri K, Prudent J, Thibaut J, Gillet G. The apoptotic regulator Nrz controls cytoskeletal dynamics via the regulation of Ca2+ trafficking in the zebrafish blastula. Dev Cell. 2011;20:663-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, the Bcl-2 family may participate in early development, not only by controlling apoptosis but also by acting on cytoskeletal dynamics and cell movements via Ca(2+) fluxes inside the embryo...
- Zhu L, Mu X, Wang K, Chai T, Yang Y, Qiu L, et al. Cyhalofop-butyl has the potential to induce developmental toxicity, oxidative stress and apoptosis in early life stage of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Pollut. 2015;203:40-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we speculated that oxidative stress-induced apoptosis should be responsible for abnormal development during embryogenesis after cyhalofop-butyl exposure. ..
- Kratz E, Eimon P, Mukhyala K, Stern H, Zha J, Strasser A, et al. Functional characterization of the Bcl-2 gene family in the zebrafish. Cell Death Differ. 2006;13:1631-40 pubmed..Apoptosis induction by gamma-irradiation required zBax1 and zPuma, and could be prevented by overexpression of homologs of prosurvival Bcl-2 family members...
- Sandrini J, Bianchini A, Trindade G, Nery L, Marins L. Reactive oxygen species generation and expression of DNA repair-related genes after copper exposure in zebrafish (Danio rerio) ZFL cells. Aquat Toxicol. 2009;95:285-91 pubmed publisher..Conversely, expression of Gadd45alpha, CyclinG1 and Bax genes was significantly induced after 24h of exposure to 20mgCu/L...
- Soares J, Castro L, Reis Henriques M, Monteiro N, Santos M. Zebrafish (Danio rerio) life-cycle exposure to chronic low doses of ethinylestradiol modulates p53 gene transcription within the gonads, but not NER pathways. Ecotoxicology. 2012;21:1513-22 pubmed publisher..e., p21 (cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor), GADD45? (growth arrest and DNA damage induced 45, alpha), bax (bcl2-associated X protein) and p53 key regulator MDM2 (murine double minute 2 protein)...
- Yuan H, Zhou J, Deng M, Liu X, Le Bras M, De The H, et al. Small ubiquitin-related modifier paralogs are indispensable but functionally redundant during early development of zebrafish. Cell Res. 2010;20:185-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that SUMO paralogs are indispensable, but redundant, in the early development of zebrafish. ..
- Long Y, Li Q, Li J, Cui Z. Molecular analysis, developmental function and heavy metal-induced expression of ABCC5 in zebrafish. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2011;158:46-55 pubmed publisher..Thus, ABCC5 is likely to play an active role in embryonic development and heavy metal detoxification through the export of second messenger molecules and toxicants out of cells in zebrafish. ..
- Yu K, Li G, Feng W, Liu L, Zhang J, Wu W, et al. Chlorpyrifos is estrogenic and alters embryonic hatching, cell proliferation and apoptosis in zebrafish. Chem Biol Interact. 2015;239:26-33 pubmed publisher..The mRNA expression levels of c-myc, cyclin D1, Bax and Bcl-2, which are closely related to cell proliferation and cell apoptosis, were disturbed by CPF in zebrafish ..
- Zhang Y, Liu K, Hassan H, Guo H, Ding P, Han L, et al. Liver Fatty Acid Binding Protein Deficiency Provokes Oxidative Stress, Inflammation, and Apoptosis-Mediated Hepatotoxicity Induced by Pyrazinamide in Zebrafish Larvae. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:7347-7356 pubmed
- Singh R, Khatri P, Srivastava N, Jain S, Brahmachari V, Mukhopadhyay A, et al. Fluoride exposure abates pro-inflammatory response and induces in vivo apoptosis rendering zebrafish (Danio rerio) susceptible to bacterial infections. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;63:314-321 pubmed publisher..The upregulated expression of casp3a coupled with altered Bcl-2 associated X protein/B-cell lymphoma 2 ratio (baxa/bcl2a) clearly suggested chronic fluoride exposure induced the apoptotic cascade in zebrafish...
- Cui Y, Liu W, Xie W, Yu W, Wang C, Chen H. Investigation of the Effects of Perfluorooctanoic Acid (PFOA) and Perfluorooctane Sulfonate (PFOS) on Apoptosis and Cell Cycle in a Zebrafish (Danio rerio) Liver Cell Line. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015;12:15673-82 pubmed publisher..IC(50) and IC(80) concentrations were identified by cellular modeling and MTT assays. mRNA levels of p53, Bcl-2, Bax, Caspase-3 and NF-ÎºB p65 were detected by qPCR...
- Gioacchini G, Rossi G, Carnevali O. Host-probiotic interaction: new insight into the role of the endocannabinoid system by in vivo and ex vivo approaches. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1261 pubmed publisher..The results presented here strengthen the molecular mechanisms activated by probiotic mix controlling immune response and inflammation. ..
- Du J, Cai J, Wang S, You H. Oxidative stress and apotosis to zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos exposed to perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) and ZnO nanoparticles. Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2017;30:213-229 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, several apoptosis pathway related genes such as Bax, p53, caspase-3 and caspase-9 were significantly up-regulated in the PFOS plus ZnO-NPs exposure groups, while anti-..
- Mei J, Zhang Q, Li Z, Lin S, Gui J. C1q-like inhibits p53-mediated apoptosis and controls normal hematopoiesis during zebrafish embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2008;319:273-84 pubmed publisher..quantitative PCR showed the up-regulation expression of several apoptosis regulators such as p53, mdm2, p21, Bax and caspase 3, and down-regulation expression of hbae1 in the C1q-like morphant embryos...
- Balow S, Pierce L, Zentner G, Conrad P, Davis S, Sabaawy H, et al. Knockdown of fbxl10/kdm2bb rescues chd7 morphant phenotype in a zebrafish model of CHARGE syndrome. Dev Biol. 2013;382:57-69 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CHARGE-like phenotypes in zebrafish can be mitigated through modulation of fbxl10 levels and implicate FBXL10 as a possible therapeutic target in CHARGE syndrome. ..
- Wu M, Pan C, Chen Z, Jiang L, Lei P, Yang M. Bioconcentration pattern and induced apoptosis of bisphenol A in zebrafish embryos at environmentally relevant concentrations. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2017;24:6611-6621 pubmed publisher..In addition, the expression patterns of four genes related to apoptosis including caspase-3, bax, p53, and c-jun were significantly up-regulated (p < 0...
- Amali A, Rekha R, Lin C, Wang W, Gong H, Her G, et al. Thioacetamide induced liver damage in zebrafish embryo as a disease model for steatohepatitis. J Biomed Sci. 2006;13:225-32 pubmed..the increasing of apoptosis was observed to be associated with the up-regulation of apoptotic genes such as, bad, bax, P-38a, caspase-3 and 8, and JNK-1...
- Lam S, Ung C, Hlaing M, Hu J, Li Z, Mathavan S, et al. Molecular insights into 4-nitrophenol-induced hepatotoxicity in zebrafish: transcriptomic, histological and targeted gene expression analyses. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1830:4778-89 pubmed publisher..This is the first transcriptomic report on 4-NP induced hepatotoxicity. ..
- Han R, Wang R, Zhao Q, Han Y, Zong S, Miao S, et al. Trim69 regulates zebrafish brain development by ap-1 pathway. Sci Rep. 2016;6:24034 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results support a role for trim69 in the development of the zebrafish brain through ap-1 pathway. ..
- Hu S, Lin P, Liao C, Gong H, Lin G, Kawakami K, et al. Nitroreductase-mediated gonadal dysgenesis for infertility control of genetically modified zebrafish. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2010;12:569-78 pubmed publisher..These results show that oocyte-specific nitroreductase-mediated catalysis of metronidazole can cause reliable infertility in zebrafish and could potentially be used as a model for other aquaculture fish species. ..
- Chua J, Liew H, Guo L, Lane D. Tumor-specific signaling to p53 is mimicked by Mdm2 inactivation in zebrafish: insights from mdm2 and mdm4 mutant zebrafish. Oncogene. 2015;34:5933-41 pubmed publisher..Our results are suggestive of the hypothesis that p53 protein accumulates during tumor formation as a result of tumor-specific inactivation of the Mdm2 pathway. ..
- Jin Y, Zheng S, Pu Y, Shu L, Sun L, Liu W, et al. Cypermethrin has the potential to induce hepatic oxidative stress, DNA damage and apoptosis in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2011;82:398-404 pubmed publisher..apoptosis- related genes, such as p53, Apaf1 and Cas3, were significantly upregulated after CYP exposure, and Bcl2/Bax expression ratio decreased, especially in groups treated with 1 and 3 ?g L(-1) CYP for 8 days...
- Jeon H, Lee H. Depletion of Aurora-A in zebrafish causes growth retardation due to mitotic delay and p53-dependent cell death. FEBS J. 2013;280:1518-30 pubmed publisher..The clinical implications of these results relate to the indication that Aurora-A inhibitors may be effective towards cancers with intact p53. ..
- Sasaki T, Lian S, Qi J, Bayliss P, Carr C, Johnson J, et al. Aberrant autolysosomal regulation is linked to the induction of embryonic senescence: differential roles of Beclin 1 and p53 in vertebrate Spns1 deficiency. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004409 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results provide evidence that Spns1 operates during autophagy and senescence differentially with Beclin 1 and p53. ..